Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2166

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Semsons Official Forums
 News
 [new]i-Blue 737 (5 Hz Edition)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2007 :  15:38:46  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new i-Blue 737 (5 Hz Edition) is designed for high speed applications which require higher refresh rates to track more precise movements.

http://www.semsons.com/i737blgps5hz.html

Ads

jvivek

Canada
51 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2007 :  20:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought a i-Blue 737 (5 Hz Edition) from you, no where on the packaging it states that it is 5 HZ, how would I be able to tell the difference between regular and 5 HZ version

Thanks

Vic J
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2007 :  23:07:39  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vic,

Appearance wise, there is no differece between 5Hz and standard version since both units are the same just with different firmware. Some differences are listed below.

1. On the box, there should be some stickers which tape over the battery life. The 5Hz vesion has 15 hours battery life sticker.

2. If you record the actual data with software, you will see that this unit is updated at 5Hz frequency not 1Hz. If you use software such as iGuidance which does not support 5Hz, you should expereince less lag if you compare to a standard GPS receiver.

3. If you actually test the battery life, you should be getting about 15 hours.
Go to Top of Page

jvivek

Canada
51 Posts

Posted - 20 mars 2007 :  18:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Thanks

Vic J
Go to Top of Page

Applepie

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2007 :  15:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One question: for pedestrian and specially mountain biking use, the 5hz version is more suitable to the 1hz version or not?

Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2007 :  00:37:23  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
5Hz receiver is designed for high speed applications such as car racing. You can use 5Hz version for pedestrian and mountain bike but you probably won't find much difference bwteen the 1Hz and 5Hz version.
Go to Top of Page

Aeolus

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2007 :  03:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pardon a newbie question: Which mapping software is compatible and will use 5 hz? In another thread a user tells of TomTom locking up when used w a 5hz hacked gps. If map sw was coded to expect updates at 1hz it may ignore the sub second updates - so I don't know if popular sw (Emtak, TomTom, ?) even reads >1 hz.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 22 août 2007 :  23:51:58  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It depends on how the software is written. With most of the software, even though the screen is only updated at 1 hz, the position update with 5 hz receiver will be more accurate compared to 1 hz receiver at high speed.

For some other software, 5hz may generate too much information and cause the program to crash. In this case, you can just change the update rate to 1 hz with the included utility.

The 5 hz receiver is meant to be used for high speed application such as racing or aviation. For normal daily driving, 5 hz receiver does not offer too much benefit compared to 1 hz receiver.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05