Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 General Technical Discussions
 SiRFdemo tutorial (static navigation)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 39

gpspassion

94027 Posts

Posted - 23 avr. 2005 :  16:08:20  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please see previous messages, you need to be at 38,400 to switch from NMEA to SiRF with SiRFdemo 3.61

@gm4jjj - sure, can't move the messages myself so you'd have to start a new thread ;-)

Clamsy

2 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2005 :  19:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Clamsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

i bought the new Motorola Smartphone MPX-220 with Windows Mobile and the TomTom-Software 4.430. I have the Bluetooth GPS Mouse GR-230.

I have the following Problem. I can connect with the GPS Mouse via Laptop and i get the Satelites (Com 4 - Serial Bluetooth Port Baut 38400) i use the Sirfdemo Software for PC.

So, but i can´t connect via Bluetooth with my cellphone. I start the connection to the Holux GR-230 i insert the correct Key to connect, and i have the serial connection to the Holux GPS Mouse GR-230. But it is finding no satellites.

Must i change the Baud-Rate, or what i must change? maybe someone can help me. I will be very glad about an useful answer.

Sorry for my bad english, i´m from Germany, i hope you understand what i mean.
Thanks a lot

Clamsy
Martin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94027 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2005 :  20:12:56  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome but you're off topic here and TomTomMobile v4 is not designed to work with other receivers than the TomTom BT GPS, this will change with TTM5.

Clamsy

2 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2005 :  22:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Clamsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh thank you, it will work, when i install TTM5. OK, i look tomorrow to buy the new version and try it again.

If i have problems, i contact you again.

Thank you
Clamsy
Martin
Go to Top of Page

manolis1976

37 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2005 :  23:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i changed my 338 protocol to sirf ...and i just want to ask if it is going to keep that setting even with an empty of battery.
Go to Top of Page

Carl@SiRF

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2005 :  00:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The protocol setting is kept in battery-backed RAM. If you lose all battery power there may be a SuperCap or something similar to keep things alive, but there is also a good chance there isn't. If all backup power is lost BBRAM is corrupted and the receiver reverts to factory defaults. As long as some backup power remains, your new settings are retained.

Carl - SiRF Customer Support
Go to Top of Page

Leif

Sweden
141 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2005 :  21:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

@leif - did you try that new PPC program on your Yakumo ?

Yes. Thanks. spGPSView works nicely. I have PocketPC 2003 but not second edition. Still there is a lot of things spGPSView can't do compared to SiRFDemo on PC. How much can SiRFDemo PPC do?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94027 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2005 :  22:56:41  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much, SPGPS really does a lot, what features do you miss ? SBAS correction monitoring comes to mind I guess.

hausee

26 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  04:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to use SIRFdemo to disable static navigation on my holux 236, but later it can not connect to my pda as well as notebook(through bluetooth usb adapter)

how can I get it back to work?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94027 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  08:50:55  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't connect or can't communicate ? Maybe you left it in SiRF mode ? You need to switch back to NMEA.

hausee

26 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  16:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe that is true, because I saw "SiRF Mode" is in grey text. I tried to synchronize protocol and baud. then set to factory setting, nothing happened.

So What should I do?

I will head to Maine with this GPS on May 11st. I am so worried I can not get it to work before I leave. Do you have a faster way to conmunicate with you? like msn messenger. mingxu2001@hotmail.com

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Carl@SiRF

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  17:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Synchronize Protocol and Baud Rate actually only sends a command to the receiver to go to SiRF protocol, and it does it at every baud rate and in both SiRF and NMEA protocol. Then it switches to SiRF protocol at 57600 where it expects to find the receiver. If that doesn't work for you, it is probably because the receiver is set up to communicate at a different baud rate (e.g., 38400 for many Bluetooth receivers). If Synch doesn't work for you, after you have tried it scan each baud rate manually, starting at 4800 and working upwards to 115200. Assuming you find the receiver at one of them, remember that as your receiver is likely to go there whenever it is told to change protocol.

SiRFDemo is not a passive program like many monitors -- it often sends commands to the receiver when you aren't expecting it to. For example, if you open a log file, SiRFDemo sends a query for software version and navigation settings to the receiver and logs the results in the log file so that information is available when the file is reviewed. Likewise, if you try to issue a command to change some setting like static navigation, SiRFDemo queries the receiver to find the current setting, and if it is successful then the menu you see will have the option already set for you (I think that one sets the option so that if you just click "send" it will change the current setting -- for example, if static nav is off, it will show the default as "on" so if you click "send" it will change the setting).

For your current case, scan until you find where the receiver is talking, then command it back to NMEA at the right baud rate and you should be fine.

Go to Top of Page

hausee

26 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  19:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you reply.

But after I scan each baud , I still can not get them to talk to each other. but it seems the computer can connect to gps, however when I use navigation software on my notebook, it return something like" although com is open, there is no data been received."

..............why they made such software so aggressive?!!!

help please :(

do I need a usb data cable?

Edited by - hausee on 06 mai 2005 19:39:36
Go to Top of Page

Carl@SiRF

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  20:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using SiRFDemo? If so, are you seeing any activity in any of the following windows: Error View, Signal View, Map View, Debug View or Response View? If you see any activity, what is it, and in which window?

If you see something like "Comm: CE_BREAK" in the Error View, you have a receiver that is talking, but you have set the wrong baud rate. Try another one. Once you get data appearing in windows like Debug View or Signal View or Response View you can determine your protocol and switch to whatever is right for your navigation software (probably NMEA).

Go to Top of Page

hausee

26 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2005 :  20:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nothing in the windows....but I can see the windows flash without any data update...

:(
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 39 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05