Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2216

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 08 oct. 2008 :  19:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gavilan

Sorry, but not easy at all, i have spent hours on this stupid thing and for what, in reality,
it is a sub par piece of ****, very easy for you to say, READ, It is not described in this thread
at all. i have trolled through all 128 pages.

OK registry entry to change the sd card name, every time i try to export the registry so i can search, it crashes, this is a frustrating, and in the end not worth it. eBay you are about to have a new listing for this buggy crashing POS.

I know i will be labled a troll or whiner, but for the effort required, this device does nothing well.

Sorry but i had to vent.

You really shouldn't expect tomtom to run correctly on a WinCE device as tomotm is designed for Windows Mobile (PocketPC).
It will run if you use the 'patched' version of the executable...and maps that you've paid for.
I have it on mine as an experiment but I prefer the nav software that came with the device..it just looks so much better. There are features missing though - avoiding parts of the route for instance (I can't figure out how to do it!). But there are features that make it worth using - bluetooth handsfree (device connected through my stereo), mp3 player, video player.
If HP continue to update this product it will be great....here's hoping.
I posted some time ago on this forum on where to find the patched version of the executable..try searching for posts with my username.
You will run into trouble getting it to run if you don't completely disable the inbuilt software as the power/screen timeouts cause tomtom to freeze. Set them to never in the comtrol panel.
I personally think it's a great bit of kit (even if it needs a reset every now and then - but so does my HTC Kaiser!).

P.S. You don't need to rename your SDcard. I left my SD card alone with the map folder on it and copied the tomtom executable (Tomtom Navigator.exe) to the resident flash.

Edited by - anonymouse on 08 oct. 2008 20:03:37
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 08 oct. 2008 :  22:54:24  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zazan

Or use the uBook: http://www.gowerpoint.com

Hi Sancho,
I can't make work uBook on ResidentFlash. It stucks when I press .exe file after installation.
I've tried to put in uBook folder different aygshell.dlls, but with no success.

If I install it in Program Files folder it works fine till first reset, as expected.
please advise what to do.
thanx

I installed it to the \GAMES folder and use this DLL:
http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/AYGSHELL_for_uBook_WinCE_5.0.zip

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 08 oct. 2008 22:55:25
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 08 oct. 2008 :  23:24:36  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitblaster

Hi, i've just patched that annoying waitmessage.exe, so the "Wait..." message when bluetooth is starting is gone!
Please download, test it and let me know, thanx.

Bit

http://www.filedropper.com/waitmessage

I tried it. This does crashing the machine. I put back the original .exe, but the machine crashes since then. What was that? :(

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  01:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

quote:
Originally posted by zazan

Or use the uBook: http://www.gowerpoint.com

Hi Sancho,
I can't make work uBook on ResidentFlash. It stucks when I press .exe file after installation.
I've tried to put in uBook folder different aygshell.dlls, but with no success.

If I install it in Program Files folder it works fine till first reset, as expected.
please advise what to do.
thanx

I installed it to the \GAMES folder and use this DLL:
http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/AYGSHELL_for_uBook_WinCE_5.0.zip

thanx for the response. but no success. the system freezes after double click on exe file.
which version of uBook do you use?
cheers
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  01:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sancho:
this is very strange... I simply patched the way the original exe created the full screen blue window.
However i've HP 314, perhaps the version that comes with 316 is different in some way. Can you please upload you original exe so that i can "diff" it against mine?
thank you
Bit
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  02:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sancho:
works fine. had to install 2008d version of uBook. many thanks for dll.
cheers
Go to Top of Page

snordlund

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  17:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I messed up badly. I was editing my data.zip file as usual, and SOMEHOW my "default_skin_rle"and "default_skin" folders got deleted! GPS software won't start without them. If someone could get me backups, or any fix that would be awesome.

Thanks allot.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  17:51:35  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
reinstall via the content manager

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

snordlund

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  18:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't that just add/remove maps/content?
Go to Top of Page

zazan

13 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  19:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I use original iGO 8 on my device.
I’ve made changes in registry, canceled nav folder without deleting it and now I’m getting to iGO pressing big navigation button.

The problem is that when I’m getting a call a phone application pops up and iGO minimizes and there’s no way to get back to the program again. A small arrow icon in the middle of the bottom bar and a big navigation button don’t respond. Only way to get back to iGO is Total Commander.

I’ve tried to find a configuration for theses buttons in ResidentFlash/IPAQ/OS/data.zip but didn’t succeed.

May anybody help to solve this problem? It will be fantastic.
cheers
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  19:10:33  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no, you can reinstall the app too.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

snordlund

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  19:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It says "HP iPAQ Travel Companion 310 Series (Application) is not removable." There is no re-install option, and uninstall option is disabled (gray)
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2008 :  02:27:42  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drag the app from the left window to the action window on the top right, then run the actions

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2008 :  06:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An off-topic question: what image viewing app are people using when not running Oasis? I've got the Microsoft imageviewer.exe installed, but I'd like to zoom in and use the stylus to scroll around (like OziCE). Any recommendations (+ what DLLs needed). Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bitblaster

Italy
118 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2008 :  14:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@DoctorWkt: try MMCE, by far the best (and free) windows ce image viewer, fully customizable and with a lot lot of options. It is the picture equivalent of TCPMP. The original version was in Japanese, but Geared2003 translated it in english.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44016961/MMCE_July20.zip.html
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05