Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 AIO (All in One) Comparisons - Choices
 Links to User Manuals (ex-Best GPS)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marty1

3 Posts

Posted - 21 avr. 2006 :  15:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is best GPS ?

Want:
BIG easy to see screen
Simple and easy to use
Road maps of USA and Canada
Loud easy to hear and understand directions
Cigarette lighter plug for car
Battery for bike / walk use
Other stuff I never thought of?

Thinking about?
Garmin Nuvi 350 www.garmin.com/products/nuvi
MyGuide 3240 www.myguidegps.com
Others??????

Thanks,
MARTY

Ads

marty1

3 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2006 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK.... No one replies to my question. Will ask and answer. Here's list. Learn allot by looking at owners manuals.

Garmin Nuvi 350 www.garmin.com/products/nuvi
Read all about it. On this forum.

Lowrance iWay500C www.lowrance.com/automotive/Products/iWAY500C.asp
Black & white owner manual. Come on Mr Lowrance, you selling a color GPS how about a new manual with color pictures?

MyGuide 3240 Go www.myguidegps.com
$399 Like the price! Call 650-363-8926 with any questions. Leave a message. He call you back. He no reply to email. MyGuide 3240 does not say street names.

Sony NV-U70 www.sonystyle.com Search for NV-U70
Don't like Sony brand. Can't remember why? Think it was a hard to understand electric gismo I used in a past life?

Tom Tom GO 910 www.tomtom.com
Web site has a text to speech thing to play with. Make a answering machine message. Could not find owners manual.

The finalists are Garmin and Tomtom. Go to Circuit City www.circuitcity.com Circuit City guy tells me they have a repeater in the ceiling? Lets GPS things see the sky. Circuit City will let you buy, try, and return. They charge 20% restocking fee

First difference is obvious. Garmin is smaller. Better for bike, walk. With gas prices the way they are. I am thinking of getting a solar panel on the top of my hat to power GPS. Walk.

Can move map by moving finger on screen with Garmin. Can not do that with Tomtom. Not sure if it because I don't know how to operate? Circuit City guy seems very knowledgeable with GPS things. He can't move Tomtom map with finger either.

Buy Garmin Nuvi 350 on Ebay for $681.46 with shipping.

MARTY
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94045 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2006 :  15:47:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good job on the manuals, "stickied".

marty1

3 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2006 :  17:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it - Garmin Nuvi 350
Comes with a 120V charger. No computer needed. Works better than expected. First thing I notice is, this thing is a distraction! If something goes very wrong (crash). GPS will give you a list of hospitals closest to where you are. Keeps showing me different, better? ways to go places. Best not to argue with girls, just go the way she tells ya. Comparing routes with Microsoft Streets & Trips, Mapquest, and the way I would go. Wonder which one gives fastest route? Was not sure about 3D view? Now I see 3D is good. Used to looking at paper maps.

Cigarette lighter cord will plug into rear of mounting bracket. Will get second suction cup mounting bracket for truck. No need to buy second 12V adaptor. Just use that 120V inverter you got for lap top. Move the GPS from vehicle to vehicle. Mount to dash of car with sticky disk, and ashtray of truck with suction cup. Windshield seems to far away? Tie to bike handle bars with rubber bands?

Manufactures.... Are you reading this? Would like maps of every street on this planet, More complete data - phone book, Fix street spelling mistakes that I type (USPS web site does good job at that), More languages, and LOWER PRICES! One more idea? Connect the GPS to car. Let the GPS drive. Auto Pilot. Just wake me when we get there.

Suggestions:
  • Make a graphic JPG with text showing - Property of, Name, and Contact information. Upload to pictures. Do this for same reason you write your name on stuff. So thief knows who they steal from? Also so finders/police can return.
  • Save that twist tie. Use it bundle up power cord that is hanging all over your car.
  • Watch where you going, not the new toy!

Edited by - marty1 on 08 mai 2006 01:29:35
Go to Top of Page

cleo43

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2006 :  18:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
> Can move map by moving finger on screen with Garmin. Can not do that with Tomtom.

This is wrong.
Go to Top of Page

cal0613

164 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2007 :  17:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pleas include Mio C310x on your list -- it is extremely versatile and map update will be out shortly -- I have had and used most and like Mio the best by far!!! ( ~ $200 !!!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05