Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

arik

25 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2009 :  19:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to using the iPaq 310... actually I have not bought it yet. I am hoping there is someone still out there who can give me some advice on buying it or not. I know the device is going to be discontinued soon, but with all that can be done in customizing it, I want to buy it.
I have a 4250 and a 3200 GPS, and I am able to upgrade the maps and POIs by changing some code on the GPS it self, and putting the new information on the SD card. Even though this GPS will not be supported much longer, is there a way to keep it update manually with out HPs support?
Also, what custom mods do you guys recommend me doing?
Is MioPocket enough to want to buy the 310?

If there is another GPS that you would recommend (that is still supported) that can do all that the 310 can do; can you give me a list in order of best to worst with the 310 in the list. I will compare prices and check them out.

Thank you in advance! I plan on ordering the 310 from HP tomorrow so any information would be helpful!

iPaq 310: bbO RC, iGo8
Go to Top of Page

striimer

26 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2009 :  20:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Does anybody can help or access to chinese server www.pudn.com Finding already couple of weeks Bluesoleil CE 2 version. Of course there is no warranty that this newer version will run on ipaq, but at least there is hope. I've tried older version for ppc2003, but got too much errors. At least bluesoleil.com present that them ce 2 version is for wice 5.0 In this chinese server must be evaluation version, but even this one is difficult get.
I do not want to became them vip member by 35$ in month, free download requires 5 programing helping documents upload. I don't have nothing to offer, i'm not programmer. Last wince 5 suitable bluesoleil here:
http://en.pudn.com/downloads103/sourcecode/windows/internet/detail425032_en.html
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2009 :  22:24:00  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right! Sorry.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  00:48:44  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bbO 1.5 is out!

http://rapidshare.com/files/208654305/bbO_1.5.rar

1) In this release is possible to add 17 programs/applications for each menu section:

a) select utilities
b) bbO Setup
c) Prg Setup
d) (for example) select Contacts
e) select the 3rd item from the list
f) click the button "JUMP?" at the bottom of the page
g) click "save"
h) confirm the "Do u want to set this item as link to a new page?"
i) close the Prg setup routine
(...)
a) Click again on Prg Setup
b) select again "Contacts"

If it's all right, u should see 23 items instead of the standard 6 of the old bbO version (and if 23 items are not enought, it's time to consider buying a PC )

#2) Internet explorer is working
#3) Windows mediaplayer has a bbO skin 800x480
#4) New volume control from bbO bar
#5) In bbO Setup, shortcut link to power manager, display setup... and usb mode selection

and more...

No registry reset needed

Let me know

(sorry no time to make screenshot...)

Edited by - bobkane on 13 mars 2009 09:58:53
Go to Top of Page

mire

France
43 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  01:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bobkrane.
I would not have the time to reinstall this week because of Wifi and scripts to launch BBO to change to copy the DLL in Windows in bbO.mscr.
May i can install it directly by hand file by file on the older ? What are the modified files has changed from version 1.1 ?
Have you changed the bbO.mscr? (I can paste mine ?)

------------------------
HP Ipaq 314 -Nav +BBo (Excellent) +Igo 8.3 in resident. The best GPS !
------------------------
Phone : HP Ipaq 614C -
------------------------
Slice toaster : Moulinex with new Rom 1.2347 (UK, for Tesco value bred) :)

Edited by - mire on 13 mars 2009 01:22:43
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  01:38:46  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If u added a lot of programs, is better u copy these file:

- all the SECTION_1_<n>.ini from ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Pages
- all the _SECTION_1_<n>.ini from ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Setup\Master

and, after the installation, copy your .INI one more time.
Then, from bbO setup, u need to rebuild the pages. To do it, edit at least one option for each section, save and exit...

About the bbO.mscr.... It's changed, not too much but is changed

In next release i will add a user section to load programs before bbO starts.
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  02:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded rar archive but I have 59 corrupted files in rar. Is it only my problem?

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

arik

25 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  02:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I try to extract it says says "Archive Header Broken". Doesn't work for me either...

iPaq 310: bbO RC, iGo8
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  08:12:36  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can confirm... quite a few files in the archive are corrupt.

Bobkane,

You can use winrar and do a TEST on the rar file and it will list all of the corrupt files.

Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  10:03:54  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bbO corrupted archive

quote:
Originally posted by Olegus

I downloaded rar archive but I have 59 corrupted files in rar. Is it only my problem?

I apologize for the problem.
I removed and replaced the archive

this the new link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/208654305/bbO_1.5.rar

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  10:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobkane

Does anybody knows where I can find the tcpmp manual or documentation?
I need to know how to build skin.

tnx

maybe this could help...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411466
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  14:24:39  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Another point with Miopocket over my Ipaq 314
when i launch the embeded navigation software (nav.exe), it's very difficult to go back to the Miopocket interface
- impossible to close application from nav software
- possible to clic the upper right corner to reduce the software, but the zone is very small and superposed with audio button... sometime, i can only get audio function but not reduce. Moreover, this reduce the application but don't close it. i have to go to task manager after to stop the application.
Is there any possibility to simplify and improve this?

Other point: how can i use the original complementary applications (especialy the 2 games...) with my Ipaq? can i launch them from Miopocket? what are the exe files?

thx

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  16:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Questions about eurokbd :
- is it possible to copy/paste with this keyboard (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V)? Long tap on C/V does show something like Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V but they don't work for me.
- is it possible to add a "hide" button to this kbd, which will hide the keyboard away?

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  17:07:48  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bobkane,

The upgrade went very smoothly. It also fixed the problem I was having with the SD Card. I can now boot up my ipaq without the SD Card and running programs works without the SD card. =)

VERY NICE

Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2009 :  18:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bbo update works as expected. A couple of comments:
1. Lost my contact page after update-you have to be careful to delete user data during updates.
2. App manager (where you add a program) recognizes only 32bit icons. Spend an hour researching how to convert icons to 32 bits.
3. Is it possible to use embedded icon as a default one?
4. Can you consider to add 'Minimize' feature to bbo? I know I can close it by tapping on 'bbo' logo, but then I have to start it back.
Otherwise, bbo shell works great! Good job, bobkane.And nice wmp skin too!

iPAQ 310

Edited by - Olegus on 13 mars 2009 18:02:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05