Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2245

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

klingklang

40 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  19:23:25  Show Profile  Visit klingklang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
since we cant sent PM or email in this forum, you can PM in some other forum not allowed here. google my username and "IPaq 310" to find me and PM me there. Mine is always crashing when hitting the "heading" button. thanks.

Anything about the backlight?

HP310: HP support: hello? hello? anybody home?
Magellan 4250: a mistake
Invion 4V106: still my best
Go to Top of Page

vectranos

17 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  12:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Anyone that will write the right settings for Navigon 7.4.0?
It work on ipaq with some settings for 800x480 that i find on forum.xda-developers.com but i still have zoom problem.
I try also 7.4.1 ( the latest ..but it not running :( on ipaq ).
You can have program easy if you search google: Navigon MobileNavigator MN7.4.0 [ Update MN7.4.1 ] 27.05.09

Thank you
Nicos
Go to Top of Page

someb

6 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2009 :  12:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have a not working Ipaq 314. Is it possible to change it into a PDA. I mean can Windows Mobile 5 or 6.1 be installed on it and how can I do that.

I ve seainhed for info on this forum but i couldn't find it. If i didnt search properly i am sorry about that.

Thx in advance for helping.

Someb
Go to Top of Page

someb

6 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2009 :  15:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I installed bbO on my 314. During the installations i got some warnings (dont know what they were called). Win CE was running thought. The programs were not installed and bleutooth didnt work and i didnt had the screen of bbo and i couldnt find utillities.
I tried upgrade It work well untill the program told me that it would restart the 314. Now it hangs at HP invent. I can see the drive (ipaq and SD).

I tried this:
[red]celauncher didn't help because the hangup occurred before the sdcard was loaded or the usb driver activated.

But I found the solution here:
http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/PDAforum_posts.asp?TID=107316&PN=1&TPN=2

with a little help from Thai collegues, the registry was reset to factory default using the scrollwheel and reset button.

Warning before you read on: you could accidentally erase the rom if not taking extreme care.

This ipaq series has an engineering mode,
to enter, press and hold the scrollwheel and trigger a reset.
After about 3 sec the software update menu appears, keep on holding the scrollwheel, several seconds later you are in the engineering mode. Release the scrollwheel.

By scrolling up and down you can select the menu items. Please notice that the scrollwheel isn't very exact, the selection may jump between the menu items on the slightest turn.

My solution was menu item 10.

But next to it (11) is the most dangerous command. The user in the above link wanted to execute 10, but while pressing the wheel, it jumped to 11.

If you are not sure, select cancel and let the service do the change[red]
Dint help
Somebody knows an answer?

Thx in advance

Someb
Go to Top of Page

someb

6 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2009 :  09:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

I have solved the hanging problem. I upgrade the 314 with sp39114.exe downloaded from the hp site. The original upgraded program is installed again and working.
Still i would like to change the PNA into a PDA. I am afraid to use bbO again. Is there another way to make it work.

Thx
Go to Top of Page

someb

6 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2009 :  10:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Romero

Hi Folks, I have the following problem with my iPaq 314:
After device resumed, display is terrible black, nothing can see, but device is working. Also some settings couldn't be saved.
I've found the reason - registry has empty hive HKCU - and I can't add anything there :(
I tryed different RegEditors, MortScript and hard reset - but nothing helped.
I can't connect via ActiveSync cause required settings should be saved in this hive. So I can connect only through Mass_Storage_class.
Can anyone help me?

Hi Try sp39114 from the hp site and run the upgrade. I got it woring again, although all the installed data will be removed. You have a clean version of the original software.

Grz
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2009 :  21:40:19  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bitblaster, Osprey just integrated EuroKeyboard into Miopocket, but he was unable to integrate your version, optimised for 800x480 screen. could you try to help him? see what's wrong?

Moreover, i would like to improve your skin, adding ù, ï, à.. and so on (for french)... but i don't understand anything in the text file.... is there a documentation to explain this and help me to improve your skin?

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR

Edited by - gandalf_barbones on 05 juin 2009 22:22:27
Go to Top of Page

arik

25 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2009 :  22:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The memory fix in system settings,.. by moving the slider to the right... always moves back to the left (to a lower setting then it 1st was at) when I open iGo8. It fixes the problems in other memory problems talked about in other programs and stays where I set it, unless I open iGo8... iGo must be moving it on its own somehow. Does anyone know how to get it to stay permanently, through a reg hack or something? or have any ideas how to make iGo8 stop doing it?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

iPaq 310: bbO RC, iGo8
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2009 :  12:15:52  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just wrote a "how to intall MioPocket on HP ipaq 310/314":
it's there
http://gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303&whichpage=18

Go to Top of Page

murf

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2009 :  02:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gandalf_barbones

Just wanted to let you know that it is no longer necessary to alter the transcriber driver subroutine listed in #3. It was updated 2 or 3 versions ago so it now correctly works with the ipaq 31X. If you haven't already, copy your info into the HP iPaq 310 Customization Wiki at http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/rdiff/Ipaq310/MioPocket. It was originally written by me, altered/added to and uploaded by Sanchomuzax, and lastly altered/added to by Spector. You should get your additions listed also.

I have been running iGo 8.3.2 on my sd card because it came with new maps. Once I am totally convinced that it works right I will replace the hp gps program on the internal flash. The new maps fix a lot of problems with the old ones.

For anyone new to this forum the above address links you to a page which details the installation of several programs on our machines.

Murf
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2009 :  13:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To anyone interested,
Here's my adaptation of EuroKeyboard: EuroKeyboardMP.zip

It includes all of the special characters of EuroKeyboard's original layout, but is sized to 390x120, which, like BitBlaster's modified release, ought to automatically quadruple in size to 780x240 on your 800x480 iPaqs. It'd be nice to hear confirmation that my layout does enlarge to that size, since I don't have an 800x480 device, myself. I intend to include this in the next release of MioPocket, so some simple confirmation that it works on your devices and sizes up correctly would be appreciated. Thanks.

FYI, if you just want to try it out with your existing EuroKeyboad, you need just copy Kbd.txt to the folder and then choose it via EuroKeyboard's "Mod" key.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 11 juin 2009 01:03:26
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2009 :  15:31:13  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
Hi osprey
wow, great! seams you did exactly what i did want to do. i want to test, but i already have original eurokeyboard installed (coming with miopocket R48) + bitblaster version installed and running (in another folder).

i wonder how winCE knows which one to use... maybe the bitblaster's version is used just because this is the last i installed

how should i process to test yours? can i just replace lat.txt content of bitblaster's install with the content of your kbd.txt or should i uninstall completely (how to be sure?) the 2 versions and then install yours?

Edited by - gandalf_barbones on 10 juin 2009 15:36:41
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2009 :  21:25:51  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
osprey
i just coppied your kbd.txt file into my existing eurobbd directory, and it seems to work perfectly! great job! thx a lot!

i 'll tell you if i discover any issue later

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2009 :  01:08:56  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gandalf_barbones,
Thanks for the confirmation.
BTW, when you input a special character (by holding down a key and selecting one from the pop-up window), does the app that you're working on lose focus, too? It's the one really disappointing thing about EuroKeyboard. I can adjust to not having a usable Shift or Caps key (like the default WinCE keyboard has), but the losing focus when you do input a capital letter (or any special character) makes typing frustrating with EuroKeyboard. You've noticed the same thing, right?

FYI, I re-uploaded with a fix for a crash "bug" when selecting a cyrillic character.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 11 juin 2009 04:39:26
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2009 :  08:33:43  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, i have the "losing focus" problem too.... i was just connecting internet to tell you about this.

Edited by - gandalf_barbones on 11 juin 2009 08:34:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05