Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2294

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

MSH314

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  17:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to install Mio Pocket as decribed in the instructions (although I must say that the instructions are somewhat unclear for the 31x !!), but for some reason my screen does not react on pressing on the screen. It seems to be locked or if the driver for it is not loaded or so. Does anybody have a clue what to do?
The only way to solve the problem is to go to the hard reset page and reload the registry ...

Please help !!

Regards, Menno.
Go to Top of Page

Scott Calkins

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2009 :  23:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MSH314 - go back to my post on page 156 - Scott Calkins - at top of page (I think). With our ipaq units you have to modify a file to prevent mio pocket from loading its own input routine - or something similar. My post tells which file and what modification to make. Once you get miopocket running you should start over and add the 800 X 480 skin mods offered by Sancho1234. Then hard reset again and reinstall the modified files. You will be impressed with mio pocket!.

Scott
Go to Top of Page

MSH314

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2009 :  17:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Calkins

MSH314 - go back to my post on page 156 - Scott Calkins - at top of page (I think). With our ipaq units you have to modify a file to prevent mio pocket from loading its own input routine - or something similar. My post tells which file and what modification to make. Once you get miopocket running you should start over and add the 800 X 480 skin mods offered by Sancho1234. Then hard reset again and reinstall the modified files. You will be impressed with mio pocket!.

Scott

Hello Scott, yes it worked !! I must have missed that specific posting. Great program !! I also included the startup of the iPAQ Travel Companion software. I even created an HP-icon for it !! Looks good !!

Regards, Menno.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1750 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2009 :  22:41:43  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

I have a problem using Mortscript : although .mscr and .mortrun have been properly registered in the registry, no *.mscr files are executed when I try to launch them from CECMD, Explorer or even from a LNK in the Startup folder.

If I try to register a .msc type the same way .mscr is registered (and rename my .msrc to .msc), then MortScript is executed but refuse the file as having the wrong extension.

It looks like my device don't want to execute files with an extension longer than 3 characters.

Any idea ?

thanks.

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  01:32:52  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
byebyeOasis is available

... and more!

You can download it from http://rapidshare.com/files/195754857/byebyeOasis.rar.html and test it now!

===============================================
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1) Unpack bbO.rar on a SD card (256 MB are enought)
2) Copy all the files from \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\Bluetooth (from your iPAQ 31x) into the SD BlueTooth directory.
3) Copy all the files from \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\Games (on your iPAQ 31x) into the SD \Programs\Games directory.
4) If you previously installed MioPocket, you MUST reset the registry to the original value via Engineering mode.
5) Insert the SD card, reset the iPAQ and... wait! :)
6) Remove the SD card

The installation program will NOT delete or overwrite the original directory on your iPAQ.
All original data will be copied into \ResidentFlash\hpOS.
If you like bbO, you can delete hpOS with no problems.

To uninstall bbO:
1) Insert a SD Card with CELauncher.exe, or use the SD card with bbO setup program.
2) Reset the registry to the original value via Engineering mode.
3) Delete these directories:
- \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\bbO
- \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS
- \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\Programs
4) Rename the \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\hpOS into \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS
5) Remove the SD card
6) Reset the system

SETUP
You can add, remove or edit up to six different navigation programs, six quick-dial phone numbers (yes, bluetooth is supported)

From "Utilities", select "bbO Setup", then one of the menu options.

Notes
You can close bbO with a double click on the bbO logo.
When you run a program, taskbar is hide. Click at the bottom of the screen to activate.
Large keybord is supported.

TO DO
- The "Contact" icon is not working. I'm testing different programs and I hope to select one asap.
- Actually only english language is available.
- About games... I'm still looking for games with 800x400 px. resolution.
- Bluetooth graphic interface is not still adapted to the bbO style (but bluetooth is working!)

Current version supported programs...
GAMES:
- Flux Challenge
- Gamebox Classic

INTERNET
- nPop
- Opera
- Explorer
- Power Toys (ping, ipaddress ecc...) via Shell

MULTIMEDIA
- Flash
- Media player (player5.exe)
- Windows Media player (I'm working on the graphic interface)

OFFICE:
- Calc98
- FileViewer
- Notepad
- Paint
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint

UTILITIES
- Mortscript, PHM Tools etc.. used by bbO
- PocketRAR

CE5 full added

Comments will be appreciated!

...and, one more time, sorry for my english!

Bob Kane

Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  05:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to install it and it works from the beginning. Very nice and clear interface, very good work.
The only concern is that the slots for apps are limited. It will be great to have multipage interface. By the way, how can I add another app to BBO? I added uBook manually to the Game page and it seems to work but it was a little cumbersome. Also, I noticed that selected keyboard (in Input Panel) does not survive soft reset. Is it a way to fix it?

Also, can you think of adding minibar from MioPocket? It is really VERY useful- you have access to a virtual keyboard no matter what app is running.

iPAQ 310

Edited by - Olegus on 09 févr. 2009 05:28:28
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  06:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

no *.mscr files are executed when I try to launch them from CECMD, Explorer or even from a LNK in the Startup folder.

the only thing i know is Mort Registers itself on the first run of itself, you click on its executable and it puts itself into the registry, and after that clickin on a .mscr runs it on MY HP-310 machine.
and WHERE does it register itself? did you make sure that the PATH it expects to find itself then exists? i assume when it registers , it sets the path to where the "class" item would find the executable, beings were working with stupid computers :-) ya gotta babysit everything they do :-)

so it "should" work with the longer extention, after all look at the .MPEG extention, and other 4's , they expect to work.
mabey its a minor spelling issue? with these crasy NEEDS , one must be sure they spelled the extention correct, and that some unrecognised charachter or mabey even spaces was not in the file name of the script, or mabey even in the Folder path.

using 1960's dos conventions for file and folder naming is always safer then assuming that winders 17 layers down in a folder called . . . Well like this Crap
C:\Documents and Settings\The Unknown User\Application Data\Identities\{6DAA93D7-EF3D-4627-AA66-F96DFFF00EFABCD}\Home For Unwed Mothers\WhyDidntTheyPutItInSystem32WithTheOther45000Files\OhBoyNowIAMLost\FileA.lop
What WERE they thinking, organisation?

but to not leave anything to "chance" and the registry items existing, most of my mort calls specifically have the script i want as the parmeter, just soo when the registry does not have mort in it, the item will still operate. it made my scripting messy but it insured that mortscripts would run even if the registry was totally reset.

ALSO , other things that can drive a person crasy . . .
a delay in one of the FLASH devices comming up, causes it to become a new named flash device like "Resident flash2" which looses your paths, this happens (sometimes) after a disconnect from the main computer, or insertion and removals of flash cards (sdmmc2), or when comming up out of standby. that is why they call it "cpu" and "computer" , not a BRAIN :-)

When connected TO the big computer, via "mass storage device" nether of the 2 flash cards are available in the CE system, they are only available on the big puter. only serially connected activesync connections leave the system intact while connected to the big puter.

and of course: after a soft reset, the registry is maintained, but the ram (winders folder) is cleared, so if something thought it was going to hang out in the "system" it gets tossed out , even though the registry will still be looking for it there, in the system.

mabey its one of those things?

Edited by - psycogeek on 15 févr. 2009 17:22:07
Go to Top of Page

dxben

3 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  11:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bobkane:

Everything is working perfectly!
Perfect job
Do you know howto start TouchLock into your shell automatically?
Go to Top of Page

bobschebaldi

14 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  12:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed byebyeoasis and its much better than the original. I can't get the HP version of igo to run. it appears to start but goes back to the desktop. Any ideas?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  15:30:42  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bbO - Q&A
First, thanks to those who had the courage :) to try BBO!

Actually bbO is a "half static" suite. What do I mean? For example, u can add/edit/delete navigation program or quick-dial number, but u can't do the same in the office section.

The first goal is to convert bbo into a full user "dynamic application", where every menu could be customized by user, as he/she likes.
For this reason I'm working now on the setup section but there are some limitations imposed by the software in use (Mortscript and Systeminformation) and by the software written for low resolutions
screen.

"Slots for apps are limited". This could be the solution:

But now a question... Who will add the applications? The user? Or applications will be included in the package (equal: "I will include":) )?
At least I will add the "next page" option to the setup menu.

About TouchLock: I haven't tested the application but u can try to add it when bbO starts.

U can edit the file \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\bbO\bbO.mscr adding a line like this:

If(not ProcExists("<your application>.exe"))
Run("<your application>.exe")
EndIf

before these lines:

If(not ProcExists("SystemInformation.exe"))
RunWait(bbOFolder\"SystemInformation.exe")
EndIf

...or u can gimme time to test it :)

About the HP version of iGO, as i wrote in my first post (see page 157 on this forum) I had the same problem and, at this moment, I haven't a solution (too focused to bbO software developemenmt).

I think the "back" button tryes to run (or look for) os_starter.

Conclusions...

I don't want to clone MioPocket.
I was looking for an application with few utilities, large icons :). easy to use driving, with , at least, an email reader and a browser to use in case of necessity (but nothing prevents it from growing, in the future)

bbO is it was I looking for? Maybe :)

Go to Top of Page

bobkane

Italy
59 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  15:50:29  Show Profile  Visit bobkane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Errata corrige about hp IGO...

I have installed byebyeoasis and its much better than the original. I can't get the HP version of igo to run. it appears to start but goes back to the desktop. Any ideas?
Thanks
bobschebaldi

hp IGO looks for parts of the menu used by os_starter.

So try this:
copy from \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\hpOS to ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS the directories:
COMMON
CONFIG

Change the line igoautostart=1 into igoautostart-0 into th file \ResidentFlash\iPAQ\OS\SYS.TX

Copy the file DATA.ZIP from hpOS to OS

If iGO doesn't start, copy all the files from hpOS to OS but NOT the os_starter.exe

On my system I only copied the DATA.ZIP, but a friend of mine did the same and iGO doesn't start until he copied all the file in hpOS
(the best shoul be make a test copying one by one the file and restarting application... I know, terrible job!)

Let me know if this solution works
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  18:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bobkane: Your multipage concept is exactly what I meant. I would expect a user to add applications. The ideal algorithm to manage applications may be something like that:
1. Quick add from the app screen.
- tap on an empty spot - dialog window appears
- enter app name, path, icon (if no icon is specified, it should be extracted from exe - if it is possible)
2. App manager
- special utility with all apps listed with a possibility to edit user app params or delete user app from a page. Some pages can be locked and do not allow editing.

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1750 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  20:45:29  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@psychogeek

EDIT : SOLVED

Stupid me.
The script I was running (opera.mscr) was using a bad path !!!
So it was executing but was doing what I was expecting.

Grrrrr!

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes Mortscript registred itself in the class tree :
.mscr -> MortScript
.mortrun -> MortScript
MortScript -> Shell -> Open --> Command -> "\ResidentFlash\ProgramFiles\mortscript\MortScript.exe" "%1"

If I add :
.msc -> MortScript
and rename myscript.mscr to myscript.msc
Double clicking on myscrip.msc calls MortScript but mortscript refuse because of the extension
Double clicking on myscript.mscr does nothing

As you suggested myfile.mpeg does run TCPMP

Any other idea ?

TIA

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102

Edited by - barbudor on 09 févr. 2009 20:51:52
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2009 :  21:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

@psychogeek
EDIT : SOLVED

cool, i didnt even think of that :-) i always said a script that does 2 things can be 2-5 lines long, BUT to have ALL the proper error checking and knowlege of what is wrong sent back to the user , the same 2 things is 100 lines long.
i really wish that they would all put in the 100lines, and toss out the cute pictures :-)
If %Error% ="user ticked now" goto DeleteEverything&Brick

Edited by - psycogeek on 09 févr. 2009 21:20:05
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2009 :  07:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know how to fix this

see how those icons there got big again.

ok so its a messy desktop :-) i was planning on putting in autohiding toolbars . . . in my dreams.

dang i hate when that happens, just when i got the screen design all finished, and now i can show the trail in FRONT of me , instead of everything on the 2 sides.

HP portrait mode:
i finnaly tested the one rotator that works for the hp, all but ignored. and it works pretty darn good, dont know how much value it has, but some ICONS in programs got bigger, like in the cecmd, and paint program and Tcpmp video program. <--- that could be because of the metrics change ALSO, the big ok/buttons hack above suddenly working.

the Game i almost had working, didnt change during the rotation, sooo i think/hope its something else the game sees in the hp registry.
none of the postage stamp games were "improved" by the rotation that i have seen so far.

http://kpr3712.npage.de/downloads_89312177.html
(rtfm)

OOPS, that dont work:
DONT try to run the Oasis/Nav stuff with it rotated, because of the way it works it doesnt work with windows rotations, and a whole different skin and scripting would be needed to use it with it.
the pocket sand program does not run under rotation, just like the NAV if it dont turn, then the screen touch doesnt land in the right place, and your back to a reset.
normal "windows" windows , shouldnt have a problem, cept for any overrun of the screen size.

Hmm, now what:
the rotation can also be scripted in mort, so potentially a rotation could be set to occur prior to the running of a program, and to rotate BACK after exiting that program.
Once the driver is installed, running the ROTLOCK.exe rotates the screen 90* then 270* then 0*.

Although he doesnt have whatever grafics thing is needed for speed, the programs that dont USE the wizz bang grafics dx stuff or whatever, dont change in speed, like the tcmp video player running rawframebuffer doesnt have a problem doing what it did before.

Not causing problems:
the mere existance of the driver installed itself,does not seem to negativly impact things (when not rotated) , so i would think a person could leave the driver on, without messing other things up.
like the nav program doesnt seem to stutter or fail doing its grafics any more than it did before. some items get bigger, that wouldnt get bigger with a sysfont change before, that messes up some menues and requesters, an adjustment of the sysfont stuff again might be nessisary, as if applying this without OTHER changes might be better ??

i was going to photoshop in a TODAY screen , just as a joke , but that would be mean.

Edited by - psycogeek on 11 févr. 2009 09:33:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05