Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  19:42:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zazan
I use original iGO 8 on my device.

quote:
Originally posted by cfdezg
If you are running iG08, could you please tell me if you can customize radar warnings? I mean change the distance from what the warning apear, change the sound, or even better, add a single voice warning.

I use diMka Specter v1.5b skin. Just insalled yesterday. It's very much customizable. Full screen map and more... It uses Ultra sounds (voices) for warnings.
As per distance, only when approaching.

Zazan, I understand that iGO8 was not possible to run on iPAQ 310 due to some problems bbased on the different screen resolution and that the Nav N Go program originally installed is quite an approach to iGO8 (although sometimes I consider that is a iGo8 beta version).

It would be nice if you can upload some pictures or screen captures.

Honestly what we (really the skin modders) have obtained is graphically totally comparable with the iGo8 but the speedcam sound feature is rubbish.

I wonder that, in a similar way that the modders have introduced the scheme option, it maybe possible to introduce the speedcam warning customization (based on how the iGo8 scripts are written) but my knowledge does not allow me to try it.

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  20:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rcruz

iPIE (iPAQ 31x Image Explorer) Version Release

Get it from: http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t

Hello again modd people!

I've just released a new version of iPIE.
This is nolonger a Beta version, but it dosen't mean it's bug free or that it cannot be improved. Keep those suggestions and bug reports comming.

So, what's new about version 1.0:

- some technical stuff (progammer stuff) you don't really care about
- the long expected BATCH conversion

Yes, goto the 'File' menu and there you'll find the 'Batch conversion' window that allows you to convert multiple files in one single step.

You'll also find a 30-second-one-time-only "nag" screen at start up.
Sorry for taking 30 seconds of your life, but I must appeal to those of you who appreciate having me working for free for your benefit and are willing to reward this effort :P.

Regards and keep modding.

//rcruz

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  20:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iGO as a product is a continues beta like all s/W products. A lot of money for a lot of bugs.
But it works fine on my device with 400x240 skin. I made the following changes:
In registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oasis_HP\Servers\Navigation]
"ContentPath"="\\SDMMC\\igo8\\content"
"Path"="\\ SDMMC \\igo8\\igo8.exe"

In \ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\CONFIG\sys.txt:

;autostart igo
igoautostart=0

Now I can use a big Navigation button in Oasis to start iGO8. Runs nice and stable. I’m ok with sound alerts as well (part of dimka skin), it calms my temper.
I haven’t installed screen capture soft hence cannot send images but if you take a look on http://www.i-go8.com/, it looks pretty same. I just use full screen with clear menus.

The only problem that I have, I can’t use a hands free application in Oasis when I’m using iGO.
When I’m receiving a phone call application pops up and iGO minimizes and there’s no way to get back to iGO from Oasis after that.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  22:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

quote:

I use diMka Specter v1.5b skin. Just insalled yesterday. It's very much customizable. Full screen map and more... It uses Ultra sounds (voices) for warnings.
As per distance, only when approaching.

How could you use the dimka skin with the HP NAV.EXE?

I use iGO8 as I wrote five messages above on this page.
Please take a look. May be you can help.
cheers

Respect! ;) Thank you!

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  22:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

iGO as a product is a continues beta like all s/W products. A lot of money for a lot of bugs.
In registry:

;autostart igo
igoautostart=0

Now I can use a big Navigation button in Oasis to start iGO8. Runs nice and stable. I’m ok with sound alerts as well (part of dimka skin), it calms my temper.
I haven’t installed screen capture soft hence cannot send images but if you take a look on http://www.i-go8.com/, it looks pretty same. I just use full screen with clear menus.

The only problem that I have, I can’t use a hands free application in Oasis when I’m using iGO.
When I’m receiving a phone call application pops up and iGO minimizes and there’s no way to get back to iGO from Oasis after that.

What is your \SDMMC\igo8\sys.txt?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  23:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="400_240"
device="HP SAGAN PNA"
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
highres=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

[debug]
skip_eula=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  23:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tnx!

Can you start the iGO8 over simple WinCE?

Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  23:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes
Go to Top of Page

rcruz

9 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  00:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iPIE 1.0 FIX
quote:
Originally posted by specter
Very nice software but after updating to the latest version i get an error at startup. It showed the 30 second screen. I waited and press the button to start the application and got this error:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

I am running it in windows vista. the previous release worked perfectly.

Hi specter,

my mistake! The installer was not registering IIENG.DLL correctly.
You can fix this by uninstalling the app, downloading the fixed setup file I uploaded today and then reinstalling the app.
You can also quick fix the problem by registering the dll yourself(run the command: regsrv32.exe "C:\Program Files\I3T\IIENG.DLL").

Regards,

//rcruz
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  01:24:44  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rcruz,

it works now and you made the seperators movable. much better interface now. Very nice!

Go to Top of Page

starovoytovsg

Belarus
2 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  10:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by misha_pr

quote:
Originally posted by starovoytovsg

HELP! iPAQ 316

Restory from backup, if you made it before. If where isn't backup and your SKU ID:FA977AA#B1Q (Eastern Europe), try this one http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=ru&cc=ru&prodNameId=3544304&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=3544279&swEnvOID=2051&taskId=135&swLang=30

Udachi

All rights! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

duckieusa

9 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  17:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have HP ipaq 316 and really need western europe maps? Can anyone help me with this? Please e mail to me or post here... :(((
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  21:42:14  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do u think that writing 3 times the same request will help ?

You should be able to purchase Western Maps on HP web site. Did you tried ?

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Used: CartoExp.3D | OziExp.PC | OziExp.CE(iPaq314)| TomTomGoLive950
Go to Top of Page

duckieusa

9 Posts

Posted - 15 oct. 2008 :  08:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried but cant find it... :(

Edited by - duckieusa on 15 oct. 2008 08:47:45
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 15 oct. 2008 :  11:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to this UK HP page http://wittylink.com/x6905 and select Communications. Scroll down and you will find a list of maps and part numbers for the European model (iPAQ 314) but they are all called iPAQ 300 maps.

You'll have to ask your local HP dealer about compatibility/availability - although others have commented the maps are not available in the USA. So you'll probably have to buy from a Europe supplier.
Go to Top of Page

duckieusa

9 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2008 :  10:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you... I will try that solution...
Go to Top of Page

duckieusa

9 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2008 :  10:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I will try this one...
Go to Top of Page

duckieusa

9 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2008 :  11:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2008 :  22:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's odd. I've tried numerous ways to add a bluetooth button to IGO8 that would in some way or other interact or launch directly the built-in bluetooth function. Instead, I have managed to create a skin that is an adaptation of the Ultra skin, where the bluetooth icon footer button on the 'quick view' screen simply minimizes the app to expose the bluetooth button in Oasis. I simply do what I need to do in the BT app, then go back to the large 'Navigation' button, which I've assigned to iGo8 on the SD card. Igo8 then just re-appears where I last left it.

quote:

In registry:

;autostart igo
igoautostart=0

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  01:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can you post path and scripts for bluetooth and Navigation buttons?
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  03:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
navigatemap_400_240.ui

<BUTTON xxx        template=footer3_1a text="Bluetooth"  visiblemodel="!other.bluetooth.available&!other.phone.available" onrelease='run sc_hideExitMessage, hide'>

I just use Oasis's Navigate button, which is linked to igo8.exe on the SD card to 'maximize' igo8.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  10:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx. how did you assign Oasis Navigation button to maximize igo8 on the card?
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  16:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, what I did was to assign the big Oasis Navigation button to Igo8 for both starting the app and maximizing it. There was a small 4KB file floating about here, which allows you to start an app from any location. You simply make a shortcut (*.lnk) in the \residentflash\ipaq\nav folder and name it nav.lnk. Then, append the .bak to the native nav.exe app. Lastly, copy that 4KB executable into the nav folder and rename it to nav.exe. Now, the 'navigate' button will be linked to the app on the SD card. The button button simply works to maximize the app as well.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  19:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice and simple. can you post this small file. or name it. or point to its location in the web?
thanx
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  20:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See Hagar's post on pg. 58 of this thread for the applauncher.exe.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 17 oct. 2008 :  22:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx a lot.
it's not the most elegant solution (getting to the dialing screen and back to igo) but works fine.
even no need to make changes in registry as I did.

I'm still trying to assign original buttons to get to the dialer and back to navigation in one click. no success yet.
maybe someone?
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  00:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

it's described in the thread (maybe you should have spent the hours reading). Rename the SD card to "My Documents"

Hi lbendlin,

could you explain how to rename the SD card to "My Documents" please.

Can this only be done in the registry..? ..but where..?

I have the PMP Tools installed...

Thanks in advance

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  02:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

thanx a lot.
it's not the most elegant solution (getting to the dialing screen and back to igo) but works fine.
even no need to make changes in registry as I did.

I'm still trying to assign original buttons to get to the dialer and back to navigation in one click. no success yet.
maybe someone?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. You would have to call up the main Oasis executable with some parameter I think, but I would doubt it would respond to any sort of command line parameters or switches. Or, perhaps there might be some sort of script that could emulate screen presses, which would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if there is such a thing though. I know Mortscript is pretty powerful, perhaps something could be worked out in that.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

robl

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2008 :  00:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

Seems to mean that there is no more tasks...
Also the bar for os_starter is quite large should also means the same too.

But how did you managet to have the Taskbar full height ?
See how's mine is cut ?

Hi All,
Hi have the same problem of the taskbar being cut after I increased the size of the fonts. I have searched the forums and seen a reference to the www.hpcfactor.com site for a solution.

However, I could not work out which registry setting I need to change to increase the height of the task bar.

Does anyone know what registry setting I should use, and what is a good setting to try ?.

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2008 :  16:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="400_240"
device="HP SAGAN PNA"
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
highres=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480

[debug]
skip_eula=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

It seems that in fact, it is possible to run iGo8 (that honestly I consider that it is the same program that the one we have in the iPAQ but a bit more developed) even at full screen.

On this page
http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/2008/10/igo8-ultra-skin-v50-with-high.html
It is given a zip for that (I have not yet tried). But what I tried is to use our maps on other device with iGO8 and they works!!.

I don't know if this can be run on SD without affecting to the original (maybe zazan nows how to do it)

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2008 :  01:04:45  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Running IGO8 on the ipaq travel companion:
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/RuniGO8

Using a custom interface on an SD card will allow you to run it without affecting the HP software.
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/CustomInterface

Then you can use this skin on igo8: http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka.htm it supports 800x480 since it works in 400x240.

I am using this setup now on my ipaq 310.

Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2008 :  15:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorWkt

quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

@DoctorWkt: try MMCE, by far the best (and free) windows ce image viewer..

It's excellent, thanks for the tip bitblaster!

Dear DoctorWkt,

First, thanks to compile and host the iPAQ wiki.

With respect to that, I have followed your recommendations to use a Spetec SD Wifi card (mine is 820 not 821) and although it works (open or with WPA) the data transmition speed is very poor (around 40 kbps). Does this happens also to you?

On the other hand I found at google the following:
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~jhpol/hp/hp-ipaq-31X.txt

which compile some interesting things already discussed but show me how to identify the missing .dll that any program needs
quote:

ExecutabilityCheck
------------------
May be Usefull for finding out why a program does not run (missing .dll etc.)
Download http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/C310Auto.zip
Unzip the file.
ExecutabilityCheck.exe can be found in \C310Auto\Programs\Utils
Copy this file somewere on the ResidentFlash

1. Go to Start>Run
2. Click the browse button, navigate to the directory you placed the ExecutabilityCheck program in,
and select it and press OK (for example: \Storage Card, \Hard Disk, etc.)
3. The full path and filename will now appear in the run dialog.
Use your keyboard to type one SPACE and one \ (backwared slash) AFTER the final set of quotation marks ("
4. Click OK to start ExecutabilityCheck and you are done
If you want to make a working shortcut to ExecutabilityCheck just modify an existing shortcut to the program
by adding the same text described above. (SPACE and a \ after the exe path)

Maybe it is interesting for the wiki

Regards

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

Thunderscreech

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2008 :  23:17:03  Show Profile  Visit Thunderscreech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hullo! I'm working on getting Navzilla (navzilla.com) running on an iPaq 310 and I'm slowly working my way through the problems.

First, I copied the .CAB for it to the device, then executed it from CECMD. The program wouldn't run, so I collected a number of the usual suspect DLLs and dropped them into the directory with the executable. The program then launched further than it had before before quitting silently back to the OS.

I used Dependency Walker to check out where to go next, and it showed that navzilla.exe has implicit dependencies on COREDLL.DLL and that one of the supporting DLLs is looking for COMMCTRL.DLL.

Has anyone figured out how to put COM in yet? I know this is one of the big roadblocks for running Windows Mobile apps in CE, hopefully it isn't an insurmountable one.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

HybridX

6 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2008 :  02:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another issue with my ipaq..

since my favorites list's full.. i've started to add my locations as POI instead.. but when i go in the POI menu.. i can't select the list (i don't have the device right here, it's in my truck and too lazy to go outside :P) there's a grayed icon that would let me search in all the poi (so i could select my custom folder then selec my own destination) but i can't cuz this is grayed out.. it's not available... the only possible way i could search for poi is to enter a destination (anyone) and then i could click on POI near destination or POI near the GPS and then find what i'm looking for... is there a way to reactivate that icon.. or maybe you could tell me where i should look??

i don't know if it was activated when i bought it.. maybe i mess with something when i applyed many of your mods :P

thnx for your help!
Go to Top of Page

jbrodmann

2 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2008 :  03:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got an interesting mod proposal. Would it be possible to change the volume icon in the top right corner of the map to mute the device rather than bring up volume leveler. Another click would bring the volume back up to the original volume. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Liebaart

64 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2008 :  19:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that is exactly something I would like to see too !
Anybody ???
Go to Top of Page

Andfer

Spain
11 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  14:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bushie1565

I simply need the large keyboard to remain after a soft reset so it will always appear when the "KB" icon is pressed when needed in OziExplorer.

The problem is when i made a soft-reset, I need to "control setting"/"input panel"/ and select largeKBD all the times, before use OZICE.

It's the same problem that bushie1565 (page 94 and 96).

I read 133 pages but nothing

People say differents solutions, but I don't understand.

Please help me.

Edited by - Andfer on 24 oct. 2008 14:06:30
Go to Top of Page

norbit01

3 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  14:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!
I've just bought ipaq 310, but I travel next month to hungary, I have the hungarian map hungary.fbl file I copied it to the flash into maps directory but I doesnt work for me...
How is it possible to make this thing work?
I know it isnt so easy but is there any solution?
Many thanks for helping me!
Best regards: norbit

Edited by - norbit01 on 24 oct. 2008 14:13:32
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  14:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
# Andfer
For Large Kbd follow instructions from Simima on page 114. It does work.

regards Northpole
Go to Top of Page

Andfer

Spain
11 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  15:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by northpole

# Andfer
For Large Kbd follow instructions from Simima on page 114. It does work.

regards Northpole

I do this exactly, and a new LargeKBD appear for select, and work OK. But the problems is when I made a soft-reset, the DEFAULT keyboard is "Keyboard" and It's necessary to select again "LargeKBD".

I run OZICE in SD.
Go to Top of Page

Andfer

Spain
11 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  15:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry It repeat the message

Edited by - Andfer on 24 oct. 2008 15:59:17
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2nd post on this page has a link to a txt file detailing how to avert settings resetting after a soft reset.

HP 310

Edited by - floepie on 24 oct. 2008 16:00:42
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  16:15:52  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what I did was to delete the entry for the normal keyboard from the registry. This will automatically select the LargeKB as the default keyboard.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  20:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

what I did was to delete the entry for the normal keyboard from the registry. This will automatically select the LargeKB as the default keyboard.

Hi Lutz,

..but what entry exactly did you delete..:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload\1]
@="00000409" ?
and/or
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload]
@="00000409" ?

My registry looks exactly as Simima has described on page 114, but I still get the small keyboard up after a reboot...

Thanks in advance,

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  21:00:36  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Find the "IsSipInputMethod" key under HKCR and set the default to 0 for the CLSID 42429667... (the default keyboard). Save, put the device into standby, and reset.

Caution! Do this only AFTER you have installed LargeKB !

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  23:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Find the "IsSipInputMethod" key under HKCR and set the default to 0 for the CLSID 42429667... (the default keyboard). Save, put the device into standby, and reset.

Magnifico !!! ..works perfectly Many thanks !

Coming back to page 128:
quote:

it's described in the thread (maybe you should have spent the hours reading). Rename the SD card to "My Documents"

Could you (also) explain how you renamed the SD card to "My Documents" in order to get TomTom 7 finding the maps..?

(Also) in the registry..?

Thanks very plenty again,

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2008 :  23:55:51  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HKLM\System\Storage Manager\Profiles\SDMemory

Set Folder to 'My Documents' (without the quotes)

interestingly enough it's not set on the 310 I am looking at yet the SD card is still called "My Documents". So you may achieve the same effect by just setting the card label accordingly.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Andfer

Spain
11 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2008 :  08:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Very good idea, but don't works.

Now OZI has only one LargeKB, but It is NOT selected. I need to go to selected the only SIP keyboard.

I found the solution, nothing to delete.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\DefaultIm

And must change the {42429667.....} for the old Keyboard for the new
{A523....} for the LargeKB

Thank's for ideas.
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2008 :  10:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

HKLM\System\Storage Manager\Profiles\SDMemory

Set Folder to 'My Documents' (without the quotes)

interestingly enough it's not set on the 310 I am looking at yet the SD card is still called "My Documents". So you may achieve the same effect by just setting the card label accordingly.

Thanks for your answer Lutz, but..

..isn't the following a problem:
since the 'My Documents' folder is already created by WinCE,
following your instructions led the SDMMC to be shown as 'My Documents2' in the explorer..

(I have the 'My Documents' value under the 'Shell Folder' key pointing at '\ResidentFlash\My Documents')

So, the trick still didn't do the magic... (I am using the correct .meta.dct for sure so that's not the problem of getting no maps found...)

Could you explain...?

Thanks in advance,

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2008 :  13:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Very good idea, but don't works.
I found the solution, nothing to delete.

Super! ..this IS the real solution! ..I just had to come back to an earlier post of mine where I jumped too early into conclusion (though I was quite sure then... )

Finally (I have my HP314 already for 2 weeks now ) AAlways a LargeKB !!

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2008 :  00:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mauro.dvr

this is the correct procedure for everybody, because it creates a new layer for laneinfo.

Mauro, I applied your laneinfo change a few weeks ago, and Oasis now crashes occasionally with a "cannot open file ....vsimp..." message. I have a few questions about the change.

In your laneinfo.ini, you have
arrow="lane_vsimpdir.spr"
arrow_mode=2
arrow_sel="lane_vsimp_sel.spr"

In my original file, I have:
arrow="$lane_vsimpdir.spr"
arrow_mode=2

Is there a reason why the $ sign is missing? Also, nowhere in my original DATA.ZIP file is the file called lane_vsimp_sel.spr. Did you make this file, or was the file already on your iPaq? I have an iPaq 312. Many thanks for any reply.
Go to Top of Page

Andfer

Spain
11 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2008 :  09:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMPORTANT WARNING:

If you install a LargeKB and made this:

quote:
Originally posted by Andfer

When you do a complete update 1.8GB from HP (this delete file largekb.dll) you haven't keyboard until you copy file largekb.dll to the \ResidentFlash\Ipaq\OS again and "reset".

Edited by - Andfer on 28 oct. 2008 09:01:22
Go to Top of Page

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2008 :  22:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EricP

quote:

Magnifico !!! ..works perfectly Many thanks !

Coming back to page 128:
quote:

Could you (also) explain how you renamed the SD card to "My Documents" in order to get TomTom 7 finding the maps..?

(Also) in the registry..?

Thanks very plenty again,

You don't need to rename your SD card to get tomtom7 working. You need the PNA (patched) version of navigator.exe and note_prj.dll in the resident flash folder. The original install of the maps etc on the SD card, can stay as they are and do not require any mods.
I also copied these files/folders (from tomtom install) to the resident flash;
contacts
itn
logging
data.chk
ttnavigator.bif
It may be that not all these files are necessary...
Please don't ask me for the patched versions of any of the above mentioned files as I won't provide them..but they are quite easy to find!
On another note - you might be wasting your time anyways, as tomtom freezes after 1 minute because of the power settings on the ipaq. These can be changed but randomnly go back to their original settings and definitely do, after a reset.
I hope you get it working and enjoy it more than I did!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2008 :  03:11:03  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
none of these files are needed in the resident flash (ok, maybe the data.chk :D )

I have no problems since I disabled the power save feature on all of my 310s. Have not seen that revert back either, also not after a soft reset. Make sure not to let Oasis start the navigation program on reset. Since I start TomTom directly from SD card (as CELauncher) I don't have that issue anyhow.

Lutz

Edited by - lbendlin on 29 oct. 2008 03:12:42
Go to Top of Page

dhaluza

7 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2008 :  18:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the Titan chipset on the 310 supports SBAS (WAAS), and if so how to enable it. I have tried the NMEA commands for the SiRF III, but it does not seem to work.

Also is it possible to turn off the track smoothing?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2008 :  19:50:28  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
see my review on PocketGPSworld.com on how to invoke the GPS control applet

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

dhaluza

7 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2008 :  20:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, I saw that, but the GpsViewer does not seem to have commands for SBAS or smoothing. You can enter a command directly, but the commands for the SiRF III do not seem to work. I also tried SirfTech, but no luck there either.
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  08:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You don't need to rename your SD card to get tomtom7 working. You need the PNA (patched) version of navigator.exe
Please don't ask me for the patched versions of any of the above mentioned files as I won't provide them..but they are quite easy to find!
I hope you get it working and enjoy it more than I did!

Thank for the tip ! ..never thought that just a google on "tomtom 7 pna" would do so much...
I really like to "watch" this TomTom "hot"movie from RapidShare..!
I just run it from the SD-card.

Sure, iGo8 is fun to use, but if you end up in a trafic jam and want to choose another route (by blocking a street or part of the route) or just block a certain distance of the route, the iGo8 is suddenly not so funny anymore...
TomTom 7 handles this really good

I still think it is sad that Navigon does not work on it... It would be sooo nice to use it together with the TMC-extension cable

Even though some Navigon PNA's are running Windows CE 5.0 also, the hardware of the HP314 does not like it.. Hopefully someone could just rewrite some .dll to make it work for the HP

Anyway, thanks for your help!

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

pipopu

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  13:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3 problems:
- at the start the screen not lights up;
- in TotalComander, the key Kb not start the keyboard.
- My ActiveSync does not synchronize none of way (or serial_class, the RUU Mode, nor with all the updates hp...

Can you help me?
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  19:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lutz, Would you have any idea why I can't get any sound out of Tomtom? It runs just fine, and I can select voices, but there is no sound whatsoever.

FWIW, I have the entire tt install on the SD card, and I have not even had to rename the SD card to get it to run. Sound from both Oasis and IGO8 works just fine.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  19:31:16  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you need to set the device system volume to max before starting TomTom. Then in TomTom tap the lower left corner to adjust the app volume.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2008 :  19:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK thanks. It goes from almost inaudible at 80% to semi-loud at 100%. Strange.

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

pipopu

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 02 nov. 2008 :  01:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELP!
why this message now in ipaq 314?
Connection Not Valid.
Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Unable to open connection 'dirct'. This connection is not valid or does not exist.
Please open Communication in the control Panel on yor device, speciy a new connection to use for Pc Connection, and reconnect.

Obrigado!
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 02 nov. 2008 :  22:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pipopu

HELP!
why this message now in ipaq 314?
Connection Not Valid.
Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Unable to open connection 'dirct'. This connection is not valid or does not exist.
Please open Communication in the control Panel on yor device, speciy a new connection to use for Pc Connection, and reconnect.

Obrigado!

Have you tried plugging the iPAQ 314 into another USB port on the desktop computer and then rebooting the desktop computer?
Go to Top of Page

pipopu

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 03 nov. 2008 :  00:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank johnb,
Maybe not. But it is too late now, it loads in Engineering Mode - 11: erase and Reset Toc....
and now?
Go to Top of Page

dhaluza

7 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2008 :  13:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhaluza

Yes, I saw that, but the GpsViewer does not seem to have commands for SBAS or smoothing. You can enter a command directly, but the commands for the SiRF III do not seem to work. I also tried SirfTech, but no luck there either.

Still trying to find out how to turn off the smoothing of GPS positions. It really messes up the track when doing sharp turns. Does anyone know how to program the Titan GPS to do this?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2008 :  16:06:52  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you asked SiRF yet?

http://www.sirf.com/products/multifunction.html

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

dhaluza

7 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  01:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
They don't put the manuals online, and the site says "Only developers that have purchased either an Evaluation Kit or System Development Kit from SiRF and have signed an NDA will be given access to the Customer Zone." Not very friendly to developing software on an OEM platform like the Ipaq 310.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  18:51:38  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lutz,
Could you please provide a more precise link ?
I've googled on PocketGpsWorld with "lbendlin ipaq gpsviewer" but I can't find the exact topic.

TIA.

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2008 :  11:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/ipaq310.php

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2008 :  21:49:05  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks John.

I am still trying to disable static nav. Can someone explain the procedure using GpsViewer ?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

kppassion

2 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2008 :  17:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Screen rotation on my IPAQ 314 works!
The short story:
I tried out numerous screen rotation tools, including NYDITOT and others, but nothing worked. Then investigated how the screen drivers worked and found some hints how others were implementing the rotation function.
The solution was to write my own wrapper screen driver that loads instead of the original driver, but calls the functions of the original driver, thereby implementing screen rotation. The rest (touchscreen rotation) is done by Windows CE which fully supports screen rotation.

You can try it out, most of the work went into the installer to avoid any unrecoverable situation which requires the engineering mode.

It has some unresolved issues, e.g. does not support hardware accelaration, needs some waiting time before suspend/restore works, ... read the readme file.

Have tested it only on IPAQ 314, should also work on the other 31x, but you never know.

You can download from the driver from http://kpr3712.npage.de/downloads_89312177.html

If there is interest I might further develop the driver.
Go to Top of Page

crayonman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2008 :  19:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't resolve the no map found error. What is your file/directory structure on the resident flash and sd card to get tomtom to run using the map on the sd card?

TIA

quote:

none of these files are needed in the resident flash (ok, maybe the data.chk :D )

I have no problems since I disabled the power save feature on all of my 310s. Have not seen that revert back either, also not after a soft reset. Make sure not to let Oasis start the navigation program on reset. Since I start TomTom directly from SD card (as CELauncher) I don't have that issue anyhow.

Go to Top of Page

crayonman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2008 :  21:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to other NMEA GPS receiver instead of built-in gps receiver and configured 9600 baud and COM7.

quote:
Originally posted by crayonman

Once I put noteprjs.dll on the sd card, I can run tomtom from the sd card. However, I am now getting "No GRPS device!". Any solution for this?

Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2008 :  16:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a 8Gb Sandisk SD that initially work and autostart. Nevertheless few days after bought it, something get wrong in the file system and I need to format it. After this the SD card works but do not perform autostart. I investigated and it was possible that initially should have 2FAT (Winhex reported so) but later the format I did not managed that it autostart till I did the following:

On iPAQ control panel at the Storage Manager I did swap the card on two partitions first of them with less than 2Gb (it appears two disks named SDMMC and SDMMC2).

From this point the card start to be bootable again.

Regards

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2008 :  17:55:10  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@cfdezg,

I also had a 16GB SDHC card, Transcend which got corrupted. But once re-formatted, it started working back correctly.
I then had another problem as the card stopped entirely to work a few days later. I had to return it back. Now I am only using 4GB SD (non HC) cards.

But I see no reason for you to partition the card.
maybe the partition table was corrupted, but a single partition in FAT32 should work correctly.

Regards,

Go to Top of Page

Mareg

1 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2008 :  00:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDITED BY ADMIN : Discussion of illegal use of maps or software is against the forum rules. Thanks.

Edited by - Mareg on 11 nov. 2008 00:47:29
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 13 nov. 2008 :  20:58:57  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello WiFi gurus,

Does anyone knows if the Eye-Fi SD Flash+Wifi card can be used on a device like the iPa31x as both a Flash card and a Wifi card ?

Or is it only limited to the original usage (automatic uploads of photos to web/blog) ?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

scoilt

5 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  21:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had my 310 for about three or four months and have it working fairly well for my needs. I've found a program that will run scripts automatically (similar to the one on page 58 here but I found this in the MIO Customizing forum). I renamed it to CELauncher.exe so my 310 boots to Windows CE with all of my programs intact after each reboot. If anyone wants to try it out, let me know what you think:
http://rapidshare.com/files/163788827/iPAQ310CEScript_fixed_.rar

Unzip the file and copy the SDMMC folder contnets to you SD card... I included what I found to be basic utilities and the like found though this forum and others (all shareware or freeware), as well as some emulators (again, all shareware or freeware no ROMs though) and the like. I can get everything to work (more or less) will little issue. Run Oasis to get back to the regular HP GPS program and run the WindowsCE program under Games when in Oasis to bring the taskbar back and you can use Task Manager to kill Oasis to drop back into CE.

So my questions (and I'm sorry if any of these were previously answered... 136 pages take a while to go through and I'm sure I missed a bit)

Has anyone gotten any Blueooth keyboard or mouse (or game pad) to work with thier 310?

Has any one gotten Mobile Office to work on their 310? I know that Mobile Office is for Windows Mobile, but half of the programs I've managed to get to run on the 310 are work Windows Mobile, so I'm not sure it should be too much of an issue. I, however, haven't had any luck. I tried with the Office Mobile EXEs pulled from a ppckitchen.org ROM as well as those DLLS, etc. with no luck (one the DLLs are fixed the files suddenly think the processor is not correct - though they had no problem before the DLLs were placed - all were for ARM)...

Any help would be appriciated.
And let me know what you think of the auto script.

Thanks.

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all a part of the same compost pile"
- "Fight Club"
Go to Top of Page

scoilt

5 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  22:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, if you want to use ActiveSync or MyMobiler, remember to switch the USB client switch from mass stoarge class to serial class. Settings>Control Panel>USBClientSwitch>Serial_Class...

Your file transfer (to/from PC to/from 310) will slow down signifigantly, but you'll be able to sync (limited at any rate), do screen shots and video captures...

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all a part of the same compost pile"
- "Fight Club"
Go to Top of Page

alehouse

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  23:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone give a quick run down of how to install Ultra skin 5.0 hi res found here:
http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/2008/10/igo8-ultra-skin-v502-with-high.html

It informs you to put it in a skin folder but this does not work for the ipaq 31x as far as i can tell.

HTC Desire - NUVI - Ipaq 314
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  12:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The format of the directories in the zip file look as though they need to be installed on a copy of iGO running on an SD card in a 31x rather than natively on the 31x. The directories do not have the same names as the equivalent 31x directories.

There is an e-mail address on the web site for you to contact the author for more information.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  12:04:25  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe it has already been stated multiple time on this thread that iPAQ software is NOT iGo8 and that iGo8 skins cannot be used With iPAQ software.

Go to Top of Page

alehouse

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  16:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see what you mean, it was just the way it was worded suggested it was designed to work with the ipaq 31x, but as you say it needs to be igo8 running on the ipaq not the original software, maybe i was just being hopeful!!!! I'll stick with Mauro's version which is still very good for the ipaq.

Go to Top of Page

surge

2 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2008 :  23:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to install tomtom onto my ipaq 310 and really hope that I didn't permanently screw it up.. I got tomtom 5 working as it should, but decided that I would make it easier to start by following directions to change the name of the SD card to My Documents. After this, I restarted. Now, the CELauncher.exe (Total commander) no longer boots and the device just starts up into its normal navigation program. Could someone please help me figure out how to get back to Windows CE?

Thanks..
Go to Top of Page

surge

2 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2008 :  08:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To answer my own question, connect the unit to the PC and add Total Commander into the games folder.. Then it will be selectable from the games menu.. Alternatively, the registry editor can be placed there and the name of the documents folder can be changed.. I believe the problem was that since my card was now named "My Documents2" (since My Documents was already there), it was not looking there for a startup application.
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2008 :  19:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know where (in which file) to change the default tilt angle of the 3D-view..?

I'd like to see at least the horizon when it automatically switches to the 3D-view...

Now I am used to scrolling the wheel "everytime".

The only thing I can find is the map.carviewpresets FRONT1 command (which lets the horizon show up) in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file...

Muchos gracias in advance,

EricP.

Edited by - EricP on 18 nov. 2008 18:31:39
Go to Top of Page

zafonica

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2008 :  00:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone seen Mauro or Sanchez
Go to Top of Page

Slavi

1 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2008 :  21:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twingos HP Skins

Blue (Standard) ->
Part 1 : http://rapidshare.com/files/161835413/Twingos_PC_25.09.part1.rar
Part 2 : http://rapidshare.com/files/161836728/Twingos_PC_25.09.part2.rar

Black (NEW)-> http://rapidshare.com/files/165421655/Twingos_Black.zip

Only PC

[URL=http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=19.113X0RVDBpa3f6knw.jpg][/URL]

Edited by - Slavi on 19 nov. 2008 21:30:20
Go to Top of Page

JesusPassion

15 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  19:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Avast! reported virus with Twingos_Black.zip !!!

HP iPAQ 314, Unlocked, TTS dutch voice by Tweakradje
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  20:47:31  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JesusPassion

Avast! reported virus with Twingos_Black.zip !!!

Not confirmed by Kaspersky.

Go to Top of Page

eclipse

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  21:27:38  Show Profile  Visit eclipse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOD32 Ok

HP iPAQ 314, Omnia II, HTC x7500
Go to Top of Page

malc_p

7 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  18:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi (IPAQ 314, UK) - they're messing about with the roads round here, wasting my taxes, making several of them into one-way; I've had a look around trying to find if I can edit my maps to add/alter the roads, but no dice as yet - can someone point me to anywhere? Thanx
Go to Top of Page

malc_p

7 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  18:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another thing - I note the HP Product Support pages are now listing the Ipaq 314 under "Discontinued". Wha............ it's not more than a year or so old yet? Sheesh!
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  19:09:38  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Malc,
1) No you can't edit the maps on the iPaq.
2) Yes you can edit your post to avoid double-post
3) I found the page you are refering in UK but other pages still refer it as still on sale. See here.
On the other side on french site there is no reference at all as the product to be discountinued....

Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2008 :  22:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But see also http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1284860 where there is a list of countries where the iPAQ 31x was shown as discontinued.
Go to Top of Page

klingklang

40 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2008 :  02:27:41  Show Profile  Visit klingklang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anybody else got the "temperature is too high to operate ......" message. I have this everytime. Unit can't operate without an adaptor. Annoying...specialy that my unit (310) is not hot at all. HP sent me an another battery but still have the message. Is there a way to bypass that.

HP310: HP support: hello? hello? anybody home?
Magellan 4250: a mistake
Invion 4V106: still my best
Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  01:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
End of IPAQ Support

We are almost on December and no trace of the supposed new update.
Moreover there are signs of a soon removal from the market.

I think that our iPAQs has been always too avanced for the time where they were released. HP has done (if any) a very bad marketing campaing being not much better the support offered. NavNgo seem that used the developement of the iPAQ software to prepare its commercial iGO8 at time that the same software was also sold by branded companies (see http://www.navngo.com/pages/global/eng/devices). So if HP & NavNgo would like it would be very, very easy to solve all the issues and improve the iPAQ performance.

The fact is that although on this forum it has been done very much to improve the native program, we have never had a final version as it still have issues of resetting when selected POIs or the speedcam do not work and can not be properly adjusted.

Specter show us how it was possible to use the iGO8 on our iPAQs (using a 400x240 skin) that can solve the lacks of the native program with the price to loose some quality aspects.

Recently it has been released a new version (8.3xx) that although not advertised has a data.zip that support our WVGA resolution and hence we can obtain similar quality and features than on Mauro's skin but with a final version of the program. In addition it also gives the traffic pannels features showing similar (if not the same) pannels than the real ones in the highways.

Appart other devices with the same WVGA has been released (i.e. Touch HD, Xperia) that, probably will help to develop full WVGA skins

So it is, probably, time to forgot the native supplied programs and to replace by other commercials to use the full power of our iPAQs. Obviously it is sad to say that both HP and NavNgo leave the support to this excellent equipment but it is everyday more clear (I would like to be mistaken!).

There are also on the web some shells developed in a similar way to the iGO8 and in some of them appear internally the word OASIS .

We have not to forget that our iPAQs once reached the desktop by means of a SD use are Windows CE 5.0 PNAs and hence it can run the same program than others (but with better screen resolution)

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  10:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoilt
Has any one gotten Mobile Office to work on their 310?

Yes, scoilt, as i wrote before (some page ago...) SoftMaker Office runs without problems and is comparable to MS office on desktop pc...
quote:
Originally posted by kppassion

The solution was to write my own wrapper screen driver that loads instead of the original driver [...]

You can download from the driver from http://kpr3712.npage.de/downloads_89312177.html

If there is interest I might further develop the driver.

Thank you kppassion, excellent idea, i'll try it out soon on my 314!!!
Keep working on it and (if not already) release the source code so others can improve it.
Bye!
Bit

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  11:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all!
Today I share with you a new program for the 31x (but should work on all CE5+ devices).
Its name is TouchLock and its purpose is the same as S2U2 or IPhone's "Slide to unlock". Since we owners of the 31x are suffering for sporadic (undesired) startups, this is really a must have.
It's now a beta release, i will improve it and release the source code ASAP.

When you launch it goes silently in background, then when you wake up your device from standby the program activates showing its screen and locking your device until you slide the green button to the right of the screen. If nothing is done in 10 seconds the device goes to standby.
All is customizable via the config.ini file (colors, text, positions, bitmaps, ecc)

Please try it and let me now your impressions/suggestions.

Bye
Bit!

Starting screen:

Sliding... Please note the shining text at the bottom:

Download from here:
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock.rar

Edited by - bitblaster on 24 nov. 2008 14:11:46
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  14:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

End of IPAQ Support

We are almost on December and no trace of the supposed new update.
Moreover there are signs of a soon removal from the market.

There are a lot of frustrated iGo8 users waiting for Nav'N'Go to complete their new version of the Connection Manager which will be used to distribute software and map updates to personal navigation assistants (PNAs). https://www.naviextras.com/shop/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1980&lastpage=yes#lastpost
Hopefully something for iGo8 users should appear by Christmas.

And even more hopefully, perhaps HP will then be able to sort out updates for all the iPAQ31x users?

Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  15:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bitblaster
Re your Touchlock application, there is no text file or anything to indicate how or at least in which folder this application should be installed. Can you advise?
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  15:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bitblaster
Re your Touchlock application, there is no text file or anything to indicate how or at least in which folder this application should be installed. Can you advise?

Sorry, i had no time to write a decent documentation. You can put it in any folder, then you should edit the file config.ini (which is almost self-explaining) to set your preferences and paths.
Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  19:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnb

There are a lot of frustrated iGo8 users waiting for Nav'N'Go to complete their new version of the Connection Manager which will be used to distribute software and map updates to personal navigation assistants (PNAs). https://www.naviextras.com/shop/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1980&lastpage=yes#lastpost

And even more hopefully, perhaps HP will then be able to sort out updates for all the iPAQ31x users?

John, I have contacted HP and NavNgo. HP doesn't know anything about the iPAQ future and NavNgo says that to ask for support we have to ask to HP. Furthermore on Naviextras (I have subcribed too) the iPAQ310 is not included in the foreseen supported models. Appart I have contacted also with he providers of the speedcam database with similar result (always claiming that the problem is HP).

This is the reason because I claim that we are alone. Hopefully HP will support us giving us the chance to upgrade (really to solve the problems of a not finished software) our iPAQs via NaviExtras or wherever.

On the other hand there is a specific data.zip (search for data_831_full.zip) that cover all the screen sizes for iGO8.3XX and of course our resolution (maybe to cover Touch HD & Xperia).

I have checked that this work OK in our iPAQs and the huge screen at full resolution and the design of the iGO8 give an additional value to our PNAs

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  21:05:35  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi to all!
Today I share with you a new program for the 31x (but should work on all CE5+ devices).
Its name is TouchLock and its purpose is the same as S2U2 or IPhone's "Slide to unlock". Since we owners of the 31x are suffering for sporadic (undesired) startups, this is really a must have.
It's now a beta release, i will improve it and release the source code ASAP.

When you launch it goes silently in background, then when you wake up your device from standby the program activates showing its screen and locking your device until you slide the green button to the right of the screen. If nothing is done in 10 seconds the device goes to standby.
All is customizable via the config.ini file (colors, text, positions, bitmaps, ecc)

Please try it and let me now your impressions/suggestions.

Bye
Bit!

Starting screen:

Sliding... Please note the shining text at the bottom:

Download from here:
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock.rar

Respect! :) I move it to the \ResidentFlash\Program Files\TouchLock folder, and edit the bmp's urls in the config.ini. I replace the message to "csúsztasd, nyitom" (hungarian lang). I edit the time separator to ":" and date separator to "-". I create a shortcut to the \ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\Windows\StartUp folder (I edited the value of "HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell Folders\StartUp" registry key).

Feature request: I could not (would lik to) set the date formats.
Feature request: I prefer the slideshow as same as S2U2.

Little bug: The departure of the TouchLock is 1 sec late after I switch the machine power on.
Small bug: If use GMT+1, the time of the TouchLock is 21:45, the HP's 22:45.

Thank you for your perfect software!

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 24 nov. 2008 22:47:35
Go to Top of Page

EricP

Sweden
16 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  21:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry, i had no time to write a decent documentation. You can put it in any folder, then you should edit the file config.ini (which is almost self-explaining) to set your preferences and paths.

Hi Bit!

THIS IS FANTASTIC !!! GREAT WORK !!! Wonderful design !! No more empty battery worries !! I love my hPhone even more !!

(in case I make a hard reset, I've put it in the Games directory..:

EricP.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  23:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) Feature request: I could not (would lik to) set the date formats.
2) Feature request: I prefer the slideshow as same as S2U2.

3) Little bug: The departure of the TouchLock is 1 sec late after I switch the machine power on.
4) Small bug: If use GMT+1, the time of the TouchLock is 21:45, the HP's 22:45.

Hi sancho thanks for your prompt reply.
1) Added to the todo list...
2) Can you explain better what do you mean for "slideshow"? (i mean a sequence of pictured displayed one by one, but i didn't know s2u2 had such a function, probably because i could not try it personally ;-)
3) Already fixed, now it displays instantly
4) Already fixed

Plus i optimized further the memory allocation when in background, now the footprint is only 17kb, it caches the bitmap data in \temp directory (so you can find there some *_buff and *_alpha file, if you delete those file when the progam is running, at the next wake up the bitmap obviously will be displayed incorrectly)

Let me know, thanks!

Bye
Bit

Download the new version (1.1) from here:

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.1.rar

Edited by - bitblaster on 24 nov. 2008 23:40:01
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  09:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Can you explain better what do you mean for "slideshow"? (i mean a sequence of pictured displayed one by one, but i didn't know s2u2 had such a function, probably because i could not try it personally ;-)

Slideshow on S2U2: play jpeg (or gif) wallpapers randomly from picture folder. U can set this parameters:

* Wallpaper= (the path of the wallpaper or folder of wallpapers in portrait mode)
* WallpaperL= (the path of the wallpaper or folder of wallpapers in landscape mode)
* GifSpeed=5 (the display speed of the GIF wallpaper; 1 is the slowest; 10 is the fastest; 0 to use the GIF's origianl speed)
* WallpaperChangeTime=0 (the no. of minutes to change the wallpaper automatically; 0 to disable)
* WallpaperRandom=0 (change the wallpaper randomly; 0 to disable)

And more:

* ExceptionEXE1=VoiceCommander.exe (disable S2U2's auto lock when Voice Commander is running)
* ExceptionEXE2=AlarmPopup.exe (disable S2U2's auto lock when Spb's Alarm is running)
* WakeupDelayMS=100 (delay (in ms) to start S2U2 when the device is woke up. For SPB Mobile Shell user, a longer delay time is required, e.g. 300ms to let the S2U2 to lock the Now screen)
* ShowBattery=1 (show the full-screen battery only when charging; 0 to disable; 2 to always show)

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418#2

quote:

Thank you for your fast upgrade! ;) I'll try it!

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  09:26:39  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Little bug: try it: 1.) power off, 2.) power on 3.) power off 4.) power on and look at the black screen with some picture detail. (If you pick the black screen, the fullscreen picture is again load.)

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  19:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thank you for testing, here is a new updated version.
-Fixed the power on/off bug
-Added time and date format configuration
-config.ini file documented

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.2.rar

Bye
Bit
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  21:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bitblaster

Many thanks for Touchlock.
This has to be a definite "must-have" application for the Ipaq 3xx.
Well done.
Regards
Northpole
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  22:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I really like using Memory-Map software on my IPAQ 314.

There are 3 things that would make it better:-

1. Version 5 does not fit the screen fully without 1cm repeating/overlaping of the scrolled map, on the right-hand side of the screen.

2. Because of the high resolution of the screen, your position (circle) is now so small and difficult to see.

3. The MENU taskbar is small and cramped (squashed together) and impossible to use in a moving vehicle/aircraft.

These are probably issues within the original M-M programme, but has anyone found a fix for any of these issues?

regards
northpole
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  23:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ok thank you for testing, here is a new updated version.
-Fixed the power on/off bug
-Added time and date format configuration
-config.ini file documented

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.2.rar

Bye
Bit

Bug: I change the date format to yyyymmdd with "-" separator, but the TouchLock show the dd/hh/yyyy format.

Go to Top of Page

zafonica

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  23:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I tried search for the data_831_full.zip but could not get anything on google. Can you provide a link and details on what can be achieved with this file - Also Sanchez1234 good to see you back on the forums - have you updated your skin since you have been aqay ?

David

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by johnb

John, I have contacted HP and NavNgo. HP doesn't know anything about the iPAQ future and NavNgo says that to ask for support we have to ask to HP. Furthermore on Naviextras (I have subcribed too) the iPAQ310 is not included in the foreseen supported models. Appart I have contacted also with he providers of the speedcam database with similar result (always claiming that the problem is HP).

This is the reason because I claim that we are alone. Hopefully HP will support us giving us the chance to upgrade (really to solve the problems of a not finished software) our iPAQs via NaviExtras or wherever.

On the other hand there is a specific data.zip (search for data_831_full.zip) that cover all the screen sizes for iGO8.3XX and of course our resolution (maybe to cover Touch HD & Xperia).

I have checked that this work OK in our iPAQs and the huge screen at full resolution and the design of the iGO8 give an additional value to our PNAs

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  23:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sancho
i's not a bug, the available formats are listed in the comment in the config.ini file and yyyymmdd is not one of them. If you need it i can add this format. For the - separator sre you sure that the dateFormat row is not commented (with a ;)?
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  00:25:01  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

@sancho
i's not a bug, the available formats are listed in the comment in the config.ini file and yyyymmdd is not one of them. If you need it i can add this format. For the - separator sre you sure that the dateFormat row is not commented (with a ;)?

Please, add this format! :)

The "-" separator work without ";" ... ;) Thank you!

But the "TimeFormat=hhmmss" is not work!

Go to Top of Page

cfdezg

22 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  14:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zafonica

Hi, I tried search for the data_831_full.zip but could not get anything on google. Can you provide a link and details on what can be achieved with this file - Also Sanchez1234 good to see you back on the forums - have you updated your skin since you have been aqay ?

David

Here you have it, the link is taken from HD/Blackstone forums. Please note that is for iGo8.3xx

http://rapidshare.com/files/165215418/data_831_all.zip

iPAQ 314
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  14:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
#bitblaster

In your application TouchLock, would it be possible to show battery power charge level.

I think this would be an even more useful piece of information in the short time the app is on, perhaps even in place of date and time?

regards
northpole
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  17:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, version 1.21:

- added 2 date formats: yymmdd and yyyymmdd
- better text antialiasing
- fixed timeformat hhmmss bug
- fixed a bug with date formats having 2-char year (i.e. displayed 2008 instead of 08)
- added some ready-to-use themes (just copy config.ini.x to config.ini)

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.2.1.rar

Bye
Bit
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  17:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

#bitblaster

In your application TouchLock, would it be possible to show battery power charge level.

I think this would be an even more useful piece of information in the short time the app is on, perhaps even in place of date and time?

regards
northpole

Yes, i agree, added to the todo list.
However, in a few days, as the program will be more stable (and i clean a bit the code) i will release the complete source code in GPL license, so anyone can help improving it.
It was a good exercise for me to learn about direct screen writing with the Gapi (thanks to Jie Tang for th CeGraph library i started from) so it could be useful for writing other projects.

Bye
Bit
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  18:21:55  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bitblaster

LOL

Thanks a lot very nice software !
Thank you for promising a GPL release, I am very interested in learning from it.

Could you write a little 5-lines-text on the few INI lines concerning slider position and rectangle ?
I think I have understood most of them but a few lines would help.

EDIT: I did not noticed that now CONFIG.INI was commented. Thanks a lot.

Thanks
++++

Edited by - barbudor on 26 nov. 2008 20:09:19
Go to Top of Page

cowtown

4 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  19:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bitblaster,

I don't post much here but want to say THANKS for TouchLock.

I was thinking about getting rid of my 310 because I was tired of taking it out of my bag and realizing the battery was dead. Now that's not a problem!

Edited by - cowtown on 26 nov. 2008 20:21:42
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  20:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@all: thank you, I am happy that the program is useful to you, help me keep improving it.

Bit
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  20:30:44  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bitblaster,

How do you create the button BMP ?

Is there any colour which means transparency ?

I tried top make my own, same size as the arrow one, but I get a smaller file whatever image tool I used.
Instead of a 66KB file, I get a 50KB file and TouchLock doesn't want to read it.

If I use PainrShopPro XI, and I read your SlideArrow.bmp and write it back I get a 50KB file instead of 66KB.
If I use Paint, I keep the 66KB file.
But if within Paint I copy my own image and save, the files get 50KB.
And TouchLock does not accept it .....

Edited by - barbudor on 26 nov. 2008 20:57:40
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  21:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bitblaster,

How do you create the button BMP ?

Is there any colour which means transparency ?

No, there is a 8 bit alpha channel that controls the transparency.
So these are 32bit bmp (24bit image+ 8 alpha), the same kind used by igo.
I use photoshop but i think gimp is capable of managing these image too.
An alpha channel is like an invisible grayscale image of the same size of the visible image. A white pixel in this layer means that the corresponding image pixel is fully visible; a black pixel in this layer means that the corresponding image pixel is fully transparent; a gray value means that the image pixel is proportionally transparent.
This allows for perfectly blended pictures (altough it took a lot of time to me let the program display very fast this kind of image).
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  21:57:45  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bitblaster.

Paint Shop Pro 11 does not handles ARGB bitmaps.
I just installed GIMP and it works!!!!

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  22:38:46  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok, version 1.21:

- fixed a bug with date formats having 2-char year (i.e. displayed 2008 instead of 08)

Bye
Bit

A millions thank you! :) http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/ecards/nfg2687.swf

Little bug: The "hhmmss" time format dos not work (the same one shows, than in the other case).

Proposals:

a.) Prepare a separate lingual file (because I have to set the Hungarian variant always).
b.) Use relative file routes instead of the absolute routes (because everybody does not prefer the SD card).

Ave Bit! :)

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  23:23:52  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok, version 1.21:

Bye
Bit

Video about TouchLock 1.2.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLNyPoeONw

Go to Top of Page

clutterking

10 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  23:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get error "errore2: 112 800 480 2" when using touchlock; any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  23:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Video about TouchLock 1.2.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLNyPoeONw

Ahahahah LOL!

What do you mean for "Use relative file routes instead of the absolute routes (because everybody does not prefer the SD card)." ???
You can put the program folder wherever you want, it's not restricted to the sd card...

I'll investigate on the time format bug, i tested this morning and worked...

@clutterking:
when TouchLock starts it creates some temporary files (about 1mb) and stores them in the folder \temp. Probably you are out of space (the 112 is the error code, according to microsoft documentation "There is not enough space on the disk. " http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa450919.aspx

Bye
Bit

Edited by - bitblaster on 26 nov. 2008 23:56:24
Go to Top of Page

alehouse

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  23:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone please explain how i install the touchlock program please?? I just get a black screen with time/date on.

EDIT: I was also getting an error message, but as has been said above it was lack of space on the resident flash drive, had about 20mb but was not enough so increased it to 50mb, now works from CE but How can i get this working from the normal mode. I have added it to the games folder but it always comes up with an error code, I just get a black screen with time/date on.

Edited by - alehouse on 27 nov. 2008 02:11:57
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  23:57:19  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

What do you mean for "Use relative file routes instead of the absolute routes (because everybody does not prefer the SD card)." ???
You can put the program folder wherever you want, it's not restricted to the sd card...

Absolute: folder=\\ResidentFlash\Program Files\TouchLock\pix
Relative: folder=\pix

When you send a new release, I should change the urls of pictures. :)

Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  02:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memory-Map moving map GPS software:-

In my previous Memory-Map post, I mentioned that there was a repeating/overlap of map on the far right of the IPAQ HighRes screen, if a map was dragged around the screen.

Most users of M-M know that there is a green button on the left of the taskbar to minimise the taskbar, to show just a visible green dot. Pressing this green dot will then restore the taskbar.

I pressed the hide-taskbar button and to my surprise a circled + sign appears in the top right screen corner and a circled - sign shows up in the bottom right corner.

One can now simply touch the relevant corner to zoom in or out on the map.

This is very useful as one can set up follow-route, place the Direction-to-go-Arrow box in the mid right-edge screen position. Lock the current-position to centre of screen with padlock icon and hide the top taskbar.

This now makes it very useable during a flight.

Keeps your position within the screen limits but be able to zoom in and out on map to see surrounding areas with a light touch of your finger tip.

Still, I would like a bigger circle to show your position against the moving map.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  09:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by bitblaster

ok, i'll make them relative to the touchlock folder.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  09:55:41  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by bitblaster

ok, i'll make them relative to the touchlock folder.

Thank you thank you thank you... :)

Go to Top of Page

coolwind

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  15:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.. May someone please explain how to install new fonts permanently (to be used by new applications from the desktop)? Also, how do you make those desktop icons permanent? Where's the correct directory?

Many thanks in advance
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  16:00:09  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who can transform the MioPocket 2.0 pack into the HP 310? :) http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109690&whichpage=1

Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  16:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok guys, here is a new version:

- added smooth screen transitions when the device is unlocked and when TouchLock puts it in standby (because no user action)
- improved: changed bitmap path type: now it is relative to the TouchLock folder
- fixed: when the program unlocked the screen it always showed the taskbar. Now shows it only if previously was visible
- fixed: the variable name in the config file was case sensitive. Now they are case insensitive

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/TouchLock_1.3.rar

Ciao!

Bit
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  16:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who can transform the MioPocket 2.0 pack into the HP 310? :) http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109690&whichpage=1

Really a very interesting program, i'll try to get it running on 31x, it would be interesting to ask the source code to Osprey in case it doesn't run.
However i use WolfNCU, it runs good on 31x and as a lot of skin and features.
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  19:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bitblaster

I run my desktop bottom taskbar with autohide. Works ok with your Touchlock version 1.2

Under Version 1.3 the taskbar dissapears and I cannot "wake it up" or activate or find it.

Back to ver. 1.2 and all ok.

regards
northpole
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  20:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

bitblaster

I run my desktop bottom taskbar with autohide. Works ok with your Touchlock version 1.2

Under Version 1.3 the taskbar dissapears and I cannot "wake it up" or activate or find it.

Back to ver. 1.2 and all ok.

regards
northpole

thank you northpole, i'll investigate on it...
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1787 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  20:55:45  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I run my desktop bottom taskbar with autohide....

Works ok on my side.

bitblaster: suggested features if you have some time:
- CONFIG.INI variable for power-off delay
- accept no background (slider is draw on current screen whatever it is) (equivalent to a full transparent background but background BMP does not support transparency/ARGB)
- command line option to force reload of settings (while TouchLock is already running, to avoid having to kill it to force reading new settings).

+++ For your work bitblaster

Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  21:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bitblaster

Very Sorry. I just re-installed ver 1.3 TouchLock and works correctly. The bottom taskbar is there as before. ( Thanks also to Barbudor for the prompt )

Sorry again and thanks - it is beautifull !!
northpole
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  22:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

bitblaster: suggested features if you have some time:
- CONFIG.INI variable for power-off delay
- accept no background (slider is draw on current screen whatever it is) (equivalent to a full transparent background but background BMP does not support transparency/ARGB)
- command line option to force reload of settings (while TouchLock is already running, to avoid having to kill it to force reading new settings).

Thank you very good ideas, all added to the todo list!
Go to Top of Page

norbit01

3 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  23:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SANCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need your help....
You are a real hungarian man, maybe you know the way to have hungarian map on my ipaq310.
I have the map, but it doesnt work and next month I`ll fly to budapest!
email: norbit01@yahoo.es
Go to Top of Page

clutterking

10 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2008 :  02:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bitblaster

Is there anyway to save the Memory options under System Properties so they survive a device reset?

Thanks
The memory setting seems to stay after reseting now. I do have a "BITMAP NON CARICATA!" error though, any thoughts on that?

Great work, love this app.

Edited by - clutterking on 28 nov. 2008 02:59:43
Go to Top of Page

HybridX

6 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2008 :  04:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you should add an option in touchlock in the config.ini file so we can change the text in the slider.. because i don't have any idea of what it's written right now.. i'd like to put it in french or maybe in english! :P
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2008 :  09:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clutterking

bitblaster
The memory setting seems to stay after reseting now. I do have a "BITMAP NON CARICATA!" error though, any thoughts on that?

I've to translate in english the errors too :D
It means bitmap not loaded, as probably the path of some image in config.ini is incorrect.
Remember that starting from version 1.3 the path is relative to the touchlock folder.

quote:
Originally posted by HybridX
you should add an option in touchlock in the config.ini file so we can change the text in the slider.. because i don't have any idea of what it's written right now.. i'd like to put it in french or maybe in english! :P

There is alredy such an option, "message", that you can customize as you want.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2008 :  10:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all,
i post here 2 utilities i wrote for using bluetooth from any program capable of calling an exe, such igo8, scipt, ecc...

hp_bt is the main and multipurpose tool. It can start, stop, connect, query bluetooth and call.

hp_dial has the only purpose of calling the number passed as argument. Although this function is also available through the
main hp_bt tool, this requires passing 2 arguments (-dial number), which is not possible for some programs.

waitmessage.exe is a simple patched replacement for the little program present in \ResidentFlash\IPAQ\Bluetooth, so it doesn't show that annoying "Please wait" message anymore while bluetooth is starting.

If you are interested in, i can post some trivial skin mods i made to igo8 to be able to call a poi number and switch on/off bluetooth.

Have fun!!!

Bitblaster

Download from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/hp_bt1.0.zip
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2008 :  11:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norbit01

SANCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need your help....
You are a real hungarian man, maybe you know the way to have hungarian map on my ipaq310.
I have the map, but it doesnt work and next month I`ll fly to budapest!
email: norbit01@yahoo.es

I can't help, because if you don't have licence for hungarian maps, you can not use it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,98 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05