Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 MS Streets and Trips, AutoRoute, and MapPoint
 Tips & Tricks for MS Streets & Trips / AutoRoute
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

TheBard

11 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2005 :  09:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

will the performance remain pretty much the same?

No degradation that I could detect. In theory, the .exe might even be faster because the text file will not have to be parsed / interpreted.
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2005 :  12:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Introducing: S&Tkeys

:-) It doesn't let me sleep. Now people don't have to download the application and then download the configuration file and then save it in the proper folder...

All we need to do now is run this file: STkeys.exe

If anyone wants to test it on their machine... It works on mine ;-)

Marvin Hlavac - Toronto, Canada

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 01 mars 2005 19:08:03
Go to Top of Page

TheBard

11 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2005 :  18:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marvin -

Loads fine here. I Suggest a short documentation page (so users are aware of what the program does) or perhaps a timed MsgBox display.

You might also want to include a "version number", because I suspect you may be adding more shortcuts in later versions.

Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2005 :  12:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately 2005 is a major downgrade for me. As a cyclist the inablity to define the speed of major highways prevents any use of the trip planning feature. Is there any way to hack the registry to change the percentages so I can get a 16-18 mph speed setting on a highway?!

As it stands not, I cannot recommend that any cyclist buy the current version. Even if you set the preferred segment types as far negative as possible for interstates, the planner still puts you on same. Since this is illegal and unsafe, you are better off with older version.
Go to Top of Page

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2005 :  03:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac

Garmin USB GPS receivers & how to use them

Some USB GPS receivers do not support NMEA standard, but only use Garmin's proprietary protocol which is not able to communicate with software other then Garmin's.

Thanks Martin for posting the link!

A couple questions though. How does this s/w actually work? Would it work with a serial GPS with a USB serial Virtual port? I know at times, this combination can be very flaky. For example, my Dell Laptop thinks the GPS is actually a mouse if I have my GPS on when I plug the cable into the laptop.

I wouldnt mind being able to switch back and forth between my Mapsource software and S&T and still have realtime positioning without disconnecting my GPS, changing the protocol and rebooting my laptop.

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2005 :  04:37:08  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi ELEGEND_YVR

Welcome to gpspassion website !

It should actually give you another, even more attractive feature. You should be able to use 1 (one) GPS receiver for several GPS software programs simultaneously. But to answer your question, well, I'm not sure, but it's just a click away and you are going to get a 14 day free trial ;-) Let us know if it works for you!

Go to Top of Page

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2005 :  08:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Martin for the welcome!

I am actually reluctant to download the trial unless I know for sure the s/w can work. I don't want to chance not having my USB-Serial Driver not working again. Even though System Restore is really good, it can't guarantee that my system will be the same way after I use it if things don't go well with the program after the uninstall.
Go to Top of Page

wavshrdr

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2005 :  23:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ve7mdt
1. Streets & Trips 2005 map data can be imported into MapPoint 2004 software, and instant MapPoint 2005* ;-) . It's a matter of copying the directory over. Now I have a thought to save some HDD space, if there is a way to share that directory with BOTH programs! (I will try but haven't and don't know if there is any side effect (such as same name files being used and got side effects if one program writes / updates something there etc, but if it's strictly a static directory then we're fine.).)

So if I follow this correctly, all I need to do is copy my S&T data directory into the same directory in my MapPoint 2004 directory. Is this correct or do I need to copy any other directories over as well? Any downsides to this? I definitely wouldn't mind the new data.

What functional differences (besides plugins) now exist between S&T 2005 and MapPoint 2004? The interfaces look VERY similar now. I do like the fact of plugins that are useful at times. Is there a good source ala 1-stop-shopping of available plugins for MapPoint?

On a side note, any reason why now that I have upgraded Pocket Streets to the newest version that many previous maps that were exported from MapPoint Europe 2004 no longer work with it? However maps from MapPoint 2004 N. America do! There are not very big in size, typically about 400KB.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2005 :  23:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check the following link ;-)
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19252

I was under the impression MS Pocket Streets map files from previous versions were not compatible with the 2005 version.

Edited by - Marvin Hlavac on 21 juin 2005 00:03:37
Go to Top of Page

dog-one

2 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2005 :  22:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noted a problem with the route that S&T gives me - is there any value to sending it to MS?

(Strange situation: at Campbellton in NB, one can physically go across the bridge, and in S&T one can go onto the bridge, but S&T will not route one across it ... it makes one travel around the end of the bay. )
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2005 :  23:15:46  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It may be a map data error. You could go directly to NavTeq Corporation, the map data provider, let them know and you will actually get a feedback from them: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23118

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2005 :  22:58:08  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tips & Tricks has just been updated to reflect the new Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006.

Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2005 :  23:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A couple of days ago I noticed there was some problem with some links on the first page in the Tips & Tricks. I looked into it and I realized what happened ;-) A user deleted some of his posts (I guess he thought they were no longer relevant to the new S&T version) and because of that some links were now pointing to a wrong page ;-) I just corrected the links and also I went thru the pages of this thread and tried to delete some of the no longer needed postings. I deleted about 15 (13 of them were mine). I hope every one is okay with that ;-)

Go to Top of Page

rbrown3rd

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2005 :  19:02:36  Show Profile  Visit rbrown3rd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can I create some custom pushpin symbols? I just imported all of the Flying J locations from the discovery site and would love to have a big J or something showing their location instead of a standard flag, circle, triangle, or square.

Bob -- South Florida, USA
Then -- Geographer and GIS Professional
Now -- Retired and active tourist and hobbyist geographer
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2005 :  20:48:48  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is what I just did:

1. I did a Google Image search for "Flying J". I specified "small" as the image size to be searched. Here is the result of the search: http://images.google.com/images?q=Flying+J&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&imgsz=icon

2. I selected the image I liked; in this case I selected the following one: http://b2b.flyingj.com/b2b/resources/images/b2b/logo.gif I saved it onto my desktop.

3. Since the image found had .gif extension and S&T doesn't import gif's I opened the picture in my favourite image editor and saved it with .bmp extension (Windows Bitmap).

4. Open S&T and import it by clicking on the Pushpin button in the Drawing Toolbar and select "Import Custom Symbol".

Here is the image in the correct (.bmp) format:

Right-click it and save the image if you like to use it:

iGkeys | S&Tkeys | ARkeys | S&T + AR Tips & Tricks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05