Service firmware for nuvi200W 250W 270W
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

neadrenalin

483 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2007 :  21:36:39  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nuvi has service mode (called PRE BOOT MODE) in which unit stays operable for some functions, such as firmware recovery.

To access this mode hold POWER and do not release it.

g7towin can access unit this mode and read/write some data (almanach, time, versions...)

Mapsource CAN NOT write maps in this mode, cause of nuvi limited capabilities. The main way to access maps - use USB Mass Storage Device Mode.

You can not revert firmware to older version using gupdate.gcd method.

Related topics how to use these files and cure your unit:
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95274
and
http://www.garniak.pl/viewtopic.php?t=917

Latest cure+original versions for different HWID:

ID 0835
http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xx/fw_nuvi2xxW_v340_ID0835_all_en_cure_no_gpx_no_maps_no_bootloader_gupdate.rar

ID 0737
(separated archives)
http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xx/fw_nuvi2xxw_en_v260.rar
(special for sungari :) )

Cure version
http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xx/fw_nuvi2xxw_en_cure_v260.rar

ID 0780 (TAIWAN VERSION ONLY!)
http://e-trex.info/fw/nuvi/2xxW/fw_nuvi2x0W_ID0780_tw_v380.rar

HOW TO know what HWID you have in your nuvi:
1. disconnect usb
2. shift-and-hold power button
3. attach usb
4. let windows to detect and install your device
5. run g7towin
6. select menu gps-get gps id
7. find appropriate ID in the list

Edited by - neadrenalin on 01 janv. 2009 10:22:48

Ads

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2007 :  14:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I tried to use your "cure" firmware without success. I got a nüvi 200 (not W) bougth in italy with italian map, I tried to load with Mapsource also germany but after the restart the nüvi displayed the message "Loading Maps" and nothing happens, the device is also not connectable to the PC via USB. I tried to flash the "260" firmware and after the "310_cure" but with no success. What else I can do ?
The test-mode activation by pressing the lower left corner of the display doesn't work
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7492 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2007 :  15:53:26  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mm:

Please do not post duplicate questions. The other one has been removed.

Thanks,

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

483 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  01:23:48  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mm23500, you should use solve from (1) link on 1. step on page.

1. Do you succeded to flash at all any rgn service firmware?
2. If yes, used 2.60 'cure' and deleted gmapsupp.img and other .img maps?
(After flash do not disconnect usb and let unit be mass storage device)

Shift-and-hold power button
Connect usb
wait for system's drivers searching. if something needs to install help windows to find driver.
run updater with 'cure' version in the same folder (you should delete from name 'cure' word)
select usb device nuvi
click ok to update
_release_ power button when you see 'LOADER' message
cross your fingers
after flash do not disconnect usb and enter the nuvi\garmin folder
delete .img and .gcd files, delete poi and gpx files
disconnect usb
power off unit

then proceed the flash with usual original service firmware
shift-and-hold
attach usb
run updater
release power button when 'LOADER' appear
cross your fingers
disconnect usb
restart unit - it's operable. now use mapsource.

Go to Top of Page

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  08:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Neadrenalin thank you so much for the answer.
At first: I apologize for my bad english, since I'm not a native speaker.

1) The biggest issue I have is indeed that the Nuvi isn't recognized by my PC as a USB mass storage unit,

no USB even after flashing the "260.rgn" firmware, except for a few seconds when I pull the power slider and the program updater.exe allows me to "see" the Nuvi and proceed to flashing.

2) I already downloaded and installed the garmin usb drivers as you described above and the hardware manager of both winxp and vista say that the unit is working properly.

3) I remarked that by interrupting the flashing process on purpose, the display shows "System software missing" and the unit is perpetually USB connected, however, not as a mass storage unit. Only the program updater.exe perpetually recognizes the presence on the USB of the NUvi unit.

4) If I re-flash "0066001000310cure.rgn" the unit recovers, it at first boots once, that reboots and shows "loading", "loading software" etc.. as usual. After re-booting it shows the "Loading Maps..." screen and freezes.

5) If with the USB cable connected I slide the power button it shows "Charging battery" screen and if I slide again "No detailed maps found that support routing" screen and now, if I tip the screen in a corner for a while if shows the usual "where to..." and "Maps" screen, however still USB mass storage support.

In this state the unit allows me to go through all menus but only for a few seconds, then it inexplicably freezes.
I need a firmware that does nothing but allowing access to the unit as a mass storage.

Go to Top of Page

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  08:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I say that it is a Nuvi 200 - not "W" unit ? Obviously I used the right .rgn firmware, not the "W" firmwares.
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

483 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  19:18:30  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know what is bad - steps 1-3 are clear for you and me, for step (4) I have some explanation: unit has newer version for firmware on internal storage and it flashes every time. So the process looks like:
power->boot bad new fw-> hang on bad poi/gpi/maps->restart->
and you try to reflash cure->have success (unit reflashed)->restart cure->unit finds in internals newer gupdate.gcd and flashes it->you have had newer firmware again and restart.

So, I need to provide cure2 version (of cource I saw your unit name: '200' and proceed to necesary topics. :) Wait for some time.
All the nuviz have the same scheme bug and in nuviz7xx garminz removed last user chance to recover unit with service firmware.
Go to Top of Page

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  11:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no word enough to say how much I wish to thank you !
Go to Top of Page

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  11:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please, provide me also with the steps to delete the bad files in the unit as soon as I'm again able to get into the nuvi with your cure2 firmware.
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

483 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  22:01:09  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can nothing to add to my message http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95274&whichpage=2 (Posted - 09/26/2007 : 19:21)
cure version 3.10 is right and it should work. Double check used firmware, maybe you use 2.60 cure for update instead of 3.10 (in the same folder there are two rgn files). When you run updater the name must be 066001000310.rgn and in the folder no other files:
updater.exe
066001000310.rgn
(taken from fw_nuvi2xx_v310_en_cure_no_gpx_no_maps_no_bootloader_gupdate.rar)
Maybe we should move to the 200's topic.
Go to Top of Page

mm23500

16 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  07:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, I'll try 310cure.rgn again and I'll post further comments to the "200" topic
Go to Top of Page

dmnamibia

Namibia
64 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  17:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GPS SW 260 - Unit say 200W SW say 250W ver. 2 (boot loader). Speech all wrong every thing after TWO 1 does not work. Need to say turn right 560 meter it will say turn right 6 meter and 70 kilometer. Tried to go back as described. - Updater picks up USB links after 15 seconds holding start switch. Then say no new software for device? Help?

Nuvi 200w, 260w, 750, 780, 1410, 200wTW, 760TW - Data logger's
Go to Top of Page

DaniXDX

2 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2008 :  18:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

HELLO!

I have a 250W nuvi dead. Only lights in the boot mode. I updated with the "2.60 cure," everything has gone well, but I still could not access the memory of GPS ... I can not erase the bad maps!

Do I wrong?
Go to Top of Page

dmnamibia

Namibia
64 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  23:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think why Updater is saying no software for unit 2xxw is because I have unit MT3318 GPS M (Not Sirf) can you help neadrenalin?

Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

483 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:49:27  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dmnamibia,
no. search for another reason. maybe you use wrong file.
updater.exe
0XXX01000YYY.rgn
the names must looks like this.

Go to Top of Page

dmnamibia

Namibia
64 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  19:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When pressing start button inserting USB cable unit says
nuvi 250W (Unit ID 3376260401)
Updating software Version 2.20 Initalizing ...
Then popup Updater
No updates are available for your product.
(The sequence same if I press on battery and then insert USB)
Both rar files do this. GPS Software say 2.60
Am I missing the boot loader?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05