Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 I made a SRF/PNG converter for vehicle files...
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

cellulo

France
2707 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2010 :  00:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain me how I should use the Java png2srf code ?
I'm not a programer but I'm sure there is a simple method.
The best for me would be to find one to make it a Photoshop/Paint/Gimp plugin.

About Photoshop and transparency, I believe that Photoshop transparency management algorythm is advanced and not supported be the convertor or Garmin devices when free softwares have a basic management.
I experienced different ways to support the alpha chnel depending on devices or software (e.g. TomTom is interpreting pure red as transparent, one of my PDA software was considering pink...).
Then may be we have to find the right "transparent" color for Garmin if we want to use Photoshop again.

Edited by - cellulo on 21 déc. 2010 00:58:54
Go to Top of Page

mclbarri

Argentina
39 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2010 :  18:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flycaster, just any photo to see the model and color.

Marcelo
Go to Top of Page

Flycaster

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2010 :  20:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote snipped] Marcelo
Tried to email a picture of my 2005 merlot/tan BMW Z4, but the forum's email wouldn't let me. So, here's here's a link from Photobucket that should do it. BTW, Spent a week flyfishing in the Corientes River region for Golden Dorado. Great country you have. Thanks again for your efforts and a Healthy and Happy Holiday Season to you and your family.
Adam

Edited by - Flycaster on 21 déc. 2010 20:23:25
Go to Top of Page

billarf

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2010 :  23:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
McBarri...... Thanks for working on the Silver Nissan Murano.
Have a Happy Holiday! -Bill in New York

Go to Top of Page

mclbarri

Argentina
39 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2010 :  18:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flycaster, great to know you liked my country. There's a lot of beautiful places to go. I strongly recommend going to the glaciers area around city of Calafate or trekking on the Fitz Roy mountain area.

Here is your Z4:

http://rapidshare.com/files/438750435/BMWZ4.zip

Marcelo
Go to Top of Page

Flycaster

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2010 :  19:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, that was super quick; and the car looks great. Muchas gracias.
Go to Top of Page

garjen

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2010 :  00:16:08  Show Profile  Visit garjen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garjen

Hi,
I made my first .srf - it is based on The Who's "Magic Bus".
Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/437887046/MagicBus.srf
However, I've got the white square around it on my nuvi. I've read a little on using GIMP instead of Paint to try to clean up the alpha layer or make it transparent but I can't seem to clean it up.
If you google The Who's "Magic Bus" VW - you should see some images that I used to make this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Garrett

URL with "Magic Bus" VW bus

I think there would be a lot of people that would very excited to have this vehicle on their GPS. Full credit would be given to anyone that can do it properly. My previous attempt just isn't doing it for me. Please help!
Garrett
Go to Top of Page

cellulo

France
2707 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2010 :  15:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1, I already love this magic bus...
Go to Top of Page

k44rll

2 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2010 :  18:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mclbarri

Flycaster, just any photo to see the model and color.

Hi Marcelo,

would it be possible to add a Black Suzuki Grand Vitara 3Door like below?

Thanks and Happy Holiday's

Karl

Edited by - k44rll on 24 déc. 2010 18:18:26
Go to Top of Page

cellulo

France
2707 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  17:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For information, to use Photoshop and manage correctly transparency, it seems that magenta #ff00ff must be used as transparent color. Be careful to not make any gradient to pink which will appear as pinkish. The best is to add a specific magenta layer on top with the alpha shape.
I didn't make all verifications but if someone wants to play with it, feel free to do so.
Go to Top of Page

irendrag

2 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2011 :  09:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mclbarri,

Thanks a lot for agreeing to "repaint" my Mazda-3 sedan. Here's a picture of it to help you out getting the right colour.

Thanks a million again,
Dragan

PS: This is a stock picture of the car, mine doesn't have a sun-roof.

quote:
Originally posted by mclbarri

DamonZ28, as you can see, a dark icon is difficult to see. If you want, I can clear it a bit but it will not be "dark red".

Flycaster, writing step-by-step instructions is really time consuming. If you post your model or a snapshot of your car I can make the icon for you.

vianx, try to save your .png with Paint.NET

billarf, will work on your Murano

irendrag, same for your Mazda 3

grenex, try using Paint.NET to work with your .png's

Edited by - irendrag on 01 févr. 2011 15:47:53
Go to Top of Page

KatSurth

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2011 :  16:55:37  Show Profile  Visit KatSurth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone created a vehicle for this Garmin Nuvi website:

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

If so, could you help with a few questions that I have?

I'm trying to make a vehicle that website, but ran across a couple of road blocks. I'm using Google Sketchup 8, and the VfGn 101 guide found there. Some things are different than when the guide was first created.

On page 2 of Prepare Google Sketchup, I'm not able to File>Export>2D Graphic. It is grayed out. So I am unsure of how to resize the canvas/window to a square size of 600. I have looked under Window>Preferences, but it's not there.

Is it still possible to change the canvas/window once the model is complete?

I went ahead anyway with a 3D model that I had someone create for me. I am not able to View>Animation>Export 3D 360x10 to PNG or 2D 360x10 to PNG.

It doesn't exist. But when I go to File> Export>Animation>Options, I can change it to

360x270
4:3
Frame rate 10

But still, I cannot choose 3D or 2D. I can only save it to .png

I really hope that someone can advise me. I would love to finish this project for the website.
Go to Top of Page

WknThDg

79 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2011 :  20:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KatSurth,

"I'm not able to File>Export>2D Graphic. It is grayed out."
You need to correct that first before going further, but I don't know why it would be grayed out for you.

Did you put BOTH the Export 2D 360x10 to PNG.rb & Export 3D 360x10 to PNG.rb files into Google Sketchup Plugins folder?

After you have created both of your Scenes, per the instructions "check that .skp file is in a folder of its own and then click Scene1 and click View->Animation-> Export
3D 360x10 to PNG and then click Scene2 and click View->Animation-> Export 2D 360x10 to PNG."

Edited by - WknThDg on 09 févr. 2011 20:58:15
Go to Top of Page

KatSurth

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2011 :  21:25:05  Show Profile  Visit KatSurth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The File>Export>2D Graphic only works when there's something in the scene. On page 2, there is not mention of putting something in the scene.

The instructions say that with view size selected, get a square size around 600 px with anti-alias unselected. I've tried and the 1596x1032 is grayed out, and thus cannot be changed. Without view size selected, I can get 927x600. That's is close as it will allow me to having 600 for both.

As for "put BOTH the Export 2D 360x10 to PNG.rb & Export 3D 360x10 to PNG.rb files into Google Sketchup Plugins folder" I cannot get that far. As stated in my message, "I am not able to View>Animation>Export 3D 360x10 to PNG or 2D 360x10 to PNG. It doesn't exist."
Go to Top of Page

KatSurth

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2011 :  21:58:15  Show Profile  Visit KatSurth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Otherwise, is there another way? The 3D model has already been created. I just need to make it into a vehicle for the GPS. I have PhotoShop CS5 and am more skilled in that anyway. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05