Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2009 :  04:23:10  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
possible bug in BBO 1.1

I moved igo8 from sdmmc to the resident flash. Under navigation it was pointing to sdmmc, then i changed it to resident flash. That worked fine, i thought. Now when I pull out the memory card, none of the buttons work. Now whenever I try to press a button to launch an application in BBO i get an error. If i press the button for VIDEO, it says: MMD 01.mscr in the title of the error box and the text of the box says: "cannot find 'MMD_01' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

I put the memory card back in and it works. Then i tried to rename the igo8 directory on the sdmmc to igo8x and it I would get the same errors again. for some reason it is still looking at the sdmmc/igo8 directory even though I don't have anything in BBO to look at that folder.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Go to Top of Page

310tx

28 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2009 :  08:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by specter

possible bug in BBO 1.1

I moved igo8 from sdmmc to the resident flash. Under navigation it was pointing to sdmmc, then i changed it to resident flash. That worked fine, i thought. Now when I pull out the memory card, none of the buttons work. Now whenever I try to press a button to launch an application in BBO i get an error. If i press the button for VIDEO, it says: MMD 01.mscr in the title of the error box and the text of the box says: "cannot find 'MMD_01' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

I put the memory card back in and it works. Then i tried to rename the igo8 directory on the sdmmc to igo8x and it I would get the same errors again. for some reason it is still looking at the sdmmc/igo8 directory even though I don't have anything in BBO to look at that folder.

Any ideas how to fix this?

If "soft" reset doesn't help,problem with registry. Must to do "hard" reset and reinsall BBO. Keep the "Igo8" in resident flash. I'm not sure why all pathes are pointing to SD. BBO installation directory is in the "resident flash".Did you change it manually during istall?
Did it work before w/o SD?
Wait for bobkane may be he knows how to fix it w/o "hard" reset.

Edited by - 310tx on 07 mars 2009 08:29:44
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  02:46:37  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a bug

look into the \Resident(..)\bbO\run if exists the file MMD_01.mscr

U can copy the .mscr from the bbo archive (.rar) directly into that dir.

The bugs has been fixed in the last release i'm working on.
The new bbO should be online in few days.
Go to Top of Page

georgesr

8 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  04:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it possible to load european maps on a 310?
I am traveling to Ireland soon and don't really want to buy another GPS.
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  07:54:24  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobkane
It's a bug

look into the \Resident(..)\bbO\run if exists the file MMD_01.mscr

U can copy the .mscr from the bbo archive (.rar) directly into that dir.

The bugs has been fixed in the last release i'm working on.
The new bbO should be online in few days.

The MMD_01.mscr file did exist. I tried replacing all of the files in the run directory with the one from the rar file. Rebooted and still get the error. So i tried copying the entire bbo folder from the rar file over the one in resident flash... still get the error. even tried renaming bbo to bbox and switching back to bbo.org to bbo. still get the error. could it be something in the registry?

Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  11:55:53  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No.
1) Copy the file \ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Setup\Master\_page_5_1.ini on your PC
2) Open with notepad
3) Look for section [1_1] (the 6th line from the beginning).
4) Section 1_1 should be like this:

[1_1]
btn=ico
lck=0
psx=669
psy=10
lbx=699
lby=120
lbl=video
ini=..\run\MMD_01.mscr
nrm=..\icons\mmd\video.ico
clk=..\icons\mmd\video_f2.ico
exc= \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\Programs\Multimedia\Media Player\PlayerCE5.exe
prm=?
bar=1
lnk=0
rwr=0

5) Make sure the sections INI,NRM,CLK begin with "..\" and, if not, modify the value

If u changed the file...
1) save it on the iPAQ in \ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Setup\Master
2) stop bbO clicking twice the bbO logo
3) run the file RebuildAllPages.mscr from the dir \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\bbO\Setup\Run
4) rerun bbO and let me know

Edited by - bobkane on 08 mars 2009 12:03:33
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  11:59:51  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by georgesr

is it possible to load european maps on a 310?
I am traveling to Ireland soon and don't really want to buy another GPS.

On my hp 314 I loaded the USA map with no problem.
U need the correct maps for your IGO version.
Go to Top of Page

striimer

26 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  18:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi !
Found funny pic from Ebay. Advertising carring case for Ipaq. My attention catched display interface on the advertisement.
I can expect that on picture Ipaq's lcd shows WM5 interface. For first thinked not our Ipaq, but seems it's 310/312/314/316/318.
Interesting where they got such pic with WM5, as far i know, before today nobody installed WM5 on Ipaq. Or they made "special
tuned" pic for better selling ...
There is pic link:
http://www.lee262online.hk/img/Product/PDA/hp/310/C_iPAQ310V103_b.jpg

Case seller site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Flip-Top-Leather-Case-for-HP-iPAQ-300-310-311-312-314_W0QQitemZ120376082498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDACases?hash=item120376082498&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  19:54:48  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobkane

No.
1) Copy the file \ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Setup\Master\_page_5_1.ini on your PC
2) Open with notepad
3) Look for section [1_1] (the 6th line from the beginning).
4) Section 1_1 should be like this:

[1_1]
btn=ico
lck=0
psx=669
psy=10
lbx=699
lby=120
lbl=video
ini=..\run\MMD_01.mscr
nrm=..\icons\mmd\video.ico
clk=..\icons\mmd\video_f2.ico
exc= \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\Programs\Multimedia\Media Player\PlayerCE5.exe
prm=?
bar=1
lnk=0
rwr=0

5) Make sure the sections INI,NRM,CLK begin with "..\" and, if not, modify the value

If u changed the file...
1) save it on the iPAQ in \ResidentFlash\iPaq\bbO\Setup\Master
2) stop bbO clicking twice the bbO logo
3) run the file RebuildAllPages.mscr from the dir \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\bbO\Setup\Run
4) rerun bbO and let me know

I checked the _page_5_1.ini in my resident flash and it did have the ../ so I didn't need to change it. I then ran the RebuildAllPages.mscr from resident flash. It rebuilt the pages but then when I tried to run anything with my flash card out, i got the error again.

I'll work on it some more later. I can copy all of bbo to flash and do a text search through all the files and look for sdmmc. maybe it will turn something up.

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2009 :  23:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by striimer

Hi !
Found funny pic from Ebay. Advertising carring case for Ipaq. My attention catched display interface on the advertisement.
I can expect that on picture Ipaq's lcd shows WM5 interface. For first thinked not our Ipaq, but seems it's 310/312/314/316/318.
Interesting where they got such pic with WM5, as far i know, before today nobody installed WM5 on Ipaq. Or they made "special
tuned" pic for better selling ...

Probably the magic carrying case instantly transforms our ipaq into a wm5 device
Seriously, I'm going to write to the seller to ask for more informations, thank you striimer!

Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2009 :  22:41:16  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek

quote:
Originally posted by gandalf_barbones

The most important is that the backligth of the screen switch off automaticaly after a few second without "clicing", this is a strong issue when i start the HP nav application (nav.exe),
make that adjustment in the Nav software itself, in SETTINGS | Visual | Backlight settings | at the bottom is a "power managment" change it so the backlight is ALWAYS ON, otherwise it only turns on when the software feels you need it, which as you can see is worthless.
And that is the SETTINGS in the NAV, not in Oasis, so its the first settings you see when leaving the MAP.

i did as you told me, and i put the 2 bars at maximum, but i still have the problem.
Any other idea?

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2009 :  23:21:03  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by striimer

Hi !
Found funny pic from Ebay.
There is pic link:
http://www.lee262online.hk/img/Product/PDA/hp/310/C_iPAQ310V103_b.jpg

Great! Cool! :-D

"Garmin Nüvi" as an iGO 8:
http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsanchoblogja.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F03%2Fpof.html&langpair=hu|en

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2009 :  01:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek

quote:

The most important is that the backligth of the screen switch off automaticaly after a few second without "clicing", this is a strong issue when i start the HP nav application (nav.exe),
make that adjustment in the Nav software itself, in SETTINGS | Visual | Backlight settings | at the bottom is a "power managment" change it so the backlight is ALWAYS ON, otherwise it only turns on when the software feels you need it, which as you can see is worthless.
And that is the SETTINGS in the NAV, not in Oasis, so its the first settings you see when leaving the MAP.

i did as you told me, and i put the 2 bars at maximum, but i still have the problem.
Any other idea?

that should do it for when your in the nav software, if that did not work, then get into the CE and adjust the power scheme settings, in the control pannel so the timing is set for longer.
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2009 :  09:55:56  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
even in the CE control panal, i removed all the timing ("never" switch off backlight)
In fact, that's the first thing i did.

But the result is still the same: in the nav software, the backlight switch off after a few seconds... i really don't understand what happen

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2009 :  13:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I edited my post - my memory is bad :)

gandalf_barbones:
1. Change Backlight properties in Control panel to 30 min or whatever is the max.
2. OPen Igo8\save\system.ini in editor and change

[power]
powermgm_state="0"
backlight_day="95"
backlight_night="95"

3. After that do not go to backlight menu in Igo

This is proven solution. Hope it helps.

iPAQ 310

Edited by - Olegus on 10 mars 2009 14:15:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05