Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  22:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin: Thanks ! Mortscript seems to do the job fine.

For those who are interested, MortScript can be downloaded from Mirko Schenk's site @
http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?module=frontpage&entry=&action=&menu=11

This installation process worked for me:
Download MortScript version 4.1
Copy the MortScript-4.1-PNA.cab file to my iPAQ via ActiveSync
Run the MortScript-4.1-PNA.cab file to install on \SDMMC
Execute Mortscript.exe to register the software

Continues to work after a reset too.
Go to Top of Page

cornellian

6 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2008 :  13:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever you resume the 310 from standby and bluetooth is on a "Please Wait" message appears. I believe the message is generated by the waitmessage.exe in the Bluetooth folder. I find this to be extremely annoying as it monopolizes the system for 5-10 seconds.

Does anyone know of a way to have this message run in the background? I tried creating a dummy exe file and replacing waitmessage.exe but that froze the 310. So I assume waitmessage.exe does more than just display a message.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Thommas

France
16 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2008 :  22:33:46  Show Profile  Visit Thommas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If ever one of you knows how to disable right click (tap hold) on a pocket pc running under Windows Mobile 6.0, please tell me :D !!!

Be Quick ! Time is Mana...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2008 :  22:46:37  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k000

Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying 'Accept' warning window ?

yes, move to Europe. The warning is mandatory for all systems in the US.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

fspine

6 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  02:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbenlin: I saw on this post you said you would steer clear f Vb2005 for developing applications for the iPAQ (windows CE). I was wondering if you can explain why? I have been trying to develop with it and have been having problems, especially with dlls. Which brings me to the next Q.

Does anyone know where to download a windows CE version of mscoree.dll. The version i use gives me an error of not being valid (32 or 64 bit) windows ce dll. any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

SidewinderFW

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  03:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to "modify" a pocketpc version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to work on the Ipaq 310. I wanted to use Adobe's install process as it mod's the registry to add the application and identify a .pdf properly, so I modified the cab with updated dll's. The install also adds an eBookSupport.dll to the windows directory. Reader doesn't appear to use this because it is lost after a reset, but reader still works fine. Anyone know what the eBookSupport.dll is for?

Second, I found a notepad that also works well on the 310. Download http://tillanosoft.com/anonymous_ftp/pub/ce/pnpad40e.zip and install the pnotepad.hpcarm.CAB. Unfortunately the install does not modify the registry settings to identify .txt, .log, .ini, and other files to use notepad to open. I made thse by hand.

You can install both in the /ResidentFlash or /SDMMC directory.

BTW, I love OziExplorerCE on here. I downloaded several local USGS topo .tif files, installed and sync'd them and took the 310 out hiking. Works. The gps remains locked on the sat's better than my Garmin eTrek does, but it does use the battery faster. On my next hike I'll try to use screenblank and see how much longer the battery lasts.

Download the Acrobat.cab here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/AcroRdr310.cab

Edited by - SidewinderFW on 08 févr. 2008 20:07:12
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  04:44:51  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fspine

lbenlin: I saw on this post you said you would steer clear f Vb2005 for developing applications for the iPAQ (windows CE). I was wondering if you can explain why? I have been trying to develop with it and have been having problems, especially with dlls.

There is no sane reasoning behind that statement. it is purely a sign of my old age - I used to program in assembler...). I just can't stand bloatware.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

cornellian

6 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  04:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
k000,

In the hp_sagan.ini file located in the NAV folder's data.zip file there is a line called "drive_carefully=1".

If you change the 1 to 0 the warning message will be removed. However, I have had only inconsistent results.

For example, when I resume from standby while on battery the message is not displayed. If I resume from standby while charging the warning message is displayed.

I looked for other configure changes but could not find anything. Sorry I can't be of more help.

As for moving to Europe, not a very constructive comment. This is my first non-built in GPS device though I have had numerous Windows Mobile and CE devices and this forum is very "different" from the WM/CE forums I am use to. I asked a couple questions and no one even cares to respond (I guess my questions weren't important enough or didn't peak anyone's interest).

Also, what is up with having everything is one huge topic? Am I the only one who thinks this is very inefficient?

-Will

Edited by - cornellian on 08 févr. 2008 04:52:13
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  15:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@cornellian - thanks fo the tip. I will try it out. I am sure lbendlin was not being serious and probably did not know about that tip himself/herself.

I do think there could be subtopis added to a mster Thread group, called HP iPaq 31x
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  15:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The executabilitycheck is working!
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11405&posts=7

-----copy start-----
For some reason or another, ExecutabilityCheck will not display its file dialog properly on CE 5.0. I noticed a few other older apps have this same issue on CE 5.0 as well. At first I assumed it was because my PNA device was missing some shell registry entries until I noticed that it happened on more complete devices like the CE 5.0 sample OS image for the Emulator.

Anyway, it can thankfully be fixed and here is what you need to do:

To run it on CE 5.0 and get it to properly display its FileOpen dialog, you need to pass it a valid directory name on its command line like this:

("\Storage Card\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \) [minus parenthesis]

Something like "\Storage Card\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \Program Files will also work if you want it to directly open to the \Program Files directory when you invoke it.

I suggest you put the something like my above examples in a WinCE shortcut and always run ExecutabilityCheck from this shortcut so you don't need to worry about this little bug again.

Or if you wish to associate it with DLL files use a program like GSFinder+ or Total Commander/CE (2.5 beta3 or later). If you feel like bypassing the fileopen dialog completely but don't want to associate it, simply give it the full path to the file you wish to check on the command line. For example, in Start>Run I often type something like:
"\Windows\ExecutabilityCheck.exe" \Program Files\someexe.exe

Please realize that other than the FileOpen bug, ExecutabilityCheck also has issues with checking files on CE 5.0. It no longer can properly list an executable's missing imports on any CE 5 device I have tried it on (even WM5/WM6 Pocket PC) You can still use it to rename imports and change the OS version, though.

I hope this helped your little issue and I'm glad I figured it out even if it doesn't work properly on CE 5.0 anyway...
-----copy end-----

Download: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/exec.zip

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 08 févr. 2008 15:46:17
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  15:55:01  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k000

I am sure lbendlin was not being serious and probably did not know about that tip himself/herself.

Wrong on both counts. This is a legal restriction, not a technical restriction.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

cornellian

6 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2008 :  15:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin

Just out of curiosity, what law? Since you don't know what state k000 lives in I am assuming this must be a Federal Law.

I have never heard of a law that requires the warning. I always assumed it was there for liability reasons.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2008 :  11:40:59  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who can help? I am searching bigger keyboard software onto the WinCE. The inbuilt over small.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2008 :  12:39:10  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried JotKBD but it would not print any characters. Function keys work fine.

http://www.hpcnec.com/cgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=14&topic_id=1148563352&edit=1149253951

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2008 :  14:21:36  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I know this. Unfortunately, all buttons are not work... :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05