Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance Customization Ideas
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

corona

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2007 :  19:33:45  Show Profile  Visit corona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marvin,

Is there a way to change the size of the city names on the [PC] version?

Corona

a.k.a.
-SBK|d00mz
Shoutcast DJ, Chief Technical Officer
SBKRadio.net
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2007 :  00:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not via theme.ini as far as I know. Neither do I know any other way. But if you wanted to experiment, you could open iguidance.exe in a hex editor to see if you could find out what font iGuidance uses for that, and then substitute that font with a different one. I have no idea if that would work, just a thought.

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  13:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I redid the Exit, X, and Back buttons

Anyone thought about reskinning the whole application? I'm extracting each bitmaps from the exe via ResHacker and reskining them to a similar look to the MioMap V3 navigation software. Here's a working example from the main menu with the background, title bar, destination button, exit button, and back button reskinned. Let me know what you think so far.

With the destination button pressed down

With the X button pressed

I also did the GPS screen, but for some reason, when I run it in the actual program, there's a weird blue bar.

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236

Edited by - jambaj0e on 06 janv. 2007 04:25:42
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2007 :  14:06:32  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I LOVE your Destination buttons! Both, the un-pressed and pressed are excellent! They are not just nicer to look at than the originals, but they are easier to read, too!

Great work!

EDIT: I love the new black color un-switched buttons (instead of the earlier gray).

Marvin Hlavac

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 06 janv. 2007 16:04:35
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2007 :  23:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marvin! I changed it to black because it increase legibility of the text under the sun. The grey color is too close in color.

Wow, I just tried MioMap on the C310X and also on my PocketPC, and I must say, the graphic overhaul and level of customization is amazing! I know we have the theme.ini, but thay navigation program allows full reskinning, better color scheme layouts, as allowing a choice of multiple layouts, etc. Too bad I can't enlarge the font and increase the width of the road when using it on my PocketPC, the Sprint PPC-6700, which only have a 2.8" screen.

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236

Edited by - jambaj0e on 06 janv. 2007 23:59:50
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2007 :  23:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another update to my reskinning of iGuidance. Not all of the buttons are done, but it's getting there:

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236

Edited by - jambaj0e on 11 janv. 2007 00:23:02
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2007 :  03:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect many people who see your creations here would love an easy way to do the same

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

DamonZ28

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2007 :  04:45:39  Show Profile  Visit DamonZ28's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

I suspect many people who see your creations here would love an easy way to do the same

I can confirm your suspicions! I don't particularly care for the color schemes chosen above, but would like to have the ability to change them to my own color schemes. I downloaded one of the pics above and tried playing around with them in some photo editing programs (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro), but the programs are so overwhelming I couldn't find an easy way to do it. Jambaj0e, what do you use to make the changes to the colors and layouts?
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2007 :  05:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what I did was use ResHacker (look at the page about custom POI icons or cursor) and find which bitmaps go with which function. Then I use Photoshop to redo the buttons. Unfortunately, I have to use darker buttons primarily because the button texts are usually white & I don't know how to change them. Yes, I wish there are easier ways to do this.

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2007 :  13:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:
I'm dumping the current theme for a new one that's more like the Apple OSX: Here are two quick, unfinished examples:

Here's something interesting. Look at the text on the top bar of the main menu. On this one, it's black, but on my previous theme, it's white. I guess the software can determine how dark the top bar is and assign black or white text.

I'm making the iGuidance to match my new homescreen on my PPC-6700 PocketPC, based on the new iPhone:

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236

Edited by - jambaj0e on 13 janv. 2007 01:05:41
Go to Top of Page

wanman

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2007 :  20:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iguidance 3.0.1 POI Text Color

Any ideas how to change the new and improved POI Text color in 3.0.1? I like the smaller, contrasting color for the POI text; however, the light blue default color does not contrast well with a white background. I have already used the customization here to modify the STREET NAME color and would like to do the same for the POI text. Any input is appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  12:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damnit! I accidentally erased the folders with all the work I've done! ARGH! Although I have the modified iguidance.exe file on my PocketPC, all the photoshop PSD files are gone. =(

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  16:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch, that hurts! 10+ years ago I accidentally formatted the wrong hard drive, imagine that!

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  16:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bummer! If you haven't done much on your hard drive, you might be able to find an unerase utility to get your files back.
Go to Top of Page

jambaj0e

13 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2007 :  21:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it's too late..I just tried it and it's gone =(
Guess I gotta start over. At least it's not amazingly hard, just time-consuming

Sprint PPC-6700
Holux GPSlim 236
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05