Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2007 :  20:06:32  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
READ FIRST : "Customizing" the iPaq 310 means that you are adding applications that were not specifically designed to run on the device, therefore there is a risk that you will alter its normal operation the way it was intended by HP.

While many applications have been found to run properly (TCPMP for DivX playing, OziCE for off-road GPS), there is always a risk that you will prevent your unit from operating normally, especially since there is currently no way of returning it to its factory settings (the changes to the crucial registry are permanent). Only proceed with caution and under your sole responsibility (On Page 3 of the HP "Global limited warranty and technical support" leaflet, it states quite clearly that the said warranty does not apply to "... any product...that has been damaged or rendered ineffective by ...(c) software, interfacing, parts or supplies not supplied by HP...").

1. WinCE Tricks and Tips

1. Applauncher by Hagar, download link and instructions here on page 58

2. List of tweaks to the GPS Software UI
MOD: Compass

Step 1: EDIT: Download these files http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/ui_hp_sagan.rar and extract them in your ui_hp_sagan\common folder

Step 2:
Open your ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Copy these VSPRITE lines:

<VSPRITE dayCompass vec="$compass.vpr" x=9 y=200 z=11 rotatemodel="map.rotation_angle" hide>
<VSPRITE nightCompass vec="$ncompass.vpr" x=9 y=200 z=11 rotatemodel="map.rotation_angle" hide>

and look for the following layer:

<layer ui_NavigateMapTOP z=100>
and paste VSPRITE lines anywhere here
</layer>

A VSPRITE is a vector sprite, if you open the files I provided in the rar file in text editor, you'll find some polygons defined. The top line defines the grid height, width, and its center point based on which the polygon is drawn.

Any curious being can use a graph paper and start plotting these dots and connecting them, starting from top.
Save and close this file.

Step 3:
Open your ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\scripts_800_480.ui

copy and paste these scripts at the end:
People who have done the "Full Screen" mod I posted earlier just need to update their existing sc_day_text_color and sc_night_text_color scripts.

<script sc_day_text_color>
dayCompass.show
nightCompass.hide
</script>

<script sc_night_text_color>
dayCompass.hide
nightCompass.show
</script>

Step 4:
Open your ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\navigatemap.ui

Copy the following lines in your <script sc_Original_MapSize> and <script sc_Full_MapSize> scripts

runif vNightMode 1 'run sc_night_text_color'
else_run 'run sc_day_text_color'

Close and save this file.

Move all these files onto your iPaq and enjoy. If it doesn't work the first time, try again:)

To display route details by clicking on the "Clock and chequered flag" icon:

Open ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Find hp_btn_timeto_dest.bmp

replace the line with the following line:

<BUTTON xxx x=346 y=404 z=51 bmp="hp_btn_timeto_dest.bmp#2" onRelease='NEXTSTATE st_RouteItinerary' enabledmodel="!route.itiner.list.isempty">

Save and close this file.

Move the file to your iPaq and enjoy.

Changing the colors of the map by JohnCougar : download (for 04/2008 update)
Click here for a preview.

data.zip:project_config\hp_sagan.ini: increasing volume from 64 to 128.

[Before]
sound_volume=64
voice_volume=64

[After]
sound_volume=128
voice_volume=128

data.zip:ui_hp_sagan\800_480\ui\setting_800_480.ui: add Pedestrian mode.

[Before]
z=1 value="Car|0|Taxi|1|Bus|2|Truck|3|Bicycle|6"

[After]
z=1 value="Car|0|Taxi|1|Bus|2|Truck|3|Pedestrian|5|Bicycle|6"

data.zip:ui_hp_sagan800_480\ui\setting_800_480.ui: add car pool lanes mode.

[Before]
boolmodel="route.allow_carpool" hide>

[After]
boolmodel="route.allow_carpool">

data.zip:project_config\hp_sagan.ini: remove nav warning message.

[Before]
drive_carefully=1

[After]
drive_carefully=0

Note: When resuming from standby while on battery the message is not displayed. When resuming from standby
while charging the warning message is displayed.I have had only inconsistent results.

Below two further customizations which may be added to the first post.

Disable "Drive Carefully" warning

To completly disable the #8222;Drive Carefully#8220; warning follow these steps:

File:
data.zip \ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\drive_carefully.ui

Replace:
<script sc_drive_carefully_init>
run sc_drive_carefully_show
btn_dc_agree.hide
;ui_drive_carefully_xhtml.z 100005
KEY "RETURN"
KEY "REC"
KEY "UP"
KEY "DOWN"

</script>

With:
<script sc_drive_carefully_init>
; run sc_drive_carefully_show
; btn_dc_agree.hide
; ;ui_drive_carefully_xhtml.z 100005
; KEY "RETURN"
; KEY "REC"
; KEY "UP"
; KEY "DOWN"
;
</script>

Display status messages on boot

File:
data.zip \project_config\hp_sagan.ini

Replace:
[loading]
show_statustext=0
show_progressbar=1

progressbar_x=234
progressbar_y=377
progressbar_bmp="loading_progressbar.bmp"
loading_bmp="loading.jpg"

;text_fontcolor=xFFFFFF
;text_fontsize=30
;text_x=100
;text_y=400
;text_w=600
;text_align: LEFT = 0,CENTER = 1,RIGHT = 2 JUSTIFY = 3
;text_align=1

With:
[loading]
show_statustext=1
show_progressbar=1

progressbar_x=234
progressbar_y=377
progressbar_bmp="loading_progressbar.bmp"
loading_bmp="loading.jpg"

text_fontcolor=xFFFFFF
text_fontsize=24
text_x=100
text_y=410
text_w=600
;text_align: LEFT = 0,CENTER = 1,RIGHT = 2 JUSTIFY = 3
text_align=1

The simulation mode closes if you press somewhere on the map. The following tweak disables this behaviour. Then, the simulation is stopped using the #8220;Play#8221; button.
This is useful for testing some click behaviour. (e.g. show / hide cockpit / full screen)

File:
data.zip \ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\navigatemap.ui

Replace:
<layer ui_FlyOver type="flyover" x=0 y=0 w=800 h=480 z=13004>

With:
<layer ui_FlyOver type="flyover" x=0 y=0 w=0 h=0 z=13004>

It may also be useful for testing some modifications using iGo on PC.

UPDATED 20080225 : The 310 is now Wi-Fi capable, see details on page 33.

UPDATED 20080114 : tip to add back the pedestrian mode : details on page 16.

Posted by lbendlin in the iPaq 310 - User Reviews thread.

"The device is extremely easy to hack. All you need to do is replace the nav.exe with, let's say, TotalCommander for Windows CE (cecmd.exe). AFTER you did a complete backup!

And if you don't like that, add a folder to the Games folder and place your programs there. you can then see another game icon and run your app from there."

"Once you opened the control panel you can set the USB client mode from "Mass Storage Device" to "Serial Class" and then you can use ActiveSync."

You can also boot into the WinCE shell by placing a dummy celoader.exe file in a SD card (max size 2GB) and reset your iPaq

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Ads

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2007 :  20:23:50  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The processor seems to be throttled to 300 MHz. The "CPM Test" control applet fails to fix the processor speed at 600 MHz. At leat this explains the sluggish behaviour.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2007 :  20:42:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since there is some "dual core" technology, are there maybe two clock speeds ?
Anything in the way of "autonomy" (on-board A-GPS) settings ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2007 :  22:31:40  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the root of the flash storage contains a few .eph and .obs files with pretty recent file date stamps. Looks like some data collection is going on in the background.

One thing that is plaguing a lot of iPAQs is also true for the 310 - you cannot simply use a third party USB charger and expect the device to charge. The charging light will come on but it will only charge very slowly (1% per 15 minutes, with device in standby) or even discharge despite being connected to power. Probably again some signaling on the USB data lines that switches between slow and fast USB charging. (the supplied power supply charges the device as expected).

\windows\gpsviewer.exe gives a lot of details about the GPS receiver. It uses all kinds of funny NMEA sequences like $GPREJ and $GPPRN - this must be where the Ephemeris decoding is happening.

Looks like the receiver is at COM7. TomTom Navigator is still refusing to start so I have to dig out the old Mio hack data.

Lutz

Edited by - lbendlin on 17 nov. 2007 22:42:39
Go to Top of Page

mmzymxf

20 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2007 :  07:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbendlin: could you post some screenshots of the hacked unit? Also, do you think we will able to install an sdio driver? thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2007 :  19:04:08  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have screenshots over at pocketgpsworld.com.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mmzymxf

20 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2007 :  20:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's here, which cost me 20min to find :S - Wow...

So could you install your own program using the live sync? I see a good chance that you can install the driver for the SDIO...

quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

We have screenshots over at pocketgpsworld.com.

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2007 :  17:50:43  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, I am already trying to install all sorts of programs. The problem is that this is Windows CE 5, and some of the Windows CE 4.2 DLLs that are needed by most programs (see the C520 hack collection) seem not to work in CE5. TomTom for example starts, and allows initial configuration, but it then bails out at the map selection with a "Memory access violation". Haven't had time to use the dependency walker, or to try and source the needed DLLs from other CE5 devices or the SDK.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2007 :  05:46:40  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure that would help. It's rather something to take to SiRF and Centrality.

Some more hacking tidbits - the device root gets cleared on each soft reset, that includes the \Programs and \My Documents folders (pretty much like a WM Smartphone). This means if you want to run TomTom (I got version 5 to work) you should either refrain from doing soft resets (good luck with that) or make a copy of the \My Documents\TomTom\Currentmap.dat file and folder structure, and restore these after the soft reset.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mmzymxf

20 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2007 :  07:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Is it possible to write a script to run on startup to rebuild the root?

[SNIP - UNEEDED QUOTE]
Go to Top of Page

TFGBD

67 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2007 :  11:35:45  Show Profile  Visit TFGBD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some more hacking tidbits - the device root gets cleared on each soft reset, that includes the \Programs and \My Documents folders (pretty much like a WM Smartphone). This means if you want to run TomTom (I got version 5 to work) you should either refrain from doing soft resets (good luck with that) or make a copy of the \My Documents\TomTom\Currentmap.dat file and folder structure, and restore these after the soft reset.

Wow, that sucks. I was hoping a device like this would at least persist its ramdisk or opt for storage as root like WM5. Oh well... Does it at least have a hive-based persistant registry? If so, then you know you can at least remap the shell paths under HKLM\Explorer and it would not be so bad. If not, then it sounds like this thing is almost as crappy as those those inVion units that hard reset even when you try to supend them...

Does suspend at least work on this HP unit?

6 WinCE devices and counting...

Edited by - TFGBD on 20 nov. 2007 11:38:14
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2007 :  13:03:39  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Suspend does work but in a somewhat quirky way. You have to press the power button long to bring the device into standby, but already a short press brings it back up. This is a recipe for disaster when the device is pocketed, since the button is protruding from the case. Makes for a nice temporary pocket warmer.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  00:22:34  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uncle Ben, you will find the same issues with the preinstalled application (iGO 8 lite). By pushing the envelope we are actually helping the average user understand and (if possible) avoid issues they will encounter on the device. Issues like the wrongly designed power button, sluggish response, GPS failing to reactivate after wakeup, the HP website (www.ipaq.com) not being ready yet etc.

Feel free to look elsewhere if you don't like the discussion here (in this particular thread).

I thought Canadians are eh!

Lutz

Edited by - lbendlin on 21 nov. 2007 00:25:56
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  00:24:06  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mmzymxf

It's here, which cost me 20min to find :S - Wow...

So could you install your own program using the live sync? I see a good chance that you can install the driver for the SDIO...

Why would you need drivers? According to the documentation for the Titan chipset on the SiRF website the device should natively support SDIO as well as SDHC.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mmzymxf

20 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  01:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure since the HP website doesn't say that...

quote:
Why would you need drivers? According to the documentation for the Titan chipset on the SiRF website the device should natively support SDIO as well as SDHC.

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  16:31:09  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mmzymxf

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to write a script to run on startup to rebuild the root?

I am pretty sure that MortScript can do that.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

garman

15 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The processor seems to be throttled to 300 MHz. The "CPM Test" control applet fails to fix the processor speed at 600 MHz. At leat this explains the sluggish behaviour.

How did you determine this? When I launch the CPM applet and click on "GetClkInfo", it gives me: cpu:600,...

On the screenshot at the pocketgpsworld forum the SystemInfo(System Query) applet also says "cpu:600". I've tried SystemInfo and it starts out saying 600 MHz and if I leave it alone for a while it switches to 300. So at most it just looks like there is some intelligent power management going on.

Also, the general speed of the device seems to be in line with what I would expect. The CPU is about 50% faster than the Samsung 400 MHz CPU in the common AIOs, and the screen has about 3 times as many pixels as they do [(800*480)/(480*272)=2.94], so all in all the iPaq 310 should be about half as fast as -- let's say -- a Mio C520. (I'm taking a leap here and assuming that there is a linear relationship between image calculation time and pixelcount, when in fact the function may be quadratic.)

And even with the extra computation due to the elevation data and 3D buildings, the device is slow, but not painfully so. With this many pixels, the advanced 3D features and a 300 MHz CPU I'm sure the device would be a total disaster and the map display would look like a slideshow. But it is definitely very usable and the animation is rather fluid, which would be impossible at 300 MHz. So just from looking at the screen update speed it is unlikely that the CPU is throttled.

Edited by - garman on 21 nov. 2007 17:36:40
Go to Top of Page

NoTrix

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that the Ipaq is a bit sluggish, which may explain my "issue" with the screen taps and screen alignment. I'm used to a bit quicker response, but as Garman stated it is still okay. There are a few quirks with this device, don't get me wrong. I still say it's a pretty good GPS device. I have been using it on the road and it gives pretty good routes. Far superior to Mio, a little better than a Tom Tom (actually very similar) and not as good as Garmin (but with more options for a lot less $). But, not totally inadequate as Navigon 7100. I still feel like a lot of the quirks, and even some of the exclusions, i.e., detour function, different map colors, speed warnings, etc. can be fixed and/or added back by HP since they are already a part of the software just turned off, maybe. Graphics are superior to every device I've seen, except I wish I could modify the screen colors! To me, this is a good intermediate system (and somewhat future proof) for the next 1-2 years until we see what Garmin and Tom Tom and others offer in the way of true 3d reproduction. Plus, I got mine for under $400.00. Ipaq 310 a disaster? Far from it, IMHO.

Edited by - NoTrix on 21 nov. 2007 17:39:28
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:39:09  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The software is iGO, so all iGO customization options apply.

Don't take my words out of context. I was stating that the power button is misdesigned, not the whole device. Overall I like the device's design, particularly the 45 degrees accent line around the whole case. Looks like the designer for the 63xx was at work again. (And yes, I admit of being a fan of the 6315, probably just one of two on the planet)

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

NoTrix

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The software is iGO, so all iGO customization options apply.

Is it possible to modify colors and add back options HP has chosen to deactivate? I would be happy to be the "guinea pig" on that one...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:50:48  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course. The data.zip file is all yours...

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

NoTrix

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  17:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, thanks...

Now if I only knew what to do with the file... (don't get cute here, Lutz!)
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  18:20:37  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
head over to the PDAMill forums, they are discussing customization ad nauseam.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

TFGBD

67 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  19:20:49  Show Profile  Visit TFGBD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't really get a clear response regarding its registry yet. Does it persist on power off/reset/whatever? For example, will hidden files still be visible in Explorer if you uncheck the setting and reset?

A few other items:
Would it be much trouble to post a directory listing of its \Windows directory. I'm curious exactly what OS components it ships with. Is aygshell.dll there in ROM already?
Attaching its ceconfig.h file would also be nice. :)

I do hope SDIO can be made to work somehow... It looks like some nice hardware.

6 WinCE devices and counting...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2007 :  20:19:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No time for the \windows folder listing, but here's the ceconfig.h

#ifndef __CECONFIG_H__
#define __CECONFIG_H__
// CEFilter Component List:
#define CE_MODULES_COREDLL 1
#define CE_MODULES_NK 1
#define CE_MODULES_MSIM 1
#define CE_MODULES_COMMCTRL 1
#define CE_MODULES_COMMDLG 1
#define CE_MODULES_SECUR32 1
#define CE_MODULES_NTLMSSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_SPNEGO 1
#define CE_MODULES_SCHANNEL 1
#define CE_MODULES_RSAENH 1
#define CE_MODULES_CRYPT32 1
#define CE_MODULES_MSASN1 1
#define CE_MODULES_CREDMAN 1
#define CE_MODULES_PRNPORT 1
#define CE_MODULES_PRNERR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NOTIFY 1
#define CE_MODULES_RNAAPP 1
#define CE_MODULES_CONNMC 1
#define CE_MODULES_NDISPWR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NETUI 1
#define CE_MODULES_ASYNCMAC 1
#define CE_MODULES_UNIMODEM 1
#define CE_MODULES_TCPSTK 1
#define CE_MODULES_WINSOCK 1
#define CE_MODULES_AFD 1
#define CE_MODULES_WS2 1
#define CE_MODULES_WS2INSTL 1
#define CE_MODULES_WSPM 1
#define CE_MODULES_NSPM 1
#define CE_MODULES_SSLLSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_DHCP 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAP 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAPCHAP 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAPTLS 1
#define CE_MODULES_NDIS 1
#define CE_MODULES_AUTORAS 1
#define CE_MODULES_PPP 1
#define CE_MODULES_TAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_REDIR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NETBIOS 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTSVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTD 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTDRT 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTAGSVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTSCOSND 1
#define CE_MODULES_IPHLPAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_SOFTKB 1
#define CE_MODULES_GWES 1
#define CE_MODULES_KEYBD 1
#define CE_MODULES_POINTER 1
#define CE_MODULES_DISPLAY 1
#define CE_MODULES_FONTS 1
#define CE_MODULES_WAVEAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_AUDIODRV 1
#define CE_MODULES_WAVESAMPLES 1
#define CE_MODULES_CXPORT 1
#define CE_MODULES_BATTDRVR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NLEDDRVR 1
#define CE_MODULES_DEVICE 1
#define CE_MODULES_REGENUM 1
#define CE_MODULES_BUSENUM 1
#define CE_MODULES_PM 1
#define CE_MODULES_CEDDK 1
#define CE_MODULES_GIISR 1
#define CE_MODULES_MMTIMER 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCI 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCMCONV 1
#define CE_MODULES_SERIAL 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCCARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_8042KEYBOARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_NOPKEYBOARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_CSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_CSP_MININPUT 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBHOST 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBD 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBHID 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBPRN 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBMSC 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBDISK6 1
#define CE_MODULES_HIDPARSE 1
#define CE_MODULES_MOUHID 1
#define CE_MODULES_FATFSD 1
#define CE_MODULES_TFAT 1
#define CE_MODULES_FATUTIL 1
#define CE_MODULES_DISKCACHE 1
#define CE_MODULES_BINFS 1
#define CE_MODULES_MSPART 1
#define CE_MODULES_FSDMGR 1
#define CE_MODULES_GB18030 1
#define CE_MODULES_FILESYS 1
#define CE_MODULES_RT_TESTS 1
#define DCOM_MODULES_OLE32 1
#define DCOM_MODULES_OLEAUT32 1
#define DCOM_MODULES_UUID 1
#define DCOM_MODULES_MFC 1
#define IE_MODULES_SHDOCVW 1
#define IE_MODULES_URLMON 1
#define IE_MODULES_WININET 1
#define IE_MODULES_SHLWAPI 1
#define IE_MODULES_UUID 1
#define IE_MODULES_IECEEXT 1
#define IE_MODULES_MLANG 1
#define SCRIPT_MODULES_JSCRIPT 1
#define SERVERS_MODULES_TIMESVC 1
#define SERVERS_MODULES_SERVICES 1
#define SHELL_MODULES_EXPLORER 1
#define SHELL_MODULES_SHCORE 1
#define SHELL_MODULES_CESHELL 1
#define SHELL_MODULES_VGAL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_CONTROL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_CTLPNL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_CPLMAIN 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_ADVBACKLIGHT 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_CONNPNL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_INTLL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_STGUIL 1
#define WCESHELLFE_MODULES_BTHPNL 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_MP3DMOD 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_WMVDMOD 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_WMADMOD 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_WMSDMOD 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_QUARTZ 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_MSACMCE 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_MSRLE32 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_ICM 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_MSDMO 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_DIRECTDRAW 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_DDHEL 1
#define DIRECTX_MODULES_DDSAMPLES 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_CEFOBJ 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_REPLLOG 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_RAPISRV 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_EVENTRST 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_RRA_STM 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_SYSTEMCPL 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_UDP2TCP 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_WCELOAD 1
#define DATASYNC_MODULES_UNLOAD 1
#define COREDLL_COREMAIN 1
#define COREDLL_LMEM 1
#define COREDLL_SHOWERR 1
#define COREDLL_THUNKS 1
#define COREDLL_CORECRT 1
#define COREDLL_CORESTRW 1
#define COREDLL_CRYPTAPI 1
#define COREDLL_TNOTIFY 1
#define COREDLL_TAPILIB 1
#define COREDLL_CORESIP 1
#define COREDLL_RECTAPI 1
#define COREDLL_WMGR_C 1
#define COREDLL_MGDI_C 1
#define COREDLL_ACCEL_C 1
#define COREDLL_MESSAGEDIALOGBOXTHUNK 1
#define COREDLL_SHCORE 1
#define COREDLL_SHCORE 1
#define COREDLL_PATH 1
#define COREDLL_SHORTCUT 1
#define COREDLL_SHEXEC 1
#define COREDLL_SHMISC 1
#define COREDLL_FILEOPEN 1
#define COREDLL_FILEINFO 1
#define COREDLL_SHELLAPIS 1
#define COREDLL_DSA 1
#define COREDLL_TIMEZONES 1
#define COREDLL_MMWAVE 1
#define COREDLL_MMSND 1
#define COREDLL_MMMIX 1
#define COREDLL_BATTERY 1
#define COREDLL_NLED 1
#define COREDLL_DEVLOAD 1
#define COREDLL_COREIMM 1
#define COREDLL_FMTMSG 1
#define COREDLL_CORESTRA 1
#define COREDLL_CORESIOW 1
#define COREDLL_CORESIOA 1
#define COREDLL_SERDEV 1
#define COREDLL_CORELOC 1
#define COREDLL_MULTIUI 1
#define COREDLL_CRT_CPP_EH_AND_RTTI 1
#define COREDLL_FULL_CRT 1
#define COREDLL_CRYPTHASH 1
#define COREDLL_RSA32 1
#define NK_NKCOMPR 1
#define NK_NKMAPFILE 1
#define COMMCTRL_TOOLBAR 1
#define COMMCTRL_UPDOWN 1
#define COMMCTRL_STATUS 1
#define COMMCTRL_PROPSHEET 1
#define COMMCTRL_LISTVIEW 1
#define COMMCTRL_TREEVIEW 1
#define COMMCTRL_DATE 1
#define COMMCTRL_TAB 1
#define COMMCTRL_PROGRESS 1
#define COMMCTRL_TRACKBAR 1
#define COMMCTRL_CAPEDIT 1
#define COMMCTRL_REBAR 1
#define COMMCTRL_CMDBAR 1
#define COMMCTRL_DSA 1
#define COMMCTRL_TOOLTIPS 1
#define COMMCTRL_FE 1
#define NOTIFY_NOTIFPUB 1
#define NOTIFY_NOTIFUI 1
#define WINSOCK_SSLSOCK 1
#define PPP_PPP2SRVSTUB 1
#define BTD_HCI 1
#define BTD_L2CAP 1
#define BTD_SDP 1
#define BTD_RFCOMM 1
#define BTD_PORTEMU 1
#define BTD_SYS 1
#define BTD_TDI 1
#define BTD_CSR 1
#define BTDRT_SDPUSER 1
#define BTDRT_BTHNS 1
#define BTAGSVC_BTAGSVC_NETWORK 1
#define BTAGSVC_BTAGSVC_PHONEEXT 1
#define GWES_GWE1 1
#define GWES_WMBASE 1
#define GWES_GWESHARE 1
#define GWES_GWESMAIN 1
#define GWES_IMMTHUNK 1
#define GWES_MSGQUE 1
#define GWES_GSETWINLONG 1
#define GWES_CEPTR 1
#define GWES_FOREGND 1
#define GWES_IDLE 1
#define GWES_KBDUI 1
#define GWES_UIBASE 1
#define GWES_MSGBEEP 1
#define GWES_AUDIO 1
#define GWES_GWE2 1
#define GWES_MGBASE 1
#define GWES_MGBITMAP 1
#define GWES_MGBLT 1
#define GWES_MGBLT2 1
#define GWES_MGDC 1
#define GWES_MGDIBSEC 1
#define GWES_MGDRAW 1
#define GWES_MGRGN 1
#define GWES_MGWINMGR 1
#define GWES_TCHUI 1
#define GWES_CALIBRUI 1
#define GWES_MGGRADFILL 1
#define GWES_MGALPHABLENDSTUB 1
#define GWES_MGTT 1
#define GWES_MGDRWTXT 1
#define GWES_MGPRINT 1
#define GWES_MGPAL 1
#define GWES_MGPALNAT 1
#define GWES_GWE3 1
#define GWES_ACCEL 1
#define GWES_BTNCTL 1
#define GWES_CARET 1
#define GWES_CASCADE 1
#define GWES_IMECTL 1
#define GWES_CLIPBD 1
#define GWES_CMBCTL 1
#define GWES_DEFWNDPROC 1
#define GWES_DLGMGR 1
#define GWES_DLGMNEM 1
#define GWES_EDCTL 1
#define GWES_GCACHE 1
#define GWES_GWECTRL 1
#define GWES_ICON 1
#define GWES_ICONCMN 1
#define GWES_IMGCTL 1
#define GWES_LBCTL 1
#define GWES_LOADBMP 1
#define GWES_LOADIMG 1
#define GWES_MENU 1
#define GWES_MENUSCRL 1
#define GWES_MOVERLAP 1
#define GWES_MOUSEANDTOUCHCURSOR 1
#define GWES_ICONCURS 1
#define GWES_MCURSOR 1
#define GWES_MCURSOR8 1
#define GWES_CURSOR 1
#define GWES_CURSOR8 1
#define GWES_MNOTAPUI 1
#define GWES_GWE4 1
#define GWES_NCLIENT 1
#define GWES_OOM 1
#define GWES_SBCMN 1
#define GWES_SCBCTL 1
#define GWES_STARTUP 1
#define GWES_STCCTL 1
#define GWES_WINMGR 1
#define GWES_STARTUI 1
#define GWES_OOMUI 1
#define GWES_SBCMNVIEW 1
#define GWES_NCLIENTVIEW 1
#define GWES_GCACHEVIEW 1
#define GWES_BTNCTLVIEW 1
#define GWES_STCCTLVIEW 1
#define GWES_CMBCTLVIEW 1
#define GWES_LBCTLVIEW 1
#define GWES_MSGBOX 1
#define GWES_MSGBOX_HPC 1
#define GWES_DLGMGR_HPC 1
#define GWES_MENU_HPC 1
#define GWES_EDITCONTROLOS 1
#define GWES_TIMER 1
#define GWES_COLUMN 1
#define GWES_ATOM 1
#define GWES_DRAWMBAR 1
#define GWES_HOTKEY 1
#define GWES_SYSCOLOR 1
#define GWES_MGDX 1
#define GWES_MGALIAS 1
#define GWES_JOURNAL 1
#define GWES_MGTCI 1
#define FONTS_TAHOMA_1_07 1
#define FONTS_SUNFON 1
#define WAVEAPI_WAPIWAVE 1
#define WAVEAPI_WAPIMAP 1
#define DEVICE_DEVCORE 1
#define DEVICE_IORM 1
#define DEVICE_PMIF 1
#define PM_PM_DEFAULT_PDD 1
#define PM_PM_MDD 1
#define PM_PM_PDD_COMMON 1
#define FATUTIL_FATUTIL_UI 1
#define FATUTIL_FATUTIL_MAIN 1
#define FILESYS_FSHEAP 1
#define FILESYS_FSMAIN 1
#define FILESYS_FSREGHIVE 1
#define FILESYS_FSYSRAM 1
#define FILESYS_FSREPLBIT 1
#define FILESYS_FSDBASE 1
#define FILESYS_FSPASS 1
#define FILESYS_FSADVERTISE 1
#define FILESYS_MSGQUEUE 1
#define OLE32_MCOMBASE 1
#define OLE32_MCOMMEM 1
#define OLE32_MCOMSTR 1
#define OLE32_MCOMMON 1
#define OLE32_MCOMLIB 1
#define OLE32_OLE232 1
#define OLE32_DOCFILE 1
#define OLE32_MSF 1
#define OLE32_EXP 1
#define OLE32_MCOMSTM 1
#define OLEAUT32_OAALL 1
#define SHDOCVW_DHSTUBS 1
#define SHDOCVW_DHEXT_STUBS 1
#define URLMON_ZONES 1
#define WININET_PPSTUBS 1
#define SHLWAPI_SHLWIE 1
#define IECEEXT_IECEEXTMCOM 1
#define TIMESVC_TSVC_DST 1
#define SHCORE_SHCORE 1
#define SHCORE_SHCORE 1
#define SHCORE_PATH 1
#define SHCORE_PATH 1
#define CESHELL_CESHAPI 1
#define CESHELL_CESHUI 1
#define CESHELL_TASKBARLIST 1
#define CPLMAIN_NETWORK 1
#define CPLMAIN_DATETIME 1
#define CPLMAIN_KEYBOARD 1
#define CPLMAIN_PASSWORD 1
#define CPLMAIN_OWNER 1
#define CPLMAIN_SYSTEM 1
#define CPLMAIN_DISPLAY 1
#define CPLMAIN_POINTERCMN 1
#define CPLMAIN_MOUSE 1
#define CPLMAIN_COMM 1
#define CPLMAIN_POWER 1
#define CPLMAIN_REMOVE 1
#define CPLMAIN_BACKLIGHT 1
#define CPLMAIN_COLORSCHEME 1
#define CPLMAIN_SOUNDS 1
#define CPLMAIN_DIALING 1
#define CPLMAIN_SIP 1
#define CPLMAIN_STYLUS 1
#define CPLMAIN_CERTS 1
#define QUARTZ_QUARTZ0 1
#define QUARTZ_AMUTIL 1
#define QUARTZ_FGCTL 1
#define QUARTZ_FILGRAPH 1
#define QUARTZ_ERRSTR 1
#define QUARTZ_QUARTZ1 1
#define QUARTZ_WAVEOUT 1
#define QUARTZ_WAVEMSR 1
#define QUARTZ_MPGVDEC 1
#define QUARTZ_MPGSPLIT 1
#define QUARTZ_OVMIXER2 1
#define QUARTZ_ACMWRAP 1
#define QUARTZ_DMOWRAP 1
#define QUARTZ_IMAGE 1
#define QUARTZ_URLRDR 1
#define QUARTZ_QUARTZ2 1
#define QUARTZ_ASYNCRDR 1
#define QUARTZ_QTZBASE 1
#define QUARTZ_QUARTZ3 1
#define QUARTZ_SCMDOUT 1
#define QUARTZ_FILEREND 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_STRMCORE 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_SPLITTER 1
#define QUARTZ_ACMOBJ 1
#define QUARTZ_ICMOBJ 1
#define QUARTZ_M3UPLAYL 1
#define QUARTZ_ASXPLAYL 1
#define QUARTZ_XMLPLAYL 1
#define QUARTZ_URLGRAB 1
#define QUARTZ_URLOBJ 1
#define QUARTZ_NSCFILEPARSER 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_HTTPSTRM 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_MMSSTRM 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_MSBSTRM 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_NETHELP 1
#define QUARTZ_WMT_FILESTRM 1
#endif

yes, aygshell.dll is present on the device. Not in the \windows folder but in some of the PdaMill folders. gx.dll too.

Lutz

Edited by - lbendlin on 21 nov. 2007 20:22:41
Go to Top of Page

garman

15 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2007 :  13:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Ben
@Notrix - Garman isn't saying that the 310 is a total disaster but would be one if, as someone here claimed, the system was locked at 300 Mhz. To thanks to the 600 Mhz dual-core processor, it does a very decent job indeed - and while it may get sluggist at times, it's not painfully slow. I think that's what he's saying. So you're both on the same page.

While on the subject, it appears that someone else who goes by the name Xiaofeng Mi also thinks that the clock speed is locked at 300 Mhz - check out Xiafeng Mi's review on Amazon.com.

Uncle Ben, that is precisely what I was trying to say. There is just no way the device would survive with a 300 MHz CPU.

Please note that the dual-core processor only has one ARM core, the other core is a DSP/GPS; so it's not what the average PC customer would expect when they hear the term "dual-core". Consequently this CPU design offers no benefit to the average customer compared to a traditional single-core CPU + GPS chipset solution, other than size and price.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2007 :  13:22:58  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpslover
need help to get into control panel,try to use activesync to install iguidance on it.thanks.

- remove any SD cards you may have in the device
- connect the iPAQ to the PC, it will show up as a new drive
- go to the \ipaq\os\games folder and create a new folder "cecmd"
- copy the cecmd.exe (make sure you got the version for handhelds) into that folder
- disconnect the device again, let it boot
- go to Extras...Games...Cecmd

et voila.

By the way, not sure if iGuidance will run. If it requires Pocket PC DLLs then it may be tricky.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2007 :  15:09:45  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You NEVER need ActiveSync for anything, it just makes life easier (sometimes).

Don't forget that you have a SD card slot. Simply copy your existing iGuidance installation onto the SD card, put that in the 310 and try that out (that's what I am currently doing with iGuidance4. It just takes a while to copy the 1.3 GB maps onto the card)

Anyhow, to enable ActiveSync, run CeCMD, tap the Control Panel Link, and then under USB Client Connection change the conduct to "Serial Port"

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2007 :  16:47:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forget iGuidance, it does not run.

http://www.ghisler.com/wince2x.htm

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

NoTrix

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2007 :  19:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this:

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/cecmd.exe

Then, follow lbendlin's instructions. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mmzymxf

20 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2007 :  01:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[EDIT BY MOD - SEE PM] I am still looking forward to seeing some people successfully enable the wireless with this unit...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2007 :  02:51:38  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May I interest you in this site... http://www.ivtcorporation.com/download/BlueSoleil_Download.php#bluesoleilforce

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

dante19

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2007 :  01:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know whether I can hardwire the HP 310 GPS Unit via the existing USB cable to my car's fuse block using an "Add a Circuit" (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=071-580)and grounding it to the vechicle frame without damaging the unit. I would like to hide most of the cabling and not deal with the cigerate lighter USB power adapter.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2007 :  01:43:58  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This will not work. The 310 uses enhanced USB signaling, and does only charge reliably off the included cig lighter adapter. Other adapters will only trickle charge, or actually drain the battery.

Maybe it's similar to EMU.

http://wiki.openezx.org/EMU

Lutz

Edited by - lbendlin on 28 nov. 2007 02:09:57
Go to Top of Page

dante19

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2007 :  05:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin - Does the unit therefore use a special usb cable or is the unit's enhanced signaling received and interpreted by the cig lighter adapter which then determines the charging requirements. I was thinking about pulling the cig adapter apart to see if it had any special components inside.

I may just install the cig lighter outlet and adapter under the dash and secure it with cable ties to accomplish my original goal of hiding the adapter and most of the cabling for the unit. Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2007 :  06:36:42  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think the cable is special - nowadays all USB cables are fully wired. It's the power supply that's special - and this is true both for the wall plug unit and for the cig lighter adapter. We've seen similar behaviour on other iPAQs, namely the 68xx series.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  15:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I think I replaced my nav.exe with something that is not executable. Now my device only show the HP logo when boot up and I am not able to sync it with my PC. Looks like I am doomed. Any chance somebody know how to rescue it?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks,
Lewis
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  17:09:17  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did you set the USB mode to serial? Or does it still show up as a mass storage device?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  21:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not change the control panel settings yet. It is trying to show up as mass storage device on windows xp. But for some reason since the nav.exe is not there, it will not be recognize correctly in xp. In the end, it is showed as Unknown USB device. I can not fix the flash memory... Looks like a design flaw for HP... sigh.. I can not do anything with the device.
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  21:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Content manager can not recognize the connection as well. I can not restore my backup...
Go to Top of Page

NoTrix

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  21:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Lewislin, Try this:
Detach the device from your computer
Turn off your device
Reboot your computer
Connect your device
Reset your device
Hope your computer recognizes the Ipaq

You may have to repeat this a few times to get it to work. I had a similar mishap, and it finally worked. Once the device is recognized by your computer, quickly transfer the Nav.exe file back into the NAV folder and remove the corrupted file. Hopefully, you did a backup and have that file available. Good luck!

Edited by - NoTrix on 30 nov. 2007 21:29:02
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2007 :  22:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, it worked!! Thank you, NoTrix!
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2007 :  04:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to put some chinese font into the system but it turns out \windows\fonts does not have enough space. The device seems to have 2 sections of ROM. The root (\windows and etc) 25M and The residentflash 2GB. How do we make this thing back to the full Windows CE?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2007 :  16:24:04  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try to put the stuff under \residentflash\os\windows

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lewislin

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  14:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah. But when i installed some cabs, it will automatically install some files /dll to \windows , \program files, and some root directories. And from what I can see those files will not survive a reset. Meaning after a reset those files are gone, thus the incomplete install. I also want to replace wince.nls for multi-languages support. Again, after a reset, the file is restored back to the original one. Strange...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  14:37:30  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try this: after installation (and before soft reset) copy the files from \windows to \residentflash\os\windows

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2007 :  19:25:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for my 314 test unit...Has anyone had luck installing apps like OziCE, it must look awsome in 800x600 !

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2007 :  21:18:39  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, Ozi works fine.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  01:32:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear, and does it indeed look awsome ? ;-)

Go to Top of Page

getlost22

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  03:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupid question. I want to change the date format from yyyy/mm/dd to mm/dd/yyyy ... I see from the link that it can be done, but either I can't find it or I'm just plain loosing it ...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  09:28:20  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where do you see that date format?

and by the way, the screen is 800x480, not 800x600

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  12:59:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes, Ozi works fine.

Hello,
Ok for install of ozi but gps don't use because nav.exe is on. How have you stop nav.exe and oasis?
Go to Top of Page

getlost22

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  14:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

When I turn on the device, my date (for example) is displayed at the top as 2007/12/09. The link to PocketCPSWorld shows the "hacked" 310 with his date as 11/18/2007 <- that's the format i want ...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  15:54:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandous
Ok for install of ozi but gps don't use because nav.exe is on. How have you stop nav.exe and oasis?

this is not true. On startup only Oasis is loaded. Nav.exe is only started when you press the center icon the first time.

After a soft reset you can immediately start Ozi.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  15:58:16  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by getlost22

quote:

When I turn on the device, my date (for example) is displayed at the top as 2007/12/09. The link to PocketCPSWorld shows the "hacked" 310 with his date as 11/18/2007 <- that's the format i want ...

in nav.exe: settings...regional...time format

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

getlost22

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  16:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, good God ... can't believe I missed that. Thanks, Lutz.

Oh, in some thread .. there's a mention of modifying NAV/Data.zip/someini file for whatever reason. It bricked my device to the point where it would be caught in a loop due to an error (presumably, due to the way data.zip was compressed - used native XP compression - I don't know if WinRAR would be any better as the file size was the same as XP's ZIP as well). I couldn't access the device as it was caught in a reboot loop.

While the screen was errored and before the reboot, I press the power/standby button until it blanked. When I pressed it again to unblank, held it down and saw the little PC Connection screen and restored the data.zip file from backup. YES! BACKUP YOUR DATA!!!

Not sure if this is the way to do it, but it worked for me. Almost had to run to work to get our backup 310 ... hehe.

Edited by - getlost22 on 09 déc. 2007 16:52:56
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2007 :  19:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For ozi, how do you make it step by step please.

Thanks.

sorry for my english :-)

ps: after reset the gps is use by another application and my serial key of ozi out.

Edited by - grandous on 10 déc. 2007 11:33:50
Go to Top of Page

mr.guybrush

3 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2007 :  09:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, just wondering whether any of you able to install TomTom 6 on the iPAQ? If you can, could you please let me know how to do it? I purchased the Australian version which is iPAQ 312. I would like to travel to Europe soon and have no idea how to get HP version of Europe map other than to install TomTom on the device. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2007 :  14:49:24  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I said already TomTom 6 doesn't work (crashes on map selection). But TomTom 5 works fine.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2007 :  20:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ lbendlin

My ipaq is an european version, on reboot, i start ozi directly but the message is the port is currently use... When i see wich applications run, there's oasis and nav.exe and if i stop nav, the ipaq reboot.

For the licence key, it's ok i put the dll in ipaq/os/windows and now she's not deleted.
Help me please to stop nav on ipaq start. Config file?

Second question, when an application want to install in my "flash disk" automatically and the don't have but only "resident..." how do you install?

Thanks

Edited by - grandous on 10 déc. 2007 20:34:07
Go to Top of Page

mr.guybrush

3 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  10:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering then...if we can't install tomtom 6 yet, is there any possibility that we exchange HP maps between the version available out there. For example mine is Australian version so I just need to get the US maps or European map from one of you guys? Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  10:48:31  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
let's be realistic. You need to _purchase_ maps. They are tied to the device ID once you activate them.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  18:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my iPAQ TomTom 6 works just fine ... version 6.00, not higher.
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  19:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more thing - to prevent gps port from being used at the very start, You should manually change the file sys.txt, which You can find here:
\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\CONFIG\sys.txt ... at the bottom You can find line:

;autostart igo
igoautostart=1

just change "1" to "0" and problem solved :)
TomTom works nice and visible area in map is huge ;)
it's really strange for someone used to 320x240 device :D
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  20:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep i'm find it but the licence key's deleted when i reboot the ipaq :-(

Which version of tomtom you are you using?
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  20:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Version of aplication 6.00 (7370)
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  20:41:46  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll try that too - it did not work (completely) with 6.030

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  21:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know where can we buy more maps ? Nothing is available through Content Manager, nothing on HP site ... Are they trying to force us to use illegal software ? :)

Edited by - pioorkis on 11 déc. 2007 21:57:00
Go to Top of Page

Franky

3 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2007 :  23:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

How do you get tomtom installed ? I trie copying the cab to a folder in the residentflash and intall it to there but it keeps filling up the program files folder and cancel's te setup due to lack of space.

Any suggestions ?

Great forum btw ! I learned alot about my device just by reading over here.
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2007 :  00:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not install, simply copy version I previously installed on one of my devices. Just copy the entire folder. It's pretty old, as I bought it many months ago ... but it sometimes happen to be useful :)

Edited by - pioorkis on 12 déc. 2007 00:29:00
Go to Top of Page

Franky

3 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2007 :  07:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaaha. Time to get out the old 6815. Can you get it to boot with the device or do you need to go via the games menu every time?

Olso are there any other voices in dutch or flemch available ? I'm used to the nice voices of tomtom and to hear a half drunk telling my way is not really plezant. It's fun for a while but after a bit it just gets annoying..
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2007 :  08:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny thing - I use polish voice and polish female voice also sound like a women with drinking problems ;)

I use it via Game Folder ... but important thing is to run TomTom first, as original Navigation occupies the gps port and tomtom cannot find gps signal when run second ... You have to do what I posted few posts before.
Go to Top of Page

Franky

3 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2007 :  12:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well tomtom works great :) I used the installation on my hw6815 and put the gps on com7. I applied the startup setting yesterday and it works so mt happy :)
Go to Top of Page

dante19

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2007 :  22:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is anyway of installing TomTom6 on a HP310's SDcard (maybe 2Gb or 4Gb Card)with autorun or unlocking software similar to MIO310 instructions identified below:

******** WARNING ***********
These Instructions are NOT for an HP310, IT Has been posted as sample for the question posed above.

1) Get an SD Card (I used the always onsale Kingston 2GB SD Card), you may get away with a 1GB if you use the 896Mb Map but I used the 1.4GB Map

2) Unzip C310Auto.zip onto your SD card. Link to download:

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/C310Auto.zip

3) Remove the GX.DLL from the your SD card since it causes problems with TomTom. Its found in <storage card>\Unlock\Windows

4) Copy (not install) TomTom Navigator 6.010 or 6.020 to the SD card with the directory structure below. Note the 1.4GB North America maps are better than the 896MB maps per discussions in this thread.

\<Map_Name_1>\<place all map files here>
\<Map_Name_2>\<place all map files here>
\TomTom\itn
\TomTom\logging
\TomTom\raster
\TomTom\raster\usa_basic.ver
\TomTom\raster\usx09_00000,00000.jpg
\TomTom\raster\usx09_00000,00000.sat
\TomTom\raster\usxe09_00000,08280.jpg
\TomTom\raster\usxe09_00000,08280.sat
\TomTom\raster\usxw09_12960,09120.jpg
\TomTom\raster\usxw09_12960,09120.sat
\TomTom\voices
\TomTom\voices\data07.chk
\TomTom\voices\data07.vif
\TomTom\voices\<place all voice files you need into this folder>
\TomTom\data.chk
\TomTom\TomTom Navigator.exe

5) Your SD cards root directory should now have the following (first 5 are directories):

\Games
\<Map_Name_1>
\Programs
\TomTom
\Unlock
\C310Auto.c31
\C310Auto.exe
\C310Auto.txt
\ReadMe.txt

6) Hard Reset of the Mio (on/off switch on bottom)

7) C310Auto.exe will unlock the unit

8) Use the RegEdit icon on the desktop (provided by the C310auto.exe) to edit the registry so TomTom can find the maps.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
--> EXPLORER
--> SHELL FOLDERS
--> My Document

Change its value to the name of SD card, "\Storage Card", in my case.

9) Create a short cut on your desktop for TomTom (Optional)

10) Start TomTom and set it up for the c310x

Next, TomTom needs to know your GPS device. For C310x, it's
Other NMEA GPS receiver
GPS Baud Rate 4800
GPS serial COM2:

11) YOUR ARE DONE!!

Edited by - dante19 on 13 déc. 2007 23:07:10
Go to Top of Page

mr.guybrush

3 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2007 :  23:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys,

sorry if I am a new bee here, but yes I also having trouble installing some program to the iPAQ.

Could u guys please teach me exactly how do you copy a program the folder program to games folder?
Is there any trick on doing that?

Cause after I copied the folder and try to run it from the games folder it says: "cannot find "program name" (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

I tried several programs and they are the same result.
Same with TomTOm.

So if possible would you teach me step by step how to do this?
Thanks again for the help.

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2007 :  23:53:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr.guybrush

Cause after I copied the folder and try to run it from the games folder it says: "cannot find "program name" (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

This is very common since most programs are written for Windows Mobile and expect some DLLs that are just not present on Windows CE.

Sometimes you will be lucky and you can use DLLs from other packages (remember there was a DLL archive for the MIOs), other times it will just not work. You will have to live with that.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2007 :  13:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, I have one question: When You run regular divx file, do You get some hickups or is the playback fluent ? Mine is not as fluent as on desktop PC :( ... I tried experimenting with different video players (TCPMP), but no change ... I think that maybe the screen resolution is "too good" ;) Do You use any program to convert the divx file to sth less demanding?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2007 :  16:29:23  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I limit the transfer rate to 250kbps and display the video in native resolution 720x480. This results in a nice smooth picture .

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2007 :  18:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could the restart the device w/o nav.exe and oasis.exe:
- copy the CECMD.EXE to your SD card
- rename the CECMD.EXE to CElauncher.exe
- put the card to the HP310
- press the reset button
- look at the screen: http://www.pdamania.hu/uploads/DSC09562.jpg

After this process you can run other GPS stuffs, and can use the COM7 for GPS.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 15 déc. 2007 18:38:34
Go to Top of Page

pioorkis

26 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2007 :  18:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for answer LUTZ :)
What program do You use to limit the transfer rate ?
Go to Top of Page

dante19

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  00:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sancho1234 - Thanks for the info on using the SDcard to run other GPS stuffs, but I have one question how do you restart HP310 with nav.exe or oasis.exe turned off? Do I have to edit a startup file? Which one? Also is there a way that the HP310 would recognize the SDcard in place and automatically start the CElauncher.exe first instead of turning/or editing the file for the the nav.exe?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  03:54:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dante, that's exactly what Sancho is about. You don't need to change anything on the device. Simply put any executable onto the SD card, call it CELauncher.exe, and reset the device.

Why don't you just try it out?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  03:56:11  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pioorkis

Thanks for answer LUTZ :)
What program do You use to limit the transfer rate ?

This is less a qestion of the program used. It more depends on the codec. I normally use the XviD codec. You can specify the bitrate in the codec configuration.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

dante19

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  04:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Ibendlin - Thanks, I guess I read to much into Sancho1234 advice. I will try it out, Thanks again to everyone
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  04:15:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Sancho1234: Here is the next challenge. You can start Bluetooth (by running BlueSoleil.exe manually) but it is limited to the A2DP service. How can we make it recognize DUN services offered by other devices?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  15:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a good question! :)

I tested a WIDCOMM driver (from Chan http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm), but it could not work with HP310.

The BlueSoleil works by the CELauncher.exe one on the system, but I am not connect to the Bluetooth net.

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

IDMD

Russia
2 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2007 :  17:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Could someone help me, How i can do my ipaq 310 into ipaq 316?
There is may i dowmload any software?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  07:27:21  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean you want to change the OS language? As far a I know there is no ROM update available for the 310 yet.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mwlodarc

7 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  11:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed theus usb mode,but activesync displays an error:

"Cannot verify the version of ActiveSync on your device. A program such as firewall may be blocking a port ActiveSync uses to connect to the device, or you may need to upgrade to a more recent version of ActiveSync on the PC."

I have ActiveSync 4.5.0 and it works correctly with standard ipaq pda.

What can I do now?
Go to Top of Page

mpogr

Israel
6 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  11:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of words about this device.

First of all, looks like a very good platform. The CPU and the screen are awesome; it has Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR, so the potential is great.

Second, some people ask why mess with hacking this device. So, guys, listen up, here's what I need.

I use my device primarily for GPS navigation in Israel, Western Europe and North America. I travel a lot, so I do really need that much of navigation diversity.
Also, my car back home in Israel is Citroen 5 which has some sort of anti-radiation coating on the windshield. That’s why GPS performance is significantly reduced when the receiver is positioned under the windshield and that’s why I’d like to continue using my current external Bluetooth GPS receiver with an external antenna (meaning I need Bluetooth SPP client profile).

Also, I’d like to use this device for general Outlook stuff (emails, contacts and calendar). I want to synchronize it with my company’s Exchange server. I also would like to do this over the air; for this I need Bluetooth DUN or PAN client support (my phone supports both).

Last but not least, I’d like to use this device for Web browsing and entertainment (games, music/audiobooks and video). This requires A2DP and preferably AVRC Bluetooth support.

Is this all this doable with this device?

P.S. I currently have an IPAQ 5555 for 4 years. It served me well so far, but started making problems recently (batteries are draining fast, spontaneous resets, wireless not sticking etc.), so it’s probably dying. I also wanted to move to a newer platform so future software will work without problems.
Go to Top of Page

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  15:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope some of you experimenters are working with TCPMP. I really need the right version, installation method and dlls. I have a couple hundred avi movies encoded at 640x480 128 divx that I really do not want to re-encode.

I have installed TCPMP and it runs but the videos are really slow and choppy. I have run it without the nav and oasis running and it is the same thing. I have tried to install GAPI but have to run it in emulator mode and TCPMP does not see it is there.

Any help or suggestions welcome...

Also, the included media player will not play them. That is why I am trying to get TCPMP up and running.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@okcrew: Just use the standard 0.72 RC1 - either GDI or raw framebuffer will work.

Do NOT stretch the video to fill the screen, play at 100%. That way you avoid recalcultion of each frame.

how high is the percentage of dropped frames?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  18:16:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@mpogr

This is a Windows CE device. You will want a Windows Mobile device. I know the screen is nice but you could also get a Toshiba G900 with a similar screen.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mpogr

Israel
6 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  19:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@mpogr

This is a Windows CE device. You will want a Windows Mobile device. I know the screen is nice but you could also get a Toshiba G900 with a similar screen.

With all due respect to Toshiba, there are 2 important drawbacks with it:
1. 2x price tag
2. The screen resolution is the same but the size is not! So I doubt it can be effectively (meaning without endangering my eyes) used for navigation.
And what do I significantly miss here comparing to Windows Mobile 6? Is it MSWord/PPT stuff?
The only thing that I'm not yet sure about is the support for various BT profiles (DUN/PAN, SPP, A2DP and AVCRP), all the rest is there.
One last thing: can't someone with right tools make Windows Mobile 6 (probably ripped off other new IPAQs) work in the 310? Any chance HP will provide it some day?
Go to Top of Page

IDMD

Russia
2 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  20:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You mean you want to change the OS language? As far a I know there is no ROM update available for the 310 yet.

Hi, i just want to change the OS language on Russian.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  21:36:17  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mpogr
The only thing that I'm not yet sure about is the support for various BT profiles (DUN/PAN, SPP, A2DP and AVCRP), all the rest is there.
One last thing: can't someone with right tools make Windows Mobile 6 (probably ripped off other new IPAQs) work in the 310? Any chance HP will provide it some day?

BT is seriously crippled. The built-in BT stub does not recognize the hardware, and the BlueSoleil stack is extremely minimalistic, basically just Handsfree/Voice Gateway profile. None of the profiles you mentioned are supported.

Why on earth should HP provide WM6 for this device? They market it as a locked down, one-shot PND, not as a future proof Pocket PC.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  21:38:49  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@IDMD : If you can somehow get the ROM off the 316 then you should be able to force it onto a 310. If you don't succeed you have to wait for an updated 316 ROM that you could then force-feed onto the 310. But - will they ever release one? I doubt it.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mpogr

Israel
6 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  22:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin

If BT is so crippled, it really sucks.

As for HP releasing full-fledged WM6, I bet you're right, they never will.

Why on earth nobody thinks about manufacturing a full-fledged WM6 device with 310-alike hardware? Maybe the only thing I would add to this is WiFi. The upcoming 210 is close, but it's missing the WGA screen as well as the built-in GPS (the later is not a big deal for me though).

Really, I'm prepared to pay >600$ price tag for a device with such specs... Am I alone?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  14:46:21  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could get a HTC Advantage - the only difference is a VGA screen, not WVGA. But it has everything else, and much more than the 310.

My review is up at

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/ipaq310.php

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  20:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin: I asked the developers Bluetooth from hardware, that can be opened. It was said that he is this BlueSoleil unfortunately an lousy, and solving the audio transfer was heavy.

You can try it with a WLAN card the machine?

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  21:38:56  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
köszi, sancho. I don't have a WLAN card any more to test this though...

I have downloaded the BlueSoleil SDK - it refuses to install on the iPAQ but maybe we can copy the stuff over manually.

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/products/wince/index.php

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/download/downloadfile/Bluesoleil_CE_Eva_7.30.zip

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  21:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was a WLAN card of mine, but I sold unfortunately. Was for it driver for WinCE:
http://www.pretec.com/epages/Store.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.Pretec/Categories/Download/testinout

IVT: Does this variant work?

Go to Top of Page

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  22:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbendlin... That helped but now my 640x480 looks awful small. My Mio c310x can stretch and play the files fine with little if any dropped frames. I run GAPI on it. Unfortunately, there is no GAPI profile that I can find to fit the HP. There must be a good combination of dlls that would get TCPMP to run well on the HP.

On the plus side, the 640x480 picture is very nice. I would just like to use all of the screen realty.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  22:21:03  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you find the gx.dll in the game folders, and in the Nav folder too. Not sure it really works for the device (my screenshot program fails to load the DLL)

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  00:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried that with no luck... I'm not up enough on all different dll and display formats ie. GDI, direct draw, GPI etc... to figure it out myself. I was hoping some tweaker enthusiast had an iPaq 310 and was working on it. Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

tgen

3 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  17:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has any one was able to install TomTom 6?
more important - i have Igo 2006 maps that i need to use (i have the US version of the 310). can anyone know how to do that. I'll guess there is a need for separate installation....

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  17:45:56  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
iGO may not run (doe to missing DLLs) but MioMap 3.2 should work since it is PNA based too.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

tgen

3 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  18:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lutz! Any idea how can we add maps? I contacted HP but they sent me to NavNgo who sent me to HP who... you get the idea...

i have IGO 2006 and TT 6.03 which i need but can't use :(
Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  21:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have been trying to get some own software to work in Ipaq 314, but so far with limited success only. The most annoying problem is that something is locking the GPS port (if it really is COM7) so that I can't communicate programmatically with the GPS module at all. Lastly, I tried to change the parameter 'igoautostart' from 1 to 0 in ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\CONFIG\SYS.TXT, but it didn't have any effect. Does anybody know what is that parameter for?
In my experiments, COM7 was the only existing serial port in the range COM1...COM20 which was locked. If it is really the port for GPS, does anybody know how to unlock it for general software??? Oasis and Nav.exe are not in use as I start from CELauncher.exe in SD card.

Edited by - Artos on 21 déc. 2007 21:17:43
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  00:18:44  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had no problem with COM7 on my 310. Maybe you need to look at how you open and read the port. Post some sample code.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  01:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the SerialPort class in .NET 2.0. The same standard code works e.g. in Pocket PC 2003. I have experience working with serial ports and I guess some other code is blocking COM7, maybe just for nuisance... Trying Open() throws IOException. This means "The port is in an invalid state. - or - An attempt to set the state of the underlying port failed." I assume the most common settings Parity.None and StopBits.One, but have tried some other setting also. Also tried the commercial GeoFramework.IO.Devices.Detect(), and it didn't find any GPS device either. The included GpsViewer works, i.e. can access COM7, but it might not be a standard version(!)? One suspect is gpsmc.exe, I don't know what is that for?
I hope the European version 314 is not more crippled than the version you have tested!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  02:14:24  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure the .NOT 2 is a=ctually supported - you should always try native code first.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

pat_ty

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  06:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this little bit off topic, but I'm seriously need advices. I'm going to buy PNA but I can't decide which one should I go with, Mio C520 or iPaq 310. I've read the guide to unlock Mio C520 and that device can install more navigation softwares, which is the main point I concern. Should I go with C520 with stable features, ie bluetooth, or iPaq 310 with more hardware features.

PS. I'm doing a research and have a plan to buy one of these in 2 months.

Mio C520 3.3 Dec 19 2007
Map US 2007.07
Jerry Skin 2008/01/29
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  08:44:57  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Artos: I was good at other software on the COM7 port (Russa). But only if the HP (blue) framework does not run system, I stopped it with the known method (\Storage Card\CELauncher.exe).
The COM7 port is free already at this time.

Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  11:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am already using \Storage Card\CELauncher.exe but in my Ipaq that doesn't release COM7. My version is Ipaq 314 (for Western Europe), OS Image (from Control Panel\Device Information) is 1.00.02. GpsViewer claims to be version 3 v1.2P. Its .exe is dated 19 JUN 2007. @Sancho123 and @IBendlin: I would like to know which versions you are using?
I installed demo version of Russa, but it doesn't even start up (OS claims it can't find some component of Russa).

Edited by - Artos on 22 déc. 2007 11:21:47
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  13:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have tested navigon6 on this ipaq? Is it ok and which version?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2007 :  13:56:24  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Artos: HP iPAQ 316 (EEU), OS Images: 1.00.02, ROM: 1.00.02 26/10/2007, GpsViewer 3 v1.2P

Russa legal freeware .cab: http://gps.info-racio.hu/dl.php?dt=I&fn=Russa-Free_CAB.zip&id=Russa-Free_CAB.zip_i and copy the "aygshell.dll" beside the others.

Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2007 :  01:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thnx @Sancho!!: I got the russian language Russa working! Two year old english version didn't work. Can anybody post some code which can access this Ipaq's GPS port? I still suspect it is normally blocked and requires some trick to make it accessible.

Edited by - Artos on 26 déc. 2007 02:04:58
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2007 :  04:14:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any luck running NoniGPS Plot ? Get the dreaded "missing component" error. Tried running the executability check but it closes down upon launch...

Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2007 :  02:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@IBendlin suggested that COM7 would open using native methods.
I have just tested that COM7 can be opened and read by using OpenNETCF.org's Serial Port Communication API. As I noted earlier, .NET 2 SerialPort class didn't work here though it is "Supported by the .NET Compact Framework". Thus my initial fear that the port might be blocked more severely, didn't realize...
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2007 :  04:51:47  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There you go. All navigation programs are written in C (not even C++) and you'll have no problem if you do the same.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Artos

Finland
7 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2007 :  11:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In general CF 2 seems to work rather well in Ipaq - I will do my higher level programming in C#. SerialPort class works well in PC and is claimed to work with CF 2, but e.g. in this case couldn't be used out of the box. Unfortunately, even with standardized IO one still often has to use lower level programming.
By the way, in Pocket PC 2003 (Qtek 2020i) I had no problems using the same SerialPort class to access BT GPS.

Edited by - Artos on 26 déc. 2007 23:57:45
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2007 :  17:26:32  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing what type of GPS app you are programming ;-)

As a follow-up to the Video discussion, I ran some benchmarks with TCPMP 0.72 (the higher the percentage the better) with the Matrix trailers available here http://shintak.info/ppc/download/betaplayer/sample/ - CPU in "turbo" mode :

Rés.  Zoom/fit Zoom/100%         Pilot
640x480     81	         87	        Raw
480x320     84	        123		GDI
480x320    100	        141		Raw
320x240    245	        267		Raw

Clearly it struggles to stretch the picture on the whole screen but if you play at 100% there will be blanks on the side, unless you encode at 800x480 but there aren't too many sources that will let you do that for now. The Centraliyt Titan isn't too shabby though as the Samsung 400Mhz used on other AIOs topped out at 130% if memory serves.

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2007 :  19:35:29  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion:

Take into consideration that the TCPMP does not support the Centraliyt Titan, while the Intel one yes.

Read Menneisyys blog: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=2373&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 :)

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2007 :  21:02:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"support" as in "being optimized"? Possibly, I'm not seeing anything specific about Centrality in what you linked? Could be interesting to see the performance of the 310 with these mpeg4 files though, have you tried?

At the end of the way we need to make do with what we have and the 31x is nothing to sneeze at;-)

Went for a short walk yesterday with the 314 running OziCE and the result was excellent although by default it shows the absolute altitude, not the MSL altitude, an old SiRF problem, OziCE has a setting for that.

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2007 :  21:32:32  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for what it's worth, I have no problem to play my 720x480 NTSC movies full screen (ok, with tiny black borders left and right) in full resolution. No resizing necessary.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  02:59:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin - and no frames dropped ?

On another matter has anyone figured out in which file the GPS COM 7 port was defined in the current Ipaq navigation application? Since the speedcam alerts work at random, I'm trying to figure out if there is a was to use an external plugin.

Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  18:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know active the speedlimit panel on navigation screen as miomap with km/h?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  18:29:24  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandous

Do you know active the speedlimit panel on navigation screen as miomap with km/h?

Thanks

Try again - it is not clear what you want.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  20:01:37  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think he's asking if you can display the speed sign as in MioMap, not that I know of and this is more "skin" related than "Customizing" related ;-)

Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  07:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
POSTED A NEW TOPIC for this question
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103990
---------------------------------
Hi,
[navy]Wondering if anyone can help me with a track import question. After recording a track log on my iPAQ 310 I can export it as a GPX file and manipulate it into say a Google Earth file to visualise on my PC. However I have no idea how to do the reverse...
I have created tracks/paths in Google Earth which are a bit off road (bike tracks) and I want to be able to import them onto my iPAQ 310 so I can see them on the iPAQ while riding in the area. The .trk files seem to be encrypted and not a standard .trk ascii file.
Using the Import Route function of HP's Content Manager software imports them as Waypoints and then the Navigation software trys to create a route to get to each of the waypoints.
Any ideas.
Thanks !

Edited by - jaredr on 30 déc. 2007 00:06:16
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  13:17:28  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good question, but I would repost in a new topic ;-)

Go to Top of Page

rshahriar

1 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  19:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Navigon 2100, so i legally own a navigon gps software. will i be be able to use that in ipaq 310? some please shed some light on it, please.

Has anybody used it so far?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  19:10:23  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Won't work and you can't use the software from another GPS anyway, reread the license that came with your 2100.

Go to Top of Page

mlandau

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  21:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a NOOB, so please excuse the question-

Where do I put the TCPMP program physically, on my sd card that has my movies, or does it go in the HP 310 built-in memory? If so, do I save it to the games folder?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  02:36:18  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can put it whereever you want. Putting it in the Games folder (in its own subfolder) has the advantage that you can access it from the standard UI as just another game.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mlandau

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  04:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  19:30:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That 310 is really a neat device when it comes to customizing it, take your pick of CELauncher or the Game menu ;-) For GPS apps the CE Launcher method is preferable though since the iPaq navigation program doesn't get launched automatically.

Go to Top of Page

digitalfreeze

15 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  22:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
That 310 is really a neat device when it comes to customizing it, take your pick of CELauncher or the Game menu ;-) For GPS apps the CE Launcher method is preferable though since the iPaq navigation program doesn't get launched automatically.

You can stop iGO from launching automatically be editing sys.txt.

pioorkis mentiones this on page 5.

Edited by - digitalfreeze on 31 déc. 2007 23:03:51
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2008 :  01:13:27  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
True, I had forgotten about that option, one more !

Go to Top of Page

herbamatic

2 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  02:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it fairly straight forward to write and compile programs for the 310?
If so, any recommendations for a programing toolchain?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  04:37:18  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, EVC4 works just fine. Obviously you will want to steer clear of VS2005 etc.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

herbamatic

2 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  17:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendations, Lutz
Any one been able to dig up a data sheet for the Titan chip? Centrality website for documents seems to be down, Sirf's pages are not too helpful.
I realize I probably won't gain too much, but I am pretty curious.
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  17:57:57  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://ddc.sirf.com/userLogin.php

http://www.sirf.com/products/SiRFtitanProductInsert.pdf

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  23:05:57  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
guys, after getting Terminal Services Client to work it's really becoming more tempting to get at least Bluetooth to behave a bit better. I know theBlueSoleil stack supports PAN, but the version that can be downloaded from the IVT site is very old. Does anyone have an idea how we could get the missing components for the newer Bluesoleil stack that's used in the 310? sancho1234, any links into NavNGo development?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  23:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

sancho1234, any links into NavNGo development?

Are you looking at the settings in the registry?

I am sorry for it, but the developers were able to bring only this much out from it.

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 02 janv. 2008 23:13:06
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  23:15:26  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe...that one should be easier then, grandous was asking it it was possible to show the speedlimit signs on the map ? ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  23:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Hehe...that one should be easier then, grandous was asking it it was possible to show the speedlimit signs on the map ? ;-)

Were you looking for this opportunity already in the data.zip?

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  23:33:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I realize it's a bit OT here (but in my defence we don't have a 310 skins topic yet !) and I'm not sure where to look so if you have a quick pointer or two ;-)

Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  00:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, noob here:)
Just got iPAQ 310 from Amazon for $200.
After reading most of the posts here.
I tried a couple of videos on it, they were really choppy, so after adding CECMD.exe, I went to control panel and opened up "CPM Test", it was showing cpu:300, at that time it was connected to the computer through USB, I pulled out the USB connector, and clicked on "refresh" it started to show cpu:600...
I tried playing the same videos, and they were smooth as they can be.

Why would the cpu clock be limited to 300Mhz when USB is connected?
Go to Top of Page

ubiquityman

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2008 :  05:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be just a way to charge the unit faster, or it could be that there just isn't enough current from the USB cable to run at full speed and stay below the 500mA limit.

Might be a good feature actually.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05