Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin iX, C3x0 and C5x0 Systems
 Garmin C330 / C320 Undocumented features
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

stevepowers

290 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  00:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One irritation that's been mentioned elsewhere is that ... When in navigation mode, and the "Next Turn" tab is pressed, it takes you to the split screen. This is good but I wish that the screen didn't time out. The screen stays for about 5-6 seconds and then automatically goes back to the "View Map" screen.

There is a way round this - if you press on the "Next Turn" tab ... and then immediately press on the "Down Arrow" for the following turn ... then on the "Up Arrow" for the next turn - then the system stays on the split screen for the duration of the journey - avoiding the time out.

Neat.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

hcornea

Australia
599 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2006 :  05:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alternatively (an approach I think is even simpler)

Press the Top Direction Bar to bring up list of directions.

Press the Top Direction (next one)

It will stay on the screen until it is reached, and what's more - it advances to the next direction screen as each is passed.

For thos that prefer turn by turn, rather than a moving map, this is invaluable.
Go to Top of Page

tarpon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2006 :  05:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The touch screen on my C320 is not accurate. When I touch the up or down arrow nothing happens unless I use a stylus and touch below the arrow.

Does anyone know how to recalibrate the screen?

thanks

Garmin C320 5.01 Beta
Go to Top of Page

Mover

149 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2006 :  05:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tarpon,

With the 320 off, press the power button and hold it for about a minute and you will see the calibrate screen.

Mover
Go to Top of Page

tarpon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2006 :  05:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mover, fixed the problem.

Garmin C320 5.01 Beta
Go to Top of Page

diverhank

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2006 :  18:40:52  Show Profile  Visit diverhank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it would be great if someone would take the time to consolidate all of these tricks, tips and features into one easy place. I would if I had the C3x0 to verify but I don't.

Hank
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/SP26X0UndocumentedFeatures.htm
http://home.socal.rr.com/diverhank/ForeRunner201.htm
Go to Top of Page

mfk

3 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2006 :  19:28:59  Show Profile  Visit mfk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The set feature on the C330 is to let you pick a point at a place other than where you currently are. Then it will calculate distances and routes from that point instead of from your current location. mfk
Go to Top of Page

mfk

3 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2006 :  19:33:53  Show Profile  Visit mfk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To reset my C330 you lift the right (as you face the unit) side of the face plate with your finger nail. Underneath is a small reste button. MFK
Go to Top of Page

tarpon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2006 :  23:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to save your current position as a waypoint on the C320?

Thanks

Garmin C320 5.02 Beta
Go to Top of Page

James1549

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2006 :  00:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, from the MAP screen, choose:

Menu|Where to?|My Locations|Save

James1549
Go to Top of Page

vice1234

France
5 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2006 :  15:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also using Nroute that I downloaded from Garmin. I find that planning a trip on Nroute is much easier as the computer screen is much bigger than our small little Garmin screen.

Does anybody knows how to transfer the data that I've planned in Nroute to my Garmin C320? Some way to synchronise them? That'll will be perfect.

Vice
Go to Top of Page

corgi1

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2006 :  06:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mover

You can get a free update for V7. Go to Garmin.com and click on "Map updates" in left column.

Mover

What do you do to get it free? I clicked on Map Updates and see the v7 DVD for the c330, but it says it costs $50.
Go to Top of Page

corgi1

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2006 :  17:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by corgi1

quote:
Originally posted by Mover

You can get a free update for V7. Go to Garmin.com and click on "Map updates" in left column.

Mover

What do you do to get it free? I clicked on Map Updates and see the v7 DVD for the c330, but it says it costs $50.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Once you start the order process you can enter the registration number that came with the c330 and Garmin will send the DVD for free.
Go to Top of Page

OldSailor

8 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2006 :  01:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re the free DVD for 7.0 - Does that ONLY apply IF you have purchased the DVD entirely separately, or will they send a v7 DVD to upgrade the internal Maps already loaded when one BOUGHT the C330? :-)
Tom
Go to Top of Page

Mover

149 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2006 :  01:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you buy a new GPS with a map version older than what is currently available,you are entitled to the newest version available at no cost.

Mover
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05