Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 Beta Testing
 4.6 Pre6 - 2 September 2005
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

gcanare

5 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2005 :  18:23:39  Show Profile
It was a recalled route. I just tried it with a new route and it still shows the same problem. However when I deleted the route it worked.

So in summary - If I have route active even with active navigation OFF and the nav pane not shown I can't open any maps. When I move the cursor over a county icon I don't get the box that shows the county is selected. If I select the "This Location" softkey it pulls up the nav pane.

If I delete the route then it all works perfectly.

The problem is I don't always know what counties to open and I need the route on so I can tell which counties it runs through.

Audiovox SMT5600 / Mapopolis for Smartphone / Belkin Bluetooth GPS
Go to Top of Page

AximMan

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2005 :  16:03:50  Show Profile  Visit AximMan's Homepage
Well I tested .45 beta on a 2.5 hour trip to the cottage in Ontario, Canada.

I had a couple of lockups. One occurred where the road and the map road split (i.e. should say on unknown road). I also had one on the way home when the GPS lost track. The GPS started tracking again (light on GPS blinks when tracking), but Mapopolis did not recognize it.

I still think the navigation pane is too big (the font that is). Can we have a smaller font option on that.

VGA looks good.

I am anxiously awaiting the next Beta!!

AximMan now owns a Toshiba e830 and loves it (mostly)
Go to Top of Page

rancho1

354 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2005 :  18:33:13  Show Profile
By default, the ETA shown is the ETA to the next turn. Can it be changed to always show the ETA to your final destination instead?

After you enter your destination, is there away to have it start navigating right away instead of halting at the text directions until you click OK?
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2005 :  19:46:43  Show Profile
Hi Rancho1 if I understand you correctly, find your destination and then press This Location twice then go down to Add to Favourites.

Then when the GPS is running press the shortcut key for Route to Favourite (9 by default) highlight the favourite you want and press Done.

Hope that helps.

Orange E200, TomTom BT GPS
Go to Top of Page

rancho1

354 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2005 :  05:07:24  Show Profile
I found a setting that makes the mapping start without displaying the text directions, so that problem is solved.
However, it looks like the ETA function just doesn't work at all. All it does is display the current time.
Go to Top of Page

GrYph0n

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2005 :  05:45:13  Show Profile  Visit GrYph0n's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rancho1

I found a setting that makes the mapping start without displaying the text directions, so that problem is solved.
However, it looks like the ETA function just doesn't work at all. All it does is display the current time.

I am still using an earlier beta, but has the same problem. However what I have recently noticed is that if ETA is selected for Voice Status Update, it will TELL you the correct ETA regardless of what the displayed ETA says (current time). Hope this helps...

Eric Jones
"GrYph0n"
Editor and Administrator of
www.mobilegadgetnews.com

My Gadgets
Audiovox SMT5600, HP iPAQ 6315, Motorola MPx200, & Dell Axim X3
Go to Top of Page

themeecer

16 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2005 :  05:21:12  Show Profile  Visit themeecer's Homepage
Man this board has been quiet for a while. I've been waiting for some news on the newest beta.
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2005 :  03:42:22  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, guys,

Look for something new to play with during the next week or so.

Lamar

"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5."
Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, The Gathering
Go to Top of Page

henrich

4 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2005 :  20:38:18  Show Profile
Im trying the latest on the MPx220, and while it works, its verrrry slow, pausing for ages at a time, and what not. Does anyone know if there are some settings I can tweak on the phone to make it run better? Also the voice prompts do not seem to work with the current release, but they do with the one on the mapopolis web site. Im installing via a cab file as I dont have a windows machine handy, could this be the trouble?
Go to Top of Page

GrYph0n

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2005 :  20:53:31  Show Profile  Visit GrYph0n's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by henrich

Im trying the latest on the MPx220, and while it works, its verrrry slow, pausing for ages at a time, and what not. Does anyone know if there are some settings I can tweak on the phone to make it run better? Also the voice prompts do not seem to work with the current release, but they do with the one on the mapopolis web site. Im installing via a cab file as I dont have a windows machine handy, could this be the trouble?

Well as far as the slow preformance, I would directly relate that to the amount of maps you have SELECTED (not loaded). Ideally you want to have as few maps as possible selected at a time, this can cause sluggish preformance if you have a lot.

Eric Jones
"GrYph0n"
www.mobilegadgetnews.com

My Gadgets
Go to Top of Page

henrich

4 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2005 :  21:01:12  Show Profile
I only have one map - LA, loaded. Granted its a huge map, but without the entire map its nearly useless for routing to places. I would hope the software would be smart enough to swap out portions of the map that arent currently in use and load them on demand (see google's map browser for example :).
Go to Top of Page

GrYph0n

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2005 :  21:08:59  Show Profile  Visit GrYph0n's Homepage
Well that eliminates that possibility. H have a lot of maps selected, well not a huge amount, but everything for the Northern Va, D.C. and Maryland area. Which version of mapopolis are you using, and did you uninstall the previous version prior to installing what you are currently running?

Eric Jones
"GrYph0n"
www.mobilegadgetnews.com

My Gadgets
Go to Top of Page

AllanHvass

Denmark
396 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2005 :  10:27:16  Show Profile
If the map file is about 5MB or larger, this is a known issue, supposedly with the SmartPhone hardware that has trouble reading large files. For the same reason, Mapopolis provides an alternative cut-up of all large maps into several smaller ones. It works just as well (except you have to keep track of more files), and Mapopolis is able to swap the smaller maps in and out as needed.

There's several threads on this topic across the forum, incl. one by me, if you want to see more detail.

Best regards
Allan Hvass

Using SmartPhone QTek 8020, 512MB miniSD, BlueTooth enabled Holux GM-210, Mapopolis, BT car kit
Go to Top of Page

Dr_StrangeTrick

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2005 :  07:22:40  Show Profile
Hey no fair, no 4.45.46 for us SmartPhone users

Orange E200, TomTom BT GPS

Edited by - Dr_StrangeTrick on 12 avr. 2005 22:10:52
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2005 :  04:04:20  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, Dr StrangeTrick,

Sorry, we not did think we had enough bugs to go around this time... Turns out we were mistaken. We have bugs a plenty...

Lamar

"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5."
Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, The Gathering

Edited by - lamar@mapopolis.com on 18 avr. 2005 14:59:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05