Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2273

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Smartphones and PDAs with built-in GPS
 [SINGLE TOPIC] Mio P550 & P350 - PDA+GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

wutdhec

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  18:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Doug. That case looks nice - I'll put an order in.
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  19:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate my Mio P550!!! I am now on my second unit, bought from a different retailer, and still it has this stupid power button problem. Randomly, sometimes the power button will not bring the device out of standby, and I have to soft reset which wipes out program settings! On the first unit I tried the power patch - didn't work. This is my only problem with it, and it is a shame because due to this one problem, the P550 sucks. I can't believe that searching on Google for thios problem doesn't bring up hundreds of similar posts. I can only find one or two, and they are in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Tewy

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  22:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had my P550 for several weeks now and have the same problem. I often have to perform a soft reset to power on. I have installed the power patch to no avail!

I previously owned a A201 (which was stolen) and a 168, this problem didn't exist on those machines. Seems little point in sending back to Mio after reading forums regarding poor service.

Generally the P550 is very good with Wifi etc - this problem really annoys me, seems a backward step.

Tewy
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  23:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wondered if it might be a bad batch of these units. What is your serial number Tewy? Both of mine had all the same numbers other than the last three. These are W73E6B00... and both bought in the UK.

I know what you mean though - it's a shame. It is such a great device and so slim and cool looking. Just has an obvious hardware fault.
Go to Top of Page

sjacques

Luxembourg
5 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2007 :  23:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I just received my P550 from SAV becaused i just freez it overloading the memory, they changed the motherboard and did an MAJ of ROM and for Now I'm using it since a week again and he never freezed or had power on problem... I'ts just became a great tool again ! I'll never change it for an other unit.
For me the biggest problem of P550 is that the SD card reader is not compatible with SDHC card format so we are stuck with only 2GB memory space ...

Mio P550 running WM 6.5 1.2b by crashoverhead.
Nav N Go IGO 8
Opera 10

Edited by - sjacques on 23 janv. 2007 23:50:32
Go to Top of Page

Tewy

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  00:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scott,

My serial no is W73EGA..........

Definitely some form of hardware fault, even when all is working ok there is a delay when switching on and off - Never certain it is going to power on or off!

Tewy
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  00:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tewy, I am at a loss as to what to do. I have been messing around sending the P550 back since Christmas. I would just buy another make and model, but I can't find anything that comes close to the spec for the price. I have been looking at the Acer C510 but it doesn't have WiFi and the screen is smaller. Any suggestions?

By the way, I have just sent a long email (probably a waste of time) to Mio, explaining the problem in full. Hopefully something will come of it and I'll keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  01:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this actually...HP rx5935
Go to Top of Page

genus

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  03:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had my Mio P550 just under a week now and so far had to soft reset it to power it on once. I wonder if it's the same issue others are reporting here. Mine's an Aussie unit but serial starts with W83E. Haven't tried the patch yet. Want to be sure it happens regularly first.
Go to Top of Page

genus

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  03:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sjacques

Well I just received my P550 from SAV becaused i just freez it overloading the memory, they changed the motherboard and did an MAJ of ROM and for Now I'm using it since a week again and he never freezed or had power on problem... I'ts just became a great tool again ! I'll never change it for an other unit.
For me the biggest problem of P550 is that the SD card reader is not compatible with SDHC card format so we are stuck with only 2GB memory space ...

I'm running a 4Gb SD card with no problems here.
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  09:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you know genus if you get full capacity on that4GB card? I am sure the max. capacity for the P550 is supposed to be 2GB.
Go to Top of Page

heerten

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  09:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I like my P550, only the GPS reception could have been better, I believe...

Question: When I connect my P550 to my PC using Bluetooth, it shows up as a mobile phone with very little possibilities. The Qtek of a friend of mine shows up as a PDA with full possibilities. Any idea, anybody?

Harm

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
Go to Top of Page

ma701ss

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  10:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heerten, how long have you had your P550? Do you have the power button problem?
Go to Top of Page

genus

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  12:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 4Gb memory card shows up as 3813Mb formatted under Settings-->Memory. I think it is 8Gb that isn't supported. It would be great to prove otherwise but then I saw this thread... http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76951
Go to Top of Page

fobeeguy

17 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2007 :  16:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Power patch? where can i get that?

edit: never mind, very easy to find on their website. I wonder if I can install the english one into my chinese machine =P

Another question, is there a way to stop windows from warning about the battery when it's still 40-50% full. I would think they should start warning at around 25-30% or something.

Edited by - fobeeguy on 24 janv. 2007 17:13:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05