Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2009 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whlr

quote:
Originally posted by gandalf_barbones

quote:
Originally posted by artlov

I'm afraid HP Nav requires running Oasis for work.

for sure no, I can lauch it easily from Miopocket.
What is the difference with BBO?

The difference is next:with the MioPocket the native OS dir. is still presents and works together with native Nav,while under bbO the native OS is renamed to hpOS and another OS dir.is created. Actually,in such a case "renameing" is equal "deleteing" at all.
That's what the native Nav doesn't works under the bbO.

It's true.
But, if u want, u can join the two dirs copying the hpOS into the OS
and try if nav.exe works or not

Go to Top of Page

striimer

26 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2009 :  13:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

You may have noticed that the iPaq31x does not charge properly on standard USB charger or from backup batteries.
This is because USD data lines must be at a certain voltage for the iPaq to enable fast charging mode...

Hi. Started develope my own travel charger, bought cheap 4 x AA batterys box and 3000 mAh 1,2 nimh batterys. Yes that's true as barbudor described iPaq31x does not charge properly, but once again i found that you not need build any resistor version charge adapter. Ipaq charges well also without any data line connected. I find this surprisly, used for charging Ipaq own charger and alternatively HTC pda charger, both charges ipaq well. Opened older HTC charger to find out how big resistors it's using in output. Big was my surprise, there was only 2 wire cable and no any resistors in output.
Okay, expected that maybe charging line resistors are integrated in the other end of cable, inside mini usb connector. Big was my surprise, when ohmmeter not find any resistance, but HTC charger recharges ipaq battery as well as it's own. Started compare pinouts and find that ipaq charges only if you have ground pins 4 and 5 connected inside mini usb connector (using 2 wire charging) or as original charger: output pin 5 ground, 4 not connected, 2,3 datalines, 1 pluss (using 4 wire charging).
For approving took my otg usb cable (pins 4 & 5 connected), yes everything works. During 1 hour my 4 x 1,2V 3000 mAh battery box was able charge the ipaq battery up to 50%, then voltage was dropped lower than 4 volts and ipaq did'nt charged anymore. When started fully charged 4 AA's gave out 5,3V, under load (ipaq connected) 5V.
Charging current (ipaq load) is approx. 1A. It's bit big, dropping too fast AA btterys voltage. For next i've try connect to the charging line current limiter, example based on 3 pin LM317 (LM318) microchip or also can be considered LM7805 or something else.
Nescessary is reduce fast voltage drop, i can wait for longer battery recharge. Maybe someone have even any good idea use somekind charging chip, using charging pulse rate, instead constant current. This can also help a lot in efficency , reducing external batterys drop down.
So, i hope it was useable info for users. Once again, for ipaq battery charging you need only 2 wire charger, in mini usb connector grounded pins 4 & 5 (0V) and pin 1 +5V. No any resistors. Almost simple is buy from ebay otg cable. No any soldering, everything works.

Edited by - striimer on 12 avr. 2009 13:31:46
Go to Top of Page

ojejoe

Australia
67 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2009 :  16:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The difference is next:with the MioPocket the native OS dir. is still presents and works together with native Nav,while under bbO the native OS is renamed to hpOS and another OS dir.is created. Actually,in such a case "renameing" is equal "deleteing" at all.

I'm running Oasis together with bbO, I'm running bbO, without installing it. I downloaded mio simple unlock from here:
http://filefactory.com/file/af62a5c/n/SimpleC230Unlock_rar
More you can find here: http://www.freewebs.com/xtyler91/index.htm
From simple unlock I'm using only two files: autorun_ABC.exe and
autorun_ABC.scp. Open autorun_ABC.scp with notepad and edit it from:
Call "\Storage Card\Script\AUTOPATCHER.exe"
to:
Call "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\bbO\SystemInformation.exe"
Copy, just bbO and Programs folders, from whatever version of bbO release to: \ResidentFlash\IPAQ folder.
In ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS rename the file os_starter.exe to org_os_starter.exe, so you can revert back to original software, copy this two files from simple unlock: autorun_ABC.exe and autorun_ABC.scp to ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS and rename them to os_starter.exe and os_starter.scp.
After soft resetting your IPAQ, you can enjoy your new bbO skin.
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 13 avr. 2009 :  04:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by striimer

quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

You may have noticed that the iPaq31x does not charge properly on standard USB charger or from backup batteries.
Started develope my own travel charger, bought cheap 4 x AA batterys box and 3000 mAh 1,2 nimh batterys. Yes that's true as barbudor described iPaq31x does not charge properly, but once again i found that you not need build any resistor version charge adapter.
I have about 5 USB charging units, and only one of them will charge the HP WHILE it is also running. it is a 4xAA charger from e-bay i use NI-MH batts in it and it works fine. most of the other chargers Run the HP, but do not charge it while running.
most of them also are between 250-500ma of output.
Mabey some of it has to do with current?
As far as the light turning on (indicating charge) anytime the input is just over the votage of the internal battery, the light turns on indicating a charge, even if most of the things made for other USB devices wont charge it much.

Edited by - psycogeek on 13 avr. 2009 04:26:32
Go to Top of Page

juliocohen

1 Posts

Posted - 13 avr. 2009 :  13:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Bitblaster and others,

I wonder if someone could help me. I am using the Kikker iPAQ 31x skin and it works almost without flaws. But I have a problem while dialing to POIs. The POIS numbers for the Brazilian maps are stored in the (XX) NNNN-NNNN format, where the XX is the area code and the NNNN-NNNN is the number. But in order to dial the number correctly, we need to dial a "0" (zero) before the area code (so it will be 0XXNNNNNNNN). I tried to add the 0 before the vtmp at (run 'START_APPLICATION "hp_dial.exe" vtmp ) or even tweak the -dial +(CC)-NUM but nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Julio

quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

quote:
Originally posted by floepie
1) Anyways, I'd love to get the -autolaunch 1 argument to work properly. It does indeed turn on bluetooth (bluesoleil), however, it only brings me to the 'bluetooth manager' without actually connecting me to my bluetooth phone (I have only one paired device with the 310).

2)Also, is there any way to tie in the hp_dial app into igo8 in order to dial the POI's?

3)I'd also be interested in any skin mods you have used in conjunction with this little app. Thanks again!

1)Yes you're right, it has some problems in automatically pairing the default associated device, i should correct this bug in the next days.

2&3) Yes, there are some skin mods that allow you to start/stop bluetooth and call a phone number from igo. I've an old dimka skin so my skin mods are probably useless for you, however these are the basic steps i made:

-first, copy the hp_bt files in the igo folder
-hp_bt (with its default configuration) creates a file (bluetooth_power.ini) in your igo folder (you have to set it in hp_bt.ini). This file by default contains an igo8 variable declaration (vBTStatus) containing the current bluetooth status (1=BT on, 2= BT off).

-you can import this file in your igo skin by writing (for example in
\ui_igo8\400_240\ui\scripts_400_240.ui, right after </header>):
import "bluetooth_power.ini"
In this way all your .ui files can now use the vBTStatus variable.

-Based on this variable you can set the BT icon status with lines like these:
runif vBTStatus 0 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 0'
  else_run 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 2'

-You can also intercept the BT icon pressing and powering on/off the BT accordingly:
runif vBTStatus 0 'vBTStatus.set 1, START_APPLICATION "hp_bt.exe" "-power 2"'
  else_run 'vBTStatus.set 0, START_APPLICATION "hp_bt.exe" "-power 3"'

runif vBTStatus 0 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 0'
  else_run 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 2'

-finally, you can call a poi number directly from igo8, just locate the right script (in my case sc_poicall in file \ui_igo8\common\ui\poi.ui) by replacing
other.phone.call vtmp
with
run 'START_APPLICATION "hp_dial.exe" vtmp'

where vtmp is the current poi number.

Bye!!

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 13 avr. 2009 :  20:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

hello all,

Is there someone who have successfully run cmd.exe (comming from microsoft powertoys dev tools) or pocketCmd ?

I have change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Console\OutputTo registry key to O.

I search a solution to have a console on the ipaq.

Help would be appreciate.

Thanks

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

striimer

26 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  01:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek
...it is a 4xAA charger from e-bay i use NI-MH batts in it and it works fine. most of the other chargers Run the HP, but do not charge it while running.
most of them also are between 250-500ma of output.
Mabey some of it has to do with current?
As far as the light turning on (indicating charge) anytime the input is just over the votage of the internal battery, the light turns on indicating a charge, even if most of the things made for other USB devices wont charge it much.

Hi all "ipaq's" !

Resolved psycogeek questions "why and how", if ipaq is on use, same time also charging. As i told in my last post, ipaq 31x not need mainly resistors in output for charging , but of course HP engineers
not putted them also without meaning... seems they "economize" some milliamps.
Some "laboratory tests from school physics". Tested in starting point 2 chargers, one of them 12v 1000mAh original ipaq car charger (ohmmeter also shows resitance between datalines as barbudor described about ipaq wall charger, "4-wire charger") and
the other 12v 1000mAh HTC pda charger (inside miniconnector pins 4 and 5 grounded, pins 2 and 3 not used, pin 1 +5v, as "2-wire charger"). Measured load from side of 12v input chain, while charging ipaq own charger shows current approx. 570-580 mAh at 12v, HTC charger loading was 660 mAh at 12v. In chargers output loading is between 900-950 mAh at 5v (current vary depend bit how
empty is ipaq battery).Mostly ipaq own charger loading was approx. 50 mAh less than HTC took, there is maybe influence of resistors, 4W vs 2W charger.
Thinked, if i'll reduce the charger output current, charging takes more time, but not drop my battery box voltage (my last post). Took out all my old mobile/pda adapters/chargers what found. Next tests.
Took old Nokia charger, output 170 mAh 6,5v. Connected power thru LM7805 simple 3 pin stabilizer microchip, output loading max. 1000 mAh, 5v. Ampermeter showed 170 mAh (all out from charger),
no any charging. Took lipo battery charger adapter, out 450 mAh 5v, no any ipaq charging. Took 600 mAh 12v universal adapter, connected thru LM7805, 5v out, still no charging. Took finally 9v 1000 mAh
mp3 player adapter,connected thru LM7805 and voila !! ipaq started charge. Measured loading, ampermeter indicated 950 mAh, LM7805 got very hot during seconds. I have'nt chance test 800 mAh 5v output
charger. Somebody can do it, who have. I think there is good chance also get charging work with 800-900 power adapter/charger. Charging works of course well with more powerful adapters like 1500 or 2000 mAh out...
All upper described tests are done with "2-wire" connection, using for ipaq connection usb otg cable (pins 4&5 conn).
Now to the psycogeek question, "led is up no charging". There is 2 issues. If you are using normal usb cable (pin 4 not connected) your ipaq never not charges (exept if you use original resistor output 4W type charger). Even if you connect your ipaq to pc, then power led will be illuminated "charging", really nothing happens, but example if you make your own sync cable connecting pins 4 and 5 ... what happens ?
If your pc usb bus not supply loading 1A, pc's usb bus damages, probably reason why HP not permit usb charging, because
most pc's usb are able supply out only 500-800 mAh 5v.
Second issue is charger output, HP's own is 1000 mAh and with meaning, close to 1 A ipaq loads his charger, i've
just tested it (ipaq switched on, "you are working", at the same time we charging the device). Less output charger just not giving enough power for working and charging. Psycogeek question about battery box.
In my last post i've described my 4 x AA battery box current loading, close to 1 amp. So, batterys output are not limited, they giving out this nescessary 1A, of course only 1 hour, them "drop dead". That's why psycogeek battery box was able recharge ipaq instead 250-500 mAh chargers.
I'm pretty sure that every DC adapter or charger (not difference pulse rate or constant current) or other 5v source will recharge your ipaq if there are fulfilled 2 terms:
- usb miniconnector pins 4 and 5 are connected
- 5v source have enough powerful output

Avoid drop down to level 4,5v. If your source give only 4,5v it's not anymore enough for working and charging. Ipaq just once again not charging...

Hope tests helping somebody. At least i proved to myself that 4 x AA battery box is not enough depending heavy 1A loading, after 1 hour serious batterys voltage drop down. I'm going now to next solution, will assambly 6 x AA's or 8 x AA's, connecting thru LM7805 ( must heatsinked) or using other 5v stabiliser. Higher tension will help avoid serious drop down also expanded battery pack influences for longer lasting.
Will post results, if succeeded.

Edited by - striimer on 14 avr. 2009 01:58:38
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  03:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
striimer
i believe lots of your 4XAA power limitations are due to the battery, that is why i was indicating using Ni-Mh Rechargables. alkaline batteries cannot keep up with a full 1amp load and the battery set will drop below the 4volts quickly. ni-mh rechargables will hold 4.8v and 4.4v respectivly through more of thier total capacity.
Before you have to go through so much work of upping the voltage, then re-regulating it, try a better battery :-)

if you up the voltage to 6x1.5v then include a 1.5v volt drop for the regulator you STILL have to get 1AMP of power from every battery in the set, and the alkalines will still choke putting that out. the alkalines cant put out the amps. 4 X C cells or 4xD Cells could, but not AA.

from bench tests inputs of 6v into the hp were still regulatable by the hp internally, voltages reaching over 7V were getting over the capability of it internally, i did not test beyond that, so i wouldnt kill it. so some voltage increase could probably be handled , when trying to get within the rage of voltages of a battery, and some would be to high. I am pretty sure using 2X3.6v li-poly type batteries with thier 8V high as the charge would ruin it.

Edited by - psycogeek on 14 avr. 2009 04:07:24
Go to Top of Page

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  12:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's true.
But, if u want, u can join the two dirs copying the hpOS into the OS
and try if nav.exe works or not

[/quote]
Exactly! I've tryed to copy the dir.itself with no success,then copied everything from hpOS to OS except System dir. Windows dir. and
os_starter.exe then start native Nav. It works.
Molto grazie!

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  13:36:57  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
greet news!

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR
Go to Top of Page

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  15:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ojejoe

quote:

I'm running Oasis together with bbO, I'm running bbO, without installing it. I downloaded mio simple unlock from here:
http://filefactory.com/file/af62a5c/n/SimpleC230Unlock_rar
More you can find here: http://www.freewebs.com/xtyler91/index.htm
From simple unlock I'm using only two files: autorun_ABC.exe and
autorun_ABC.scp. Open autorun_ABC.scp with notepad and edit it from:
Call "\Storage Card\Script\AUTOPATCHER.exe"
to:
Call "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\bbO\SystemInformation.exe"
Copy, just bbO and Programs folders, from whatever version of bbO release to: \ResidentFlash\IPAQ folder.
In ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS rename the file os_starter.exe to org_os_starter.exe, so you can revert back to original software, copy this two files from simple unlock: autorun_ABC.exe and autorun_ABC.scp to ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS and rename them to os_starter.exe and os_starter.scp.
After soft resetting your IPAQ, you can enjoy your new bbO skin.

Very impressive,worth to try.
Runing native Nav under bbO I mentioned,as appearance,works only if CElauncer.exe presents in SD root during soft-reset and bbO starts.Don't know why. Doesn't matter,it's just experiment,I don't use hp Nav at all.Only for the first start after hard-reset to make satellites "green". It's only reason.
Many thanks.

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo

Edited by - whlr on 14 avr. 2009 15:18:52
Go to Top of Page

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  15:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gandalf_barbones

greet news!

Not so great,just with one condition :( Look slightly above.

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo
Go to Top of Page

stewlewis

5 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  19:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding the power supply issues: Once in the car my 314 went into night mode as the headlights automatically came on. I've only seen it happen once, when going through a tunnel. Is this something to do with the wiring in the car adapter? Would it go into night mode on lack of GPS signal? (I've never seen it do it again).

Also, TomTom 7, runs but the map/display hangs after a minute or so, has this been worked out? Powersave/backlight issues? Susan still talks to me even after display has hung. Touching screen and back starts it up again.

Edited by - stewlewis on 14 avr. 2009 19:57:52
Go to Top of Page

whlr

Ukraine
17 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  23:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stewlewis

Regarding the power supply issues: Once in the car my 314 went into night mode as the headlights automatically came on. I've only seen it happen once, when going through a tunnel. Is this something to do with the wiring in the car adapter? Would it go into night mode on lack of GPS signal? (I've never seen it do it again).

Also, TomTom 7, runs but the map/display hangs after a minute or so, has this been worked out? Powersave/backlight issues? Susan still talks to me even after display has hung. Touching screen and back starts it up again.

It was not night mode, but tunnel mode. You should going through the same tunnel ones again keeping iPAQ in 3D mode and you'll see the same. It's issue of a database of a map,not power supply. If some dark places,like a tunnel,are marked in maps then screen turns to black in those places to prevent a driver from blinding. This is the feature of navigation program. Another feature is emulation of navigation in tunnels even without the GPS signal with speed just before a tunnel entry when the signal was lost.

iPAQ-316+whO+iGO+Primo
Go to Top of Page

ModemJunki

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2009 :  23:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by striimer
I'm pretty sure that every DC adapter or charger (not difference pulse rate or constant current) or other 5v source will recharge your ipaq if there are fulfilled 2 terms:
- usb miniconnector pins 4 and 5 are connected
- 5v source have enough powerful output

striimer, thank you for all of this research, it's very helpful and informative!

So, in sum, if you have a USB to mini-usb cable that will charge the iPaq from the OEM charger, and a high-output power source (1 amp minimum) you should be OK. I think most usb to mini usb cables that will work with a phone should do the job (e.g., if it will charge a Blackberry or Motorola phone, it should work to charge the iPaq).

Finding a 1-amp output adapter is a different story. I have a generic 12v to USB adapter that says "1 amp max" for the output, I will try it on the way home.

Interesting that the HP A/C adapter is physically identical to the Blackberry travel adapter (even the internationl travel plugs fit) but the BB adapter is only rated for 500mA.

If someone can find a source for good quality 1-amp 12v or A/C replacement adapters that don't cost a lot, please post here!

And for those who don't know or can't build their own battery pack, can anyone post external packs known to work? That would also be helpful!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05