Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2009 :  00:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Olegus

That's another problem I have with Touchlock and latest build of IGO83. If i turn off Ipaq when IGO is running, next time I turn it on , Touchlock screen appears but it blinks rapidly(appear-disappear kind of blinking) and stays out of focus. Looks for me as it fights with IGO for having focus. This problem does not exist with older IGO versions. The only way out of this situation is to reset Ipaq.

I've turned TouchLock off by renameing ...Userapplications\touchlock.txt to touchlock.off and put the shortcut of TouchLock.exe into Windows\StartUp fldr. It stops "fighting" with iGo and works perfectly.

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo

Edited by - whlr on 30 juil. 2009 11:31:27
Go to Top of Page

jurajdrobec

3 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2009 :  06:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ALL,
I've got the strange problem with my iPaq310, it just keeps booting from device, instead of SD where bbO RC2 is, any ide to help?
thanks, JD

Edited by - jurajdrobec on 31 juil. 2009 06:38:51
Go to Top of Page

bschrib

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2009 :  15:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem; bbO RC2 wasn't writing the registry changes so my iPAQ was still trying to boot to the built-in software. I figured out that bbO looks to see if it wrote a line of change in the registry already and if it finds it it skips the rest of the registry updates. My problem was that I canceled the installation process the first time through. Anyways the solution I used was to go into engineering mode (Hold the Jog-wheel in and press and release the reset button but continue to hold the jog-wheel until you see a menu with 10+ options), then reset the registry (option 10) and then do the North American Map Update from HP which will set your unit back to a virgin state. From there you can reinstall bbO-RC2 and then upgrade to bbO-RC3. I have instructions on the previous page if you get lost. :)

quote:
Originally posted by jurajdrobec

Hi ALL,
I've got the strange problem with my iPaq310, it just keeps booting from device, instead of SD where bbO RC2 is, any ide to help?
thanks, JD

Go to Top of Page

jurajdrobec

3 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2009 :  17:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks bschrib, also thanks to bobkane, I made my iPqas virgin again and changed the SD, now it works like a new one :-)
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2009 :  03:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lilkiller

I would like my ipaq 310 to turn on when connected to external power and turn off when the external power is turned off. Is this possible? I read that it is a feature of the ipaq 310 to do so but mine does not seem to be doing it. I rebuilt the registry but still nothing. Is everyone else able to have their ipaq 310 wake on external power? Am I the only one? Thanks!

no your not the only one. it is just like Olegus was saying, it will turn itself on when the power is from the HP correct charger thing.
if the charge is not enough power, or doesnt have the "special" datalines tied, then the screen will not turn on when it goes to external power, AND it is also likly that the power being put in (even though it turns on the light) will not charge the unit EITHER.

That is what i discovered by using many different power sources, if it does turn on when plugged in (which i really dislike) then the power source thing, is HP "compatable". Every real HP power cord thing, made for it, turns it on and charged it.

Edited by - psycogeek on 02 août 2009 07:19:44
Go to Top of Page

ojejoe

Australia
67 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2009 :  23:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by bobkane

bbO RC3 GWEGDI.REG
Another bug in the wall

Hi bobkane: do you know, how to change the drag size back to normal, my font size is so big, another thing is this black background of the icons in cecmd, they are ok in windows explorer. The size of top menu bar in
cecmd is perfect, but windows explorer is half visible, do you know how to change it?
Thanks for the new version of bbO

Go to Top of Page

murf

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2009 :  05:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any experience with removing the HP GPS program? I want to be sure I don't brick my machine prior to loading some other programs in internal flash memory. Do I just delete the "Nav" folder or is there more to the process.

Also has anyone upgraded the system from CE5 to CE6 and is it a worthwhile change to make?

Has anyone modified bluetooth enough to pair it with the computer and read/write files between the two?

And, since I am asking tough questions, has anyone been able to use the USB port for more than just syncing with a pc (which doesn't work for me because I have a Mac)? I suppose drivers would be needed to attach an external keyboard.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Murf
Go to Top of Page

ojejoe

Australia
67 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2009 :  10:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Murf
Just hit the printer friendly wersion at the bottom of the page
and serch for ideas how to unlock IPAQ, there is bbO by bobkane,
very beautiful thing, you can try, you have to go through the posts to get some ideas, this forum is the treasure chest.
Go to Top of Page

murf

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2009 :  13:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ojejoe

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't bbO just add an unlocked interface to the ipaq? I messed with it a bit when bobkane first developed it some time ago. What I'm looking to do is remove the gps software and probably boot into total commander. Perhaps he also has a version where the bbO parts load to flash memory but the last time I worked from an sd card leaving ipaq's original software intact. So the unlocking is already done, I'm just nervous about removing the wrong bit of internal program. Hey, the Printer Friendly prompt is great! I can't tell you how many times I cussed at gpspassion when I tried hand printing these pages. And all the time the solution was staring me in the face! Thanks!

Murf

Edited by - murf on 05 août 2009 02:15:17
Go to Top of Page

ojejoe

Australia
67 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2009 :  16:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Murf
If your unit is unlocked, then you can access the registry,
just back it up and go to HKLM\init and put in Launch50 "explorer.exe"
Launch99 change from whatever is there to "" and Lounch97 change also to
"", don't delete this keys, in case you'll need them later, just clear them thats all an ipaq will start in windows ce.
You can use the latest registry file GWEGDI.REG from bbO_3 (make sure it's the latest post, not the one from bbO itself , it's got some bugs) to change sizes of fonts, menus and pop-up menus, be sure to back everything up before you do anything.
I posted something a while ago about this so look for it, I've done it myself long time ago.

Edited by - ojejoe on 05 août 2009 16:15:11
Go to Top of Page

murf

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2009 :  04:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ojejoe!

Sometime in the next week the change will take place. Why do it? No real reason except for how poor the original gps program was and, more importantly, no updates for it. I have been using an 8 gig sd card so I certainly don't need the space. Guess I just like to 'play'.

murf
Go to Top of Page

ponce

28 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2009 :  03:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi!
I m Ponce from BRazil.
I just want to instal MIOPOCKET . I already have miomap, igo, uncloked..(i used in my mio gps)...I copied MIOAUTORUN and MEDIA folder to the SD CARD..but my HP IPAQ 310 does not READ IT...can anybody help me? I dont want to change any registry etc...thanks,
Ponce
Go to Top of Page

c12402

6 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2009 :  21:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did install quite well MIOPocket unlocker with very good results. IGO V8.3 is also running and now is possible to use bluetooth.

See post on http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303&whichpage=72 and also the initial thread.

Recommended

Go to Top of Page

c12402

6 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2009 :  23:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponce

hi!
I m Ponce from BRazil.
I just want to instal MIOPOCKET . I already have miomap, igo, uncloked..(i used in my mio gps)...I copied MIOAUTORUN and MEDIA folder to the SD CARD..but my HP IPAQ 310 does not READ IT...can anybody help me? I dont want to change any registry etc...thanks,
Ponce

Ponce,

Read carefully the installations instructions than comes in the readme.html, it WORKS... I explained in short in http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303&whichpage=72

Go to Top of Page

c12402

6 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2009 :  23:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by murf

Does anyone have any experience with removing the HP GPS program? I want to be sure I don't brick my machine prior to loading some other programs in internal flash memory. Do I just delete the "Nav" folder or is there more to the process.

Also has anyone upgraded the system from CE5 to CE6 and is it a worthwhile change to make?

Has anyone modified bluetooth enough to pair it with the computer and read/write files between the two?

And, since I am asking tough questions, has anyone been able to use the USB port for more than just syncing with a pc (which doesn't work for me because I have a Mac)? I suppose drivers would be needed to attach an external keyboard.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Murf

Murf,

It's not needed to remove HP SW, just with a 2-4GB SD card you can do whatever you want. I have MIOPocket and IGO8.3 running well just folowing the instructions of the forum.

Recommended, no problem.

Apart from the SD method, it's also possible to reflash the ipaq and restore it again to factory settings. It's necessary to download the latest HP version SW for the specific IPAQ 31X to do it but this is just if you want to have more risk and more fun...

Regards

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05