Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2241

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  15:25:12  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 310 clears all root file data (Program Files, My Documents, Windows folders) but it seems to have a persistent registry file somewhere on the flash. So theoretically you could prevent Oasis from starting, replacing it with something like DoNothing.exe .

There is a setting in one of the sys.txt files that allows you to add an exit button to nav.exe

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

azcaddman

24 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  16:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you boot celauncher first, then start Itaskmgr before Nav.exe, you can use itaskmgr to close NAV.

However, I have found that if you try to navigate to contacts, they do not show up in the list (but are there if you let it boot into oasis)
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  17:30:50  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, Oasis starts a few daughter processes, including Contacts lookup

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  00:48:12  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@poordoc2007 - I did not manage to do he alpha keyed .bmp picture (for the buttons) to save, and for you?

What does the white WinCE button do? :)

A what kind of screencapture do you use?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 12 janv. 2008 00:50:08
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  00:59:23  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I described earlier you can use ActiveSync Remote Desktop Control for screenshots. Or my ScreenShotCE program which allows to do continuous shots directly on the device.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

poordoc2007

2 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  03:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sancho- Actually, I just used 'paint' program from Win XP. Cut and paste photos on the button design. I think the Alpha keyed BMP may be better, but I have not tried. WinCE icon takes me to CECMD. I use Resco PicView and enclosed ScreenCapture program to get the screen shot.
http://www.resco.net/windowsce/photoviewer/default.asp

@Ibendlin- Thank you for your help on the Terminal Service. How to I get BT DUN working with it? Have you had any success in getting the BT to work? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  04:04:39  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BT DUN is still a no-go. Have a try with the BlueSoleil trial stack (although it is much outdated).

When I used the terminal service I was connected via ActiveSync. I know, pretty lame. But at least I could see that it works.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  04:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin,

I tried enabling the exit button in the sys.txt before. At least on my old defective unit, it placed a red 'X' on the bottom center of the settings screen of the Oasis menu. Clicking it brings up a prompt asking if you really want to quit Oasis. If you hit yes, the device just reboots. Nav.exe has a white 'X' in the bottom right corner, but this just takes you back to Oasis and doesn't really close nav.exe.

At any rate, I got my replacement unit, and so far it has been much better behaved than my original one. I was able to hook up to USB reliably a few times, no fiddling necessary, and do a full backup. Best of all, the unit appears to wake up from suspend mode. The 3D racing game is also MUCH smoother than before, and general responsiveness in the GPS app seems better than my old unit. The screen also no longer flickers when USB is plugged in (I started noticing this on my defective unit).

Now to go back and try some more custimizations and see how badly I can 'corrupt' the device, as UncleBen would say.. =).

Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  10:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I discovered a new file with some hidden settings. It's under IPAQ\NAV\Save\system.ini.

Most of these settings are in the UI, but there are some I couldn't find. Most importantly to me, by setting terrain_in_2d=0, I no longer see the terrain graphics in 2D map mode! This makes it MUCH faster when zooming in and out. No more waiting for the graphic tiles to redraw themselves! While it does look pretty to see the terrain, I prefer snappier response to map zooming and dragging though it's still not as silky smooth as my Mio was, but not bad. I also disabled textured_poly, which might also help speed up the 3D map view. I didn't notice any visual differences, but I had all of the 3D terrain and buildings turned off anyway.

There are also autotilt settings. I haven't played with them yet, but it seems like you can disable autotilt in 3D mode all together. You can also set how far the min and max zooms are. If you like a 'heading up' view but wish it was farther zoomed out, you can increase the autotilt_maxzoom3d value. No idea what the units are though. Similar parameters for smart zoom.

I still don't get the deal with the backlight, overview zoom distance, and date format settings though. These don't seem to stick. I plug in USB in mass storage mode, edit the system.ini file, safely stop the USB, remove cable, then the device does a quick reboot (not the full one) and just restarts nav.exe. When it does so, the backlight settings just come up randomly, overview zoom reset to default, and date format too. Weird. I wonder if you make the sys.ini file read only if it will force the restarting app from overwriting your original settings? You won't be able to change any on the fly though...

Edited by - sprog on 12 janv. 2008 10:51:58
Go to Top of Page

anymal

23 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  19:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please post step-by-step instructions how to install TCPMP on this iPAQ. I have googled extensively but yet to find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance.;
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  20:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sprog, if you can figure out how to modify the road colors, that would be GREAT! There's a bit too much yellow everywhere if you ask me. I would also be interested in adjusting the zoom functions a bit. Especially when on "full screen". I feel it's zoomed in too much with the tilt, but I wouldn't want to totally lose the horizon...

IGO8... IS GREAT!

Edited by - JohnCougar on 12 janv. 2008 20:52:47
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  22:02:47  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The standard iGo customizations apply - you can change everything in the data.zip - but don't forget your backup!

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  22:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

As I described earlier you can use ActiveSync Remote Desktop Control for screenshots.

@lbendlin:

This is not work with HP iPAQ 310: [note by gpspassion -tried to shorten the link with tinyurl but must have gotten mixed up, sorry)
It cannot connect onto the 310.

Which version is for you? Where I find it?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

sprog

83 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2008 :  00:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sancho,
That link goes to a removed Ebay listing? If you want to run Remote Display Control (control the HP from your desktop PC), you can search for the file remotedsp.exe. You used to be able to download it from Microsoft's site as part of Pocket PC power toys, but I can't seem to find any direct links anymore. You install it through ActiveSync. It will put the cerdisp program on the HP and a client viewer program on your desktop. Start the desktop client, then run the cerdisp program on the HP, just click the default buttons I think, and connect, and you should see your HP display on your desktop now.

@anymal,
To install TCPMP, just copy the .cab file over to the device and double-click it from the device.

I did some experimenting, and I've found that the video player that comes with Oasis is actually better than TCPMP (Oasis probably has better optimized MP4 codecs?). I had a file that I encoded with Xvid at 800x440 (native res of the HP so no resizing needed) and restricted the video bit rate to around 150kbps. There was no audio. TCPMP was quite a bit choppier than the built-in player and the colors looked much better on the built-in player as well. Image quality was amazing, but there were still a few frames dropped with the Oasis player.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93956 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2008 :  00:48:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My bad for the link, I added a note.

Did you use the benchmakr feature of TCPMP, I put my results last week, it didn't too badly at 640x480 with the 1500kbps Matrix trailer.

How does one get a 800x440 file ? That's pretty much HD, at least for the width.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05