Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mapopolis Official Forum
 Beta Testing
 Has anyone tried a C500 with GPS?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lefty4

20 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2004 :  21:43:31  Show Profile
When I tell mapopolis to try Com 7, it tells with Com 7 is not avaialble. I figured the problem had something to do with the bluetooth headset I was also using. Therefore, I tried numerous methods to open Com 7, including deleting the bluetooth profile for the headset but nothing worked. Any suggestions on how to open Com 7?
Go to Top of Page

gcanare

5 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2004 :  21:48:27  Show Profile
You have to turn on the bluetooth serial port. Go to Start --> Configurations --> BTSerialPortSetup and enable the port for com7. Also I've had the best luck deleting the device before I do this and rebonding when it asks after you turn on the serial port.

Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 15 nov. 2004 :  22:07:48  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, Gcanare,

Welcome to the forums. We suggest that you put your handheld and program version in your sig so folks will answer correctly if you have questions.

Lamar

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for.
Go to Top of Page

Bjorn

2 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2004 :  19:37:44  Show Profile
I struggled with the same issue, I was puzzled that it worked for Streets and Trips, but not for Mapopolis.

However, I tried the method that gcanare described, and it worked like a charm for me.

My setup is:

Smartphone: i-mate SP3 (which is the same as C500 i guess..)
BT GPS: Globalsat BT-GPS-209DEC

Bjorn
Go to Top of Page

keithpleas

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2005 :  20:50:26  Show Profile
>>Try setting the COM port to 7 and the baud rate to Auto for a Bluetooth device.

Lamar? I just got a SMT5600, a BlueTooth GPS, and Mapopolis. BlueTooth GPS is working with Pocket Streets, but no matter what I do I can't get past "GPS Port (COM7:) is not available. If this problem continues, you may need to soft-reset your device. Reset now?" when accessing from Mapopolis.

I've tried deleting the device and reconnecting. Many times. The BlueTooth also works fine with my headset (Jabra 250).

So...has this problem been "solved" for the SMT5600?
Go to Top of Page

AllanHvass

Denmark
396 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2005 :  20:57:07  Show Profile
Have you enabled COM7 as a serialized Bluetooth port on the SmartPhone? Mapopolis doesn't speak directly to a Bluetooth device, it only talks with what it thinks is a serial port. But on the SmartPhone, you can map a serial input and output port to the Bluetooth device. Don't have the phone in front of me, so I can't say the exact name of the setting, but if this is all gibberish to you, it's a pretty safe bet you haven't done it yet.

Best regards
Allan Hvass

Using SmartPhone QTek 8060, BlueTooth enabled Holux GM-210, Mapopolis, Ora car kit
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2005 :  20:59:46  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Yes it's not easy to get it working - you'll find detailed explanations here http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18995
Not sure how PS are making this work so easily, they must have the inside scoop on the OS ;-)

keithpleas

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2005 :  21:22:14  Show Profile
>>Yes it's not easy to get it working - you'll find detailed explanations here http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18995

Actually, I have tried everything in there as well. Doing them in order, reverse order, soft-rebooting, etc. There is no permutation of steps that does not result in the COM7 already in use message. I do get prompted for the pairing, enter the code (again, works for PS). I've tried both "Y" and "N" on the reset alert dialog. I'm all out of options here.

>>Not sure how PS are making this work so easily, they must have the inside scoop on the OS ;-)

Heck, I'm a vendor there (at MS) and have friends on the various mobility teams. If there's something they can contribute, let me know. But as far as I can see, this is purely a Mapopolis problem (the GPS is working fine with another program and other BlueTooth devices are working as well).
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2005 :  16:32:19  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, guys,

This is what we tell folks with the SMT 5600:

Mapopolis - configuring for Audiovox 5600

1. Open Start/Configurations/BTSerialPortSetup
2. Check both Incoming (COM6) and Outgoing (COM7)
Com ports
3. Click Done
4. Bond with your GPS Device via the Bluetooth menu
5. Open Mapopolis and configure the GPS receiver
for COM7 and Baud Rate of 4800
6. Start GPS – it should work.

If you get an error message stating that COM7 is not
available, follow steps below:

1. Open Start/Configurations/BTSerialPortSetup
2. Uncheck COM7
3. Click Done
4. Reboot phone (Turn off and back on)
5. Open Start/Configurations/BTSerialPortSetup
6. Check COM7 again
7. Follow remaining steps above

From what we're hearing, this last part needs to be done from time to time. Getting the error message about the COM port indicates it's time.

Lamar

You cannot manipulate a marionette with only one string.
--The Zensunni Whip
Go to Top of Page

keithpleas

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2005 :  17:15:59  Show Profile
>>From what we're hearing, this last part needs to be done from time to time. Getting the error message about the COM port indicates it's time.

Sorry, I followed all of those steps _exactly_ - still says that COM7 is not available. Any other suggestions? I've now got a couple of hours into trying to make this work and it's extremely frustrating.

Keith
Go to Top of Page

lamar@mapopolis.com

USA
2508 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2005 :  01:18:02  Show Profile  Visit lamar@mapopolis.com's Homepage
Hi, Keith,

Hmm... Do you get this error message after a power-cycle when you don't run another program that uses BT-SPP first? I'm thinking that maybe COm 7 REALLY isn't available on the phone for some reason. (That part about "reset now" wasn't supposed to make into the Smartphone version. It's just a quirk that it's there.)

Lamar

Truth suffers from too much analysis.
--Ancient Fremen Saying
Go to Top of Page

keithpleas

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2005 :  04:40:19  Show Profile
>>Do you get this error message after a power-cycle when you don't run another program that uses BT-SPP first?

Yes. As part of your steps I'm soft-rebooting and there is no other program running. The only other device I have is the BlueTooth headset, and it doesn't use BT-SPP. The only other program I have is PS and it's a) not running and b) apparently doesn't use BT-SPP. And Task Manager shows no other task running.

Any more ideas?

Keith
Go to Top of Page

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2005 :  03:23:41  Show Profile
I have a SMT5600 with an iTrek BT GPS. I had been trying all day to get mapopolis to connect to the GPS but I could not. I was however able to pair to the GPS.

Then I read gcanare's post above and simply deleted the pairing to my GPS, enabled COM7 (outgoing) on my phone and repaired the devices. No problems from then on.

Earlier, I would leave COM6 (incoming) selected on my phone thinking this was about receiving incoming BT signals. So I was a bit amused to see that I had to enable the 'outgoing' port to receive signals. Anybody care to throw some light on this?
Go to Top of Page

keithpleas

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2005 :  16:42:50  Show Profile
I eventually got it running with addtional help from Lamar. The key thing was uninstalling PS - even though it wasn't running it was apparently grabbing the port. Of course I only installed PS to check the operation when it didn't work to start with. <smile>

Anyway, it's running fine for me except that it never remembers the COM7 setting so I have to be careful to set that up each time I use it (if I don't it goes into la la land trying to communicate with the GPS).
Go to Top of Page

sound1992

16 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2005 :  19:04:05  Show Profile
Anybody having problems with Mapopolis 4.50.42 on Audiovox SMT5600? I have always had and am still having a problem with disappearing screen on ALL builds of Mapopolis. The navigation will appear to be working fine and all, but about 5 minutes into it Mapopolis closes (it doesn't really close) and the phone returns to the home screen. The program is still running in the background and I can hear the voice prompts, but the Mapopolis display is gone. If I startup Mapopolis again, the display comes back. I have to continually repeat this to get the navigation graphic display.

4.50.42 has been much more reliable for me though. A lot of problems I had before are now fixed for the most part. GPS startup is much improved, although there are times when I have to exit and re-startup Mapopolis still to get it to connect to the GPS. Speech is much more smooth although not as smooth as I would like. Before 4.50.42 Mapopolis would be like "In 150 feet ... (10 second delay) ... turn right onto ... (20 second delay) ... Main St". It was very unusable back then. Now its more like "In 150 feet ... (2 second delay) ... turn right onto ... (2 second delay) ... Main St". Is this text-to-speech behavior normal?

Anyway just want to say thanks for the continual bug improvements, hopefully we'll get things right soon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05