Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2173

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Semsons Official Forums
 News
 [New]i.Trek M5, Wintec WBT-200, InView N-911
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2006 :  02:53:34  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The current shipment arrived about two weeks ago. The manufactuer does not provide firmware update at this time. If the unit becomes defective, we will exchange to the one with new firmware. However, if the unit works, there is no reason to worry about the firmware. Even at V3.7 firmware, i-Blue is still more accurate than SiRF III based receivers with or without WAAS.
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2006 :  02:55:40  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lapin41

Hi,

Can the external antenna for the i-blue work with the i Trek M5 ?
If not where I can find an external antenna for the i Trek M5 ?

Both i-Blue and i.Trek M5 use MMCX antenna. Any MMCX antenna will work both GPS receivers.
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  18:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semsons

The current shipment of i-Blue has V4 firmware. For i.Trek M5, V4 will not be implemented until V4 adds WAAS/EGNOS support.

---------------------

quote:
The difference between iBlue and M5 are

1. iBlue does not support WAAS, M5 does.
2. M5 includes GpsGate utility and iBlue does not.
3. The firmware version is V3.7 for both.
4. iBlue has two color choices and M5 has only one.

Sorry, I don't understand. Does the currently shipping M5 support WAAS out of the box, without having to upgrade firmware, etc?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2006 :  19:43:52  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is correct. i.Trek M5 ships with WAAS / EGNOS enabled out of the box. There is no need to upgrade firmware or turn it on with utility.
Go to Top of Page

Back-N-Black

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2006 :  17:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple questions about the Wintec 100/200.

Does the Inav 3 and Wintec's work with the Verizon XV6700?
Is the battery, provided with purchase, rechargable?
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2006 :  17:17:25  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, both Wintec BT GPS and iGuidance V3 are compatible with XV6700.

Yes, the battery is rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Also, additional batteries will be available for purchase starting on Monday July 24, 2006.
Go to Top of Page

Back-N-Black

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 23 juil. 2006 :  17:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent, thanks for the quick response.

One more thing, I believe I read that the Wintec can be used as a GPS also on a PC, if PC is BT enabled and also through the USB port. Is this correct or am I mistaken?

If so does the Inav 3 work on a PC w/XP or would I have to purchase a seperate software package. BTW I already have nRoute.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2006 :  22:42:38  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Wintec WBT-100/200 can be used as BT GPS wirelessly or USB GPS through cable connection.

iNav includes both PPC and PC version on the same DVD. No need to purchase additional license.
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2006 :  01:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The current shipment arrived about two weeks ago. The manufactuer does not provide firmware update at this time. If the unit becomes defective, we will exchange to the one with new firmware. However, if the unit works, there is no reason to worry about the firmware. Even at V3.7 firmware, i-Blue is still more accurate than SiRF III based receivers with or without WAAS.

If I purchased the M5 now, will there be a way to upgrade the firmware to V4? Also, what are the main differences between the current and V4? Should I wait?
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 25 juil. 2006 :  02:25:25  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
V4 firmware does not support WAAS / EGNOS. Those are two different firmware.

If you want V4 firmware, go with i-Blue. If you want WAAS / EGNOS support, go with M5.
Go to Top of Page

netboy

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2006 :  22:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just got a i-blue gps, how do i check or confirm what version firmware i got?
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 26 juil. 2006 :  23:38:25  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no easy way to check that. If you purchase the unit after July 1, then you have V4 firmware.
Go to Top of Page

woody366

2 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2006 :  00:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
could someone inform me if there is anyone selling i trek m5 with product support and firmware updates. i trek from what i understand is presently v3.7 waiting on update to v4.0 with waas.
awaiting advice,
woody
Go to Top of Page

semsons

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2006 :  01:00:46  Show Profile  Visit semsons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Firmware upgrade is not avilable for neither i-Blue nor i.Trek M5. If you are looking for V4 firmware, we recommend i-Blue. If you are looking for WAAS support, go with i.Trek M5.

According to the manufacturer, V4 firmware will not support WAAS.
Go to Top of Page

woody366

2 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2006 :  04:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Firmware upgrade is not avilable for neither i-Blue nor i.Trek M5. If you are looking for V4 firmware, we recommend i-Blue. If you are looking for WAAS support, go with i.Trek M5.

According to the manufacturer, V4 firmware will not support WAAS.

if v4 will not be supporting waas which is more accurate in US?
i am hearing a lot of bragging that i blue with v4 is very accurate but how can it be more accurate than a waas unit that has error correction from a fixed point ground signal? all details i am reading state that both i-blue and i trek m5 have same accuracy. help me understand how. thanks
woody
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05