Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 GPS Dataloggers and Geocoding
 [TOPIC] AMOD AGL 3080 Photo Tracker - v2.5 update
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

rayl

1 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2008 :  12:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I'm new to this forum, and recently started on GPS logging.

I bought the AMOD and i'm very happy with the result. I tried the Holux + Nokia E61 combo, but the logging data was not accurate and unstable.

Anyways, just to say thanks for all the posting!
Go to Top of Page

TonyW.

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2008 :  15:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by knel

deleted for space. . . .

My problem now is: WHAT ABOUT THE WAYPOINT/MARK BUTTON?

I press it plenty of times and I can't see any waypoint mark inside the .log file (HoudahGPS Support told me that it should start with: GPWPL). Any ideas? When I convert the file to Google Earth, it doesn't show any waypoint either. THANKS!! And sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

It seems like I read in the document files for the software that came with the 3080 that they would be marked in a different color. (red,blue) I forget.

I guess your stuck using their software ?

Edited by - TonyW. on 12 févr. 2008 15:30:16
Go to Top of Page

knel

Argentina
7 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2008 :  16:01:14  Show Profile  Visit knel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not using their software, I'm using HoudahGPS to convert the logs to KML files. And I'm testing HoudahGEO for geotagging. But I checked the log code and it hasn't any GPWPL string in it, which are the waypoints strings.

http://www.canelson.com.ar
--
Macbook 2Ghz CoreDuo | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD
Sony DSC-H1 Digital Camera
AMOD AGL3080 GPS

Go to Top of Page

trs2004

20 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  04:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time posting after a lot of lurking and learning.

Finally decided to buy an AMOD GPS Photo Tracker AGL3080 after comparing the features of many different models. What made the difference was the simple interface, easy flagging, standard AAA batteries and direct downloading via USB. I was even able to save the log file to my Epson P-3000 so when my computer is not nearby, I can still save the files for later use. This for me was the big plus. I feel much more comfortable without being tied to a special program to retrieve the data.

The GPS Log manager by JetPhoto is also easy to use and quickly shows the log track in Google Earth. The GPS was under several layers of winter clothing and the track tends to occasionally wander but accurately shows where I stopped and crossed the street a few times.

In AMOD Photo Tracker v1.2.2, merging the track and photos is easy to do but when I click on the display in Google Map button, the result is displaced 1853 kilometers west of my position.The coordinates in Google Earth and the log file agree so I don't know why Google Map is about 24 degrees off.
Go to Top of Page

Ilogalam

6 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  09:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning to buy an amod 3080 and to use it with an epson p-3000. Did you have any problem transfering the files ?
Go to Top of Page

trs2004

20 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  13:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saving to my P-3000 could not have been easier. Plug the 3080 into the host device USB port, select USB device / backup USB device and you're done. A great combination in the field to save both pictures and GPS logs.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  13:33:42  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, alhtough I am also seeing "jumps" in the logs now, only when using the 3080 on foot it seems, I wonder if they haven't enabled the dreaded static navigation setting...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

TonyW.

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  00:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there an easy way to modify it ?

quote:
Originally posted by trs2004

. . . . . In AMOD Photo Tracker v1.2.2, merging the track and photos is easy to do but when I click on the display in Google Map button, the result is displaced 1853 kilometers west of my position.The coordinates in Google Earth and the log file agree so I don't know why Google Map is about 24 degrees off.

Update the software. It fixes it.
http://www.amod.com.tw/Support/support.htm
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  01:05:06  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only if you can connect to the gps module from a PC and I'm not seeing a way to do that, again, I'm not sure SN is on, but these problems are pretty typical of SN as explained in the article I linked.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

trs2004

20 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  01:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TonyW.

Is there an easy way to modify it ?

[quote]Originally posted by trs2004

. . . . .

Update the software. It fixes it.

Thanks for the tip, that fixed it. Now my pictures don't move 1853 km
Go to Top of Page

trs2004

20 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  03:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious as to how long this GPS will last on one charge, I inserted three rechargeable Energizer AAA batteries (NiMH, 900mAh) Next I turned the unit on and placed it on my second floor window shelf with a north-east view of the sky. The logs show that after 18h 05min and 36sec, the unit stopped working. The log file was 19,472kB.

The center of the target is the location of the unit. The circle has a radius of 20m. The majority of the wandering seems limited to that part of the sky that was visible during the test and was generally within a 20m radius of the unit. Is that good? Remember that the unit did not physically move during the test.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2008 :  02:05:13  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks quite normal for indoor logging, yes !

I did get confirmation that Static Navigation is indeed enabled on the v2 models of the 3080 and this cannot be changed. I mentioned that having SN activated for a data logger was not a very good idea as it is likely going to be used on foot quite a bit and they agreed. They are planning to come up with a v3 with SN disabled by default and with the option for the end-user to activate it.

Go to Top of Page

PrzemekW

Poland
21 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2008 :  17:58:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
V3? You've got my attention. Is it going to be software upgrade (can do it myself?)? Do they plan to support OTG functionality as well? Any timeframe for release of v3? Sorry for troubling you with all this questions but AMOD has never responded to any of my e-mails.

D.

Edited by - PrzemekW on 23 févr. 2008 18:14:57
Go to Top of Page

therock

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2008 :  01:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

Tried out the 3080 today. Did the GPS Photo Tracker show in Google map and wound up on the equator. I am in the US. I updated to v1.3.7 and now wind up dead center China.
I guess shes going back to Semsons. The static thing is irritating also. I used SiRFDemo and it would not switch to NMEA and the disable Static would not take. I guess it's all in the way it's built.

Can anyone recommend another unit. I am a wildlife photographer and all I use it for is walking the woods. who shoots pics from a moving car?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93969 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2008 :  01:40:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, and the odd thing is that there was apparently no SN in the v1 that had the sensitivity issues...You could look at the new Qstarz BT-Q1000P/MTK or the SiRFstarIII Globalsat BT-335 that has excellent sensitivity. Neither is driverless like the AMOD though.

@PrzemekW - I'll ask but I don't think the current models can be upgraded since USB only give access to the flash memory, unless there is some type of key combination to activate actual GPS data flow.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05