Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  15:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by artlov

Sure, i have. hp_bt itself works, i can launch, connect to mobile, shutdown BT... but no status file.
Without it not possible use skin integration. Because i haven't visual studio i can't compile any debug version with message box, for example, to show variables and other debug info.

i will investigate on it in these days, thanks for the feedback!
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  16:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simima

@bitblaster (re Touchlock)

I want Touchlock to start automatically after each reset.

Of course you can and it is very simple, as already written many times before in this thread. All you have to do is create a link to touchlock.exe and put it on your startup folder. The factory setting for this folder is \windows\startup, but every time you reset the device this folder will be empty so touchlock will not start-
You can customize its location (and other system folders) by editing the registry (key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Explorer\Shell Folders).
Bye
Bit
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  17:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bitblaster, Not sure if you saw my post on the previous page on getting the bluetooth icon to display. The default icon has 6 "phases" and the default phase in the following code is "phase=other.bluetooth.phone", which doesn't work. I'm simply trying to make "phase=vBTStatus", but no icon shows up. It will only display is set to something specific as shown below, but of course, it's then only a static icon. So, how can I setup the phase so that the icon will change according to the vBTStatus?

Example in navigatemap_400_240.ui:

<SPRITE sprNM_BTStatus x=56 y=117 z=24 bmp="$ico_bt_status.spr" phase=1>

or

<SPRITE sprNM_BTStatus x=56 y=117 z=24 bmp="$ico_bt_status.spr" phase=vBTStatus>

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  20:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floepie

Bitblaster, Not sure if you saw my post on the previous page on getting the bluetooth icon to display. The default icon has 6 "phases" and the default phase in the following code is "phase=other.bluetooth.phone", which doesn't work. I'm simply trying to make "phase=vBTStatus", but no icon shows up. It will only display is set to something specific as shown below, but of course, it's then only a static icon. So, how can I setup the phase so that the icon will change according to the vBTStatus?

Example in navigatemap_400_240.ui:

<SPRITE sprNM_BTStatus x=56 y=117 z=24 bmp="$ico_bt_status.spr" phase=1>

or

<SPRITE sprNM_BTStatus x=56 y=117 z=24 bmp="$ico_bt_status.spr" phase=vBTStatus>

Sorry i didn't see your post...
AFAIK you can't set tag attributes to variable values in igo's ui file, so the only thing you can do in that tag is set a default value (i.e. phase=2)
You have to set the phase from within a script section, in this case the init script of the navigation screen. Once you locate it (the file depends on your skin, you can write something like:
sprNM_BTStatus.phase vBTStatus

(note without the "=" operator)

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  23:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How could I connect with hp_bt to my DUN connection? The DUN profile is avaible in my HP Bluseoil settings.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  15:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, finally managed to extract the data file onto my pc. have done some of the mods but i can not put it back on to the ipaq - i do get a message instead "there has been sharing violation. the source or destnation file may be in use"? what iam doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  16:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster
Sorry i didn't see your post...
AFAIK you can't set tag attributes to variable values in igo's ui file, so the only thing you can do in that tag is set a default value (i.e. phase=2)
You have to set the phase from within a script section, in this case the init script of the navigation screen. Once you locate it (the file depends on your skin, you can write something like:

(note without the "=" operator)

Bitblaster,

This doesn't work for me either. When I set a default value for the "phase" (phase=5), it does indeed display as that value. However, the value is never updated or changed to either a value of 1 or 2 to change the display icon. So, I'm not sure if the import function is not working or what. I just want to make sure you this displaying properly yourself, and if so, I'll continue to pursue. As in my previous post, I have the following:

navigatemap_400_240.ui:
<SPRITE sprNM_BTStatus      x=56    y=117 z=24 bmp="$ico_bt_status.spr" phase=4>

scripts_400_240.ui:
import "bluetooth_power.ini"

navigatemap.ui:

<state st_NavigateMap.
   <init script>

The bluetooth_power.ini file is present and diplaying the correct value. Is it possible the syntax within the .ini is not correct? Thanks....

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  18:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

How could I connect with hp_bt to my DUN connection? The DUN profile is avaible in my HP Bluseoil settings.

It is not possible at the moment. The connect function simply simulates manual button pressing on the bluesoleil window. At the moment i've no time to implement new functions sorry, however you can implement it yourself (you need VS2005 to compile sources)

quote:
Originally posted by floepie

When I set a default value for the "phase" (phase=5), it does indeed display as that value. However, the value is never updated or changed to either a value of 1 or 2 to change the display icon. So, I'm not sure if the import function is not working or what. I just want to make sure you this displaying properly yourself, and if so, I'll continue to pursue.

floepie, beware that the import statement is only evaluateed at startup, so in igo (afaik) there's no way to continuously poll the bluetooth status and update the icon accordingly, it's only a startup trick to initialize correctly the icon. Of course you can change the icon phase in whatever script you want as i wrote in the previous post, but its up to YOU to update the vBTStatus value! For example when you press the BT button you can switch on/off the bluetooth using hp_bt.exe (based on the current vBTStatus value) AND then set the vBTStatus to the right value.
Go to Top of Page

jordano

Bulgaria
23 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  18:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even after 10 hours of charging the powermeter of my 316 displays two or tree green bars, dut never four.The device is about 1 year old.Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

artlov

Estonia
27 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  18:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
floepie,
as You wrote, bluetooth_power.ini works in Your case. Please, can You share own hp_bt configuration (ini files, working paths).

My hp_bt.ini:
statusFile=\residentflash\ipaq\igo8\bluetooth_power.ini
turnedOnText=<header>\n<var vBTStatus=1>\n</header>
turnedOffText=<header>\n<var vBTStatus=0>\n</header>

Even, adding any file to execute to hp_bt.ini , for example:
exeFile=\residentflash\ipaq\os\games\cecmd\cecmd.exe
do not start nothing. It's like ini file not processed.

hp_bt.exe, hp_bt.ini files are together with igo files in \Residentflash\ipaq\igo8 folder, but i can't to get any bluetooth_power.ini changes. I call external program from GJ skin as:
'/Residentflash/ipaq/igo/hp_bt.exe' with parameter '-autolaunch 1'

Maybe bitblaster can help me also, at least provide some hints...

Thanks...
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1711 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  20:23:01  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordano

Even after 10 hours of charging the powermeter of my 316 displays two or tree green bars, dut never four.The device is about 1 year old.Any ideas?

This question would be better located in the user topic. Here is the topic for discussing about customization and hacking of the device.

But this being said, are you using the original HP charger or a generic USB charger.
-If original HP, try to get a new charger, yur might be damaged.
-If generic USB charger, try to purchase a original HP.
It is a known fact that iPAQ31x charge properly only using original HP charger because of a specific "protocol" between charger an iPAQ.
Although someone on this topic tried a tweak with some resistors to make the iPAQ belive a geneic charger was an HP one, if I am correct, he burned down its device :(.

Regards,

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  20:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does any one know where can I find latest updated skin / UI ? Haven't seen any updates ina while.
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  21:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Desperate for some help
hi, finally managed to extract the data file onto my pc. have done some of the mods but i can not put it back on to the ipaq - i do get a message instead "there has been sharing violation. the source or destnation file may be in use"? what iam doing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1711 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  21:37:40  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ventus,

When does this happens ? When you try to write back the data.zip file ?

When you connect your iPaq to the PC, what does happens ?
Do you see the iPaq as a drive letter (normal behaviour) ?
Or as ActiveSync device ?

Normally if you don't change anything to your device, when you connect it to the PC, HP's software should stop (a special screen appears on the iPaq) and when you unplug the iPaq is rebooting to force changes to be taken into account.
In this normal behaviour, as the HP softwares are stopped, there should not be any conflict when try to write back data.zip

If you have changed your device USB mode to use ActiveSync (USB Serial mode instead of Mass Storage mode), then the HP software does not stops and is accessing data.zip. So it is impossible to write over it. You should kill NAV and OASIS using a task manager.

What is your exact situation ?

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  21:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barbudor,
thanks,i am using activesinc. Copied the Data file to put all the mods. How can i "kill" Nav and Oasis.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05