Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  09:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Hakko & @all interested

Actually you don't need to spend any dime as I most probably am the first one who resurrected an Ipaq312 from option 11. Not in a repair center but at home. Due to the fact that everything was done by my own effort and with the help of someone (will talk later about him) who accepted to run my tools on his own device, I don't see any reason to not share the "magic" files. Let me first tell the story.

Couple of years ago I met Joe (johnhajter) from Australia on a certain forum. He had some problems with one device (I guess it was a Tevion) and I made him from a diskrw dump the files to recover OS. Later on the same for an ipaq312. Since then we are keeping in touch via emails. About half year ago, Joe wasn't anymore able to recover one ipaq just by reflashing OS. so he decided to send it to me (...somewhere in Europe...) as a gift. After weeks of useless trials to upgrade OS, this device still remained stucked in logo screen. At that point I became angry and deliberately used option 11, knowing well the consequences... I ended up with a bricked Ipaq and lot of knowledge about this kind of devices. Thanks to Tarvo, who mentioned the miracle package, I went into a study session which ended last week and the result was that I wrote a small tool, able to talk with the nand controller of any Sirf Atlas cpu. This means that it can read nand's physical pages/blocks, intentionally limited to dump only those blocks where the bootloaders and the logo image is stored. Joe was so kind and ran the tool on his working device, sent me the files and from this moment in about 1/2 an hour my ipaq worked normally. To be fair, even now I have no clue what is doing wrong option 11. I just suppose that engineering menu, belonging to nboot, simply "forgets" to write into TOC the launch address of eboot, possibly kernel's launch address too.

Some words about the package you can download from here:
It contains 2 folders, names are suggestives. Cooked means that I changed the rom registry in such way that with an empty nand (no IPAQ folder present), it will launch explorer and will connect to PC through activesync instead of mass storage. The files from the other folder will bring the Ipaq31x in it's original/factory state. So, copy the content of any folder you want on a FAT16 formatted (compulsory on WinXP!!!) small capacity (<2GB) SD card, insert card, connect usb cable to PC, enter engineering mode and select option "5) Update both Eboot and OS". It firstly will load eboot then will start to format nand flash, which takes more then half an hour. After format will load OS and, depending on which folder you choose, at the end will connect to PC either in AS or MS mode. There is some delay between 100% status and restart, so wait and don't reset the device! Re-enter engineering mode and upgrade logo.

Enjoy your "reborned" devices...

PS: Eboot was extracted from ipaq310 and OS from ipaq312. In case that you have made diskrw dumps from other versions of ipaq31x and you would like to use OS from those devices, please upload the dumps and I'll make the upgrade files.

Edited by - ablbd on 06 mai 2012 15:29:31
Go to Top of Page

wghutchens

3 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  16:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ablbd,

Thank you for your efforts. I am trying to resurrect a 310. I have downloaded your files, extracted them to my Windows 7 PC, formated a 1GB SD card (FAT (default)) and copied the contents of one of the files to the card. I entered the Engineering mode again and selected #5 but I get an error message that says:

Warnig:

Fail to initialize SD Card or some necessary files are missing in SD Card…
Please double check…
Press Jog Wheel Push key back to Engineering Mode main menu…

I tried it with contents from both files but received the same error. Any suggestions? Is that the wrong format type? Using my Windows 7 pc I don't see FAT 16.

Also, if you can tell me how to make an "diskrw dump" from a 310 I'll send it to you from another 310 I have access to.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  18:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wghutchens, have you read carefully how you have to format SD card? I was very specific on that.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1722 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  18:34:48  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AFAIK : FAT = FAT16

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2012 :  20:02:32  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The best way to format your SD-/MMC memory card is using SD formatter 3.1. This is the latest version of SD formatter which specifically designed to format SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. This is absolutely better than using your default operating system format utilities.
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2012 :  19:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, the best way in case that you don't have winXP or access to a winXP PC is to follow jwoegerbauer's suggestion. Vista and W7 formatting is normally compatible with a working device but is NOT compatible with bootloader requirements.
Go to Top of Page

lachutm

7 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2012 :  05:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Megauplode is down most of iPAQ310 roms are gone. Roms that Ablbd prowide won't let me use OEM software. It loops berwene HP invent logo and loading screan asking me do i want reset to factory defaults. Can someone can uplode them plz.

Edited by - lachutm on 12 mai 2012 05:37:33
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2012 :  20:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lachutm, I faced the same situation, so I had to install a "light" unlock. Obviously it was something on reserved part of nand which made possible the use of OEM software but ressurection from opt.11 using eboot will low-level format nand. Anyway, better like this as a dead device.
Go to Top of Page

lachutm

7 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2012 :  02:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can i do it with those two roms or there is something else? I can run iGo Amigo or Automapa PL, but for some reson OEM navigation stops loading whenewer is loading from Residentflash or SDcard. I tried orginal and cooked rom, only after cooked rom device selfrestart.
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2012 :  06:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, roms doesn't help. I located the device identification code in a low-level dump but have no clue (yet) how could I enter this code on nand...
Go to Top of Page

lachutm

7 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2012 :  15:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since we can put device to bootloader mode, we can use mtty11a.exe tool to flash device. I was able to connect iPAQ with bootloader mode to PC(Windows 7) and use drivers from iPAQ hx4700 and driver was installed.
Go to Top of Page

wghutchens

3 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2012 :  23:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
adlbd,

I have made diskrw dumps from a working IPAQ310. Do you need both dsk1 & dsk2 in order to make the OS files for a 310?
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

358 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2012 :  06:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wghutchens: Thanks, meantime I managed to get dumps for 310,314 & 316, I will upload a full package soon but as I told before, OEM software will not run unless we find a way to restore those identification codes.
BTW, have you succeeded to ressurect your device?

lachutm: Could you pls share that hx4700 driver? I wasn't able to locate it anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

lachutm

7 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2012 :  21:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=098ec885ea355a2b&resid=98EC885EA355A2B!2062&parid=root
This driver is only required if you use Win Vista or 7.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=098ec885ea355a2b&resid=98EC885EA355A2B!2063&parid=root
And this tool is used to flash device when is in bootloader mode.
Go to Top of Page

wghutchens

3 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2012 :  04:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ablbd,

Yes, I was indeed successful in resurrecting my 310 using your files. However, as you have pointed out it will not open the OEM nav software. I noticed that back on page 219 of this thread they seemed to be having some success reviving these divices but the files were all uploaded to Megaupload and, of course, are no longer available. I'm not sure if the problems were exactly the same as mine, though. One poster said he did a "quick format" of the 310's memory. I wonder if he did the entire device (if that is even possible) or just the flash where the "IPAQ" file is. I tried that but it still won't load the OEM software.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05