Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2165

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 News
 4.71 PPC Navcard - "Evolution"
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2006 :  15:22:11  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, Michael,

Please remove the MRMs in the state folders. I think it should ignore them, but better safe than annoyed. :)

Lamar

Airstream travel trailers are round on both ends.
Go to Top of Page

Doulos_Iesou

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2006 :  16:21:47  Show Profile
Thank you, Lamar.

I found 56 files in the "_MRM" folder but removed 61 from the state maps folders.

Edit:
To be more specific, the following MRMs *were not* in the _MRM folder but *were* somewhere in the state maps folders:
03/25/2005 04:08 PM 123,487 MajorRoads-NBNGC.mlp
03/25/2005 04:14 PM 58,669 MajorRoads-NLNGC.mlp
03/25/2005 04:11 PM 82,082 MajorRoads-NSNGC.mlp
03/25/2005 04:14 PM 15,467 MajorRoads-NTNGC.mlp
03/25/2005 04:14 PM 11,643 MajorRoads-PENGC.mlp

The files I put in the "_MRM" folder were downloaded using the “Download State Major Road map” link for each US state/CAN province. The MRMs in my state maps folders were part of the "All County Maps" zip files.

I also noticed that the file names for the MRMs that both folders have in common are different:
03/25/2005 04:08 PM 208,199 MajorRoads-ABNGC.mlp <-state mapg folders
12/19/2006 05:32 PM 208,199 MAJORROADS-ABNGC07.mlp <-MRM

All that having been said, I have two questions:
1) How many MRMs should there be, 56 or 61?
2) Should I be using the files with names ending in "07" or the ones w/o?

Sorry for the complex post.

Tks,

Michael

Tks,
Michael

Edited by - Doulos_Iesou on 21 déc. 2006 17:54:07
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2006 :  19:40:04  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, Michaeal,

Those are some Canadian MRMs. Is that your difference in the count?

Maps ending in 07 were downloaded individually. Maps without it came from a zip file, and the zip file contained the 07 in the file name. They are the same file.

Lamar

Airstream travel trailers are round on both ends.
Go to Top of Page

Doulos_Iesou

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2006 :  00:28:14  Show Profile
Thanks again, Lamar. Yes, that is by my count.

Tks,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  03:43:09  Show Profile
I'm having problems with using Evolution with German maps (GM05 version). I have a Cingular 8525 Windows Mobile phone with a 2GB microSD card. On the card I have a folder named Maps (\Storage\Maps according to File Explorer) and underneath that I have _MRM and Germany directories. In _MRM I have the four quadrant maps used for Germna Major Roads and in the Germany directory I have all the maps for the states of Baden-Württemberg, Bayern and Hessen.

When I open Mapopolis it tells me it is loading the _MRM maps and then it shows a bunch of small circles and squares. The circles seem to be smaller towns and the squares postal codes. There are also some things that look like compass roses that seem to be larger cities. I can tap on these and get the name of the location. The problem is that I don't see any roads and can't seem to find any if I use the "Find" function.

All this may be user error. I have previously used Mapopolis but only in the PalmOS platform. I didn't see where to enter a city name to search for addresses. It just offered "Anywhere" or various radii based on the current location of the map in the viewer. Perhaps I am overlooking something basic. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by - Enrique Muyshondt on 04 janv. 2007 03:48:09
Go to Top of Page

gordias

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  16:01:57  Show Profile
@Enrique,
Have you seen my post on the first page of this thread that refers to Lamar's original post in another thread (sorry, cannot recall the title offhand) - the Navcard product is hard-coded to search for maps for Arizona and will not function correctly without them. As I own both US and European maps it was not a problem for me, but Lamar indicated that other Europe-only users are unable to have copies of Arizona to make this product work. If you don't own US maps then I can only suggest that you download trial maps for Arizona and see if that works for you or whether maybe copying other maps and renaming them would trick it.

Hope this helps!

Vodafone V1415 / GlobalSat BT 338 GPS

Edited by - gordias on 04 janv. 2007 16:02:45
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  17:50:29  Show Profile
Thanks, Gordias! What I had missed was the part about refreshing the maps after installation. It was unclear how to do that, but by playing around I managed to get things to work.

I had to go to Quick Menu, choose Regions and then under Options tell it to Refresh/Install Maps. At that point it told me the Arizona map would expire in 10 days and I was able to see the roads and move around the country.

I just tried deleting the Arizona map and copying a small German map over to the Arizona directory (I found one in Bayern that was only 120K). I renamed it MARICOPAAZDGC07.mlp and things still seem to work. I also tried going back to Refresh/Install Maps and I no longer get the message about the Arizona map expiring in 10 days. It did tell me that the Germany map was a duplicate and would be ignored, though. The maps I installed all still seem to be there. When I open Mapopolis it says it is loading \Storage Card\Map\Germany so it is going to the right place. Thus, Europeanusers may be able to just do that to get around the hard coding (why on earth would anyone do that, especially to a program that wasn't hardcoded in the normal Navigator mode?).

Even with just a partial load of German maps, things can still get slow when locating an address. Would it help to have subdirectories under Germany for each "Land" or have separate "Land" directories under Maps? I won't be in Germany for a few weeks to really see what effect this would have.

By the way, My storage card shows up as \Storage Card and the system did not seem to have any problems with that as was described previously. It could be that I don't have many directories under Maps or on the card overall.
Go to Top of Page

dcrochet

USA
1044 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  02:58:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gordias

...the Navcard product is hard-coded to search for maps for Arizona and will not function correctly without them...

I missed the original post on this, but are you saying that Evolution won't recognize folder changes until you select 'Refresh' without Arizona maps, or are you saying that Evolution has bigger problems without Arizona maps available. I only ask because my main navigation card does not have Arizona installed (not one single Arizona map or associated MRM) yet Evolution works just fine. Is that because my other maps are US maps? Do you need the Arizona map only if Evolution doesn't detect any US maps?

Axim X5 400 A04, PPC2002, Mapopolis 4.71 NAVCARD (NE) old 4.6 routing technique, SiRF3 CF GPS
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  15:35:49  Show Profile
Hi all, going back to my post on the previous page. I don't have any US maps on my system and I can confirm that Evolution works on both PPC and SmartPhone.

I'm not sure whats happening with the German maps but I have UK, France, Benlux, Switzerland and Belgium maps on my devices and they all work without any problems.

Dell Axim X51v, Orange C550, Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  17:18:11  Show Profile
My installation wasn't working until I added the one Arizona map but to be honest when I did that I also went to refresh the maps. Thus, it is possible that only the refresh is necessary and the fact that I added Arizona was a coincidence. I'll see what happens if I delete the Arizona map and report back.
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  19:38:38  Show Profile
I just went back and deleted the Arizona folder from my storage card and everything seems to work. I think the problem was that originally the software said it was loading \Storage Card\Maps\_MRM. I had to Regions, Options, Refresh/Install Maps to get everything to work. Now when I start the software it goes straight to \Storage Card\Maps\Germany instead of _MRM and everything works. I had not tried this option before putting the Arizona maps on my card so I don't know if their presence was required in the beginning. However, they are definitely not needed for ongoing use.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05