Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2446

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - General
 * Partner Forums *
 [Semsons] Spectec SDIO GPS with Micro SD slot
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  00:14:09  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spectec SDG-810 is a SDIO GPS Receiver with Micro SD expansion slot. It can support memory capacity up to 2GB, and our package ships 512MB Micro SD pre-installed.

With the latest SiRF III technology, it offers fast time-to-fix and great tracking performance. PPC 2003SE, WM5, and Palm driver are now available.

Note: There seem to be some issues with Palm driver under OS/5. We have requested Spectec engineer to look into this issue. Please do not purchase SDG-810 if you intend to use it with Palm OS/5 device at this time. If you have purchased SDG-810 for Palm devices and can't get it to work, please feel free to contact us and arrange either replacement or refund.

http://www.semsons.com/return-policy.html#RMA%20Request

http://www.semsons.com/sp2sdgpsrewi.html

Edited by - semsons on 11 févr. 2007 04:23:27

Ads

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  01:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, this is one cool item!

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2007 :  11:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one. It was quite easy to install on my PDA, but I am not very happy with the performance. A bit too slow with my software. Hopefully it is only problem with the maps I am using.
I would appreciate any comments on this unit.

Edited by - Moris on 30 janv. 2007 11:46:31
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2007 :  22:28:27  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you had chance to install the latest driver from Spectec website? It was released last week and should provide a better performance.

http://60.248.111.19/DOWNLOAD/gps/Spectec-GPS.rar

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2007 :  03:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moris, is your software faster when you run it from an SD card, as opposed to the mini-SD card + Spectec SDG-810 ?

Can the Spectec SDG-810 affect the performance of the mini-SD card?

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2007 :  14:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed an SDG 810 in my iPaq H1930, the "GPS Viewer" scanning detects the GPS in COM4 @9600 bauds but no signal of satellites arrives to my iPaq. I did several hw resets but to no avail. I don't know if I'm missing something. My only deviation from the Spectec extremly short manual (16 pages, mostly screenshots and little text) is that I erased the microSD because it contained and autorun program which made my iPaq hang-up. I don't know if there was some "intelligence" in it.
I've asked for help to Spectec as their Web page doesn't have much info. In the meantime can anybody give me a hint?
Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  14:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have downloaded the new driver but after installing it on my PDA the software I was using (GPS Viewer) did not recognize the GPS.
Marvin, the GPS Viewer I had installed on the default memory and it was quite ok but still not as fast (watching the signal from satellites and time) as another BT receiver though.
The mapping software is installed on the micro card and is still slow comparing to other not SD GPSr. I checked it on two different PDAs but the same results. No idea why. Any comments more than welcome.
Carlitos, I also had to spend some time before the first lock. Try again in the open air with clear sky view. Do you get any stream (NMEA)?
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2007 :  20:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moris, I almost got a cold trying to catch satellite signal at night in the nearby fields for 1 hour (short of ET image!) to no avail.
I have 2 hypothesis:
a) Sw problem: something is missing or not compatible with our PPC (in the Spected web the OS is announced as WM5 (mine is 4.21)
b) The device is faulty
I keep waiting for a consisten "technical support". As the 1st reply they gave sounds strange to me: " turn off GPS Viewer as it interfers with the GPS" I retorted how I could then check the device works?...
Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2007 :  06:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried to reinstall the new driver which semsons kindly posted above?
Although I do not think this will resolve your problem. But worth trying. Please let me know if you could find com port after reinstalling.
I was trying it on my O2 mini (WM 2003 2nd Edition) and iPAQ hx 2190 (WM 5.0) and I could get the lock on both.
Go to Top of Page

DaleWyckoff

2 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2007 :  17:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trouble in Paradise.

I'm a Palm T-3 user and I ordered one of these through Semsons on the first. Great price, prompt delivery. I received it yesterday. The CD it came with does not include documentation nor drivers for PalmOS devices. Semsons does have a download link for these things.

My problem is the drivers and documentation related to PalmOS 4.x and do not work on my PalmOS 5 device. The documentation wants you to connect to ARSDIOSerial, which should be installed via the drivers. However, under PalmOS 5 this option is not available. So I'm not able to create the connection I need for my SDG-810 to work.

I e-mailed tech support yesterday, but no response as yet.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2007 :  20:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the below reply from Spected:
"GPS Viewer is used for scanning the correct com port and baud rate.
When GPS Viewer detecting Com 4, it means GPS Viewer is now using Com 4 to receive the satellite signal.
However, Com 4 can not be used for more than two applications (like GPS Viewer & SDG-810 driver) at the same time.
So, after detecting Com 4 is the right one should be chose, you have to close the GPS viewer application.
Then, you can start using SDG-810 driver.
Otherwise SDG-810 driver can not receive the satellite signal through Com 4 since Com 4 is used by GPS Viewer already."
But to me is not consistent: a driver is not an application so I cannot see if the device is working unless I connect GPS Viewer or the like (Tom-Tom, Ozi, etc)am I correct?
As Moris says this looks more like a hardware problem.
Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2007 :  12:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carlitos, have you tried to reinstall the new driver?
I did, and now my PDA cannot find the GPS at all.
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2007 :  19:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moris,
Yes, I tried and it didn't work neither but it still may be due to the hw problem.
As I commented somewhere above, I wonder whether the new driver is prepared for Window Movile 5 (look at the print out in the box)and thus with some incompatibility issue with previous versions...
I managed to arrange the return of my sdg810 to Spected and am waiting for replacement. In the meantime a friend of mine said something that could be of help: it seems that there is a sw for gps based on Sirf chips which would allow anyone to send NMEA sentences such as "factory reset" to the device. This would be a way to undo the wrong doing and to restart with the original setting. Unfortunately I don't know the name of such sw. May be Google + another hint of some of the pals in this forum can help
Go to Top of Page

LEXMAN

3 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2007 :  14:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaleWyckoff

Trouble in Paradise.

I'm a Palm T-3 user and I ordered one of these through Semsons on the first. Great price, prompt delivery. I received it yesterday. The CD it came with does not include documentation nor drivers for PalmOS devices. Semsons does have a download link for these things.

My problem is the drivers and documentation related to PalmOS 4.x and do not work on my PalmOS 5 device. The documentation wants you to connect to ARSDIOSerial, which should be installed via the drivers. However, under PalmOS 5 this option is not available. So I'm not able to create the connection I need for my SDG-810 to work.

I e-mailed tech support yesterday, but no response as yet.

Dale

I am a Palm Tungsten E2 user (PALM OS 5) and bought the Spectec GPS SDG-810 through semsons and have the same problems as decribed above. So far no reply from Spectec nor a working PALM OS driver from
http://www.spectec.com.tw/Download.htm#gps. Does anyone else have the same problem ? Anyone with a solution ? Please respond and unite ??

---lexman---
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2007 :  16:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Lexman
Unfortunately it seems there is general mess with drivers for Spected SDG810.

Their technical support is zero, their web is pitiful and their manual not more than a few unncessary screenshots and obvious texts.

It would be nice that someone representing Spected would pop in and say something.

Any potential buyer should think it over and wait for the conclusion of these stories before placing and order.
Go to Top of Page

LEXMAN

3 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2007 :  17:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Carlitos,
at least i am not the only one who feels deceived. Spectec should come with an answer regarding the SDG810 Drivers for Palm OS5. The seem to have big marketing strategies because every salespoint is repeating the same stories like *great, amazing etcetera" . There are some big postings on fora as well, coming from the same salespoints, and overenthousiastic messengers from Spectec. But where are the good stories from the users or buyers ? I should have known better...

I hope the drivers will be soon available. There are many more GPS user-fora to unite (potential) costumers......So people wait until proper drivers are available and proved their suitability on your PDA before buying any SDG810 !!!

---lexman---
Go to Top of Page

DaleWyckoff

2 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2007 :  20:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My update:

I never did get a response from Spectec, but the people at Semsons were as helpful as they could be. I'm quite pleased with them. It seems the device supports OS's 3 & 4 and the Treo 650 with its PalmOS 5.4. But there are problems with the Tungstens. It seemed odd that they support the older OS's and not the newer, where there'd be a greater market. The Palm OS's have been tailored to the machines and I've read there were some problems with how the Tungstens handled the serial library. I know there are four UART ports on my beast, three of which appear to be available.

Given these problems Semsons has since changed the ad on their web site to show support for OS's 3 & 4.

Spectec had provided Semsons a poorly written set of instructions to get the SDG810 working on the Theo, which are not included in their "documentation." They didn't work for my Tungsten T3. So at this point the GPS device is of no use to me.

I had to decide between waiting to see if maybe Spectec can work this out, or going with a Bluetooth device. I like the idea of it plugging into my T3, since I tend to lose things, but Spectec's unresponsiveness troubles me. I'm not confident in their ability to handle this in a timely manner. There's also the matter of wanting to play with a new toy, "instant gratification" and all.

So I'm returning the SDG810 as an exchange for a Bluetooth with the same chipset. I can't fault Semsons in this and would likely do business with them in the future. Spectec is another matter. We have choices, there are plenty of competitors out there. I'll be avoiding them in the future and recommending the same to people I know.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2007 :  14:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SPECTEC SDIO GPS SDG–810 don’t function on HP iPAQ rx1950 with WM5

I send this e-mail to spectec@spectec.com.tw

Dear Spectech,

i have an HP iPAQ rx1950 Navigator Pocket PC with Windows Mobile v5.0 S.O. 5.1.1702 (build 14367.1.0.2) and 10 days ago I bought your product SDG–810 from expansys.

I have followed all the installation instructions (on the CD and the website), but when I run scan and connect from the “GPS viewer” program or “GPSTweak” it looks the receiver in the SD slot like a COM 4 at 9600, but the blue LED light is constantly flashing. In the car or outside it can’t get a solid light.

The status reporting from various program is always “no fix”, but “satellites in view” are 12 (i live in Italy) and UTC time is available (TomTom software configured as GPS receiver like “Other Nmea GPS receiver” at 9600 baud rate and connected to “Spectec GPS Driver”, says “No valid GPS signal”).

The dialogue from chipset presented in text windows of GPSviewer (like : $GPGGA,105037,….) look unit alive but present too many null fields & commas; same dialogue with another GPS (that one present in my wife CAR cradle, seen at COM1 of the Ipaq) look normal and all the software named before correctly function.

I have tried to install first the driver content in CD (Spectec computer: SDIO-UART Driver) and then the latest drivers downloaded from your website (Arasan Chip Solution 17.1.2007: SDIO-UART Driver), with the same effect.

Can you give me any information about the complete solution of the problem to work This GPS with my Ipaq?

Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2007 :  21:22:01  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just want to provide a quick update. We have just received the latest Palm driver from Spectec. We will finish testing with Treo 680 and Tungsten T3 by Wednesday. The test result will be posted on this thread.

Also, for those who having issues sending email to spectec@spectec.com.tw, please resend your question directly to the support engineer's email below for faster response.

henry@spectec.com.tw
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2007 :  18:30:59  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the update on the Palm Driver.

1. The driver works and we can see the NMEA data through SD->UART application.

2. Most of the software that we tested including TomTom, Mapopolis, and Palm Navigator can not be configured to use SD connection. The only working software is TripPliot.

We have provided feedback to Spectec. Hopefully, Spectec engineer can create some kind of virtual serial port utilizing SD connection so that mapping software can just detect GPS data as a standard serial connection without special configuration.
Go to Top of Page

LEXMAN

3 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2007 :  11:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The proper drivers are still not available, at least not for the Palm OS5. Not on the website on semsons nor on the spectec one .....

It seems that no one oversees the whole spectrum of issues and that no one takes the all-over responsibility for this problem,
The parties involved point their fingers towards their suppliers for not delivering the right material. SEMSONS is waiting for SPECTEC, SPECTEC is waiting for the right driver from their "chip vendor" (see e-mail). Meanwhile the SDG 810 is sold everywhere on the web. I hope the parties involved will take united responsibilities, and transparant solution will be provided very soon.

At least semsons is undertaking some actions and spectec is at the silent side

Please take a look at my correspondence:
------
Sent: 13 februari 2007 5:54
Subject: RE: Question: Additional information on Spectec SDG-810 SDIO GPS Receiver

Sorry to reply for later, Because we had test more of the Palm system with SDG-810 , It seem like support palm os 4.0 only, We waiting for chip vendor answer and new dirver release

Thanks
JACKY
-----Original Message-----

To: <spectec@spectec.com.tw>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:02 AM
Subject: FW: Question: Additional information on Spectec SDG-810 SDIO GPS Receiver

> Dear Spectec,
> Could you be so kind responding to my e-mail ?
> As a customer I would expect at least some customer service and
> technical support.
>
> Sincerely,
>

>
> -----Original Message-----
> Sent: 8 february 2007 21:06
> To: 'henry'
> Cc: 'Gavin'; 'jacky@spectec.com.tw'
> Subject: RE: Question: Additional information on Spectec SDG-810 SDIO
> GPS Receiver
>
> Dear Spectec
> Your reply with referal to the manual suggested that the device should
> work on a Palm OS. Meanwhile I bought the Spectec SDG-810, but it did
> not seem to work on my plam Tungsten E2 (OS 5). Nor did it work after
> installation of the palm drivers found on the website of semsons.com
> (sales point of the SDG-810).
>
> The documentation suggests me to to connect to ARSDIOSerial, which
> seem not te be there. I am not the only one with this problem
> according internet Forum GPSpassion.com.
>
> Could you make a proper working driver available for the OS5.0 ?
>
> Sincerely
Go to Top of Page

girardpatrice

3 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2007 :  12:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

You can find hereafter a copy of a mail I adressed to Spectec after my difficulties to make my palm TE and SD8100 SDIO work together.
Before I bought this device, I revive from Jacky a PALM OS5 driver which allow me to make the same procedure than one describe on semsons website to declare a SDIO connexion.
I can verify with SDUART soft, there are signal on the "serial port" but I don't find any GPS soft which can use this information for navigation.
Just, sometime, tracker lock in "init mode" but after some minutes, it indicates, no GPS response...
I have the two PRC file from Jacky, can you indicate to me the way to put them available as an attached document on this forum

My message to SEPCTEC

"Hi Jacky,

As I promised to you, I give you back some result after my first try to use the SDIO 810 GPS reciever on my PALM TE, OS 5.2.1.
I can tell you about problem to have a good GPS functionnal use.
First, I take into account your 2 prc file sdiodriver and sdiouart_release you send me, I install them but I haven't any manual to know haow use them to install the GPS reciever, nothing on your website or CD rom to axplain the palm configuration, just about PPC PDA model.
I buy the device on semsons US dealer and they explain the way to install the OS4 drvier for older PALM, I give you the pdf file in which they describe the way to create a new connexion in choosing a modem mode via ARSSDIOSerial.
I do that but I'm not able to use any GPS software, I try pathaway4, tracker, cotoGPS, cetus GPS and each time, they don't find any GPS device connected!

When I open SDUART, is the reception field, I can see many letters stream, serial port seems to be open but nevertheless, no GPS function with navigation soft.
Can you help me or indicate the good tool to use this kind of GPS on PALM TE OS 5.2.1

Thanks for a quicker answer, Regards

Patrice

Note: Thanks to the excellent service of semsons, I command the device on last Friday and I recieve it on Wenesday in France, very good performance!"

Thanks for your comments, Patrice
Go to Top of Page

girardpatrice

3 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2007 :  14:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrice again,

On other topic, we speak about UART protocol, that's this kind of protocol witch is verified with SDUART tools to see the trames of the SDIO Spectec GPS on my palm TE. Is it compatible with NMEA standard serial protocol need by the GPS software (tracker, pathaway...)
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2007 :  09:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody, your answers had been clear, I just would like to ask you about the GPS SDG810and a Paln tungsten T5 and a Tom-Tom 5. I have used with a GPSlim 236 but its performance is low. Just I'd like to know your advice. Thanks a million.
Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2007 :  13:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mikmikcol:

quote:
Originally posted by semsons

Here is the update on the Palm Driver.

(...)
2. Most of the software that we tested including TomTom, Mapopolis, and Palm Navigator can not be configured to use SD connection. The only working software is TripPliot.
(...)

Go to Top of Page

Moris

87 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2007 :  06:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if somebody has some more experience with this model.
I left mine on the shelf for some time and waiting for firmware upgrades.
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2007 :  18:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve been for over 4 monhs with my SDG-810 SDIO GPS in in a HP IPAQ 1930 with PPC 2003 without any problem.

Because I share car usage with walking usage I used a ALPSiRF sw to toggle Static Navigation on/off. Last week when tinkering again with the SN the device stopped working.

I can still see NMEA sentences coming in but no satellite fix. I did a factory reset with SirfDEMO PPC sw but it still doen't work.

Does any one know what are the factory settings and how to renter them?

Go to Top of Page

bullit

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2007 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just purchased a Spectec SDG-810 for my Treo 650. I've gone to the web site and followed their instructions. When I go to the File Z i cannot find the file MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc under Card. I have tried to download it to the phone and the SD card. Does it have to be loaded wirh the GPS receiver with a SD micro Card in it to work or should I be able to load it onto my SD card?

Thanks,

JMN
Go to Top of Page

emiliolv

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  09:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CARlitos1255

I’ve been for over 4 monhs with my SDG-810 SDIO GPS in in a HP IPAQ 1930 with PPC 2003 without any problem.

Because I share car usage with walking usage I used a ALPSiRF sw to toggle Static Navigation on/off. Last week when tinkering again with the SN the device stopped working.

I can still see NMEA sentences coming in but no satellite fix. I did a factory reset with SirfDEMO PPC sw but it still doen't work.

Does any one know what are the factory settings and how to renter them?

Hi Carlitos,

Did you achieve to run the SDG-810 in your iPaq? Can you help with this issue? I have the same problem as you for a long time.

Thank you very much and kind regards!!!!
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  19:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, emiliolv
As I am not an experte, after a number of attemps I ended up sending the device back to Spectec who detected a HW problem and replaced it.
Later on it happened in different occasions that the GPS couldn't be detected ,I managed to make it work again by producing a factory reset with the ALPsirf application.
I hope this is of help for you
Go to Top of Page

emiliolv

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  11:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi, emiliolv
As I am not an experte, after a number of attemps I ended up sending the device back to Spectec who detected a HW problem and replaced it.
Later on it happened in different occasions that the GPS couldn't be detected ,I managed to make it work again by producing a factory reset with the ALPsirf application.
I hope this is of help for you

I think I'll do that too. Who pay the shipment cost? What address did you send it? Did you speak with they first?

Thank you very much!!!!
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  16:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, I paid for sending back the device for diagnosis and eventual replacement.
Shipping & mail address can be found in Spectec website (http://www.spectec.com.tw/) .
I suggest that prior to sending the device you find someone to tell about the situation and agree to test your device.

Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  16:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course, I paid the shipment of my device back for diagnosis.
You can find shipping & e-mail coordinates is Spected web site (http://www.spectec.com.tw/).
I suggest that you find someone - a real person -to tell the case and agree of the procedure to follow.

Go to Top of Page

emiliolv

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  11:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Of course, I paid the shipment of my device back for diagnosis.
You can find shipping & e-mail coordinates is Spected web site (http://www.spectec.com.tw/).
I suggest that you find someone - a real person -to tell the case and agree of the procedure to follow.

A real person? What do you mean?
Go to Top of Page

CARlitos1255

10 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2007 :  11:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I found out that in sometimes behind the name 'xxxxx' there might be different persons replying like in a call center. So what I did is to have a phone call to make sure I got someone really involved in my problem and not giving std responses.
Go to Top of Page

cuto72

Chile
3 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2008 :  15:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I found the problem for Tungsten T3:

1.- First, spectec 810 does not work when we installed the wifi sd card from PalmOne.

2.- The instructions on the espectec Web are wrong, you have to do the following step:

step 1. If you have instaled sdio wifi card from palmOne, your first step is a hard reset, and then create your new acount on palmOne desktop manager

step 2. Install with palmOne Quick Install the palm driver SdioDriver.prc
OS 5.0: http://WWW.SPECTEC.COM.TW/download/gps-palm-os5/SdioDriver.prc

step 3. Install Install with palmOne Quick Install the SDIOUART_Release.prc
OS 5.0: http://WWW.SPECTEC.COM.TW/download/gps-palm-os5/SDIOUART_Release.prc

when the hotsync is finished the palm request a soft reset.

step 4. Click preferences icon.

step 5. Select the option "connection". A screen for the connection appears

step 6. Tap New in this window.

step 7. Type SD in the Name field.

step 8. Set connect to as Modem and via as ARSDIOSerial

step 9. Select Details to set the baudrate.

step 10. Set the speed as 9600bps and then press ok.

step 11. without any card on your Pam, open SDUART APP. and press ok on the error message, and press ok when apear UNABLE TO OPEN SERIAL PORT., press menu/option/settings and then make sure of this:

Port SDIOCommDirect
Baud Rate 38400
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Trigger 32
Mode Byte
FlowCntrl None
(dont mark LoopBack)

and then press Save/OK on error message/ok on Open Serial Port error, and exit, after that meke a sotf resert.

step 12. Put the Spectec 810 whith microSD with programs and your maps if tSDUART dialog apear EXIT!!! and press OK on any error windows.

step 13. Open the GPS application like PathAway or cotoGPS (I use this software).

step 14. Press the menu button.

step 15. From the menu click Configure GPS and then:

Protocol NMEA
Port ARSDIOSerial
Baud 38400
Not mark Auto Detect and Then press CONNECT.

IF YOU DONT HAVE CONECTION MAKE A SOFT RESET AND THEN OPEN YOUR GPS SOFTWARE, THATS IS WORKING NOW ON MY TUNGSTEN T3.

(SPECTEC 810 NOT WORK WITH PALM TX, AND WAS IMPOSIBLE TO ME MAKE WORK WITH TREO 650)
(SPECTEC 812 NOT WORK WITH PALM T3, BUT WORK EXCELLENT WITH TREO 650 AND PALM TX)

Good luck and best Regards

Cuto72
Go to Top of Page

cuto72

Chile
3 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2008 :  17:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot to mention that to use the spectec 812 with treo 650 you need CSSdrv http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/sdrv.php , without this will not work.

Regards
Go to Top of Page

Philjay50

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2008 :  15:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I managed to get the SDG 810 to work on my iPaq 1950 using TT Navigator, although it did for some reason dump most of the information off at some point. I reloaded and again it worked fine until the other day when it stopped finding the GPS signal. I have tried everything without success to get it working again. I have been exchanging Mail with Henry at Spectec but again we are just dancing around the problem. I now believe that the GPS unit has failed, is there anyway of getting it tested, I cannot go back to my supplier as I bought it while traveling.
I have even asked Spectec if they will test it but as yet no answer.
Go to Top of Page

modeltom

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2009 :  02:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cuto72

step 11. without any card on your Pam, open SDUART APP. and press ok on the error message, and press ok when apear UNABLE TO OPEN SERIAL PORT., press menu/option/settings and then make sure of this:

Port SDIOCommDirect
Baud Rate 38400
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Trigger 32
Mode Byte
FlowCntrl None
(dont mark LoopBack)

and then press Save/OK on error message/ok on Open Serial Port error, and exit, after that meke a sotf resert.

step 12. Put the Spectec 810 whith microSD with programs and your maps if tSDUART dialog apear EXIT!!! and press OK on any error windows.

step 13. Open the GPS application like PathAway or cotoGPS (I use this software).

step 14. Press the menu button.

step 15. From the menu click Configure GPS and then:

Protocol NMEA
Port ARSDIOSerial
Baud 38400
Not mark Auto Detect and Then press CONNECT.

What SDUART App is that? I only have the UART and driver software, I didn't get any diagnostic software.

Can you post a link, or the website, or the proper name of the App?

thx, Tom.
Go to Top of Page

bizzybody

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2009 :  07:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried the SDG 810 in a LifeDrive?
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05