Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2173

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

nFKT

27 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  01:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm reverting back to bbO v1, ran for me more stable than 1.1
Go to Top of Page

mire

France
43 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  02:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why ?

------------------------
HP Ipaq 314 -Nav +BBo (Excellent) +Igo 8.3 in resident. The best GPS !
------------------------
Phone : HP Ipaq 614C -
------------------------
Slice toaster : Moulinex with new Rom 1.2347 (UK, for Tesco value bred) :)
Go to Top of Page

nFKT

27 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  03:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in 1.1 the utilities menu does not function correctly, for one.

Also I feel dumb, its very easy to have bbO.mscr autostart touchlock

#Start TouchLock
Run("\ResidentFlash\TouchLock\TouchLock.exe")
Sleep(250)

or change it to your applicable path
Go to Top of Page

310tx

28 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  05:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek

quote:
Originally posted by 310tx

MAP FONT SIZE
..if its ONLY in 2d mode, they may have added scaling for both maps as seperate things, but at least you now have something you can search for, using "text containing" type of search. start with the Mapfontscale= .

Thaks. I found solution by changing/adding some lines in ini.file
from "DATA" zip. I don't think we are allowed to discuss it here,but I could provided it.
Looks good,no skins,all original.
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  05:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDIT: shift your shell folders over to the flash memory First, otherwise you will have to much trouble trying to get this one working. they toss stuff all over the place then the program freaks wnen it doesnt find it, be relocating all shell folders to solid flash memory, the stuff wont dissapear, and the program will be happier.

Solitare Game that works correct on HP:
I have (still) been researching games that run Full Screen full wide screen, and i checked out the touch HD forums (that thing is the same res)
and Finnally got ONE more measly game working.
Digital Smokes solitare city V3
http://ppc.solitairecity.com/
runs in FULL screen FUll Wide, and in landscape, stylus only needed, and it looks pretty good too. its not free.

download the cab and toss it on a sdcard.
run the cab installer with CECMD, which will ASK you where to put the program, the program makes AMPLE directories for itself, so dont put it down so far in folders, but surely put it on one of the flash memories somehow.

download THIS dll, that dic modified
http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/AYGSHELL.DLL put it in the same folder that the executable is in. (meaning that is the only file that did not come in the package that is needed for it to run on the hp)
I dont know whats with this DLL, but it worked with many games also, when the one in the pdamill games folder wouldnt, mabey that helps?

4-5 files got put into windows ram, put them BACK into the folder the executable is in.

run the programs executable.

you will get at least 3 hour demo out of it :-), look for more files in the windows program directory and mydocs, OR have shifted the SHELL FOLDERS like everyone has been saying.

saves go to mydocs, not that saving high scores is really that important with this.
------------------------------------------------

there are great resources for which games will run on the Touch HD 800x480, including VGA and Wvga, which is just fine too, so where is the hp3 people midlessly testing all these games so we know what works?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3068547&postcount=1
^ this is JUST the full screen high res ones.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Software_Games
this is thier FULL list, most of that stuff i aint about to go through 2 hours of bs to try and SEE if it will run, but there is a few gems in there.

Unlike the touch which is a FULL pda, we of course would need to go through one more process of discoviering its dependancies, and grabbing ram files before they are lost. but if everyone took ONE item, we might have 3 totally lame arcade games , that are no better than the ones in the game classic folder :-)

i almost got pocket fallout working, if only i knew anything :-(
http://www.pocketfallout.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=497.msg4473
it ran in FULL screen, but the screen was a bit dark, mabey it starts in the Mines, with the light off, and no flashlight, and :-)

Edited by - psycogeek on 04 avr. 2009 11:45:57
Go to Top of Page

nFKT

27 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  06:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its the touch hd thats 800x480
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  06:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nFKT

its the touch hd thats 800x480

ok, i feex that post.

Machines at war , has the Potential to run, it would be like remaking the whole interface though, its all XML defined scripting that set the placement of everything.
IT used the Same ayg dll (as above) and Ran in wonderfull high res, (you have to rename the high-res settings thing) but the button clicks are all landing in the wrong places :-(
as if its expecting a 640x400 screen about.
could be that VGAFIX3 might solve the problem as it would restrict it to the "standard" vga size.

Pocket conquest ran in high res, but buttons are tiny and it seems to need some assistance too, as the maps were tiled. i probably got the wrong version, if the game isnt a 3D render engine, then it must have high-res picture stuff/skin for it, or the version that includes the high-res pic stuff

anchient evil ran in high res, SIDEfrickingWAYS , after spending an hour getting its parts and pieces correct, it starts running, music playing, intro screens working, and its the wrong way, rotate, didnt help it any. could be Tricking the program into realising the hp is default landscape, instead of portrait would fix it.

Astroware BOOKWORM,the NEW version 2 "deluxe" runs in full screen full res landscape, and they have skins for full 480x800 wide,looks purdy. and works with stylus. i just got to find the right dlls, because i am getting "doubble buffereing" but the other buffer is blank, argg, other than that its "working" (the game plays, buttons hit the right spots) if you call being blasted in the face with a blank buffer working.

Edited by - psycogeek on 18 févr. 2009 09:01:14
Go to Top of Page

310tx

28 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  09:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

Download from here http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/eurokbd314.rar

Very nice. Working w/o problem. I'nt found any bugs so far.
Spasibo.

Edited by - 310tx on 17 févr. 2009 10:00:34
Go to Top of Page

johnniest

4 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  15:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my friends

I own Ipaq 310 and i was wondering if there is a solution to install on it Destinator 7.I am usinf the bye bye oasis and i have already iGo on it and its amazing!!!But here in Greece the maps of the Destinator are better...so is there a way to install it on my ipaq 310?If yes may i know how...?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

mire

France
43 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  17:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a short technical study on how the Ipaq 314, 310, 316... work in order to help those who don't know the unit yet.

On a standard PDA, memory is divided in two different parts :
*the rom, which cannot be accessed and contains the softwares to be executed. You can modify it only by flashing it totally.
*the ram in which the softwares are executed. In fact the rom copys once on launching Windows mobile and the applications inside. It is then possible to modify them and by performing a hard reset, everything is reinstalled.

Before Windows Mobile 5 (and CE 5), ram was volatile, that is its contents was erased once the unit was disconnected from its power supply or battery. Since the new Windows mobiles, the contents is preserved in case of power cut.

The Ipaq 314 doesn't work under Windows Mobile but Windows CE (which is its predecessor and changes through its destination). It has been conceived for professionals who develop OEM softwares and don't have certain functions such as the Today screen.

Its use is similar to that of Windows 95. The provided version on the 314 does not seem complete and just limited to « launch » the system. It is not destined to be used as such directly.

Besides the rom we mentioned previously, the random access memory of the Ipaq 314 (310) is divided in two different parts.

This restriction is due in my opinion to the size of the rom which cannot exceed 80 or 90 Mo. It is thus possible to write inside an operating system but not a navigation software with maps.

*a partition named «\ » in which one finds Windows CE 5 nearly complete. It is reinstalled by the rom during each reset in order to obtain a clean boot.

It is possible to modify its contents but this is of no use because all changes are erased at each boot. Where from file problems for instance for Opera mobile and the fact one must use the registry to change dynamically the location of DATA files (Desktop, progam files...)

Besides the launching system, all parts of the system and softwares have thus been written in another partition which doesn't change by rebooting :
It is ResidentFlash which resembles simply a SD card inserted in the unit. This section contains the applications menu, nav (navigation) and Bluetooth.

One can freely erase it and work it to customise the unit. Beware nevertheless to make a backup before of original data.

It seems to have about 1,9 Go of available space.

It is possible to find its contents on the HP site in the section « drivers ».

------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

Edited by - mire on 17 févr. 2009 18:00:06
Go to Top of Page

310tx

28 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  19:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mire

The Ipaq 314 doesn't work under Windows Mobile but Windows CE (which is its predecessor and changes through its destination).

So what are you saying WM can't be installed on Ipaq 3xx due a hardware/drivers limitation? But there are plenty phones (not PDAs)out there with less memory and slower/older processors are working under WM6.
Thanks.

Edited by - 310tx on 17 févr. 2009 19:57:02
Go to Top of Page

mire

France
43 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  21:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is certainly possible to install WM on 314/310, but it would have good drivers (can found in WinCe), a license WM and edit the full rom and reflash it.
It should already extract the original rom of Ipaq.
Then you can try to replace that of a Touch HD. But I can not guarantee the operation

Do not, this is an example!!

------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

Edited by - mire on 17 févr. 2009 21:57:03
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2009 :  14:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably most of you already knew this, but i discovered only today that opening the "PRINTER FRIENDLY" link at the bottom (also on top-right) of this page you can see the WHOLE thread (160+ pages), so you can save it to your local disk, do full-text-search and so on...
GREAT! :-D
Go to Top of Page

oakesy

1 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2009 :  14:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this has already appeared on this thread. I've just bought a 314 and would like to install Memory MAp with CAA UK flying Charts on, I've done a search and it has been mentioned although I can't find where it tells you how to do it. Also am I correct in thinking you can switch from road to air maps easily?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2009 :  14:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BitBlaster : Thanks for the keyboard, looks amazing! I noticed, it put .DAT file under \Windows\AppMgr where it will certainly disappear from after next reboot. Do I need this file at all?

bobkane: MioPocket redirects \Windows to some directory on SD in order to preserve stuff from being wiped out after reboot. Can we have same thing in BBO? Also, for your new "application manager"- what do you think about : 1.center app icon in the middle of the icon square. 2. for icons not specially made for BBO (without a grey background) fill in an icon background square by yourself(make it grey) ?

psycogeek: I tried a card game you found but it did not work. ExecutabilityCheck shows a lot of problems starting with gx.dll. Are you sure it's the right version (ver 3)? BTW, how can I uninstall it?

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05