|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 19 janv. 2008 : 20:12:23
I have used my 310 now for about two weeks and these are some things I would like to see fixed or improved:
1. Volume of the TTS voices. They need to be much louder.
2. Pronunciation needs to be improved for the TTS voices.
3. Top level listing for the POIs that have distance values selected for sub-categories should be flagged to indicate that sub-categories have a distance value selected.
4. I love the overview mode but the scalability suffers. I think that Overview zoom level needs to have two scales; one for feet (1000 to 10000) and one for miles (1 mile to 10 or 20 miles). This will allow for a little tweaking of the overhead view you get when you go into overview mode.
5. Re-enable pedestrian mode.
6. The transparent icons that appear when you tap on the map screen need to be more solid on the daytime map. Actually I think that they don't need to be transparent at all. Since they only appear for a few seconds and there is no way to make them permanent it would improve readability to make them solid (or at least less transparent).
7. The miles and time to next via and the miles and eta to destination are are important and should be more visable. I suggest that they be selectable by the current icons in their current location but the data be displayed directly under the large next turn icon. They should have a font that would make them easily readable.
8. When doing a search of all POIs for a particular name the results can be shown in alphabetically or by distance. It would be nice to also see the arranaged by category. So this would show all the businesses, shopping, etc...listed together.
9. I don't understand why there is a bluetooth icon on screen in the upper left hand corner and a blue lighted LED. I would think that just one display indicating that bluetooth is active would be enough.
10. Need to have the outlook sync function fixed so that it will not remove contacts from your PC outlook list when you remove them from the GPS contact list.
11. Having the capability to show POI icons on the map screen is a nice feature. However once the icon is shown on the map screen, tapping the icon should bring up detail information for that POI. If the icon includes more than one POI it should bring up a list of the POIs for that icon.
12. It would be nice to have a way of repeating the last voice instruction. I suggest that tapping the large next turn icon might be a good tap position.
13. Showing the current compass direction (N, S, E and W) somewhere on the map page would be nice.
14. Change the logic for the power switch. It is too easy to have the unit turn on while transporting it in your pocket or backpack. I suggest a long press to turn on (>2 seconds) and a short press (<1 second) to turn off.
15. Separate volume controls for MP3 audio playback and TTS voice settings.
16. If possible, add TTS voice directions for destination on left or right of your route.
17. Add additional controls and settings for speed cameras.
18. After having my iPAQ 310 mistakenly power on (five times now) while being transported, I too would like to suggest that some logic be added to the power on/off switch to prevent draining the batteries while carrying the unit in a briefcase or purse.
It may seem like I don't like my 310 but the opposite is true. I love this device better than any other gps I have tried. It has a unique set of features that are not found on most units. I just want it to be the best gps around.
Please add your opinions and maybe the HP engineers will take notice of some of our suggestions.
edited 1/19/08 to add item 11.
edited 1/20/08 to add item 12 and 13.
edited 1/21/08 to add item 14
edited 1/21/08 to change title to include all iPAQ 31X devices
edited 1/29/08 to add item 15, 16 and 17
ecited 2/15/08 to add item 18
|14 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 07 mai 2008 : 09:48:07
1.Improvement video player to play full screen all the movies in to a playlist (without being necessary to touch the screen after each movie).
2.Bluetooth to read my GSM phonebook...and display my received calls..missed calls...agenda on device display.
3.Receive the 2008 upgrade of maps ( in many countries IGO8 have new improuved maps for 2008).
4.On navigate the map is in permanent movements or rotations - please correct that soon to be more stable.
5.FIx speedcam icon problem ( same icon apear for fix-speedcam,redlight,mobile-speedcam...etc).
||Posted - 22 avr. 2008 : 07:34:29
Already done...though I know they read us here anyway!
||Posted - 22 avr. 2008 : 05:21:52
@infama -- Since you seem to be the man in the know, would it be possible for you to point the HP engineering team or your HP contact to these improvements/fixes/suggestions?
||Posted - 21 avr. 2008 : 16:57:41
2 more wishes...from iGo8!
Two different user modes let the user interface fit your needs: with Simple mode the main functions are close at hand, while in Advanced mode you have access to the full functionality of the software
The Simple mode can be used intuitively, even without reading the manual. It contains the simplest commands to drive the user to the desired destination.
At the same time, a rich and powerful user interface capabilities are retained via an advanced mode. The Advanced mode is made for those picky users and gadget lovers who expect the best innovative features from their navigation devices.
Advanced POI management: Search, save, and load your own POIs and routes and share them on the Internet! (supporting Google Maps/Google Earth formats)
||Posted - 16 avr. 2008 : 11:22:51
- Fix the bug with the elevation reading, which is around 40-50m too high.
- Fix the voices issue. It is pathetic that individual users can fix this by using TTS voices from TomTom. A fix from HP is urgently required.
- Improve the cockpit view: Allow the controls and informations being displayed on a side panel as with Igo 6 and 8, or on the Mio devices.
- Allow more customizations of the cockit view. The user should be able to select the informations and control buttons to be displayed, similar to the way this is handled in TomTom devices.
For NavNGo, Igo:
- Support signposts! The absence of signpost information (no "reality view" required) similar to Navigon is a severe weakness of the Navigation software.
- Provide 3D buildings for more cities, and more buildings in each city. These 3D-buildings appear not to be just a nice gimmick, but can actually help being oriented in a unknown environment.
||Posted - 29 janv. 2008 : 17:36:59
1) How about a case that does not automatically push the power button when it is squeezed? I just got back from a trip and had my 310 in my cabin bag with the usual magazines and other long-airplane-trip necessities. Somewhere during the trip it went on, so now the battery is dead.
Or do we have to hope that Saunders comes up with a Rhino-skin case?
2) How about an automatic-off option that will turn the unit off when no motion is detected for a configurable time interval? The GPS turns on automatically when power from the car adapter comes up, but stays on until the battery dies after the car is turned off. This is just dumb.
||Posted - 28 janv. 2008 : 22:48:36
destination roadsides are included in the TeleAtlas raw data. But iGO decided not to buy that attribute. (TomTom have it now, albeit only visually, not spoken)
||Posted - 26 janv. 2008 : 02:37:43
That function of TTS (destination left or right) is actually supplied by the map company, so TeleAtlas would be the one needing to modify their map data. They don't have that functionality as of yet (I believe).
||Posted - 26 janv. 2008 : 01:51:27
I think they also need to modify the TTS to say whether the destination is on the right or left like Garmin..
||Posted - 25 janv. 2008 : 21:55:09
What Maps are included with the 310 and is there good Canadian Coverage - I can not seem to find this info
||Posted - 25 janv. 2008 : 02:55:13
@gpspassion -- Thanks for the link. I hope others find it useful and will add to the the list. Like I said before, I love this unit and I just want it to be the best unit with, hopefully, the most useful features.
||Posted - 25 janv. 2008 : 00:50:05
Thanks for starting and updating this list, I have linked to it from the main 310 topic.
||Posted - 22 janv. 2008 : 04:36:55
Well, I hate to say this but my 310 is heading back to Amazon. On the way home tonight it went from functioning to dots on the screen in about a second. Called HP they wanted to repair unit and might take up to two weeks. Called Amazon (I got the unit two weeks ago from the $200 Friday sale) and they will pay for shipping back to them and ship me a new unit. Now that is what I call customer service.
In trying to fix the unit I reset it (still did't work) removed the battery for 15 minutes and then rebooted. It will get to the white hp screen and then go black with dots. Once in that condition the only way to power off is by removing the battery. HP T/S says they never heard of this before.
Anybody else have this happen?
||Posted - 21 janv. 2008 : 20:52:19
More stable speedcam support for us in Europe (314).
And more options to set when and where it will warn for them.