Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2164

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

jordano

Bulgaria
23 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  13:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I set different background for the Touch Lock?
Wery useful program by the way, having in mind the design of iPaq3x
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  13:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordano

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I set different background for the Touch Lock?
Wery useful program by the way, having in mind the design of iPaq3x

Use my script (middle of page): http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=101001&whichpage=141 ;)

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  16:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to get another well known nav app running on my device, but I'm encountering "user idle" and "backlight" timeout issues. So, upon recommendation here and elsewhere and some tinkering, I have the following mortscript to execute the app:

RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","BattUserIdle",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","BattSystemIdle",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","ACUserIdle",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","ACSystemIdle",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","ACSuspend",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts","BattSuspend",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers\UserActivity","Timeout",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ActivityTimers\SystemActivity","Timeout",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKCU", "ControlPanel\BackLight","ACTimeout",0)
RegWriteDWord("HKCU", "ControlPanel\BackLight","BatteryTimeout",0)

If ( Not ProcExists("Tomtom Navigator.exe"))
Run( "\sdmmc\navigator\Tomtom Navigator.exe" )
EndIf

The script works fine and the app runs with no problem if executed outside Oasis, however, if I execute the mortscript from within the 'Games' folder in Oasis, the Registry entries are NOT changed.

Is this a well-known phenomenon, or am I doing something wrong? THanks...

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  17:02:36  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
why not simply disable the power save in the OS?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  17:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

Set the power setting over control panel.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  19:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

OK thanks, additional testing reveals the following:

1. Timeout registry changes either performed manually or changing the values of the power control applet to 'never' will survive a soft reset ONLY IF Oasis is not allowed to startup (celauncher.exe placed at root of SD card).

2. If Oasis is allowed to start following a soft reset, registry values return to default values resulting in the TT7 screen freeze after 1 minute.

3. The Mortscript I have been using within Oasis (3 posts above this one) will only affect "HKCU" values, not "HKLM" values, hence the mortscript will not work.

So, when you reply by saying "just adjust the power applet", how does one access this applet in the control panel AFTER Oasis boots up?

Alternatively, I could write a mortscript disguised as celauncher.exe that would first execute Oasis, THEN write the registry values automatically, although I'm not sure that work. BTW, what executable starts the actual Oasis??

EDIT: Problem partially solved. The reg overwrites via the mortscript can be done only if the ipaq is disconnected from the PC. It seems the registry is blocked or quickly returned to the default values once plugged back into the PC.

Furthermore, once you exit out of TT7 and return to Oasis, the registry returns to default values and is again blocked.

HP 310

Edited by - floepie on 03 déc. 2008 23:19:56
Go to Top of Page

alehouse

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  19:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have followed your instructions and this is my 'settings.mscr', i put it in the touchlock folder but it does not give me the choice of theme, what have i done wrong?
# Settings for Bitblaster TouchLock
# build 2008.11.29.2 by Sancho.hu

appdir="\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\GAMES\TouchLock\"

Kill("TouchLock.exe")
SetMessageFont(28)
SleepMessage(1, "Waiting...")

list[1] = "Config 1"
list[2] = "Config 2"
list[3] = "Config 3"
list[4] = "Config 4"
SetChoiceEntryFormat(40, 28)
Choice("Choice your theme!", "Choice your theme!", list)

Case(0)
Run(appdir & "TouchLock.exe")
Exit
Case(1)
Copy(appdir & "config.ini.1", appdir & "config.ini", true)
Case(2)
Copy(appdir & "config.ini.2", appdir & "config.ini", true)
Case(3)
Copy(appdir & "config.ini.3", appdir & "config.ini", true)
Case(4)
Copy(appdir & "config.ini.4", appdir & "config.ini", true)

EndChoice

# my special settings
IniWrite(appdir & "CONFIG.INI", "", "timeSeparator", ":")
IniWrite(appdir & "CONFIG.INI", "", "dateSeparator", "-")
IniWrite(appdir & "CONFIG.INI", "", "timeFormat", "hhmmss")
IniWrite(appdir & "CONFIG.INI", "", "dateFormat", "yyyymmdd")
IniWrite(appdir & "CONFIG.INI", "", "message", "slide to unlock")
# end of my settings

SetMessageFont(28)
SleepMessage(1, "Waiting...")

HTC Desire - NUVI - Ipaq 314
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  20:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there,
have been watching this forum for a while-great stuff!
but i need some help,
can you tell me where to find this file:ui_hp_sagan\common
what program do i need to use to open it?
thanks,
Go to Top of Page

ma0am

16 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will find ui_hp_sagan\common in the \NAV\data.zip, which you can open with WinZIP (DUH!), WinRAR or 7zip.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floepie
1) Anyways, I'd love to get the -autolaunch 1 argument to work properly. It does indeed turn on bluetooth (bluesoleil), however, it only brings me to the 'bluetooth manager' without actually connecting me to my bluetooth phone (I have only one paired device with the 310).

2)Also, is there any way to tie in the hp_dial app into igo8 in order to dial the POI's?

3)I'd also be interested in any skin mods you have used in conjunction with this little app. Thanks again!

1)Yes you're right, it has some problems in automatically pairing the default associated device, i should correct this bug in the next days.

2&3) Yes, there are some skin mods that allow you to start/stop bluetooth and call a phone number from igo. I've an old dimka skin so my skin mods are probably useless for you, however these are the basic steps i made:

-first, copy the hp_bt files in the igo folder
-hp_bt (with its default configuration) creates a file (bluetooth_power.ini) in your igo folder (you have to set it in hp_bt.ini). This file by default contains an igo8 variable declaration (vBTStatus) containing the current bluetooth status (1=BT on, 2= BT off).

-you can import this file in your igo skin by writing (for example in
\ui_igo8\400_240\ui\scripts_400_240.ui, right after </header>):
import "bluetooth_power.ini"
In this way all your .ui files can now use the vBTStatus variable.

-Based on this variable you can set the BT icon status with lines like these:
runif vBTStatus 0 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 0'
  else_run 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 2'

-You can also intercept the BT icon pressing and powering on/off the BT accordingly:
runif vBTStatus 0 'vBTStatus.set 1, START_APPLICATION "hp_bt.exe" "-power 2"'
  else_run 'vBTStatus.set 0, START_APPLICATION "hp_bt.exe" "-power 3"'

runif vBTStatus 0 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 0'
  else_run 'sprNM_BTStatus.phase 2'

-finally, you can call a poi number directly from igo8, just locate the right script (in my case sc_poicall in file \ui_igo8\common\ui\poi.ui) by replacing
other.phone.call vtmp
with
run 'START_APPLICATION "hp_dial.exe" vtmp'

where vtmp is the current poi number.

Bye!!
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a new minor version of TouchLock with some bug fixes.

- added: relaunching the program when it's already running reloads the settings (and shows the window as before)
- fixed: the fade off effect left lighted on one thin row on the right border and on on the bottom
- fixed: letting the program turn off the device, the next time you turned it on the taskbar disappeared

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.3.1.rar

Have fun
Bit

Edited by - bitblaster on 02 déc. 2008 21:32:25
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks maoam!
next question, how to edit them, i can't paste anything in to it!!
Go to Top of Page

ma0am

16 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
Just doubleclick on the data.zip. If you have WinZIP ( or one of the others mentioned above) installed, it opens a window like the explorer, now you can drag and drop. Or unzip it, do your changes and zip it again.
Go to Top of Page

Ventus2ax

6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  21:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iam using the winRAR, i can get to unzip and open it in something that looks like a notepad but i cant paste anything
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2008 :  22:01:45  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alehouse

I have followed your instructions and this is my 'settings.mscr', i put it in the touchlock folder but it does not give me the choice of theme, what have i done wrong?

Have you got config.ini.1, config.ini.2, config.ini.3 and config.ini.4 files? Witch version of TL?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05