Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  12:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by body-snatch-her

More relevant to the current discussion perhaps is the fact that the H/K 500 & 510 models are listed as supported by GAPI for HPC's! Perhaps the existing GAPI is worth a try, or the effort to adapt GAPI to the Titan may not be too great for the developers to tackle.

I wrote to developer of GAPI, how can I help him. He answered for me:

quote:

Hi Sancho,

this device is still not supported.

Since v4.01 I offer the adaption for EUR €10 / US $16 for new devices.
After receiving the payment I create the adaption within 1-2 days.
For the adaption some additional technical informations about the device are required.
For this I will send you a small Windows CE tool which creates a file with these informations.

Please use PayPal (www.PayPal.com) to send the adaption fee of EUR €10 or US $16 to my PayPal account "NRSales@WinCESoft.de"

Best regards,
Frank

I sent 10 EUR to Frank in the evening yesterday... :)

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

jbourne

7 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  14:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is absolutely awesome. I'm willing to contribute back to you Sancho if this guy is for real (and if not, let's GET him, hehe).
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  15:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks of course sancho, if you send me your paypal account i will contribute to the cause...
However i'm quite skeptical in that this will improve the player performance, as the normal GX.dll (GAPI from microsoft) gives already you access directly to the video memory (i do this way in touchlock). However this is not an hw acceleration, because if i have, for example, to blank the screen, i've to loop through all the video words and set them to 0, but i do this using main CPU resources, not DSP. In other words, i believe that to have a true hw acceleration a program must be written appositely for our Titan CPU (& DSP), calling directly the dedicated DSP drawing functions so that the main CPU could do other works while the screen is being drowen.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  15:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry drowen=drawn...
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  16:35:16  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

Thanks of course sancho, if you send me your paypal account i will contribute to the cause...
However i'm quite skeptical in that this will improve the player performance, as the normal GX.dll (GAPI from microsoft) gives already you access directly to the video memory (i do this way in touchlock). However this is not an hw acceleration, because if i have, for example, to blank the screen, i've to loop through all the video words and set them to 0, but i do this using main CPU resources, not DSP. In other words, i believe that to have a true hw acceleration a program must be written appositely for our Titan CPU (& DSP), calling directly the dedicated DSP drawing functions so that the main CPU could do other works while the screen is being drowen.

Yes, you say it well, this only a software support, the velocity of the video playback will not be faster.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  17:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok guys, here it is a new version of TouchLock. This time it stays always on top when it's screen is visible, thus the problem of the screen flickering and the impossibility to move the arrow that sometimes happened should be solved.

Further with this release i packed the complete source code of the program, i had no time to clean the code and to comment it the right way. Since i don't know when i will have the time to do so, i prefer to release the code now so that who wants could study the code, and hopefully improve it. Please if someone makes new functions, bug fixes, etc, let me know so that i can update the "official release accordingly.
Remember that this code is all released with GPL license, so you cannot use any part of it for commercial software...

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.3.2.rar

Bye!

Bit
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  19:29:22  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your last release! ;)

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  21:32:30  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How I can about zero higher up to raise the size of the free memory automatically?

(Windows CE: Start / Settings / Control Panel / System / Memory)

from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__0j7tR_Xrwo/SV55T__BNlI/AAAAAAAAGvY/LZl_JzauzhY/s1600-h/mem0.png

to: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__0j7tR_Xrwo/SV55UM8e3RI/AAAAAAAAGvg/u_5VxsEWk7M/s1600-h/mem1.png

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 02 janv. 2009 21:34:51
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  00:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

How I can about zero higher up to raise the size of the free memory automatically?

(Windows CE: Start / Settings / Control Panel / System / Memory)

from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__0j7tR_Xrwo/SV55T__BNlI/AAAAAAAAGvY/LZl_JzauzhY/s1600-h/mem0.png

to: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__0j7tR_Xrwo/SV55UM8e3RI/AAAAAAAAGvg/u_5VxsEWk7M/s1600-h/mem1.png

Sorry i didn't understand your question... Does your free memory shrink down for some (unknown) reason and you want prevent it from happening?
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  14:21:29  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

Sorry i didn't understand your question... Does your free memory shrink down for some (unknown) reason and you want prevent it from happening?
Sorry, the english is not my default language. ;)

I would like to increase (automatically) the value of the program memory from 0 after every soft reset. Unfortunately, the default value is 0.

Go to Top of Page

redcars

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  06:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mute/Unmute - just wanted to give back. This makes the turn indicator alternately mute and unmute the navigation voice. The white background turns red when mute is on. Not sure how this affects the BT.

1) Add these lines to the bottom of \ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\scripts_800_480.ui

<script sc_mute_unmute>
runif %sound.os_muted 0 '.sound.os_muted 1, firstdirbkgrnd.bmp "hp_cockpit_bg_red.bmp"'
else_run '.sound.os_muted 0, firstdirbkgrnd.bmp "hp_cockpit_bg.bmp"'
</script>

2) In \ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui, change under

<layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>

from

<BUTTON xxx bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='run sc_MapClicked' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

to

<BUTTON firstdirbkgrnd bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='run sc_mute_unmute' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

3) Download the red background to \ui_hp_sagan\800_480- http://rapidshare.com/files/179577628/hp_cockpit_bg_red.bmp.html

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

psycogeek

232 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  12:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YO, you guys fry my brain with all the data here, yee haaa :-)

Booting to CE with a Big SDHC card
I had the Wurst time with the "celoader.exe" working, by the time i got done i had 3 flash disks TRYING to get that working.
Umm its LAUNCHER not loader CeLauncher, someone ought to fix that in the first post before you drive everyone insane. CeLauncher.exe and you gotta spel it right too.

ok, so finally i got it working, then i tested a 4GIG SD card, yes SD not sdhc, and it worked TOO (yay).

then i have a Patriot 16G SDHC class6 card, but no luck getting it to work (for booting to ce, works ok for a data card).

so i first had to analise, it would work with Fat16, it would work with Fat32 , so it wasnt a Fat booting issue, it would work with 2Gig cards, and 4 SD gig cards, but it would not work with 16gig SDHC cards, could it be the SDHC driver loading, the speed, or the speed the card gets recognised.

SOOOO, I repartitioned the card, no chit you can do that right there in the winders storage manager, as long as you dont SCREW UP and delete or partition the Internal Flash disk.

i put a very tiny 300k partition on the front of the 16G card, and then partitioned the rest of the 15g out as the second , and now i have my cake and eat it too.

that is all i know right now about it, after having tried to get it to work with the WRONG words, i am rather excited about now , just to have got it working at all, let alone working with the beeg pig card.

---------------------------------
with every "solution" there becomes another problem:
i was unable to get both partitions formatted in XP on the stick reader, or via the device.
to format and stuff in the Pocket, you dismount , or go to partition properties, and dismount, mount and format.
there exists 2 partitions, with one usable and one only accessable as a folder in the pocket, sorta a "archive folder" there . . . i shall continue testing.
------------------------------

THanks everyone for all the Hacking, and scripting and rearanging, and dependancy checking, and even for those who fall down and get up again, because this is a great resource thread.

Side Notes: Aqua Bubble (and probably aqua pearls) works in "high Res" not wide screen, but at least its big enough to play.

Edited by - psycogeek on 05 janv. 2009 07:23:36
Go to Top of Page

nFKT

27 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  19:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

quote:
Originally posted by body-snatch-her

More relevant to the current discussion perhaps is the fact that the H/K 500 & 510 models are listed as supported by GAPI for HPC's! Perhaps the existing GAPI is worth a try, or the effort to adapt GAPI to the Titan may not be too great for the developers to tackle.

I wrote to developer of GAPI, how can I help him. He answered for me:

quote:

Hi Sancho,

this device is still not supported.

Since v4.01 I offer the adaption for EUR €10 / US $16 for new devices.
After receiving the payment I create the adaption within 1-2 days.
For the adaption some additional technical informations about the device are required.
For this I will send you a small Windows CE tool which creates a file with these informations.

Please use PayPal (www.PayPal.com) to send the adaption fee of EUR €10 or US $16 to my PayPal account "NRSales@WinCESoft.de"

Best regards,
Frank

I sent 10 EUR to Frank in the evening yesterday... :)

Have you heard from Frank yet, I was just about to paypal him the 10 EUR for gapi support but I guess if you already have, why bother.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  23:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GAPI GX.DLL for HP iPAQ 31x

GAPI is support the TCPMP, MilkyTracker and more: http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html

Frank developed the GX.DLL for me. This DLL is support the GAPI. I share it.

Install
- Download the HP iPAQ 31x compatible GX.DLL: http://blog.sancho.hu/download/HP_iPAQ_316/GAPI_GX.zip
- Install the last (v4.03) GAPI package from http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html (.CAB: http://www.wincesoft.de/GAPI_for_HPCs_v403_with_Apps.CAB) to the "\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs" folder.*
- Overwrite the old GX.DLL in the \Windows directory with the attached version.
- Run at first the included GAPI test applications (last menu in the GAPISetup.exe).
- The orientation (90°, 180°) not work, because the HP iPAQ 31x is not support it. It work only landscape.

After soft reset
* After soft reset copy manualy (or with a script**) this files to root:
- The new GX.DLL to \Windows
- WinCESoft GAPI for HPCs.unload to \Windows
- GX_HPC.ini to \Windows
- WinCESoft GAPI for HPCs.DAT to \Windows\AppMgr

** My MortScript file for auto-copy:
xcopy("\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs\sys\*.*","\",true,true )

My files in the "..\sys" folder (I copy this files after first install to sys dir):
\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs\sys\Windows\GX.DLL
\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs\sys\Windows\WinCESoft GAPI for HPCs.unload
\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs\sys\Windows\GX_HPC.ini
\ResidendtFlash\Program Files\GAPI for HPCs\sys\Windows\AppMgr\WinCESoft GAPI for HPCs.DAT

Test it!
Please try this new GX.DLL with apps favoured by GAPI, and report! ;)

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 04 janv. 2009 23:53:41
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  23:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would this in any way potentially boost screen refresh rates with respect to nav software? Or, is this simply to enable better video playback and/or gaming?

HP 310
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05