Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Lowrance GPS Systems
 iWay tips & tricks
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2007 :  13:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not saying you're dumb or anything, but you admitted to not being totally familiar with the unit because you didn't know it went back to factory defaults and didn't thow why you were getting the "Safety mode is on" warning when you touched the screen while moving. I'm not trying to make you look bad, just looking at your total of 3 other posts and deciding from them how much you know. I'm not a fan of doing everything for a person who is capable of doing it themselves. I have several technicians working for me who occasionally come to me with problems they can't fix. I don't jump in and fix a problem for them either - it's far better if they do it themselves with a little guidance from me. That way they learn and don't have to ask me again.

So, no, I won't tell you to press this button 3 times and that button once till the picture changes to such-and-such... What would you have learned from that? Experience is the best teacher. When you've used every menu countless times, then the "Safety mode is on" message will mean something to you when the iWay says it. You've obviously learned a thing or two about your iWay or you wouldn't be upset with me. Oh well - I do my best.

Bob Peloquin - Moderator-Lowrance iWay forum
Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2007 :  03:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having USB connectivity problems after applying the 1.8 patch?
Go to Top of Page

Jon_GWG

901 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2007 :  04:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of us have - I found that if you leave the USB cable unplugged from the unit until it's fully finished booting (wait for the warning screen) and then connect it, it works very well.

I spent a lot of time w/tech support on this issue and they weren't able to duplicate it at all. I had three units here (all three worked fine on 1.7) and all three exhibited the exact same symptoms but all worked when I waited for the boot to finish.
Go to Top of Page

kudzoo

1 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  01:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ST-Bob

Replace the initial warning message

If you want to replace this warning message and disclaimer that comes up on initial boot-up, do the following:

1. Create a GIF image named warning.gif

2. Make it any resolution you desire, but keep the size down to less than 320 by 215 (W by H) with any picture or text you desire. I used 200 by 120 for mine with a message saying "Warning - Watch the road"

3. This image will be displayed centered on the screen allowing you to more easily reach the X button to close it. Smaller (within reason) is usually better.

4. Copy this gif to a new folder (create it yourself) on the iWay's hard disk. Create SkinsUpdate, then create another folder inside this one named Default. Anything you place here will end up in the hidden Skins\Default folder.

5. Copy 2410_8.ldr (the boot-loader) to the root folder of the hard drive and reboot the iWay. After 15-30 seconds it will update and reboot. You'll now see your new warning screen instead of the default one. For other languages, the other warning01, 02, 03, 04, and 09 are replaced.

Note: 2410_8.ldr is part of all the recent updates from Lowrance. It's also on the Nav-Teq DVD and in either of the 1.4.0 downloads from last August or 1.7.0 from June of '06.

Bob Peloquin
Moderator-Lowrance iWay forum
Massachusetts, USA

Where do I find the 2410_8.ldr file ?
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  08:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where do you find it? You find it in the downloadable software update files just as the directions you quoted tell you.

2410_8.ldr is part of all downloadable 500c updates. It gets dumped into the top-level folder (root directory for DOS afficionados) along with the .bin file (firmware) when you extract the files to the iWay. Just as I indicated, extract the update files to either the iWay or a USB-connected flash-ROM drive and pull all the files off to your hard disk as a backup or reference resource.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

mahaywood

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  13:12:58  Show Profile  Visit mahaywood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Look on the DVD in the data/skinsupdate/default folder for the warnings. They may have changed the format or location since the downloaded 1.7.0

Bob,
I do not have a DVD with the file 2410_8.ldr on it.
Where else can I obtain the file?
-Mark
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  13:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Lowrance's web site and look for product updates. Download the software update for your product and get the latest update (even if your iWay is already up to date).

Every downloadable update contains the files necessary for the update to be applied to the iWay so 2410_8.ldr is there as well as (probably) all the language files and warning messages. Most (but not all) updates have plenty of files to work with. I have yet to see a 500c update that did not have a brand new Default skin along with all the warning.gif files and full complement of skins (or at least the changes) in the various flavors.

Follow the link on Lowrance's update page and avoid the Java installer, instead downloading the stand-alone installers. Look carefully and you'll see that it points to an FTP site where many previous revisions are located too. If you're intending to modify your iWay you'll, of course, need to be plenty computer-savvy first. We can't help you if you can't help yourself, so try to learn a bit through investigation and trial and error.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

mahaywood

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  13:41:38  Show Profile  Visit mahaywood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a search on my GPS for the file 2410_8.ldr and can't find it.
I don't have a DVD, where can I find the file 2410_8.ldr?

quote:

Replace the initial warning message

If you want to replace this warning message and disclaimer that comes up on initial boot-up, do the following:

1. Create a GIF image named warning.gif

2. Make it any resolution you desire, but keep the size down to less than 320 by 215 (W by H) with any picture or text you desire. I used 200 by 120 for mine with a message saying "Warning - Watch the road"

3. This image will be displayed centered on the screen allowing you to more easily reach the X button to close it. Smaller (within reason) is usually better.

4. Copy this gif to a new folder (create it yourself) on the iWay's hard disk. Create SkinsUpdate, then create another folder inside this one named Default. Anything you place here will end up in the hidden Skins\Default folder.

5. Copy 2410_8.ldr (the boot-loader) to the root folder of the hard drive and reboot the iWay. After 15-30 seconds it will update and reboot. You'll now see your new warning screen instead of the default one. For other languages, the other warning01, 02, 03, 04, and 09 are replaced.

Note: 2410_8.ldr is part of all the recent updates from Lowrance. It's also on the Nav-Teq DVD and in either of the 1.4.0 downloads from last August or 1.7.0 from June of '06.

Bob Peloquin
Moderator-Lowrance iWay forum
Massachusetts, USA

Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2007 :  16:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, as this is turning into a real fiasco - I'll elucidate for everyone's benefit.

The updates from Lowrance's web site contain the files you're looking for. Once you run the update, it extracts all the files to the iWay or a USB flash-drive. Once you reboot the iway, however, the appropriate files are copied to the hidden storage of the iWay and the remaining files deleted - that's why you can't find it; it's been deleted after the update (as it should be).

Do it again and this time don't reboot the iWay before examining the drive... You'll find it. In fact, it's a good idea to move the 2410_8.ldr, the .bin file (operating system software), and the entire SkinsUpdate folder to your computer's hard drive. You don't want to really DO the update, you just need the iWay or USB flash drive connected to run the extraction routine in the downloaded file from Lowrance.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

ChiefBob

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2007 :  19:58:13  Show Profile  Visit ChiefBob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,
I've got the 2410_8.ldr and the .bin file set aside on the PC and the SkinsUpdate folder and Default sub-folder in place with the new gif in the default folder.
How do I copy the ldr to the root folder? I can't see anything other than what's in the user section of the drive.

And what it the procedure for rebooting?
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2007 :  21:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The visible partition IS the root of the drive. This term is old, from the DOS days or before. So it would be the drive letter (E:\ for example) where the bin and ldr go.

When you are ready, disconnect the USB cable and power off the iWay with its power button. Then turn it back on and the ldr file will auto-execute. You'll see a white screen with the filename and progress bar. When it's done, the unit will reboot.

For single-file transfers, it's really quick. So quick, you may not see the filename or progress bar.

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 26 nov. 2007 21:23:25
Go to Top of Page

ChiefBob

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2007 :  22:07:41  Show Profile  Visit ChiefBob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bob, it worked like a charm.
Go to Top of Page

comflex

1 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  01:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have my 350C for almost 3 years. I see this GPS is very slow, but I had been driving with it all northeast.
The GPS has a problem when I click on POI and choose JFK airport, it starts to search and then when tries to calculate the route, remains calculating for 20 minutes!! then a window pop-up: "There is no memory to calculate this route". It only happens for JFK and La Guardia. Also it get crazy in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Any Idea??
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  02:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you updated your maps and software regularly?

The software updates are available from Lowrance's web site. Map updates are available for purchase from LEI-Extras for $74.99 for the DVD.

Current software release for the iWay 350c is version 1.5.0

NavTeq maps are at Q3-07

Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 27 juin 2008 02:21:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05