Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  12:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordano

In general, no system fonts are visible.I need a way to somehow re enter the walue I deleted.

Reset the registry, that will default any and all registry changes made on the machine. its also a VERY dangerous move to have to make.

hold down the scroll Wheel, punch the RESET button on the side, HOLD the wheel (yawn) about 8 Seconds you get a b/w menu from which you can destroy your device completly :-)
select to reset the registry, the machine will reboot, and when it boots this time, it will clear the entire registry by replacing it with a default registry.

did i mention how dangerous it is :-) dont come back here saying you decided to try and flash the rom :-) just head on over to the trash. (just joking)

potentially you could copy that celauncher Kit i made put it on a stick (using a card reader) as per the directions, and it would also reset the fonts, as it boots into CE , that is a little less dangerous.

Edited by - psycogeek on 12 janv. 2009 12:56:42
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  14:34:57  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordano

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.When I tried to modify the first value I highlighted it but the keyboard was not present, so whe I went a step back ANY value disappeared from the first line thus making it impossible to see system fonts.
Now I can use the device the way it was meant to work by HP, but if I try reset with CELauncher on the SD card nothing happens, or if for example I click Open File in TCPMP the folders appear but without the labels.
In general, no system fonts are visible.I need a way to somehow re enter the walue I deleted.

A desktop program that ActiveSync is through software exists helps to reach the registry file on PNA: http://freewareppc.com/utilities/mobileregistryeditor.shtml (if you use the HP iPAQ 310 over ActiveSync mode).

If you use the HP iPAQ 310 over Mass Storage mode, you can edit psycogeek's CELauncher.c31 file, and can create a good registry value for the automatic editing.
OR
You can create a MortScript file with a good registry value. Copy the MortScript.exe to the SD, copy and rename the AutoRun.exe to CELauncher.exe, and create a CELauncher.mscr file. Edit the myfile.mscr with notepad, and create a RegWriteString( <root>,<path>,<key>,<value> ) command:
RegWriteString( "HKLM", "System\GDI", "SysFnt", "24" )
Put the SD to the HP, and soft reset at once with this special CELauncher.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 12 janv. 2009 14:47:59
Go to Top of Page

jordano

Bulgaria
23 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  16:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]
Reset the registry, that will default any and all registry changes made on the machine. its also a VERY dangerous move to have to make.
[/quote]

Happy to say I survived that.Thank you all guys!
I only suffered two minor problems.
1.Lost my nice large keyboard - so I'll be thankful if you spare me reading back the whole thread and give me a link.
2.Every time I enter the Map it is in 2D and I have to switch manually to 3D.I'm using Mauro's scheme with the geographical colors.
And by the way, I assigned -18 value to system fonts instead of -24 and to me it is better this way.
Go to Top of Page

jordano

Bulgaria
23 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  16:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupid me!Visual settings for the map have changed after the reset, so forget about 2D-3D issue.
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  17:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HP3OneZero
MMCE a TOUCHSCREEN picture viewing program

Most complicated looking thing, but ignore the complications and just load in a pic and poke around.

http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/MMCE.zip
592K zipped 1.4M unzipped, complete with cute picture for games folder

this program has been alterd, so the fonts show up, sometimes the bloody Close X doesnt show up on the requesters, sooo, if you get STUCK without a close button, dont forget the LargeKB , bring it up, select the window that wont close, then push the ESC on the keyboard.
(bet that tip will come in handy again) Hey ALT F4 right there where you need it.

the program works in full res, but even with the toolbars on LARGE, they arent very visable, but thats ok, we dont need no stinking toolbars :-) we have a touchscreen and a finger. you can even set it up to do Iphone like scrolls , Ohhhh, like you wanted a mac huh :-)

Quick how to use:
if it opens in full screen, just poke in the upper right corner, where you would expect a close and minimise buttons to be.
that button TOGGLES full screen.

load in a single file from a directory of many pictures
now reach up into the upper right corner , and pop it back into full screen, Just like where the maxamise button would be on a real computer.

Poke in the dead Center of the screen (oh lookie there), and it zooms in
poke just outside of the center, and it zooms out (how intuitive)

now zoom way in, and you can then scroll
reach up top and push, and it will scroll up
reach down low, and it will scroll down , where scroll bars would be
poke on the left (but not on the edge) and it will scroll left
Poke on the right , and it will scroll right

OR ignore the scroll and just GRAB the picture by hold poking and moving , then the pic will attach to your stylus/finger.

poke edge right(the tight edge of the screen) , and it will go to the next picture
poke far edge left , and it will go back a previous picture

Poke in the bottom right & left corners to rotate, just like reaching for a corner in MS Word.

if you poke in the tight edge upper left corner, (where an ESCAPE might be) it will go into thumbnails , (Called explorer mode)
but because that mode, can be confusing, and a pain, after you grab the next pic off the thumbs, poke in the upper left corner to get it back into "reader mode" so it operates correct.

if you get good, you can operate this with just your finger, if you dont, you can always change the configuration.

Edited by - psycogeek on 12 janv. 2009 18:35:23
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  18:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HP3OneZero

another piece of brilliance from tillansoft, completly stand alone on the hp anyways.
a Pocket Notepad,

http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/Pnotepad.zip
20K zipped 82k unzipped, complete with cute picture for games folder

you can set the font size too, but dont go looking for the songbird font, or whatever, dont need it, dont want it.

SEE ALSO
Multiloader script for Keyboard access
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=101001&whichpage=155

---------------------------------------------

these 3 i cant seem to help much, they all suffer from MicroIconitus, they need some real programmer, who can make them high res.
they all run in full screen high res, but they all have little teeny icons.
i did what i could to make some visual and high res alterations, but they are still magnifying glass icons, if you try and use the toolbar icons, luckily most of the stuff can be done with the menu.

HP3OneZero

a Pocket Paint,
http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/Ppaint.zip
102K zipped, 295K unzipped, with picture for games folder
Raised the font, so you can at least start a new paint page

a Ce Commander File explore thing,
http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/CECMD.zip
130K zipped , 302k unzipped, with pic for games folder
this is the smallest running cecmd, but it seems to have most of the parts? mabey it needs dlls for zipping, in that situation i would have to pack up the 700K one instead.
The Irritating menu has been altered, so you can get to stuff in one less move (english anyway)
the icons have been "enhanced" lol ya right.

a MS squares game, aka DOTS thing
http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/Squares.zip
107k zipped, 277k unzipped, complete with bmp pic for games folder

hey it runs in full screen, and it does have a close button, unlike DOTS :-( but just try and get out of 2 player mode,and into computer vs player, and boom out goes the lights.

Edited by - psycogeek on 17 janv. 2009 06:21:24
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2009 :  21:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
psycogeek!

Look at the MioPocket 2.0! ;)

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109690&whichpage=1

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2009 :  20:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Did you heard about a Linux version for Ipaq 31x ?

Thanks,

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

bryanbahr

2 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  00:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Navar, Lutz or ANYONE, PLEASE HELP.

I have been trying to load TCPMP on my new HP 310 for a long time now and I was wondering if you could point out what I am doing wrong.

I have the Total Commander downloaded from
http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm
I downloaded the ARM cab and have tried renaming the 000cecmd.002 file to both CELauncher.exe and also cecmd.exe. I've tried putting both on my 1gb SD card in the root folder, but it still boots normally after soft reset. I've also tried placing it directly into the Ipaq>OS>Games folder, also unsuccessful. The cecmd folder appears in the games, but will not open because it is not a Windows CE app.

I am very frustrated and will very much appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you!

Also, any links to proper downloads will be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

bryanbahr

2 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  00:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have been trying to load TCPMP on my new HP 310 for a long time now and I was wondering if you could point out what I am doing wrong.

I have the Total Commander downloaded from
http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm
I downloaded the ARM cab and have tried renaming the 000cecmd.002 file to both CELauncher.exe and also cecmd.exe. I've tried putting both on my 1gb SD card in the root folder, but it still boots normally after soft reset. I've also tried placing it directly into the Ipaq>OS>Games folder, also unsuccessful. The cecmd folder appears in the games, but will not open because it is not a Windows CE app.

I am very frustrated and will very much appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  07:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bryanbahr

you really have to make SURE that any file you place to try as the ceLauncher.exe , will surely execute in the system first.

you know how to put stuff into the games folder right? test any program you intended to run there first, it WORKING first is a good way to troubleshoot.
once you know it works, and you put it on the SD card
always go around 2 boots, so if its flakey you give it a chance at least.

IF it still doesnt.
IN your main computer, NOT in the IPAQ device,
reformat the card, in Fat(16) or in fat32, and set the cluster size Large like 8-64k for a small card, when you format, you can do that in the diskmanager then copy the one file on, and test that again.

dont format the card in NTFS :-)
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  07:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

psycogeek!

Look at the MioPocket 2.0! ;)

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109690&whichpage=1

and i wish i would have bought the 520 or the 720 too :-(
i have tried to use many of the things for the mio, and they are all little postage stamps in the corner of our High-Res screen :-(
the high res is wonderfull, but there isnt much you can do with it yet :-(

That is why i asked you if you got the GAPI to size up the games, by using it to set the games grafic render to DOUBLING, a mode that will display the grafic items using 4 pixels for every one original, effectivly doubbling the size of the game on the screen, making it visable finnaly.

i am trying to find a RPG or adventrue type of game (like zelda, or a turn based) that will run in full screen, Wide screen, Landscape ,even if its not full res rendered.
i would BUY one or 2 great games with long play times, if i could easily get them WOrking on the machine, but so far, all i get is wasting time trying :-(

Edited by - psycogeek on 14 janv. 2009 07:48:32
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  08:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weird Tips time:
Pressing F4 on the keyboard (largeKB) while in the NAV program, (Nav run from CE without oasis) will exit the nav program immediatly.
dont ask me how i know :-)

Edited by - psycogeek on 14 janv. 2009 08:05:33
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  10:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek
That is why i asked you if you got the GAPI to size up the games, by using it to set the games grafic render to DOUBLING, a mode that will display the grafic items using 4 pixels for every one original, effectivly doubbling the size of the game on the screen, making it visable finnaly.

Actually i saw that setting in the GAPI setup, but i can't figure out how this could work without degrading a lot the performance, as when you use GAPI you write directly to a memory pointer, there is no a function call that can trasform your single pixel into four... except the enddraw function, but this would mean that every time that you end drawing (suppose you updated just a few pixels) that function will redraw the ENTIRE screen (since it can't know what you just changed) losing a lot of time and being pratically unusable for gaming or videos...
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  16:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek
That is why i asked you if you got the GAPI to size up the games,

Actually i saw that setting in the GAPI setup, but i can't figure out how this could work without degrading a lot the performance,

ahhhh thats what it does, well some of the "puzzel" type of games dont really need performance, they need a magnifying glass :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05