Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  02:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar: I found that if multiple POIs are in the same area at a certain zoom, a star icon appears - indicating multiple POIs.
I'd try editing the 'POI Visibility'. There's a hard to find button under Nav > Settings > Map Settings (i think it's there), the folders you created would probably default to a visibility of 'Off'.

Go to Top of Page

ronzul

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  02:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MESHER

@ronzul - I've tried running a .CF2 solution on the device, it works (not sure wich classes are supported and not yet), I'm using NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab, and after installing that it appears in the 'remove programs' and the 'hello world' application works.
But, after pressing reset, it won't recognize the application any more, it still has all the files (CF3.5) in the ResidentFlash area, it's still listed in 'remove programs', but the .exe files aren't recognized.

Thanks for that. By any chance did you try running a version 2 application without installing NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab? Ie will the device natively run least some .NET applications?
quote:
So the question is, Anyone knows if there's some kind of registry whipeout after reset?

Interesting about the effects of the soft reset. I did spot something on page 13, which sort of implied that at least some elements of the registry are permanent across resets.
quote:
Originally posted by lexfit (page 13)

Every time you reset your 310, all the shortcuts on your Desktop are wiped out. FYI, if you modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop registry key to point to \sdmmc\Desktop rather than \windows\Desktop, you get to keep your shortcuts after a reset!

Cheers
Ronny
Go to Top of Page

maca69

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  02:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sancho, Which version of Total Commander CE and where can i get it?

quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

quote:
Originally posted by maca69

What program did you use to edit with and I could not find that directory path as above. Could you please supply more information for a newbie - Thanks

I use the Total Commander CE for registry editing.

Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  04:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jaredr, I actually tried to route to some of them and it appears they are not in the device. Out of the 50 or so I created, only about 20 showed up. (I checked under the POI list I created)

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  05:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my ipaq 310 is instable now, it suspend frequently.
I want to restore to factory setting, but I did not save the register file
Could I just use other's saved register file, and import to my machine?
Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  05:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar: Not sure, maybe there is a formatting error with the ones not being displayed. Are they a long distance from your route, if so they may not appear. Did you want me to have a look at the file?
Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  10:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion,

In resident flash\ipaq\os\config\sys.txt, set mainexitbutton=1. This will place the red X in the main Oasis settings menu.

My old defective unit used to reboot when I clicked on that X and chose exit, though this was when you start Oasis directly after a reboot (rather than booting through CElauncher). I haven't tried clicking that X during a non-CElauncher reboot with my replacement unit, as I now pretty much just always boot into WinCE first, then launch os_starter if I want to use Oasis. If you select minimize after clicking the X, it just brings nav.exe back to the front. If you exit, it should dump you back to the desktop, though the taskbar will have closed so you need to restart it.

Edited by - sprog on 31 janv. 2008 10:42:33
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  14:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jaredr, yeah, I thought the same about the locations being far away. I even routed to some areas close to some of the ones not showing up. I then searched for the POI's. No luck. I wouldn't mind sending you the file. Not sure if I can PM it to you without GPSPassion's consent, but I will try. Check your PM. Thanks!

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

MESHER

2 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  15:04:46  Show Profile  Visit MESHER's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link to page 13.
Ive tried the CF2 projects and did not succed to run even the simple 'hello world' without having the framework installed. I guess there is a need for 100% native code to use this device with custom applications without to much registry tweaks.. Too bad, we used the WM5 based Travel Companion without any problems, this is a nice device, I hope some method arise!

quote:
Originally posted by ronzul

quote:

@ronzul - I've tried running a .CF2 solution on the device, it works (not sure wich classes are supported and not yet), I'm using NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab, and after installing that it appears in the 'remove programs' and the 'hello world' application works.
But, after pressing reset, it won't recognize the application any more, it still has all the files (CF3.5) in the ResidentFlash area, it's still listed in 'remove programs', but the .exe files aren't recognized.

Thanks for that. By any chance did you try running a version 2 application without installing NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab? Ie will the device natively run least some .NET applications?
quote:
So the question is, Anyone knows if there's some kind of registry whipeout after reset?

Interesting about the effects of the soft reset. I did spot something on page 13, which sort of implied that at least some elements of the registry are permanent across resets.
quote:
Originally posted by lexfit (page 13)

Every time you reset your 310, all the shortcuts on your Desktop are wiped out. FYI, if you modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop registry key to point to \sdmmc\Desktop rather than \windows\Desktop, you get to keep your shortcuts after a reset!

Cheers
Ronny

Senior Developer
CleverMedia AB
Go to Top of Page

bakthefly

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  22:41:03  Show Profile  Visit bakthefly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi guys,
'customization' of my ipaq 314 is for use two programs (freeware):

- Xcsoar 5.0 (http://www.xcsoar.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page)
- gps_log (http://www.soaringpilotsoftware.com/GPS_LOGpage.htm)

This softwares are developped for soaring navigation and run under wince and win mobile. But wince core haven't some dll (see below for a list of complete dll used by programs) and my first question is:

is possible to have the missing dll for try to run this programs?
and if yes, where and how is possible to obtain that dll?

prox topic... other problems...

DLL LIST
ok = dll found and where
missing = not found in 314

ADVAPI32.DLL missing
AYGSHELL.DLL ok (in \residentflash\ipaq\os\games\flux_challenge)
CESHELL.DLL ok (\windows)
COMMCTRL.DLL ok (\windows)
COREDLL.DLL ok (\windows)
CRYPT32.DLL ok (\windows)
GDI32.DLL missing
KERNEL32.DLL missing
MFC90U.DLL ok (inside the installation cab)
MSASN1.DLL ok (\windows)
MSVCR90.DLL ok (inside the installation cab)
MSVCRT.DLL missing
NTDLL.DLL missing
OLE32.DLL ok (\windows)
OLEAUT32.DLL ok (\windows)
RPCRT4.DLL missing
SECUR32.DLL ok (\windows)
SHLWAPI.DLL ok (\windows)
USER32.DLL missing
WININET.DLL ok (\windows)
WS2.DLL ok (\windows)

BakTheFly
Go to Top of Page

Thommas

France
16 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2008 :  22:54:38  Show Profile  Visit Thommas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all !

This post is quite famous for anyone who's looking for some hack for the HP Pocket PC iPAQ 314 or 310.
I got the 314 for 2 days and i've been trying to launch a flash swf on it without success for now.
Indeed, the Windows Mobile 5.0 on it is a small version of a normal Windows Mobile 5.0 and many dlls are missing. Thus, many vital application won't work.

I tried to put web browser on it, and can't manage to launch any of them : Opera for example. Pocket Internet Explorer is not included on the HP Pocket PC.

The only good hack was the CELauncher.exe (Total Commander executable renamed) on the SD Card to directly go to Windows Mobile 5.0 instead of the HP custom program.

If anyone knows how I could launch a flash swf on this Pocket PC would be welcome. Moreover, I think the good way to do this would be the erase the current Windows Mobile 5.0 with a good one but I can't find a ROM or ISO of a good Windows Mobile 5.0.

Again, I want to thank all people here who gave many good tips.

Be Quick ! Time is Mana...

Edited by - Thommas on 02 févr. 2008 23:22:31
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2008 :  23:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThommasMoreover, I think the good way to do this would be the erase the current Windows Mobile 5.0 with a good one but I can't find a ROM or ISO of a good Windows Mobile 5.0.

This is something I've been wondering about myself. Would there be a way to replace the lousy built-in software and stripped down operating system with a full version of Windows Mobile? To be clear, I'm talking about buying a legal copy of the software and not downloading a pirated version.

Can we install a separate operating system on the SD card and boot from it? Or can we flash the internal storage with something better? Sorry, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Windows, regardless of the flavor.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2008 :  23:19:35  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thommas, Boyd,

appreciate your bold ideas, but they are showing that you have no idea how this business works. To put it mildly - not possible. This device DOES NOT RUN Windows Mobile. It runs Windows CE, and you will have to live with the limitations of Windows CE.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Thommas

France
16 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2008 :  23:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Thommas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Can we install a separate operating system on the SD card and boot from it?"
Yeah, I was looking for that solution too.

I can't believe this 600 Mhz has a limitation from its hardware that prevent it from running a full Windows Mobile 5.0. In fact, I think HP just put the less in order to speed up their custom kind-of OS.

Anyway, my search stops here, I'll go on my work on an ASUS Pal with Windows Mobile 6.0, Flash Lite 2.1 works fine on it :-)

Be Quick ! Time is Mana...
Go to Top of Page

coldsilvernc

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2008 :  00:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the large next turn indicator? It seems kind of redundant to as it is displayed on the top bar as well. I personally would rather have more map view than showing the same turn and distance indicator twice.

TomTom 910 & 720 & 920T, Garmin 580 & 680. Now, Navigon 2100 w/traffic.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05