Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Packard Bell - GPS 400/Compasseo
 Packard Bell GPS 400: TomTom 5 Installation. DONE!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

nutta121

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2007 :  20:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bollea

I have a quickie, i install tom tom fine, then when i turn my unit off (using the suspend button on win ce) if i try to turn it back on after a couple of days it wont come on unless i plug it into the mains (as if battery has run out?) this means it boots up to the original screen and i have to wake up ce and install tom tom again. Do you know how to solve this? thanks.

i have been having the same problem i used it and then turnd it off and didnt use it for a couple of days and then when i went to use it again it was back to destinator and i had to wake up windows ce again just as bollea mentiond. any advise would be great thanks

nutta121
Go to Top of Page

Liebaart

64 Posts

Posted - 13 avr. 2007 :  17:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the classic mistake. Instead of completely turning it off, you just darkened the backlight, but the device remained on!!

What you did is pushed the off button too long. It should be pushed only briefly to turn the device off. If WinCE is awake, better is to use the Windows Start button to put the device in Suspend.
Go to Top of Page

chamaruco

Italy
200 Posts

Posted - 23 avr. 2007 :  19:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i'm using a compasseo 300 with tt6.020
how can I show the satelite icons when navigation is runnig?
i've a good performance but signal icon is empty.

thanks

La culture c'est comme la confiture: moins on en a, plus on l'étale!!(popolare francese)

Edited by - chamaruco on 23 avr. 2007 19:53:30
Go to Top of Page

nutta121

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2007 :  11:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
liebaart ii dont hold down the power button i briefly press the button so it turns it self on as when it comes bk on it says signal lost however seconds ago as to per me turning it off. it still dies and i have to wake it all up again any other advise thanks

nutta121
Go to Top of Page

baz.g

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2007 :  06:41:17  Show Profile  Visit baz.g's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi, firstly i would like to say thank you for your time and effort on this project, hopefully i can get it working for me :)

ok, so i have followed the tut to the letter, i have installed tom tom 6 for pda's on my compasseo 500. after installing tom tom to the device using the setup.exe there is only a tom tom navigator.cab file on the memory card. the program does not appear in the programs list in the start menu so there is no way of actually starting the program. does any kind person know what i have done wrong?

thanx in advance

Baz
Go to Top of Page

jaigandhi5

1 Posts

Posted - 18 juin 2007 :  16:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys i have a pioneer AVIC-S1 with the same ARM290 processor

i followed all the instructions and tomtom starts up but after i select the voice it, tomtom just shuts down...
Go to Top of Page

deepak44

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2007 :  19:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, first of all I wanna say that im very impressed with your knowledge PsiDoc :) Im going to France but I have a Packard Bell Compasseo 500 (with Benelux card), so do you think i could install TomTom 5 on it? And if I mess it up or it doesnt work, will my compasseo still be ok then? If not, could I just use the reset button?

Many thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

Aaaron16

1 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2007 :  03:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaigandhi5

hey guys i have a pioneer AVIC-S1 with the same ARM290 processor

i followed all the instructions and tomtom starts up but after i select the voice it, tomtom just shuts down...

I'm attempting an install on a PXA255 board and having the same problems. Any ideas?

Also, my board is XScale based, yet I have still have to modify the CABs for the install to proceed. Why is this?
Go to Top of Page

mar01006765

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 27 août 2007 :  21:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am tyring to get tomtom to run on my compasseo 300, as soon as I quit the PB DShell app, I get a memory low meswsage and the PB locks up! anyone know a way round this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Go to Top of Page

DeeInLondon

13 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2007 :  02:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patxi

PsiDoc. TomTom5 is running fine, but I have a problem with POI's. When I'm going to use any option related to POI's, a Fatal Application Window error appears saying textually : "Application TomTom Navigator.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persist, contact the program vendor. Program: TomTom Navigator.exe Exception: 0xC0000005 Address: FE45DF30".

The same versión of TomTom5 installed in a "normal" PocketPC is running fine without the POI error...

I suposse that it's a problem with the poi.dat file in my map. Is this the problem or it's a problem with the GPS400?

Thank you very much again Psi ;)

Patxi

I'm getting the same error but on multiple maps so I don't think it's just the one file that is corrupt - has anyone discovered any other reasons for the fe45df30 error?
Go to Top of Page

heineoen

2 Posts

Posted - 01 nov. 2007 :  14:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do it work with the Compasseo 300 as well? (TomTom)
Is it the same modell as 500 but with less maps?

Do these modells have a backup battery?
Or do they lose information when you are out of power?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

socorrista_ach

2 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  14:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there ppl
This is my first post in this forum
I just wanted to tell everyone that i got Tomtom 6 with Iberia-Plus maps working perfectily on a awakened Packard Bell Compasseo 300
He gets several sattelites in seconds, has more precision than even the original tomtom (software+hardware), doesn't hang up ever....
If someone needs help, I will help on what i can...
PM me or send email to bbuzz@mail.pt

regards everyone and thanks...i would never made it without you all....
Go to Top of Page

schumbie

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  14:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I followed the tuturial for TomTom5 to install tomtom6,
but i can only find the ttn.cab file, modified it...the install does start but after 2 sec. it crashes...any help????

thnx!
Go to Top of Page

andyconn34

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2008 :  23:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi can you please help ,everytime the battery goes flat on my PB GPS400 the unit resets itself and then i have to go through the whole process of waking up windows CE ,is there a way to avoid this ,any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

digitech

3 Posts

Posted - 22 juil. 2008 :  17:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi can any body guide me to correct direction: which tomtom do i need for my gsp 400? there are quite few. tomtom mobile 5, tomtom naviator 5.20 & 6
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05