Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

dxben

3 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2009 :  18:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster
You don't need any special program, simply access windows ce by putting CELauncher.exe in the SD card, then connect the usb cable to a pc and make the bakcup of the disk labeled "TFAT". That's all. You can now play with that files and even delete them, if you need to restore your backup just do the same procedure as before and copy your backup files back to the device.

Thank You Bitblaster,

that's what I am doing so far, but I want a total backup including Registry, like SunnySoft Backup Manager.
I tried this Backup Manager with no success unfortunately,

regards Ben

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2009 :  18:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dxben

quote:
You don't need any special program, simply access windows ce by putting CELauncher.exe in the SD card, then connect the usb cable to a pc and make the bakcup of the disk labeled "TFAT". That's all. You can now play with that files and even delete them, if you need to restore your backup just do the same procedure as before and copy your backup files back to the device.

Thank You Bitblaster,

that's what I am doing so far, but I want a total backup including Registry, like SunnySoft Backup Manager.
I tried this Backup Manager with no success unfortunately,

regards Ben

For the registry you can use registry workshop or any other similar program capable of connect with the registry of a mobile device via activesync
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2009 :  19:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by psycogeek

here is a Video test, its a terminator trailer, its encoded specifically for the IPAQ310 at 400x240, with xvid 2 pass,56k mp3 stereo audio in english.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V49BD3WD
143Megs , test it on the ipaq, and tell me that a little video adjusting and filtering isnt worth the time.

it is very fast, faster than i expected, benchmark at 202% both at 100% and 200% zoom. Obviously if i activate smooth scaling it drops to 62%.
What program did you use to convert and how many time did it take?
Go to Top of Page

SanchSanch

2 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2009 :  13:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'v bought this excellent device just recently, but already managed to kill it (stupid me). I think nothing will help me, but who knows... - anyway I'm asking for help.

So what I did:

In the Control Panel in WinCE there is the Storage Manager. It showed 3 partitions on Microsoft Flash Disk (jne of them is the biggest 2GB Resident Flash I think). It also showed about 4MB unallocated space. And I created a small partition there just for fun (oh, my God!).

The partition imeddiatly appeared in the FileExplorer, named as ResidentFlash2. I copied a couple of small files there.

But after reboot it doesn't start. Fullscreen HP logo for ages... Neighther with CELoader on SD card, nor without card at all... When connected to PC, I can access ResidentFlash on PC, but it's no use. Actually the Disk appeares on PC not immediately after HP reboot, but in about 30 seconds, so I think "something" in device is still booting.

I think the space was not unallocated really, but maybe was used for WinCE OS files or registry... - so I killed it :(

Restoring registry to default state through Ingeneering Menu doesn't help - I'm not shure if it actually restores. After selecting the item in menu it immediately shows fullscreen HP logo (or just reboots maybe).

Tried the update file from HP site - but it just erases resident flash and then copies new files to it - that doesn't help.

Any ideas?..

P.S.: sorry for my English, it is not my first language.

Edited by - SanchSanch on 07 janv. 2009 17:40:03
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2009 :  13:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You couldn't boot with CELauncher.exe, could you?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

SanchSanch

2 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2009 :  13:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I couldn't. I don't know, maybe it is still executed though, but since it is a dumme file, that does nothing, I don't see it.
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2009 :  23:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SanchSanch

Hi!

So what I did:

In the Control Panel in WinCE there is the Storage Manager. It showed 3 partitions on Microsoft Flash Disk (jne of them is the biggest 2GB Resident Flash I think). It also showed about 4MB unallocated space. And I created a small partition there just for fun (oh, my God!).

there are 3 partitions on the internal flash, one is the one the users sees, the other 2 are the ROM itself, and, something else, that you arent supposed to even see :-)
me thinks you wiped out some ability for it to recover.

DID you try the last ditch desperate,i read about here, you boot the device, then turn it off right after the (whatever is left of it) rom boot loads, then turn it back on again, All the time trying to get a USB connect to the unit from the big computer.

sounds bad, but worse things have happened. people here HAVE recovered stuff that the average user would have sent it for repairs, so trying anything is a good thing. persistance only pays off if you persist :-)

Edited by - psycogeek on 07 janv. 2009 23:47:43
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  00:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

here is a Video test, its a terminator trailer, its encoded specifically for the IPAQ310 at 400x240, with xvid 2 pass,56k mp3 stereo audio in english.
143Megs , test it on the ipaq, and tell me that a little video adjusting and filtering isnt worth the time.

it is very fast, faster than i expected, benchmark at 202% both at 100% and 200% zoom. Obviously if i activate smooth scaling it drops to 62%.

you got it to a 200% bench? holy cow, i could only squeeze out about 132%, but then I am not far along with the turning stuff off and tweaking yet. if i could have gotten 200%, i might have encoded in 400x480 instead, but that res only gets to like 93% on my IPAQ :-(
mabey you have core video player set well in the advanced settings, and are using a better version?

The program is VirtualDub , the codec is XVID coded into MPEG4 unrestricted (meaning no profile) bitrate is 300k , and its doubble pass VBR, the FILTERING is (i think what makes it look good on the small screen and outside) sharpen lots, increase color, temporal filter, then color smooth and resize, the first pass is done in 2x real time the second pass is done in 2x real time, so both passes take the FULL time for the video itself. (aka you could have watched it by then)

Virtual Dub makes use of the INTEL processors special instruction, and it is not as fast at all on the AMD :-( , the version i am using is "single threaded" so it only steals one processor, and some disk resources, to do it's trick. so it mostly works in the background.

Smoothing in the core video player , doesnt look so good anyways, but dithering , which doesnt cost much cpu, should help the 16bit display to show the 24bit video.

Of course with high res videos people are choking on they could potentially set the video QUALITY to LOW, it keeps the frame rate ok so it doesnt burp its way through.
myself i would rather watch a video back from it a bit and on low, than to have such jerky motion.

some videos require virtual dub MOD, like ogg and mastroka, but i am used to using the regular one, if you have never used v-dub then learning vdub-mod from scratch might be better. mod also handles duel stream audio, for the bi-lingual audios.

Edited by - psycogeek on 08 janv. 2009 07:50:29
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  14:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

you got it to a 200% bench? holy cow, i could only squeeze out about 132%, but then I am not far along with the turning stuff off and tweaking yet. if i could have gotten 200%, i might have encoded in 400x480 instead, but that res only gets to like 93% on my IPAQ :-(
mabey you have core video player set well in the advanced settings, and are using a better version?

The program is VirtualDub , the codec is XVID coded into MPEG4 unrestricted (meaning no profile) bitrate is 300k , and its doubble pass VBR, the FILTERING is (i think what makes it look good on the small screen and outside) sharpen lots, increase color, temporal filter, then color smooth and resize, the first pass is done in 2x real time the second pass is done in 2x real time, so both passes take the FULL time for the video itself. (aka you could have watched it by then)

Virtual Dub makes use of the INTEL processors special instruction, and it is not as fast at all on the AMD :-( , the version i am using is "single threaded" so it only steals one processor, and some disk resources, to do it's trick. so it mostly works in the background.

Smoothing in the core video player , doesnt look so good anyways, but dithering , which doesnt cost much cpu, should help the 16bit display to show the 24bit video.

Of course with high res videos people are choking on they could potentially set the video QUALITY to LOW, it keeps the frame rate ok so it doesnt burp its way through.
myself i would rather watch a video back from it a bit and on low, than to have such jerky motion.

some videos require virtual dub MOD, like ogg and mastroka, but i am used to using the regular one, if you have never used v-dub then learning vdub-mod from scratch might be better. mod also handles duel stream audio, for the bi-lingual audios.

Yes i did a lot of tweaking in tcpmp to find the fastest configuration, here they are:
- Buffering: normal buffer size=2048kb
- Advanced: check only "Prefer lookup tables", "Dpad follows", "use sytem volume" "benchmark from current" (actually the needed performance setting is only the first, but this way i'm sure you unchecked all the bad others...)
- DirectDraw: Overlay format=Auto, uncheck all others

As of virtualdub, it's a little slow a 100% time to recode... However to avoid use dithering it should be possible to apply a rgb565 color filter to translate correctly 24bit to our 16 bit color space. I do it in photoshop and the results are great (see TouchLock background shadings for example), i don't know if such a filter is available in VD or in other video programs
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  14:55:29  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

The "SetStorageSize.exe /51200" is not increase size of program memory to 50 MB.

You should pass simply the number of bytes, for example:
SetStorageSize 52428800

will set the storage size to 50MB (50 * 1024 * 1024 bytes)

This MortScript is working with SetSystemMemoryDivisionKB.exe (from MioPocket 2.0).

quote:
SetMessageFont(68, "Tahoma")
SleepMessage(2, "Total: " & TotalMemory()/1024 & " KB^NL^^NL^Free: " & FreeMemory()/1024 & " KB")

RunWait("\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Memory\SetSystemMemoryDivisionKB.exe", FreeMemory()/2)

SleepMessage(2, "Total: " & TotalMemory()/1024 & " KB^NL^^NL^Free: " & FreeMemory()/1024 & " KB")

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 08 janv. 2009 14:56:19
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  17:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
As of virtualdub, it's a little slow a 100% time to recode... However to avoid use dithering it should be possible to apply a rgb565 color filter to translate correctly 24bit to our 16 bit color space. I do it in photoshop and the results are great (see TouchLock background shadings for example), i don't know if such a filter is available in VD or in other video programs

The codecs dont seem to like 565, but are ok with 555? its set in the color depth, and so far i havent found that doing it THERE in processing, was better than doing it in the core player? i tried a 555 vrses a 24 bit (not dithered) and the core player played the 24 bit with much more "colors" fake or real. probably the program does not do the convert to 16bit well. i donno, and the size/loss differential wasnt worth bothing with.
i think both xvid and divx dont like 565, but i bet either of them are somehow capable of doing the conversion themselves in thier encoding junk. but push one wrong button in the video encoders, and SOME program out there will have a fit, making it less "compatable".
Go to Top of Page

rcruz

9 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  23:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iPIE (iPAQ 31x Image Explorer) Version Release

Get it from: http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t

Hi everybody!

As usual, I state here yet another iPIE version release.

What's new about version 1.0.1:

- faster decoding algorithm
- faster and better encoding algorithm
- Bug fix on loading some big (and rare) iGO images
- Small changes on interface

//rcruz
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  23:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rcruz

iPIE (iPAQ 31x Image Explorer) Version Release

Get it from: http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t

Hi everybody!

As usual, I state here yet another iPIE version release.

What's new about version 1.0.1:

- faster decoding algorithm
- faster and better encoding algorithm
- Bug fix on loading some big (and rare) iGO images
- Small changes on interface

//rcruz

Thank you very much rcruz, good job!!!
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2009 :  15:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A) remember i just got here.
B) dont follow this init hack, unless you can SAFELY destroy your machine :-) or have nothing to lose. because if you screw up, you will be stuffed bad, and in engeneering mode, trying to reset the registry. Myself, I voided my warrenty on day2.

You were warned,, now with the disclaimer out of the way . .

I disabled GPSMC.exe its in INIT, and as far as i can tell that does stop the GPS reciever from starting up.
WHY?
Well heck a reciever takes about 65ma (power) to run it, and running it while just playing games or watching movies , is waste of power, battery wont last as long. and i am planing on being away from a plug (with solar)
there are other things in init, that have a freaking spaz attack when you disable them :-)
if any of this can be confirmed or denied, it would help my hacking.

I now, of course seem to need a way to turn the GPS receiver on :-) oops , , , I will just copy the GPSMC executable to a folder in the games place i guess, replace the picture viewer with it, or something.

-----------------------------------------------------

second THING, this thread is IMPOSSIBLE, one hack overlaps another, this one changes this, and that changes that, and its not really fully cross compatable. i would LIKE to try everyones everything, but then i dont have the time, and i have very specific things i would like. and i bet your machine has EVOLVED from this mess of a thread, into fully tested and usable.

HP3OneZero -- One hack, One program, one language self supporting, non-conflicting, zero problems.

because here is what i am seeing: (with no intent on bothering anyone)
We're overlapping the original DLLS in winders, to fix some of the dependancy issues, but the originals were there for a reason no?
this seems to me to be "bad form".
I can't really even begin to use some of the OS stuff that is here (and there and everywhere), by the time i analise what has been done, i realise i would not use it that specific way. not everyone wants all the same stuff, and there really is no way to use all of it from everyone.
SOOO
i have attempted to, instead of pummeling the windows directory with a myriad of half baked dll items, wasting ram, and just put the needed DLLs in the folder for the item that requires them.

If more than one program can make use of the same DLLs, then the USER can decide to "share" those dlls by tossing them and the programs in the same folder. A bundle of games that use the same core and shell, a bundle of utilities that use the same parts and pieces.

i will try and do a picture of that:

Instead of putting some OTHER core.dll, in windows, you do this
Sdmmc - GAMES - BUBBLERS (and inside that folder)
AVGshell,dll and core.dll and toolhelp.dll (as needed)

Renaming the FREAK dll's and hacking the program to use the renamed dll, is still good form, but us morans have no idea what the heck to do, or what has been done, unless it's in a single folder that "just Works".
Renaming Ceshell.dll to CeShel2.dll , and hex editing the program to change the L into a 2. i have seen that here, that will work great, but it still seems easier to just plop all the needed parts and pieces into the same bucket, fast food takeout hacks :-)

BY putting a new core.dll in the winders folder, it will probably be used by other programs, which in some cases could cause instability.

Get to the point will ya
IF the programs were SUPPLIED by all the wonderfull, hackers and testers, and programmers , and dependancy checkers and trial and errorers, WITH the parts and pieces needed in this particular unit, to run it (even CLEARED), THEN anyone/everyone could use the work you have done, without guessing and trial and error again.

HP3-ONE-ZERO, ONE program, all the parts needed to run it, in one folder, zipped up, then anyone can use the one piece, in any location, in any way.

THIS is what i could use right now, it takes me hours (being a trial and errorer) to get one program running, and i am not going to slop stuff into the winders folder, its not good form, and it wastes valuable ram space.

If anyone has ONE item,, ONE color script, ONE SYS.txt, ONE program that works in the high res, one Folder set with a single skin and ZERO BS required to install and run it (on a BLANK machine), myself (and i BET others here) would love to actually apply it.

Otherwise your handing us a bundle of burning straws, and you can imagine what that looks like when you hand that to us :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Oh, he doesnt shut up does he

I think i found 2 reasons why the IPAQ crashes, (besides the above bad form) the processor doesn't have very good cooling, and the battery is being heated by the hot chips internally, this also is very bad form. i am so HAPPY that it is small and thin and light, and that IS why i bought it. but the thing needs better cooling.

BECAUSE i was putting mine in a case, (and have nothing to lose) i just up and drilled holes in it top and bottom (like any psyco would) then incurred a better seperation between the screen and the chips, and now there is a sliver of a chimney, that allows air flow.
(I tested with a temperature probe, and just with my hands, and a task intensive process and i BELIEVE that it works much better now).

and #2 the HP is using a lot of power, with the light up all the way, the gps running, the chips reading, and a hard non-stop process, the power consumption is high, then , they did a few tricks with the (propriatary) battery, that increases the resistance, between that and the MOBILE processor jumping up and down in speeds, surging the POWER.
i think THAT is why when the power is low, it becomes more prone to crashing. well and the crappy software :-)

--------------------------------
ok i am done rambling now, any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

Edited by - psycogeek on 10 janv. 2009 21:53:30
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2009 :  17:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HP3OneZero , i shall start.

the Excellent redone Task Manager, almost full screen now, complete with BMP , thanks to (insert name here) .
but, it still wanted a DLL.

so here it is in simple ZIP format, for those who dont know what a rar or 7zip is .
http://home.comcast.net/~TVV0/ITASKMGR.zip
TASK MANAGER FOLDER complete with dll, and cute icon, 25k zipped , 90k unzipped.

you unzip it, and inside is a folder, that is ALL you will need to run the program, place THAT folder into the OS games folder, or put it on your SD card, or even put it in programs in the ram.
on OUR HPs, nothing else is needed that is not suplied here in one folder, even if you reset and reset the registry.

you DONT put STUFF into the windows ram folder , to run this, LEAVE the dll in the folder and it will access it there.

(thats what i am talking about)

Edited by - psycogeek on 10 janv. 2009 21:21:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05