Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2008 :  15:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More questions. Anybody tried to alter the Opera configuration? I want to increase the font size for dialogs etc., and the icons. I tried doubling the size of most of the images in standard_skin.zip, but it didn't work. Not sure why yet. This page outlines how to change the fonts used by Opera: http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/#fonts, but there are no examples which I can use to try out on the 310. Ideas anybody?
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  00:09:24  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Secondary Direction with Speedlimit for HP iPAQ 31x by SANCHO

http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/Sancho-secondary-direction-with-speedlimit.zip

### 1. STEP ###

Create a backup of your data.zip!

### 2. STEP ###

Open this file with notepad (or Total Commander) for editing:

"\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\NAV\data.zip\ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui"

Copy these lines to the clipboard:

; Secondary Direction SANCHO
<SPRITE xxx bmp="$diricon.spr" x=48 y=276 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.secondary_direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_direction_id.valid">
<SPRITE xxx bmp="$exitnums.spr" x=57 y=20 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.secondary_exit_id" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_exit_icon.valid&ui.bSecondManeuver">
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=86 y=285 w=65 z=10 font="FtraBd__" fontsize=18 color=#00234b align="CENTER" textmodel_wstr="navigation.secondary_distance_to_manuver_diff.full_text" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_distance_to_manuver_diff.valid&!ui.vRouteCalculation">
; Speedlimit SANCHO
<SPRITE xxx bmp="$speed.bmp" x=7 y=276 z=100 phasemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit.valid"> ; visiblemodel="gps.position_valid">
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=13 y=285 w=28 z=101 L2R=1 align="CENTER" font="FtraBd__" fontsize=18 color=#00234b textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit.valid"> ; visiblemodel="gps.position_valid">

Look for the following layer: "<layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>" and paste the code before the next "</layer>".

### 3. STEP ###

Copy the "SPEED.BMP" image to the "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\NAV\data.zip\ui_hp_sagan\common\" folder with Total Commander.

### 4. STEP ###

Replace the "hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" image at "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\NAV\data.zip\ui_hp_sagan\800_480\" folder with Total Commander.

(The others are available here if the format of the picture is not good: http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/hp_cockpit_bg.zip)

### 5. STEP ###

Start your HP iPAQ 310, and create a route. And enjoy it! :)

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 25 juil. 2008 09:32:35
Go to Top of Page

rcruz

9 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  02:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rockblock

quote:
I named it iPIE as for iPAQ Image Explorer
Any way... here's the URL... try it out.

http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/

Regards,

//rcruz

rcruz, this is excellent !!! smtg I've been looking for a while...now I can see poi_mapclose.bmpwhere all the POI icons are stored ! ...now maybe you can explain to me how to do 2 things:

1. remove transparency
2. change icon colors (get rid of the gray background)

Cheers !

Oh, and one more thing...do you know what relationship exists between poi_mapclose.bmp and poi_table.bmp...if making changes to icons, do you need to modify them in both files?

@rockblock

Hi rock, sorry for the late reply.

As for your questions:

1) remove transparency
Well, you don't really have to change poi_mapclose.bmp to do this.
the only transparency this image holds it's the poi's icon rounded corners.
the transparency you see when displaying on iPAQ is in fact defined on poi_mapclose.spr.
it looks like this:
BmpFlags = 0
DefFlags = ALPHA_PIXEL | ALPHA_LAYER
DefPhase = 1
Stripes = 50
DefAlpha = 16

Here you can change the DefAlpha setting, that changes the icon's transparency (I think you can simply remove this setting from the file).

2. change icon colors (get rid of the gray background)
Well, this image is not layered. The gray is not a background, is how the image was composed in the first place.
If really you want change the poi icons you can:
- redraw all the 76 icons (don't think so... :P)
- use a image editor program (PhotoShop, Corel PhotoPaint, etc.) to manipulate the colors and tones of the global image.
To do this, my advise if for you to use iPIE to save the image as PNG, so you don't lose the rounded corners transparency.
After manipulating it, just save it and use iPIE to convert it back to RLEBitmap format (iPAQ).

3) do you know what relationship exists between poi_mapclose.bmp and poi_table.bmp...if making changes to icons, do you need to modify them in both files?
Sorry, but I don't know that.
For me to know that I would have to modify poi_mapclose.bmp and see if that was enough.
...and I think you are going to do that already. :P

Hope this helps. Keep in touch.

//rcruz
Go to Top of Page

preytor

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  04:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sancho, is it possible to include the 'city' where the 'street' appears? in specter's mod, the current street is on the bottom area and the next street is on the upper area. i'm wondering if its possible to include the city also.

thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2008 :  11:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by preytor

sancho, is it possible to include the 'city' where the 'street' appears? in specter's mod, the current street is on the bottom area and the next street is on the upper area. i'm wondering if its possible to include the city also.

thanks!

Yes. I would like to change the positions of all text (city, street).

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  06:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnb

You can create routes or POI in GoogleMaps and then export them to kml files using the GoogleMaps plugin at http://www.markus-bader.de/navigation/stationlistexport.php4. The kml files then just need to be copied to the iPaq\NAV\content\userdata folder on the iPaq.
The tracks appear under Nav Extras - Trip Planner

Hmm, I tried this and it didn't work. The \ResidentFlash\iPaq\NAV\content\userdata folder didn't exist, so I created it. I made a route, used the plugin to make a kml file, copied it to the \userdata folder, but my Nav Extras - Trip Planner remains greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  09:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The folder iPaq\NAV\content\userdata should contain two subfolders, poi and route.

The route kml needs to be in iPaq\NAV\content\userdata\route

If you create a POI that needs to be in iPaq\NAV\content\userdata\poi By default the new POI will in the POI | Around GPS in a subfolder Stationliste of a folder called Stationliste.kml

Edited by - johnb on 25 juil. 2008 09:46:07
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  12:38:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnb

The folder iPaq\NAV\content\userdata should contain two subfolders, poi and route.

The route kml needs to be in iPaq\NAV\content\userdata\route

Thanks johnb, that was the bit I was missing; it works now!
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2008 :  13:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics
- inserted the second indication of turn
- inserted limit of speed
- (new) you insert the indications of direction (those that appear in highway... so much to understand us!)
- (new) indication of prohibition of turn

You must replace / copy the compressed files.
link: http://rapidshare.de/files/40078406/ui_hp_sagan.zip.html

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 25 juil. 2008 14:02:31
Go to Top of Page

rockblock

23 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2008 :  16:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) remove transparency
Well, you don't really have to change poi_mapclose.bmp to do this.
the only transparency this image holds it's the poi's icon rounded corners.
the transparency you see when displaying on iPAQ is in fact defined on poi_mapclose.spr.
it looks like this:
BmpFlags = 0
DefFlags = ALPHA_PIXEL | ALPHA_LAYER
DefPhase = 1
Stripes = 50
DefAlpha = 16

Here you can change the DefAlpha setting, that changes the icon's transparency (I think you can simply remove this setting from the file).

@ rcruz - thx for your feedback...I've tried playing with DefAlpha but it doesn't make any difference, whether I remove the line completely or just change the value...I'll try mocking around with the other ones, see if it helps. Thx
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2008 :  17:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter or any other mod crack familiar with the EFM mod

(EDIT: Solved a few things, but not all!)

I have successfully installed EFM, with specters addition of having time and speed displayed on the right bottom all the time. EFM is absolutely great, and really improves the 314!

Now I have the following questions, maybe you can help (please):

(SOLVED) - is it possible to add GPS altitude to the right bottom box (where speed and time is)?
(SOLVED) - the street displayed at the top overlaps the volume icon... I want the volume control, but how to avoid that the street displayed intermingles with the volume icon?
>> - the volume icon remains static, not as originally, where the volume button becomes the brightness icon after the second tap, allowing for brightness control. Is it possible to have the "original" functionality of the volume/brightness combo?
(SOLVED)- the street names aren't displayed on the same level as the icons on the top, but above. Would it be possible to align icons and street displayed?

... and yet another question to everybody...

... with regard to sound/voice.

I found out how to disable the *bing* before every voice announcement (namely remove the nav_ding sound).
But I find the "GPS signal lost" message in every tunnel really annoying, does anybody know how to remove that silly announcement?

Thanks again !!!

Simon

Edited by - simima on 27 juil. 2008 17:16:58
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2008 :  20:45:40  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mauro.dvr

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics
- (new) you insert the indications of direction (those that appear in highway... so much to understand us!)

Please, upload/share a sample screenshot about your skin! Tnx! :)

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 26 juil. 2008 20:46:09
Go to Top of Page

SACHA4321

France
24 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2008 :  21:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,
this refers to the post from DoctorWkt on page 83 :
as a new ipaq user, i found your link to the wiki about customization ... a excellent idea and a lot of usefull stuffs
thanks so much ; i try it now

Edited by - SACHA4321 on 26 juil. 2008 21:52:14
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2008 :  04:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SACHA4321

hello, this refers to the post from DoctorWkt on page 83 : as a new iPaq user, I found your link to the wiki about customization ... an excellent idea and a lot of useful stuff. Thanks so much.

You are welcome. I just added an entry with johnb's details about making routes with Google Maps. Feel free to join the wiki and add new entries/modify existing entries, so that we don't have to keep reading through all 100+ pages of the forum all the time!
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2008 :  07:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to the EFM cracks...

I have solved a few issues in conjunction with the absolutely great EFM mod, namely:
- a lot of finetuning, such as aligning and redistributing buttons
- adding the battery indicator

But two problems resist all my trials, whatever I do, I can't resolve them:

- (described above already) The volume button doesn't work as on the other screens: it remains there after the second click, unlike on the other screens, where the brightness icon appears.

- (SOLVED) I wanted to rearrange the onscreen quick buttons in order to avoid the buttons interfering with the EFM items. HOWEVER changing the coordinates of the buttons doesn't seem to help, and I have absolutely no clue why. Modifying the coordinates of the quickmenu (EFM mod) works, but the other buttons resist... ?????
(EDIT): Found that navigatemap overruled the y-coordinates set in navigatemap_800_480 (not the x coordinates!!!). Funny, but solved.

Thanks for your help.

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 29 juil. 2008 00:08:31
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2008 :  17:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

Please, upload/share a sample screenshot about your skin! Tnx! :)

@ Sancho1234
for images: http://www.adivor.it/forum/f23/skin-per-hp314-8269/#post74050
Go to Top of Page

gabx

Hungary
11 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2008 :  17:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sancho, do you think mauro's skin would work on our Hungarian 316 version or it's not even worth a try... I am a bit afraid to try it and somehow brick the device.

The skin is very-very nice though, thanks and congrats mauro (and all the daring skinners/modders out there, who take the risk for us)!

HP IPAQ 316
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2008 :  08:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics
- (new) inserted block road

With a click on the icon in low of the menu (to dx):
- simple click block road
- long click cancels the block

link for file (complete): http://rapidshare.de/files/40105380/data.zip.html

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV12R7q9][/url]

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx19c9QJ][/url]
[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1cs5v9][/url]

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 04 août 2008 17:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  00:26:03  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look at my HP 310! Under my skin... ;)

Use my data.zip (unzip and copy to \NAV folder): http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/myskin/200807292350.zip

Changelog (build 200807292350)
- lighter header and footer
- always fullscreen mapview
- compass (click on the icon: hide the layer of directions)
- speed limit icon
- 2nd direction icon and distance value
- the next street and the current street on the header
- and a little bit cosmeticized on the original surface

Enjoy it! :) http://youtube.com/watch?v=X--QWXGjXfg

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 30 juil. 2008 00:31:48
Go to Top of Page

rcruz

9 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  13:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sancho

haven't tryed it out but it looks really great, sancho.

excelent work!

//rcruz
Go to Top of Page

gabx

Hungary
11 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  13:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried it and it IS indeed great :-) Nice work.

HP IPAQ 316
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  16:09:01  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gabx

I tried it and it IS indeed great :-) Nice work.

I continue it! ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  16:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gabx

Hi Sancho, do you think mauro's skin would work on our Hungarian 316 version or it's not even worth a try... I am a bit afraid to try it and somehow brick the device.

The skin is very-very nice though, thanks and congrats mauro (and all the daring skinners/modders out there, who take the risk for us)!

I don't know it because I prepare own leather for myself. :-D

Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2008 :  16:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks great Sancho.

Keep it up.
Go to Top of Page

max666

1 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  09:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[NOTE BY ADMIN - MIND THE FORUM RULES - SEE DETAILS IN PM]
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  16:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Along the route search" function I would like to rearrange it from the iGO8 one into the HP 310 one. The code is too complicated however. Somebody can show all of the codes what is needed for this?

Go to Top of Page

patruns

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  18:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sancho, looks great! But I see 316 in the path. Is that for a 316 or a 310, or does it work with both?

Pat

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  20:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by patruns

Sancho, looks great! But I see 316 in the path. Is that for a 316 or a 310, or does it work with both?

Pat

Yes, (i think) my skin-mod works on all 31x. Create a backup your device before use my skin! :)

Go to Top of Page

guitarslinger

9 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  20:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Sancho: Great skin, I tried your skin and have 2 questions:

1)which lines of code relate to the speed limit & 2nd direction info + icon?
2)how did you get to increase the font size for the map streets (not the header)?

thanks

Edited by - guitarslinger on 01 août 2008 21:01:11
Go to Top of Page

guitarslinger

9 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2008 :  20:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

@ mauro: love your skin too...have a few questions regarding which lines of code relate to the following info & img:

1) Img.2: arrows indicating hwy lanes
2) img.2: left corner box for both directions

Also, with img.3: is that a completely zoomed out image of your current map or is that a different map? If so how did you achieve this? thanks
Go to Top of Page

flyegg

1 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2008 :  02:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a problem when using an 8G SDHC card with the CELauncher.exe.

The system go to OASIS directly after reboot. However, if I connect IPAQ 310 to the PC via USB cable and reboot, this can lead me to the CE system. If I disconnect the USB and reboot, IPAQ would go to OASIS again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2008 :  13:46:22  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
boot problems seem to be common with SDHC cards. Use a SD card to boot up and then swap the cards.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2008 :  14:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ciao,
as it is possible to attach a photo in this forum?
Go to Top of Page

patruns

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2008 :  16:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny, Mauro's skin imgages page has links for acne treatments and skin moisturizers......
Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2008 :  23:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have Memory-Map V5 running on Ipaq 314. = Moving-map flight GPS with CAA Charts.

Have played for last 2 evenings with a view to put M-M digital Air charts on my Ipaq314.

I use them as a PPL pilot on my Tablet PC, my IPAQ HX4700HX, and on a Road Angel Adventurer 7000. (not all at the same time).

The screen resolution is superb with map clarity and size much better than the RA Adventurer.

The task bar is a bit small and there is a slight problem on right 5mm of screen as it repeats screen image if you move the map around. I think it wants to place a vertical scroll bar on right of screen.

Once you set it running with 'plane' position centred,(M-M padlock on) it is great.

Have some photos of the screen including track, sats on-line, and map list.
Dont know how to post a couple of the photos on this forum. (Could send them to a moderator) if it would help.

Would not have achieved this so far without your excellent help with the advice on placing CECMD on unit, running in CE mode and enabling Active-Sync with USB serial-class.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  00:17:57  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the issue with the right part of the screen is probably due to M-M expecting a 640x480 screen

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  03:26:10  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

great job on the skin. It is starting to look more and more like Igo8. I really like the lane info arrows you added.

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  06:45:56  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mauro.dvr, you need to make a small change to your hp_sagan.ini file to make the street names and street icons smaller. listed below:

FILE: project_config/hp_sagan.ini

This will keep the street names and road signs from becoming very large after this update. It will keep them at the normal size.

BEFORE:
roadsign_lines_per_screen=11

AFTER:
roadsign_lines_per_screen=16

Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  11:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mauro.dvr

Great skin, congratulations.
Is it possible to take away the phone, music and contact icons on the middle left side?
And do you plan an english version (I'm not that good in italian)?
Do you have a list of the changed files (such that I could introduce only those in my data.zip?

Thanks
-Simon
Go to Top of Page

goon-heaven

3 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  12:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mauro.dvr

I have used your skin on a couple of trips - excellent.

I would like to see 2 changes made.

1. The Speed Limit made solid - hard to see; and integrated alongside actual speed, and moved across to middle left side of screen.

2. Lane indicator panel - I prefer this to be shown on the left under the next move.

This would then give me all the important driving information on top-mid left screen.

Please point me at where I should make the neccessary changes.

Keep up the good work.

Goon.
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  14:46:27  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarslinger

@ Sancho: Great skin, I tried your skin and have 2 questions:

1)which lines of code relate to the speed limit & 2nd direction info + icon?

<SPRITE xxx bmp="$diricon.spr" x=46 y=276 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.secondary_direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_direction_id.valid">
<SPRITE xxx bmp="$exitnums_23.spr" x=55 y=285 z=11 phasemodel="navigation.secondary_exit_id" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_exit_icon.valid&ui.bSecondManeuver">
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=84 y=285 w=65 z=10 font="FtraBd__" fontsize=18 color=#00234b align="CENTER" textmodel_wstr="navigation.secondary_distance_to_manuver_diff.full_text" visiblemodel="navigation.secondary_distance_to_manuver_diff.valid&!ui.vRouteCalculation">

quote:

2)how did you get to increase the font size for the map streets (not the header)?

thanks

Specter wrote:

BEFORE: roadsign_lines_per_screen=11
AFTER: roadsign_lines_per_screen=16

:)

Go to Top of Page

guitarslinger

9 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  20:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx Sancho !

Edited by - guitarslinger on 05 août 2008 20:55:48
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2008 :  21:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

Great job! :)

How could I unlock the blocked road?

Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  12:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sancho1234

I have also implemented the blockeds road with the possibility to save the changes in a new menu.
Just ended the graphic part I make her/it available.
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  12:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by specter

mauro.dvr, you need to make a small change to your hp_sagan.ini file to make the street names and street icons smaller. listed below:

This will keep the street names and road signs from becoming very large after this update. It will keep them at the normal size.

BEFORE:
roadsign_lines_per_screen=11

AFTER:
roadsign_lines_per_screen=16

thanks
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  12:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simima

mauro.dvr

Great skin, congratulations.
Is it possible to take away the phone, music and contact icons on the middle left side?
And do you plan an english version (I'm not that good in italian)?
Do you have a list of the changed files (such that I could introduce only those in my data.zip?

Thanks
-Simon

in navigatemap_800_480.ui, in the layer: <layer ui_fullscreen z=50>
the lines for the phone, music and contact icons are:
;--- telefono
<BUTTON xxx x=70 y=210 z=10 bmp="map_call.bmp#2" onRelease='HP_OPEN_BT_APP "dialer"'>
;--- contatti
<BUTTON btnNMH_CompletedWPList x=-6 y=210 z=10 bmp="map_contact.bmp#2" onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_KML_Itiner' enabledmodel="!other.hp.completed_waypoints.list.isempty">
;--- musica
<BUTTON xxx x=-6 y=140 z=12 bmp="header_btn_music.bmp#2" onRelease='HP_GOTO_OASIS "addon_media" "main" 1'>
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  13:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goon-heaven

mauro.dvr

I have used your skin on a couple of trips - excellent.

I would like to see 2 changes made.

1. The Speed Limit made solid - hard to see; and integrated alongside actual speed, and moved across to middle left side of screen.

2. Lane indicator panel - I prefer this to be shown on the left under the next move.

This would then give me all the important driving information on top-mid left screen.

Please point me at where I should make the neccessary changes.

Keep up the good work.

Goon.

in navigatemap_800_480.ui, in the layer: <layer ui_fullscreen z=50>
Go to Top of Page

rclements

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  14:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job mauro.dvr .. the bad thing is that it doesn't work on my 314 ..
I get an error message while loading ..

It's not just replacing a zip file .. too bad..

Anyone with an 314... it looks like im the only one.. :-(
Go to Top of Page

rclements

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  14:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
simima maybe you can help me ... will you share you're data.zip .?
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  20:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mauro.dvr
Thanks - your files are so excellently documented, it was easy to find it myself already. Great skin! If I push the topmost button on the right side, I get an error message, but the program continues to run normally after that, so no big problem.

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 07 août 2008 21:29:38
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  21:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New to this iPaq device here... Is there a summary link here to any of the major advances to customization of this device? This thread is overwhelmingly large. Perhaps I could look into a wiki of some sort?

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

Rizzio

France
1 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  21:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the Wiki you're after...

http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310

Go to Top of Page

rclements

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  07:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Simima...get right on to it... you got both the data.zip files to work on you're 314 after the latest update from HP ?
Go to Top of Page

rclements

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  08:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simima... got an error on Data_simima.zip :
FFUIERROR: Unknown object identifier Identifier=[ui_fmap]
Script "sc_original_mapsize"command 18 at tick 65535

data_mauro_dvr.zip doesn't boot also ...the error:
FFUIERROR: Inknown layer referenced Identifier=[UI_Fullscreen]

What shall I do ? HELP !
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  09:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rclements

?!? That is surprising. Both data.zip work flawlessly on my 314, and I had them running on a 310 as well, which worked also.

I'd suggest you reinstall the original data.zip first and see if that works (I doubt that though). And then I'd try to reinstall the entire update again, to assure an integral installation. Be sure to make the right update, according to the serial number ending (#BAN or alike).

Hope that helps...

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

TheGaurdian

8 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  14:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarslinger

quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

@ mauro: love your skin too...have a few questions regarding which lines of code relate to the following info & img:

1) Img.2: arrows indicating hwy lanes2) img.2: left corner box for both directions

Also, with img.3: is that a completely zoomed out image of your current map or is that a different map? If so how did you achieve this? thanks

Mauro, I'd also like to know lines relate to the highway lane indicator. thanks!
Go to Top of Page

rclements

Netherlands
19 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  15:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@simima

It Works ! ... Deleted everything on the ipaq ..installed the update from HP (took 2 hours), and replaced the original data.zip..

Thanx man !
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  17:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TheGaurdian

Mauro, I'd also like to know lines relate to the highway lane indicator. thanks!

in navigatemap_800_480 in layer you use (in mine skin is: <layer ui_fullscreen z=50>) insert lines:
;--- indicazioni di direzione
<SPRITE sprLaneInfo x=250 y=80 w=300 h=51 z=10 align="CENTER" visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.car_pos_valid">

in data\ui_hp_sagan\common insert this file: http://rapidshare.de/files/40181161/laneInfo.zip.html
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  18:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am again coming back to the site after a mnth or two and am amazed by the new skins :)

@ mauro.dvr - I have twi small questions :

1. Where do I start :) to use your latest skin ? Is it just a matter of replacing the data.zip to your data.zip ?

2. How I can I remove phone / music icons... ? I need only the volume/brightness icon to be on main page
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  20:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k000

I am again coming back to the site after a mnth or two and am amazed by the new skins :)

@ mauro.dvr - I have twi small questions :

1. Where do I start :) to use your latest skin ? Is it just a matter of replacing the data.zip to your data.zip ?

2. How I can I remove phone / music icons... ? I need only the volume/brightness icon to be on main page

hello k000,

1)replacing the data.zip with a new.

2)in navigatemap_800_480.ui, in the layer: <layer ui_fullscreen z=50>
the lines for the phone, music and contact icons are:
;--- telefono
<BUTTON xxx x=70 y=210 z=10 bmp="map_call.bmp#2" onRelease='HP_OPEN_BT_APP "dialer"'>
;--- contatti
<BUTTON btnNMH_CompletedWPList x=-6 y=210 z=10 bmp="map_contact.bmp#2" onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_KML_Itiner' enabledmodel="!other.hp.completed_waypoints.list.isempty">
;--- musica
<BUTTON xxx x=-6 y=140 z=12 bmp="header_btn_music.bmp#2" onRelease='HP_GOTO_OASIS "addon_media" "main" 1'>
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  22:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the promt response... is this the latest file location

http://rapidshare.de/files/40078406/ui_hp_sagan.zip.html

Also - is there a way to easily change the route color (which is purple now) ?

I am totally psyched about trying it if not tonight, over this weekend :)

Thanks again :)
Go to Top of Page

bobschebaldi

14 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  23:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Does anyone know of any games that can be played on the ipaq. i dont really want to buy games, only to find they dont work.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

goon-heaven

3 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2008 :  23:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey bob,

this whole forum topic is dedicated to playing the only game outatown: "wherethef**karewe"

goon
Go to Top of Page

bobschebaldi

14 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2008 :  08:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goon-heaven

hey bob,

this whole forum topic is dedicated to playing the only game outatown: "wherethef**karewe"

goon

funny. i suppose people trying to get other apps like web browsers, media player etc also count as navigation. very helpful reply, gimp
Go to Top of Page

goon-heaven

3 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2008 :  09:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi bob,

I'm sorry - you are absolutely right. Hope you get more helpful answers.

gimp.
Go to Top of Page

Masheryau

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2008 :  18:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I wonder if any one has seen this behaviour before.
I have a 314 and the TTS voice goes funny if I connect it to the car hifi.
Its dropping words and the speach goes crackly.
I have to reboot the 314 to get it back to normal.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2008 :  21:02:20  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One would assume that most PDAMill games will work on the 31x.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

hnaht

2 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  08:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by lbendlin

press the wheel , push the reset button, keep the whel pressed for at least ten seconds until the engineering mode comes up.

use extreme caution, you can brick the device by selecting the wrong entry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the engineering mode and acidentally activate the item 11.
I turn it off and now the device is not turning on.
Is the any way to fix it or, as you say, I have a brick now?

Regards,
Joselito Maciel.

quote:

try getting back into engineering mode.

I have same problem of acidentally activate the item 11.
But I can get into engineering mode. How to recover it
Some body please help me.
Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

rsaffell

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  15:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by northpole

Have Memory-Map V5 running on Ipaq 314. = Moving-map flight GPS with CAA Charts.

Have played for last 2 evenings with a view to put M-M digital Air charts on my Ipaq314.

I use them as a PPL pilot on my Tablet PC, my IPAQ HX4700HX, and on a Road Angel Adventurer 7000. (not all at the same time).

The screen resolution is superb with map clarity and size much better than the RA Adventurer.

The task bar is a bit small and there is a slight problem on right 5mm of screen as it repeats screen image if you move the map around. I think it wants to place a vertical scroll bar on right of screen.

Once you set it running with 'plane' position centred,(M-M padlock on) it is great.

Dont know how to post a couple of the photos on this forum. (Could send them to a moderator) if it would help.

Would not have achieved this so far without your excellent help with the advice on placing CECMD on unit, running in CE mode and enabling Active-Sync with USB serial-class.

Go to Top of Page

rsaffell

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  16:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Northpole

This is excatly what I wish to do with my iPAQ 314. I currently use a Mio 168 and the screen is not bright enough in a cockpit. Any tips for how to proceed? Did you load the MM maps onto an SD card?

Thanks rsaffell

quote:
Originally posted by northpole

Go to Top of Page

northpole

32 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  17:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello rsaffell

Have the Ipaq running in CE mode, ( forum page 27 shows how to fire up to CE mode) and USB setting in control panel set to Serial Class.

ActiveSync on PC should see it and then connect with ‘No Partnership’.

Download a clean copy of MM Win CE from

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/downloads/Memory-Map_CE.zip

extract the contents it in a folder on your pc so you can find later.
This is ver 5.2.7. build 800. (works on a Road Angel Adventurer using COM6).

In this download - change Com6 to Com7 in SETTINGS/GPS_params (double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Save it back .

Copy the folder contents into Resident Flash / OS/ Games

I have it sitting in a folder Games/MMap

The next bit is a bit hazy on how to activate it on the IPAQ. It was late at night and took me several attempts.

I think I used the latest version of Memory Map 5 software on PC i.e. Ver 527 build 891 available from MM site.

Within this version there is a Mobile Device/ License Management option.
Use that to activate the Software on Ipaq.

BE AWARE - If you reset the Ipaq back to standard road operation it is a pain because you loose the activation - and have to reactivate.

I therefore do not at present change it back to OASIS - normal road mode.

You can see if the software is active by looking at Menu, GPS, Satellites. If it is not greyed out then it will work.

I will try to refine and write up the process. I think you might be able to place it all in root of resident flash just by using latest Memory Map 5 software on PC i.e. Ver 527 build 891 and activate it there.

To start the programme double tap on the blue-yellow Memory-Map_CE icon in Games/MMap folder.

Wish list:- would like to have a larger red-flashing position cursor as the high screen resolution makes it small to see. Also would like it black and or the velocity line to be black.

The right 5 mm of screen repeats as the MM is not set for 800x480.

Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  23:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for the promt response... is this the latest file location

http://rapidshare.de/files/40078406/ui_hp_sagan.zip.html

Also - is there a way to easily change the route color (which is purple now) ?

I am totally psyched about trying it if not tonight, over this weekend :)

Thanks again :)

I picked up the right file from page 102 :

http://rapidshare.de/files/40105380/data.zip.html from your post dated 7/29

Hopefully that is the latest one...

If you have a later date's file - please do let me know.

Also - how do I go back to 'Home' or Route Info from your skin... and is there a volume adjustment icon there ?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  11:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics
- insert the indications of direction (those that appear in highway... so much to understand us!)
- indication of prohibition of turn
- (new) inserted e complete block road
- (new) inserted new panel for flyover control

link for data.zip: http://rapidshare.de/files/40201299/DATA.zip.html

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 13 août 2008 21:08:35
Go to Top of Page

hnaht

2 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hnaht

quote:
quote:

press the wheel , push the reset button, keep the whel pressed for at least ten seconds until the engineering mode comes up.

use extreme caution, you can brick the device by selecting the wrong entry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the engineering mode and acidentally activate the item 11.
I turn it off and now the device is not turning on.
Is the any way to fix it or, as you say, I have a brick now?

Regards,
Joselito Maciel.

quote:

try getting back into engineering mode.

I have same problem of acidentally activate the item 11.
But I can get into engineering mode. How to recover it
Some body please help me.
Thanks a lot.

Is there anyone help me please?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  18:21:54  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try item 10

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  21:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mauro.dvr

I have tried to include your great lane indications into "my" skin (actually it is EFM, but modified) - I can't get it to run, although I did exactly what you wrote:
quote:

in navigatemap_800_480 in layer you use (in mine skin is: <layer ui_fullscreen z=50>) insert lines:
;--- indicazioni di direzione
<SPRITE sprLaneInfo x=250 y=80 w=300 h=51 z=10 align="CENTER" visiblemodel="map.follow&navigation.car_pos_valid">

in data\ui_hp_sagan\common insert this file: http://rapidshare.de/files/40181161/laneInfo.zip.html

(The ZIP file is meant to be extracted, right?)
I'm almost sure there must be some code elsewhere... can you help, please?

@anybody knowing help
I have asked that question, but nobody has reacted. I am trying to include the volume/brightness button into my skin, but the thing is VERY stubborn and does not display the brightness button at the second push, like the original does. I have the same code... no clue what is wrong.

Thanks

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 10 août 2008 21:23:06
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  21:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@simima
You insert the line in the layer: <layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>
and it simulates a run in highway.
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 10 août 2008 :  21:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@simima
You insert the line in the layer: <layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>
and it simulates a run in highway.

Thanks... Hmmm, I have mine also in layer ui_fullscreen, as I try to introduce the lanes in the EFM... not sure if that is the reason, as the ui_fullscreen is my "main" display routine...

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  14:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ mauro.dvr

1. How do the lane indications work - is the green colored box lane the lane that we should be in ? and the maroon ones that I should not be in ?
2. I could not find volume icon on your great skin... is there a way I can replace the phone/contacts etc with volume and home icons ?
3. How do I jump to Route details, i.e, I want to read next 5-6 steps of the route - how do I access them ?
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  14:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@ mauro.dvr

1. How do the lane indications work - is the green colored box lane the lane that we should be in ? and the maroon ones that I should not be in ?
2. I could not find volume icon on your great skin... is there a way I can replace the phone/contacts etc with volume and home icons ?
3. How do I jump to Route details, i.e, I want to read next 5-6 steps of the route - how do I access them ?

1) when in highway are it is activated alone. You must take the green indication
2) and 3) next implementation
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  15:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mauro.dvr

The lanes still don't work, no clue why. I'm running the EFM, so I guess the lanes must be in ui_fullscreen as well (like yours). Still can't get it to work :-/
If you get the volume/brightness to work in EFM, I'll draw my hat... this is THE problem I can't solve, see my posts above.

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  18:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

mauro.dvr

The lanes still don't work, no clue why. I'm running the EFM, so I guess the lanes must be in ui_fullscreen as well (like yours). Still can't get it to work :-/
If you get the volume/brightness to work in EFM, I'll draw my hat... this is THE problem I can't solve, see my posts above.

-Simon

@simima
attach me your date.zip
ciao
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  19:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mauro

Thanks!!! Here: (removed - outdated)

Other question: I have your speed limit incorporated, too... how to make it less transparent?

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 11 août 2008 23:55:05
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  22:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@mauro

Thanks!!! Here: http://www.diabemata.com/direct/files/HP314/data_efm_simima.zip

Other question: I have your speed limit incorporated, too... how to make it less transparent?

-Simon

you excuse a lot, I have seen now that it missed a part of the code...
this is the correct procedure:

1)in navigatemap_800_480 (in layer ui_fmap for EFM MODE), insert this line:

2) in navigatemap.ui in <script init>, insert this lines:
ATTACH_LANEINFO sprLaneInfo "$laneinfo.ini"
sprLaneInfo.SHOW

3) in navigatemap.ui in <script sc_RefreshScreenAfterViewPreset>, insert this line:
sprLaneInfo.SHOW

4) in navigatemap.ui in <script sc_MapClicked> insert this line:
sprLaneInfo.HIDE

5) copy this file in: ui_hp_sagan\common
http://rapidshare.de/files/40181161/laneInfo.zip.html

I don't have words for this mine stupidity!

@simima
now it works!!
sorry

for speedlimit:

<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=665 y=376 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="center" alpha=15 fontsize=30 color=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit.valid">

<SPRITE sprSpeed bmp="$speed.bmp" x=658 y=358 z=0 alpha=15 phasemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed_limit.valid">

you eliminates alpha=15

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 11 août 2008 22:31:02
Go to Top of Page

toy4x

4 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  23:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mauro.dvr,

This is the way it should have looked out of the box!! Great Job!

I tried Spectre's data. and everytime I pushed 2D, I got a run error.....I do not get this with yours. I also tried Sancho's data, but prefer your layout and look much more.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  23:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@mauro.dvr

Thanks!!! I'll try the mods tomorrow, but I'm almost sure it will work now. It would have been very difficult for me to find the missing code... needle in a haystack, the saying goes.
Now let's see if you master the stubborn volume/brightness button

-Simon

P.S. Will post the modified data.zip plus pictures, if anybody is interested.
Go to Top of Page

Ebi-Wan

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  14:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ simima

yes I am interested! Thanks in advance!

Ebi-Wan

iPAQ 314, htc p3600, FuSi N520, iGo8, MN6, PathAway, TTQV, OziCE, GPSTuner, Tracky.
Go to Top of Page

bobschebaldi

14 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  18:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me interested too!
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  20:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MY SKIN POST

People have asked me to post my skin, which I can do of course. I use THIS post to post screenshots and the respective data.zip file.
This thread is already overly long, so I will change THIS post, and not add further posts when I release a new version.

As said, my skin is based on specters (and others) EFM mod, plus some additions, mainly those seen at mauro.dvr's skin. So thanks to those people!

DISCLAIMER:
I'm still working on the skin, it is a permanent bricolage project. I haven't discovered serious bugs, but that may depend on your device (mine is the 314 model, #BAN). So please BACKUP THE ORIGINAL DATA.ZIP before installing this one. Note also that the code is not very well commented (well, the HP original files aren't well documented either ).

SCREENSHOTS(s):

FILE:
Note that the file is called data.zip, BUT THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL HP FILE but my modified one of course.
http://www.diabemata.com/direct/files/HP314/data.zip

NOTES:
Note 1: The funny icon on top right... call this a workaround... it's the original volume/brightness functionality, but as written earlier, I can't get the brightness icon to appear as on the original screen.
Note 2: mauro.dvr's lane indications are implemented too, but not shown on the screen (they should show up on the highway). Haven't tested them yet, so you may expect misplacement.

Have fun, and suggestions are always welcome of course.

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 13 août 2008 18:07:55
Go to Top of Page

TheGaurdian

8 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  21:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

you excuse a lot, I have seen now that it missed a part of the code...
this is the correct procedure:

sprLaneInfo.SHOW

3) in navigatemap.ui in <script sc_RefreshScreenAfterViewPreset>, insert this line:
sprLaneInfo.SHOW

sprLaneInfo.HIDE

5) copy this file in: ui_hp_sagan\common

I don't have words for this mine stupidity!

@simima
now it works!!
sorry

Sweet, i've add all the lines and I "think" I have it right. The only part i was a bit confused was the first step. I didn't know where to add the lines of code because i couldn't find the ui_fmap layer. My data.zip file is in stock form and this layer is probably part of your skin. So as your previous post said I made a new layer (<layer ui_fullscreen z=50>) and put the code in there. Hopefully it works when I test it out on my 310 at home. thanks for everything so far!

Edit: Well I just simulated a route that should have made it appear, but nothing, so I must have done something wrong...

Edited by - TheGaurdian on 12 août 2008 23:34:40
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  09:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just bought iPAQ 314 and tried Simimas data.zip. Unfortunately, this config seemed to kill my brand new device... there came up some FFUI error and afterwards the iPAQ just gave beeps if I touched the screen.

However, I managed it to boot from SD-Card with Total Commander and copied another working data.zip to the device and violà, my iPAQ is restored.

My question is: how can I remove those vertical separators in the bottom of the screen? They do not match the text displayed in the lower left corner... I already removed the blue bars and got the iPAQ to display full screen.

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Regards,

Werner
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  09:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Werner

Puh... don't know what went wrong with my data.zip, it shouldn't do that of course (and it never did on my device). Do you remember what the exact error was?
Did anybody else experience problems?

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 13 août 2008 09:50:52
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  09:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

O.k., thanks for your interest...
As said, my skin is based on specters (and others) EFM mod, plus some additions, mainly those seen at mauro.dvr's skin. So thanks to those people!

Here are two screeshots:

Top is with the quickmenu shown (the quickmenu is displayed upon tap on the screen and disappears again after 3 seconds or so)
Bottom is with the large turn icon displayed. As in the EFM mod, the large icon disappears when tapped, and reappears upon screen tap.

Note 1: The funny icon on top right... call this a workaround... it's the original volume/brightness functionality, but as written earlier, I can't get the brightness icon to appear as on the original screen.
Note 2: mauro.dvr's lane indications are implemented too, but not shown on the screen (they should show up on the highway). Haven't tested them yet, so you may expect misplacement.

So here's the file: http://www.diabemata.com/direct/files/HP314/data_EFM_simima_20080812.zip
Of course, you need to rename it to data.zip ...
Disclaimer: I'm still working on the skin. I haven't discovered serious bugs, but that may depend on your device (mine is the 314 model, #BAN). So please BACKUP THE ORIGINAL DATA.ZIP before installing this one.

Have fun, and suggestions are always welcome of course.

QUESTION: Can anybody quickly indicate where in the code the big direction icon (top left) is handled... I want to move it slightly. Thanks.

-Simon

Hi, I have an iPAQ 314, too, but your data.zip caused an error "FFUI..." while booting...

How did you remove the vertical separators in the bottom of the screen? They are quite useless...

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Werner
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  09:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Werner

Puh... don't know what went wrong with my data.zip, it shouldn't do that of course (and it never did on my device). Do you remember what the exact error was?

-Simon

Hi,

sorry for the doubled posting... I don't know the exact error because it disappeared so fast... I guess there was an "08" (zero eight) in the message...

Sorry... but I was so happy again after I restored the iPAQ, therefore I am not so sure if I should try it again...

Regards,

Werner
Go to Top of Page

stabito

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  09:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Werner

-Simon

I got a FFUI error, too.

In my case, it was due to the lack of some lane_vpsim.* (don't remember the name exactly) in the ui_hp_sagan/800x400 directory.
After copying these files from Mauro's data.zip, it worked flawlessly.

stabito

Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  10:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.k. thanks, it seems that there is still a but somewhere in the lane direction part, which I couldn't test... So I will remove the file for now and try to fix it.

@mauro.dvr: There seems to be still more to the lane mod, as suggested above (some files in the 800x480 directory, too). I'll try to find them.

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 13 août 2008 10:11:18
Go to Top of Page

stabito

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  10:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

O.k. thanks, it seems that there is still a but somewhere in the lane direction part, which I couldn't test... So I will remove the file for now and try to fix it.

@mauro.dvr: There seems to be still more to the lane mod, as suggested above (some files in the 800x480 directory, too). I'll try to find them.

-Simon

Just checked it again.

I had to put the files from Mauro's laneInfo.zip into ui_hp_sagan/800x480 not in ui_hp_sagan/common as suggested previously.

stabito

Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  11:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stabito

quote:

-Simon

Just checked it again.

I had to put the files from Mauro's laneInfo.zip into ui_hp_sagan/800x480 not in ui_hp_sagan/common as suggested previously.

stabito

@stabito: I received your mail and copied the files into Simon's data.zip but still getting the FFUI error...

However, I am more interested in getting rid of the vertical separators at the bottom of the screen. How can I do that?

Nevertheless, I love the design of Simon's iPAQ!

Werner

Edited by - ipaq314traveller on 13 août 2008 12:08:37
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  13:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@simima

as you have done to attach the images in the forum?
thanks
Go to Top of Page

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Quote from simima:
QUESTION: Can anybody quickly indicate where in the code the big direction icon (top left) is handled... I want to move it slightly. Thanks.

You can change the vertical position of the direction icon in the fullscreen mode in the script <script sc_Full_MapSize> towards the end of the navigatemap.ui file (from the "common" folder). Here the vertical position is set in the line: "ui_cockpit.y -76" (the line directly under 'run sc_cockpit_show'). Increasing the y value (e.g. to -30) will move the direction icon down. I have not yet looked where the x-value is laid down.
- roeka

Edited by - roeka on 13 août 2008 13:12:22
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  13:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@simima
as you have done to attach the images in the forum?
thanks

@mauro.dvr
I have my own server space... so the files are there, just referencing them with the BBCode IMG tag.
Can you confirm stabitos finding with regard to the file location (800_480, not common)?

@ipaq314traveller and others having troubles with my data.zip
Can you tell me *precisely* what FFUI error do you get? I'm still trying to localize the bug and get the lane indicator working.

@roeka
Thanks! I'll find it with that indication, I know where it is now. I stumbled over oversetting of the y-values (and only the y) to the original definition along the modification of the quickmenu already.

ONE MORE QUESTION: I intend to change the speed limit sign to a behaviour of the indicated speed: I want the speed color to change to e.g. red when an overspeed condition is detected. Does anybody have an idea on how to accomplish this or did anybody stumble over the right piece of code to be modified? Thanks....

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 13 août 2008 17:32:53
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  18:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New to the ipaq here...

I notice that many of the modifications/skins do not include a phone icon on the main map page. Does that mean that modifying the skin or data.zip removes the hands-free bluetooth operation?

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  21:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics
- insert the indications of direction (those that appear in highway... so much to understand us!)

eureka... finally of the serious photos.
Go to Top of Page

toy4x

4 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  22:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mauro...

On 310

Flyover button: sometimes it works, other times it acts as if you tapped the screen, or acts like blinking red point.

Menu button: I think it should be a bit bigger

everything else works perfectly.

Edited by - toy4x on 13 août 2008 22:06:34
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2008 :  06:44:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

Hi,

looks absolutely great! But there is some italian text on some buttons. Will they stay italian in my german iPAQ 314?

Moreover, unfortunately, I do not have access to rapidshare in the office. Could you upload your data.zip to here?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Werner
Go to Top of Page

sca15

2 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2008 :  18:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new in this forum, and I've read all the tread of IPAQ 310
I have a problem with my 314 model
I copy the entire of "C310Auto.zip" into the SD Card and Modify my Registy of Windows CE with the files Mitac.reg, Shell.reg.Taskbar.reg and Time.reg , with the Regedit.exe \Programs\utils .. after that my Ipaq don't Boot, it looked in HP screen and do nothing
I tried with clean CEMCD in SD card anf don't boot too , if I Plug the ipaq to the PC the PC don't recognize my unit but have a problem with USB i think it is the usb-class but i don't change it because the unit Is in HP Screen
any Sugestion to do with my Ipaq? i try to download the last UPDATE from HP 39109.exe i can Intall that ?
What I can I do ?
Tanks ans Sorry for my Poor English, I read better than I write IT
TNX ;)

Edited by - sca15 on 14 août 2008 18:18:22
Go to Top of Page

TheGaurdian

8 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2008 :  21:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-Simon

Just checked it again.

stabito

Humm, not sure if anyone saw my post on page 106 (last post of the page) but maybe the lane indicater screen isn't working because I haven't extracted the contents of the laneInfo.zip...i thought that was a little odd.
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2008 :  23:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGaurdian

quote:

quote:

-Simon

Just checked it again.

stabito

Humm, not sure if anyone saw my post on page 106 (last post of the page) but maybe the lane indicater screen isn't working because I haven't extracted the contents of the laneInfo.zip...i thought that was a little odd.

what skin do you use?
Go to Top of Page

TheGaurdian

8 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  00:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My skin is stock - unmodified from the factory
Go to Top of Page

Saint327

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  02:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Use my data.zip (unzip and copy to \NAV folder): http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/myskin/200807292350.zip

- speed limit icon

Wow and nice! HP are you seeing this?

Is the lane information contained within 310 Maps or not? If it is, do you think you might implement a lane suggestion indicator at some point?

Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  03:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been successful with unlocking/desktop apps such as MioPocket? Or, does the resolution not allow for this tool?

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  10:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint327

quote:

- speed limit icon

Is the lane information contained within 310 Maps or not? If it is, do you think you might implement a lane suggestion indicator at some point?

This does not work on my german 314... always same error... "FFUIERROR: Error=8" keeps on resetting endlessly

Just like with Simon's skin...

This is very frustrating....
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  10:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGaurdian

My skin is stock - unmodified from the factory

if you attach the skin, i modify it
Go to Top of Page

Paronsoda

4 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  11:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ipaq314traveller: Have you applied the latest update for the 314? I'm running Sanchos skin without any problem on my 314 (Swedish, but should be the same as yours I think). I had to download the upgrade from the HP web, as I never got it through Content Manager.
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  11:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paronsoda

ipaq314traveller: Have you applied the latest update for the 314? I'm running Sanchos skin without any problem on my 314 (Swedish, but should be the same as yours I think). I had to download the upgrade from the HP web, as I never got it through Content Manager.

Hi,

I tried the download several times directly from HP but the file seemed to be corrupted... after download I started the file and it says me that some files are not ok and I should download again... and again... and again...

So I gave up...

Go to Top of Page

Paronsoda

4 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  12:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you need to have the version from 7 March 2008, to be able to run these new modified skins.
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  13:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paronsoda

I think you need to have the version from 7 March 2008, to be able to run these new modified skins.

I tried to download SP39108.EXE (German OS & MAP upgrade) from the original HP site up to now for 4 to 5 times. Either the download stops at 1.3 GB or it goes till the end. However, in both cases I get a corrupted file or at least the application tells me that the setup us corrupted.

I will give it a last try today in an internet cafe. They have a fast connection to the internet and 1 hour internet is just 1 €. If this fails I will give up and send the iPAQ back to the seller due to the incompetence of HP.

Maybe someone here can send me a DVD with the files from SP39108 so that I can manually copy the files to the 314?

oh Lord... all this is such a kind of bad customer service from HP... until I got my 314 I was very happy with HP Support but this is sooooooo catastrophic.

Edited by - ipaq314traveller on 15 août 2008 14:24:23
Go to Top of Page

Paronsoda

4 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  14:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or try another file, I think the only difference is the language for the installer. I used the the Dutch one.
Go to Top of Page

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  15:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the selection of the update file the crucial thing is that the SKU numbers are matching. You have to checkout, which of the update files is designed for your SKU number (indicated in the release notes), if this is right it will work. Ignore the language information (Dutch, French, German etc), what counts is the matching of the SKU numbers.
Go to Top of Page

miltonadams

1 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  16:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also trying to decide between the Mio C520 (or C720) and the iPaq 310. Which one did you go with?

Why did you decided on the one you choose?

Have you unlocked it and are you using it with other applications?

What other questions should I be asking?

Thanks for sharing your advice.

Milton

Maybe this little bit off topic, but I'm seriously need advices. I'm going to buy PNA but I can't decide which one should I go with, Mio C520 or iPaq 310. I've read the guide to unlock Mio C520 and that device can install more navigation softwares, which is the main point I concern. Should I go with C520 with stable features, ie bluetooth, or iPaq 310 with more hardware features.
quote:
Originally posted by pat_ty

Maybe this little bit off topic, but I'm seriously need advices. I'm going to buy PNA but I can't decide which one should I go with, Mio C520 or iPaq 310. I've read the guide to unlock Mio C520 and that device can install more navigation softwares, which is the main point I concern. Should I go with C520 with stable features, ie bluetooth, or iPaq 310 with more hardware features.

PS. I'm doing a research and have a plan to buy one of these in 2 months.

Go to Top of Page

sca15

2 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  18:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where I Can download a ROM For Ipaq 314?
i Brick my Unit with the 11 Option of Engineering mode i can restore the NAV with anything ?
Tnx
Go to Top of Page

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  19:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so's everyone with tomtom knows......version 7 is working on the 314.
Remember...google is your friend....however try searching for this;
note_prj.dll tomtom 7

Please make sure you purchase the maps as we don't wan't them to go under!
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mocha VNC for WinCE
http://www.mochasoft.dk/vncce.htm#older

This is a cool VNC Client for HP 310!

- WinCE support
- fullscreen support
- auto zoom support
- fast working
- fine scroll mode

I test via ActiveSync, but I could not test over Bluetooth PAN.

Install:

- download it: http://www.mochasoft.dk/mvncce.zip
- unzip
- run and install via Active Sync
- OR run and copy the .cab from AS folder and run on HP 310
- install to the \ResidentFlash\Program Files\ folder
- create a connection via AS to PC
- run the VNC Client

:)

... but not free... :(

My sample pictures:

http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/Mocha_VNC/display_1.png
http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/Mocha_VNC/display_2.png
http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/HP_iPAQ_316/Mocha_VNC/display_4.png

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 15 août 2008 22:23:06
Go to Top of Page

klingklang

40 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  04:00:22  Show Profile  Visit klingklang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heed help. I'm trying to connect a cardo scala bluetooth headset. My Ipaq 310 see it, display "cardo hesdset" but can't do nothing after. does not ask for pairing code, does not find service, nothing. Can it be done?

HP310: HP support: hello? hello? anybody home?
Magellan 4250: a mistake
Invion 4V106: still my best
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  06:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been successful in using other licensed nav applications on their ipaq? Specifically, I'd be interested in MN6. Thanks...

HP 310
Go to Top of Page

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  10:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by klingklang

heed help. I'm trying to connect a cardo scala bluetooth headset. My Ipaq 310 see it, display "cardo hesdset" but can't do nothing after. does not ask for pairing code, does not find service, nothing. Can it be done?

Your trying to connect headset to a headset! The Ipaq connects to phones like a headset and can do some call triggering.
See here for adding more BT services;
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/AddBluetoothServices
Go to Top of Page

anderin

3 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  11:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi anonymouse:
I have the same problem than klingklang, I want to connect my motorcycle helmet bluetooth with the pna, but nothing.
I don't know how to add a bluetooth service with the information in http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/AddBluetoothServices
Go to Top of Page

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  12:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anderin

Hi anonymouse:
I have the same problem than klingklang, I want to connect my motorcycle helmet bluetooth with the pna, but nothing.
I don't know how to add a bluetooth service with the information in http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/AddBluetoothServices

The problem is the the bluetooth stack on the ipaq is limited. You need to remember that the ipaq IS a handsfree kit. You cant connect a handsfree to a handsfree! The link above gives some extra functionality to the BT so you can connect it out over gprs etc (using your phone as a modem) but a complete stack update would be required for anything else.
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  13:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDITED BY ADMIN : Discussion of software obtained illegally is against the forum rules. Thanks.

Edited by - pioorkis on 16 août 2008 13:02:40
Go to Top of Page

anderin

3 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  13:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDITED BY ADMIN : Discussion of software obtained illegally is against the forum rules. Thanks. – Account suspended
Go to Top of Page

klingklang

40 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  13:43:28  Show Profile  Visit klingklang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Your trying to connect headset to a headset! The Ipaq connects to phones like a headset and can do some call triggering.
See here for adding more BT services;
http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/Ipaq310/AddBluetoothServices

It is for my helmet too! I saw that previously but I dont know what to do with that. Plese help

In the bluetooth dir, in the cfg.ini file, I tried changed the default DEFAULT_DEVCLASS=3 DEFAULT_DEVCLASS=0 (pocket pc) but did not see any change. Can with the above link and that cfg file and some tweaks have that works?

[DEFAULT]
TL=BCSP_COM
DEFAULT_DEVNAME=HP
DEFAULT_DEVCLASS=3
DEFAULT_VISIBLEMODE=1
ACTIVESYNC_ENABLE=1
DUN_AUTO_STARTIE=1
SHOW_DESKTOP_ONSTART=1
DEVICE_CHANGE_EVENT_TYPE=2
HANDSFREE_PROFILE_ROLE=1
DIALOR_KEYPAD_STYLE=0
DEFAULT_LANGNAME=3084

;TL CAN BE USB
;TL CAN BE H4_COM,BCSP_COM
;TL CAN BE USER_DEF

;DEFAULT_DEVCLASS value and related type:
;0 --- Palm-Size PC, Pocket PC
;1 --- Mobile Phone
;2 --- HandsFree Device
;3 --- Headset Device

HP310: HP support: hello? hello? anybody home?
Magellan 4250: a mistake
Invion 4V106: still my best
Go to Top of Page

anonymouse

19 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  14:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to disable the backlight dim feature...it's messing with tomtom (bought and paid for!). Booting into CE and then tomtom and the issue is not there. Boot into oasis and it's back. Trouble is that I quite like the oasis interface!
I tried editing the sys.txt file in OS but it just got stuck in boot loop.
I'm guessing it's in the data.zip file somewhere.....!
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  15:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint327

quote:

- speed limit icon

Hi,

I managed it to update the 314... it took app. 8 hours...

The above skin ist almost perfect and it works on my 314 very nice!!! I tried to implement the lane info to it following those instructions:

sprLaneInfo.SHOW

sprLaneInfo.SHOW

sprLaneInfo.HIDE

5) copy this file in: ui_hp_sagan\800_480

However, the lane info is not shown. What can be done?

Edit: mainly this is the problem:

I don't have the mentioned layer in my navigatemap_800_480.ui...

Where do I have to put the code??????

Thanks in advance!

Werner

Edited by - ipaq314traveller on 16 août 2008 15:27:18
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  15:40:07  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just in case anyone missed it - Softmaker Office 2008 beta for Windows CE

http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofc_en.htm

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Kopek8

3 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2008 :  17:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Szia Sancho,

I have the compass from yureshi, it is on the left/middle side of the screen. How do I move it to the top bar?
Koszi szepen.
Go to Top of Page

St8kout

2 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2008 :  05:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mauro:

Outstanding work,esp with the turn box showing next 2 turns. Looks and works great. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ipaq314traveller

10 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2008 :  10:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Updating of my skin.

Changes
- new graphics

Hi mauro,

could you post all the files related to your lane info as ZIP file here? I tried to get the laneinfo to work with Sancho1234's skin but there are files missing from the ZIP file I received from stabito.

This would be very nice!

Thanks in advance!

Werner
Go to Top of Page

malc_p

7 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2008 :  16:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is gonna read as pretty dumb but - I'm new to this thing, I want a couple of changes and thought this would be the ideal forum.
Have to admit it looks like what I need, but for now it's melting my brain so could I ask a simple question, as I want to start looking at home-made mods:
for a starter, so I can look at the steps involved, could someone post (or email me privately) a 'howto', including simple explanations, of inserting the speed limit sign?
This should help me get a handle on where to look & the reasoning behind each action.
Coding holds no mysteries for me, I'm a database programmer and grok several languages, I've just never looked at the scripting languages on CE or similar, I'm more of a Unix man!
I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

johnb

29 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2008 :  18:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by malc_p

I know this is gonna read as pretty dumb but - I'm new to this thing, I want a couple of changes and thought this would be the ideal forum.
Have to admit it looks like what I need, but for now it's melting my brain so could I ask a simple question, as I want to start looking at home-made mods:
for a starter, so I can look at the steps involved, could someone post (or email me privately) a 'howto', including simple explanations, of inserting the speed limit sign?
This should help me get a handle on where to look & the reasoning behind each action.
Coding holds no mysteries for me, I'm a database programmer and grok several languages, I've just never looked at the scripting languages on CE or similar, I'm more of a Unix man!
I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

You'll see some examples of coding to make changes on the first page of this forum. There are others at http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/

The speed limit code is (probably) documented on one of the other (later) pages of this forum.

If you click on Printer Friendly at the top you'll get the whole forum in one document and can search that.

Edited by - johnb on 18 août 2008 18:20:22
Go to Top of Page

jjordanov

13 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2008 :  05:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I am using my GhpS (hp+GPS :) ) with transparent menus and changing color of the next/current street, current speed, etc is not enough. I can see you guys have learned a lot and I am sure you know how to help me:

How do I do texts appear "glowing" - like the street labels on the map? I want to change the current speed, distance to destination, next street, etc.

I am sure you will find it a way much quicker than me... :)

Thanks

Edited by - jjordanov on 19 août 2008 05:17:00
Go to Top of Page

sjimmie

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2008 :  09:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjordanov

How do I do texts appear "glowing" - like the street labels on the map? I want to change the current speed, distance to destination, next street, etc.

Add glowsize and change colors, like:
fontsize=30 glowsize=2 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000

Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2008 :  18:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is the correct procedure for everybody, because it creates a new layer for laneinfo.

1) in navigatemap_800_480 insert this line:

<layer ui_laneinfo z=50>
</layer>

2) in navigatemap.ui, after the line <state st_NavigateMap> insert this line:
<uselayer ui_laneinfo/>

3) in navigatemap.ui in <script init>, insert this lines:
sprLaneInfo.SHOW

4) in navigatemap.ui in <script sc_RefreshScreenAfterViewPreset>, insert this line:
sprLaneInfo.SHOW

5) in navigatemap.ui in <script sc_MapClicked> insert this line:
sprLaneInfo.HIDE

6) copy this file in: ui_hp_sagan\common

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 19 août 2008 23:56:24
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2008 :  20:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a legal iGO 8 DATA.ZIP file with special resolutions (240x320, 320x240, 320x320, 400x240, 480x234, 480x272).
http://norad.shacknet.nu/lifeforce/igo/data.zip

Could you replace the HP skin with it? Somebody? :)

Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2008 :  21:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racer_X

jyqureshi,

The 310 has an idle setting to shutdown when not being used.

On the main menu click Setting, then click System. You can set the value "Turn off if idle after: " choose from 1, 5, 10 minutes, 1 or 2 hours or never.

This along with it's feature of powering on then you start your car (if power cord attached) works great.

Going into idle doesn't seem to work on my fresh from the factory un-modded 310, which shipped with the latest updates. Has this feature been broken in the latest version?

HP 310

Edited by - floepie on 20 août 2008 03:35:20
Go to Top of Page

jjordanov

13 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  06:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sjimmie: Thank you a lot - it worked like a charm! :)

I am using the hack by jyqureshi posted at page 51 in this thread: http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=101001&whichpage=51#731678
I changed a lot of items' locations but I am having troubles changing txt_distance_to_destination - no matter what I change the location to it stays at the same position. I even placed distance_to_destination in the middle of the screen (y=262) but no result. Font is changeable though.

In data.zip\ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui
This one works just fine:

<layer ui_txt_speed z=110>
	;--Speed
	 <TEXT txt_Current_speed  template=xtxt x=545  y=400 z=10 w=120 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=75 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
	 ;Following is disabled by pointing to out-of-screen coordinates
	 <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit  template=xtxt x=605  y=542 z=10 w=45 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT"    fontsize=12 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
</layer>

But this one doesn't work:
<layer ui_txt_distance z=110>
	;--distance_to_destination
     <TEXT txt_distance_to_destination template=xtxt x=545  y=262 z=10 w=120 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=75 color=#FFFFFF glowsize=20 color2=#FF0000  textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.time_to_destination.valid">
     <TEXT txt_distance_to_destinationunit  template=xtxt x=605  y=747  z=10 w=44  font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT"   fontsize=22 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.time_to_destination.valid">
</layer>

So does anybody have an idea how do I change this one? And does anybody know something about textmodel_wstr and visiblemodel? I need "pdamill data.zip tutorial" - hahaha....

Edited by - jjordanov on 20 août 2008 06:12:03
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  10:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjordanov

sjimmie: Thank you a lot - it worked like a charm! :)

I am using the hack by jyqureshi posted at page 51 in this thread: http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=101001&whichpage=51#731678
I changed a lot of items' locations but I am having troubles changing txt_distance_to_destination - no matter what I change the location to it stays at the same position. I even placed distance_to_destination in the middle of the screen (y=262) but no result. Font is changeable though.

In data.zip\ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui
This one works just fine:

<layer ui_txt_speed z=110>
	;--Speed
	 <TEXT txt_Current_speed  template=xtxt x=545  y=400 z=10 w=120 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=75 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
	 <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit  template=xtxt x=605  y=542 z=10 w=45 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT"    fontsize=12 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
</layer>

But this one doesn't work:
<layer ui_txt_distance z=110>
	;--distance_to_destination
     <TEXT txt_distance_to_destination template=xtxt x=545  y=262 z=10 w=120 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=75 color=#FFFFFF glowsize=20 color2=#FF0000  textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.time_to_destination.valid">
     <TEXT txt_distance_to_destinationunit  template=xtxt x=605  y=747  z=10 w=44  font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT"   fontsize=22 color=#FFFFFF  textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.time_to_destination.valid">
</layer>

So does anybody have an idea how do I change this one? And does anybody know something about textmodel_wstr and visiblemodel? I need "pdamill data.zip tutorial" - hahaha....

I think: in script_800_480.ui, these scripts position the object once called:

<script sc_ViaIsValid>
txt_distance_to_destination.y 442
txt_distance_to_destinationunit.y 447
txt_distance_to_via.y 418
txt_distance_to_viaunit.y 418
</script>

<script sc_ViaIsNotValid>
txt_distance_to_destination.y 427
txt_distance_to_destinationunit.y 432
</script>
textmodel_wstr is the format for the visualization of the object, visiblemodel is the condition for the visualization

Edited by - mauro.dvr on 20 août 2008 10:26:40
Go to Top of Page

sjimmie

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  14:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mauro.dvr, is it possible to make a few changes which most people would appreciate?
These are changes which I now make each time I download a new version of your data.zip.
I think they are good for everyone...

First disable the "Drive carefully warning" in the common\ui\drive_carefully.ui
(I think you already know how to do this)

Then in the navigatemap_800_480.ui:
* Make the blue box top-left only show when needed:
Add visiblemodel="navigation.direction_id.valid" to the lines with Fondino_directions_arrow.bmp and banda50_su.bmp

* change "km/h xxx" to "xxx km/h" (so the other way around):
;--- Speed
<TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=674 y=440 z=10 w=65 font="FtraBd__" align="right" fontsize=30 glowsize=2 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
<TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=752 y=450 z=10 w=45 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=19 glowsize=2 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">

* Change the button "Percoso" to "Avoid"
I believe the text "Avoid" will be translated automatically to your own language, so in Italy you will still see Percoso...

* Also change the button "Cursore" to "Cursor"...

* I find the text better to read when it is white with a black shadow (glow).
For most texts (about 8 or so?) I changed them to:
glowsize=2 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000

It is up to you to do the changes or not, I hope the changes are good for all people!?
Go to Top of Page

sjimmie

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  14:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is a legal iGO 8 DATA.ZIP file with special resolutions (240x320, 320x240, 320x320, 400x240, 480x234, 480x272).
http://norad.shacknet.nu/lifeforce/igo/data.zip

Could you replace the HP skin with it? Somebody? :)

Tried this many times in many ways...
- forcing resolution to use 400_240, or renaming 400_240 to 800_480 in all files
- same for the map ui_igo8 to ui_hp_sagan
- any other changes...
Never got it working. :(
It kept missing things.
Go to Top of Page

mauro.dvr

62 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  15:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sjimmie
thanks for the suggestions, but i don't know this: First disable the "Drive carefully warning"
can you explain him/it?
Go to Top of Page

floepie

87 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2008 :  22:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone give me a quick how-to for setting the full-time 600 MHz status in the CPM test of the control panel?

If I simply select 600 (top entry on the left), it doesn't seem to do the trick, or so I think. If I hit CPM test, sometimes the 300 entry is selected, and at other times, 600 is selected.

Is the left window a "status" window or a "selection" window??

HP 310
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05