Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2318

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

coldsilvernc

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  02:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks JohnCougar and Gpspassion, you guys are great! I bought the Navigon 2100 on BF and have been following you guys on the the ipaq 310 forums since I was interested in one. Just got my ipaq off of Ebay yesterday for $249 and must have gotten one out of a new batch because I haven't had any problems with lockups. Have updated off of Content Manager and the tts skipping is gone as well as the jerking routing display (it's smooth as butter now when navigating). I have done the carpool lane and volume mods with no problem and would like to do the speed display. I'm ok with modding the files (did several on the Navigon) but am nervous about adding lines.

Gpspassion, do you think you could make a completed mod file for the speed display and post it for everone?

Thanks again to everyone for their hard work and contributions.

Time to sell my Navigon, the ipaq is so much better even without free traffic.

TomTom 910 & 720 & 920T, Garmin 580 & 680. Now, Navigon 2100 w/traffic.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  03:13:58  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well there's really no risk in trying with a data.zip backup. I have the 314 so posting my updated file probably wouldn't be a great idea.

You could try an easier one, making the speed display become red if you are over the speed limit, provided the speed data is in the US maps of course. Replace the two lines after <layer ui_txt_speed z=110> (approx line 119) in navigatemap_800_480.ui by :

Linve 1:
<TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=533 y=427 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=28 color=#FFFFFF textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="!navigation.near_speed_limit">

Line 2:
<TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=605 y=432 z=10 w=45 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=22 color=#FFFFFF textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="!navigation.near_speed_limit">

Line 3:
<TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=533 y=415 z=10 w=60 align="RIGHT" text="0" FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="FtraBd__" fontsize=48 color=#FA0100 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.near_speed_limit">

Line 4:
<TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=605 y=432 z=10 w=45 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=22 color=#FA0100 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.near_speed_limit">

Does the carpool lane add anything to the map display or is just the navigation setting ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

coldsilvernc

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  04:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot. Just did the mods tonight and not had the chance to try the carpool settings. My brother just got back from Iraq and am going to see him this weekend so I will get a chance to try it out. I'll post results when we get back. I can say that the pedestrian mode seems to work well. When selected, the keep to road button is unchecked and cannot be selected.

TomTom 910 & 720 & 920T, Garmin 580 & 680. Now, Navigon 2100 w/traffic.
Go to Top of Page

anymal

23 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  05:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HWill someone please recommend an alternative MP3 player software for this device? I am not having any luck with TCPMP (it constantly fails) so I need something better than a built-in application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  07:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also want a MP3 player which could turn off the screen.
Go to Top of Page

snj1013

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  13:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar, I completed the volume mods but I can't really tell a difference. Susan still sounds like a drunk that needs a drink!!!!!

Edited by - snj1013 on 18 janv. 2008 14:56:00
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@snj1013, Susan has always sounded fine on my device. Not sure why this didn't work for your Ipaq. Others are having success with it. You may want to check to see if the file was zipped correctly...

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

snj1013

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  14:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar, I checked after making the change by opening the hp_sagan.ini file and the changes were there. I changed the volume settings only to 120 and now see others have gone higher. How high are you running them?
Go to Top of Page

Fil

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  17:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is pedestrian mode,speedlimit signs mode and what program are you guys/gals using to watch video on the ipaq 310 instead of TCPMP.
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  22:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion
"...We have one on the Euro version to add back the speedlimit signs that were removed for some reason, not sure the US TeleAtlas maps have them though..."
@GPSPassion, no luck on the speedlimit signs. I tried the changes today and didn't get any notifications. I guess the US version is missing the speedlimit data...

IGO8... IS GREAT!

Edited by - JohnCougar on 18 janv. 2008 23:00:45
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  22:57:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah that's too bad, oddly enough the TA 2005-2 of the Mio C310x had them if memory serves and then they took them out, I guess the quality wasn't good enough. Depending on how you coded it, you were going over the speedlimit ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  23:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, and I even tried in different areas. No luck...

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  23:17:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too bad, to put this question to bed you might want to do the "speed color" MOD.

Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2008 :  23:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll give it a try...

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

40th Floor

4 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2008 :  17:37:32  Show Profile  Visit 40th Floor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
noshellwhh: Posted - 01/18/2008 : 07:16:59
I also want a MP3 player which could turn off the screen.

Phantasm does this, at least my current version (i.e, the demo does not). Not too pretty though: While I can turn off the LCD and backlight, the only way to turn them back on is by toggling the power. It keeps on playing after the power toggle okay, but it's a bit awkward, but that's because turning it off takes a good, long hold. It does not do regular, CE power management very well.

The CPU running at 300 MHz on external power and 600 MHz on battery (i.e., backasswards) is also a problem.

40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iplay.40th.com - Advanced PPC audio player
phantasm.40th.com - The final destination
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05