Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2009 :  00:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed MioPocket on iPAQ 312 and I am in love it is so much better then HP Oasis. The only problem is when I take the SD card out and boot although MioPocket is running the HP Oasis runs on top and I close HP Oasis the device boots up again instead of going to MioPocket.

Has anyone else has this problem? If so, what is the solution?

Is there a way to remove HP Oasis forever and only install MioPocket?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

alkuren

Russia
15 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2009 :  14:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobkane

bbO RC1 is out!

http://rapidshare.com/files/215511331/bbO-RC1.rar

new on this release....

Dear Bob.
At first, Thankx for great job.
I very like your bbo.
I have some experience with scripting for Mortscript and Ipaq316.
Thus I have some minor and not too small issues about bbo.
Is it possible to write you more detailed technical mail with some suggestions about localization( there are problems with russification for example), launching some scripts etc...
Best regadrs, Alexey, Moscow
P.S.I use RC1+fix

Alexey on IPAQ 316
Go to Top of Page

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2009 :  15:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raven2000

I installed MioPocket on iPAQ 312 and I am in love it is so much better then HP Oasis. The only problem is when I take the SD card out and boot although MioPocket is running the HP Oasis runs on top and I close HP Oasis the device boots up again instead of going to MioPocket.

Has anyone else has this problem? If so, what is the solution?

Is there a way to remove HP Oasis forever and only install MioPocket?

Thanks!

Yes,you can.Navigate to ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS and just rename OS to hpOS,for example,or move OS folder out of your device. That's all.

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2009 :  20:51:30  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alkuren
Dear Bob.
I very like your bbo.
Is it possible to write you more detailed technical mail with some suggestions about localization( there are problems with russification for example), launching some scripts etc...
P.S.I use RC1+fix

In the next and final bbO release I will add a directory map and some tech info.

the language definitions are stored into <language>/mscr files located on: (..)\bbO\Setup\Languages where:
bbOMainPage_1X = 27 -> x label position
bbOMainPage_1 = "navigation" -> label

(actually bbO "speaks" english, italian and french... If u want/can translate in russian... u will be welcome! and I will add it into next release)

in (..)\Setup\Master into the files "_page_<n1>_<n2>.mscr" are stored user choiches where <n1> = section reference (1=navigation, 2=office, 3=utils, 4=mmedia, 6=phone, 7=games, 8=internet) and <n2> the page (1= main page, 2=extended)

in (..)\Setup\Run are stored the procedure to create the .mscr files used to run an application. These .mscr files are saved into (..)\bbO\Run (example: MMC_01.mscr -> multimedia section, button #1)

BK

Go to Top of Page

stewlewis

5 Posts

Posted - 21 avr. 2009 :  22:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone got a Cowon P5? Or the SW at least.
800x480, WinCE5. And a nice looking shell.

I Wonder how much of that will run on our 31X's
http://product.cowon.com/product/NAVIKIT/product_page_1.php

Maybe not. Cowon is MIPS not ARM.
Shame, my D2 is lovely.

Edited by - stewlewis on 21 avr. 2009 23:11:22
Go to Top of Page

modellbobby

3 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2009 :  08:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLEASE!

Hi, whats about the CPM Test Problem and only 300mhz, when on external power supply? is this still a problem?
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2009 :  10:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by modellbobby

PLEASE!

Hi, whats about the CPM Test Problem and only 300mhz, when on external power supply? is this still a problem?

I cant find any way to fix that, and basically they were sorta right to do that. when it is connected to the big computers USB there really isnt enough power for the max power load the HP could require, so they limited it when connected that way to (sorta) stay in "spec", so they dont burn out a USB port.
and beings i HAVE burned out USB ports on cheap USB boards from devices that tried to get more than 500ma , it sounds like a good thing.
unfortunatly it also does it when on other sources of external power too, when there is ample avilable power :-(
the HP can actually consume 600+ma with things all on and cranked up high.

i Have tricked it a few time, and got it running on 600mhz, on external.
first remember that the CPU scales by default, if 600mhz is not Needed, then it wont be there anyways, so to TEST you need a high load on the cpu, that will kick up the scaling.
well i kicked up the scaling with a program that was running and using a lot of cpu, THEN connected the external, and it stayed at 600mhz.
weird, some crasy stuff they told it to do, that doesnt always meet the mark for working as a person would want.

my solution was to actually put more internal battery on the back, by rideing off the internal battery with a big fat 5000ma li-poly cell, because i was going to do that anyways, i didnt bother after that.
it doesnt DIE without the last 300mhz, it still works just fine, but you can certannly tell there are some things that are slower until it gets to the 600mhz.

i Believe (which doesnt make it so) , that it can be fixed via the registry, and i also believe that the way the power switch works (long press to turn off) is also defined in the registry. but i fixed those already via other work-arounds. for the power switch, i just dremmeled off part of the switch, so it doesnt turn on so easily anymore, with the altered plastic switch button, mine wont ever be turning on in my pocket :-)
If somone started going vicious on hacking the registry, i bet they could change those behaviours, it doesnt seem like they are defined by HP running programs, just the normal OS driver things themselves, and registry settings.
Inside the registry i saw many definitions for the "low" power settings, and definition for a secret mode (whatever that is) , these power settings define the cpu/memory stepping , and can probably work different based on external vrses internal , as that is the only thing the OS knows, if the power is external or internal.

Steppings of the cpu and multiplyers of the cpu and memory are those cryptic hex numbers , like you see on other CPU hacking stuff. i would bet a brain like the guys who make CPUID and CPUZ and CLOCKGEN and other cpu control programs would understand that type of code, not me :-(.

also i saw what looked suspiciously like a power switch behaviour setting in the registry, it could be the delay for the power switch turn-off time, i think it is reversed from how it should be, that the delay was supposed to define the turn-on not the turn off.

Edited by - psycogeek on 22 avr. 2009 13:16:31
Go to Top of Page

modellbobby

3 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2009 :  12:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the quick reply. Sounds interesting. Could someone please make these CPU Scaling a little bit clearer? Perhaps we can install a CPU Tool to force the ipaq on 600mhz.

can we test it with video playback on battery power and external power. This must be enough workload for the cpu
Go to Top of Page

alkuren

Russia
15 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2009 :  16:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobkane

quote:
Originally posted by alkuren
Dear Bob.
I very like your bbo.
P.S.I use RC1+fix

In the next and final bbO release I will add a directory map and some tech info.

the language definitions are stored into <language>/mscr files located on: (..)\bbO\Setup\Languages where:
bbOMainPage_1X = 27 -> x label position
bbOMainPage_1 = "navigation" -> label

(actually bbO "speaks" english, italian and french... If u want/can translate in russian... u will be welcome! and I will add it into next release)

in (..)\Setup\Master into the files "_page_<n1>_<n2>.mscr" are stored user choiches where <n1> = section reference (1=navigation, 2=office, 3=utils, 4=mmedia, 6=phone, 7=games, 8=internet) and <n2> the page (1= main page, 2=extended)

in (..)\Setup\Run are stored the procedure to create the .mscr files used to run an application. These .mscr files are saved into (..)\bbO\Run (example: MMC_01.mscr -> multimedia section, button #1)

BK

Hello, Bob.
Thanks for the answer.
1.I really did russian translation. Problem is in converting ANSI-1251 pages to Unicode by bbosetup and language files generator. When I created language script or define new button via bbosetup I can't get right russian letters on the screen.
When I edit pages files directly( on PC or by Eurokeyboard and pnotepad) I get right letters( in unicode format, as I understand). After bbosetup letters become win-1252 style not win-1251. ( I can send you screenshots)
So I cannot really use bbosetup and languege changer for russian.
And I have my copy for all pages to restore if needed.
2.I turned off exiting from BBO by double clicking and now I live exclusively under BBO, so I have some sugesstions:
a. I use quicklaunch for fast access to taskmanager and showdesktop utilities. It's enough for me to start and switch apps from bbo desktop.(Only one application - GarminXT becomes very slow after this, so I kill quicklaunch's before and restart after Garmin.)
b. If application (for example cecmd) is already running it's window doesn't appear after repeater launch from desktop. It can be fixed by something like this:
ErrorLevel("warn")
WND_NAME="Total Commander/CE"
APP_NAME="\ResidentFlash\iPaq\Programs\Utilities\CECmd\CECmd3.exe"

#Begin script
If (NOT WndExists(WND_NAME))
run(APP_NAME)
Else
Show(WND_NAME)
EndIf

May be it is usefull for all.
Best regards, Alexey

Alexey on IPAQ 316
Go to Top of Page

c_teaca

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 25 avr. 2009 :  11:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need 800x480 skins for Wolf NCU!!!!!!!!!!!!

MioPocket
Pros:
-Allot of app
-Nice
Cons:
-Not optimized for ipaq 310
-To many unuseful app
-Use mortscript (very slow response; Not good for me, maybe for someone that drive a bike)
-Require allot of time/days to setup properly
-Too many files, require allot of time to figure out how they work.

bbO
Pros:
Optimized for ipaq 310
Some application optimized for ipaq 310
Nice

Cons:
-Use mortscript (very slow response; Not good for me, maybe for someone that drive a bike)
-Still under development
-Too many files, require allot of time to figure out how they work in case you need to adjust something.

I think the best will be Wolf NCU and we need to focus on that one.
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78671
Go to Top of Page

c_teaca

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 25 avr. 2009 :  15:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what i achieved with WolfNCU since my last post

http://rapidshare.com/files/225584678/WolfNCU_Ipaq310.rar.html

Don't you guys think is the best dashboard? You can use only your finger and forget about stylus
Go to Top of Page

c_teaca

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 25 avr. 2009 :  16:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More skins:

http://www.wolfzone.co.kr/bbs/view.php?id=ncu_skin&page=13&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=130

http://www.wolfzone.co.kr/bbs/view.php?id=ncu_skin&page=5&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=232

http://www.wolfzone.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?id=ncu_skin&page=1&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&category=&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&keyword=&sn1=&divpage=1
Go to Top of Page

jakoeb

2 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2009 :  01:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by c_teaca

Don't you guys think is the best dashboard? You can use only your finger and forget about stylus

please reup

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

CyberD

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2009 :  01:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks,

This subject may have been discussed already, please forgive me if so is true. I searched the forums and found nothing conclusive about what i'm about to describe.

This week, after working well for 2 or 3 months, my 314 seems to have stopped charging the battery. I already tried both the wall and car chargers. The cable seems ok as it connects and transfers data from/to the pc. The orange led ligths, but never turns green, spent the whole day plugged. Its noticeable that its back doesn't get warm after plugged for some time. Booting windows ce, when unplugged shows the battery icon with an exclamation sign, and pops up a message informing critical battery level or something like that. When plugged, shows the charging icon. Clicking on it even after some time says the battery level is 0%. Booting the hp app when unplugged shows a message informing critical level and requesting to plug the charger, when charging shows the battery being charged icon but the battery is always gray.

The only unusual thing I did was follow a procedure to configure the backlight to always on with full brightness, but this procedure only involved configuration from the control panel, no hacks at all. I already reflashed it but things are the same. Does reflashing bring it to default condition?

What's weird is that even saying the level is critical, under windows ce is doesn't turn off. Seems like the battery is full but the device is not aware of that. I'll try to exhaust the battery playing around in CE, to see if things get sync'ed again.

Do you have any tips/experiences on this? I only use my 314 for sailplane navigation, and at home with Condor (sailplane simulator), so I'm not very familiar with its tricks.

Thank you very much.
Tales Maschio - CyberD - from Brazil
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2009 :  01:40:24  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by c_teaca

or maybe try megaupload.

Found version 3.2d and use the silver metal skin you show in the picture. Still most of the text is not in english and it gets an error. [GUAGE-SPEED] command of motion is unknown code. Do you get that error too?

VERSION 3.2d can be downloaded here: http://woohaeng.springnote.com/pages/2899766

Edited by - specter on 26 avr. 2009 01:41:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05