Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2008 :  02:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jaredr, I was able to load POI's to the Ipaq through the Content Manager, but could not locate them in the device POI screens. The files are in the right folders (NAV/content/userdata) but not accessible on the Ipaq. Your process has given me renewed vigor:-\.

IGO8... IS GREAT!

Edited by - JohnCougar on 28 janv. 2008 02:40:45
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2008 :  21:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@SidewinderFW: I used the ActiveSync connection for the internet access. I think, your AS does not allow 310 to go over.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  08:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar: How'd you go, did you manage to get POI working as I described?
Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  10:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, been busy and gone a while, but back now. Haven't had much of a chance to refine encoding HDTV files at 800x440 yet, but I might be making progress. Once I get a good playable sample, I'll try to upload it somewhere. No guarantees when I can get it working though.

Thanks for the registry tips on keeping your desktop shortcuts. I also modified the location of the Programs and Favorites folders to point to SDMMC so now those links also persist through a hard reset too!

HotKey also works and pushing the scroll wheel corresponds to button # 123. I used to combine this with a screen blanking program on my Mio C310x, but so far I haven't had much luck on the Ipaq.

I tried the screen.exe from C310auto, but it just pops up a window on my Ipaq that says something like 'powerstate = 812'. I also tried the toggle.exe program mentioned before. It seems to blank the screen fine, but I can never 'unblank' it unless I hit the power button to power off, then hit it again to power back on. Even with HotKey set, I can push the scroll wheel to start toggle.exe to blank the screen, but pushing the scroll wheel to run it again won't bring the screen back. Anyone have any ideas? When I try to run the screen off program that I used before on my Mio on the Ipaq, it acts the same as toggle.exe. HotKey.ini code:

HOTKEY
KeyCode = 123
Command = \SDMMC\Programs\Util\Toggle.exe
Disable = no

Also, I found that changing the following line in data.zip project_config/hp_sagan.ini file will let you see what iGo is doing during the 'travel companion' splash screen load.

[loading]
show_statustext=1

To someone that asked before, the exit button in the Oasis UI is in the main settings screen at the bottom (not GPS nav.exe settings). I can actually click the red X and quit out of Oasis and nav.exe now (my old defective unit used to reboot when I did that).

When it quits out, the taskbar will be missing, so you can just start taskbar.exe to get it back. You can get this from various other 'hack packs' like the C310Auto mentioned before, or a certain Mio unlock cab. I keep a shortcut to taskbar.exe on my desktop. I also keep a shortcut to os_starter.exe on the desktop as well. This starts the Oasis UI and loads nav.exe, along with any other necessary components. Thus, you can always start or quit the GPS application from the WinCE environment without any problems.

One issue that annoys me though is that every time I restart os_starter.exe, and then hit the navigation button to invoke nav.exe, some settings still aren't remembered. The date format reverts to default only after hitting the navigation button. The Oasis main screen still shows my preferred date setting, but as soon as hit the nav button, it reverts back to YYYY/MM/DD for the entire WinCE system. I can change it back, exit out, come back to Oasis, and my preferred MM/DD/YYYY setting remains until I hit the navigation button.

Also, the turn distance to overview zoom setting reverts back to default of 0.5mi and backlight settings for daytime and nighttime just seem to come up randomly.

Am I the only one that sees this? Does my replacement unit still have some bugs in it?

In other customization attemps, I've tried to get AvantGo working on the Ipaq like I did on the Mio C310x: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=74136
but I'm running into the issue some people reported originally in that thread. I think I'm missing some DLLs that the mio unlock cab installs for the Mio C310x, but I tried copying over those DLLs and still have the issue. Getting AvantGo to run on the Ipaq's screen would be quite nice.

Edited by - sprog on 29 janv. 2008 10:36:42
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  12:50:53  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That registry trick sounds neat, need to give it a try.

Yes I'm also losing various settings, wonder if there isn't a "read only" file somewhere.

I thought that launching os_starter took a long time but not much more really than nav.exe it seems. I can't seem to locate the red X in the Oasis UI? Right now I pull up the taskbar and kill os/nav with iTask, not very convenient.

Would be nice indeed to have a "scren off" button for use with OziCE.

@jaredr - thanks for the write-up on POIs, will give it a try. Any luck with CSV splitter ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  14:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jaredr, I'm still working on the file. No doubt that it will work though, thanks for the help. I had already setup a new POI folder, so I am following that setup plus your setup. A GREAT find! Thanks a bunch!

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  20:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to make the font larger under the WINCE interface?
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  21:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Use the smalltweak! http://tillanosoft.com/ce/stweak.html But disappears from \windows\stweak.cpl file after the first reset. :(

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 29 janv. 2008 21:14:41
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2008 :  21:34:39  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yesss! :) The "DoNothing.exe" an app that does nothing! Rename to CELancher.exe, and use this for the WinCE boot! :)
http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff/donothing.zip

Go to Top of Page

ronzul

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2008 :  03:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has had experience running a .NET compact framework version 2 application on this device?

On page 8, Artos's post does seem to imply that at least part of his .NET application does work, although not the SerialPort class.

Any feedback about this would be great!

Thanks
Ronny
Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2008 :  06:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

I thought that launching os_starter took a long time but not much more really than nav.exe it seems. I can't seem to locate the red X in the Oasis UI? Right now I pull up the taskbar and kill os/nav with iTask, not very convenient.

Yeah, os_starter doesn't really take too long to load. It's booting up after a hard reset that takes a while. Maybe it also seems to load faster now that nav.exe tells me what it's loading rather than just showing the progress bar that never seems to move... =)

Once you've edited sys.txt to show the exit button, it should show up in the main Oasis settings menu (NOT the GPS settings) at the bottom center.

How do you pull up taskbar in Oasis? Through the games menu? I've tried pulling it up by running CECMD from games, but when I go back to Oasis, Oasis insists on being on top, and I can't get to the taskbar anymore. With the red X to quit, and os_starter to restart, I'm pretty happy now though. I don't see any need to run other programs while Oasis is running as most things I'd need while using GPS seem to be there. The Oasis video player seems more 'optimized' for the Titan CPU, as my HD files so far play much more smoothly and with better colors than in TCPMP. The other app I tend to run a lot is OziCE, and you can't use it anyway when Oasis (err, technically nav.exe) is running.

quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Would be nice indeed to have a "scren off" button for use with OziCE.

Yeah, I got the "screen off" button working, but it would be nice now to get the "screen on" button working... =)
Go to Top of Page

MESHER

2 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2008 :  16:30:45  Show Profile  Visit MESHER's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@ronzul - I've tried running a .CF2 solution on the device, it works (not sure wich classes are supported and not yet), I'm using NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab, and after installing that it appears in the 'remove programs' and the 'hello world' application works.

But, after pressing reset, it won't recognize the application any more, it still has all the files (CF3.5) in the ResidentFlash area, it's still listed in 'remove programs', but the .exe files aren't recognized.

So the question is, Anyone knows if there's some kind of registry whipeout after reset?

I'm booting on a SD card with CELauncher.exe in root folder (which is CE version of Total Commander).

Senior Developer
CleverMedia AB
Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2008 :  22:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion: No luck with the CSV splitter...the only version I could find is in French.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  01:24:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see, sorry, don't use it myself so can't help, I was under the impression it created files usable with iGo 2006/v8.

@sprog - sorry, must have missed the explanation to add the exit button in Oasis, saw a reference in your post dated 01/12, is it just a matter of uncommenting an existing line in sys.txt? It seems it reboots? Not sure I see the point then over a reset?

@JohnCougar - tried your new "colors" on the road today, I'm keeping them, thanks ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  01:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jaredr, finally finished my POI worksheet. Converted as you instructed, but for some reason only a few are showing up. I've rechecked all the data, and the ones that aren't showing up are in the exact format as the ones that are. Not sure what is going on. Any suggestions?

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05