Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] nuvi 3490LMT - User Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

Dewi

623 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2012 :  15:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143857
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
591 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2012 :  16:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryrae

I wonder if it may be the area I live in too. The traffic map on the Garmin site shows I am in a area with a strong HD signal yet on amazon and other gps sites a few of the people having problems have been from the twin cities area like me. It was strange I used the 3490 on Thursday and had to reset the FM table to get a signal like always but on the way home from work and to work the next day (Fri.) I didn't have to reset the FM table to get a signal but on the way home Fri it wouldn't get a signal until I reset the table again.

Guess I will have to try the update and see how it works for me since they say "Fixed an error that caused traffic features to malfunction in Minneapolis, Nashville, and Las Vegas.

UPDATE:

Well the new update hasn't seemed to fix my traffic problem. I live in the minneapolis area which the update said was an area that was fixed but today I downloaded the update did a reset of my 3490 and let it sit awhile. When I came back it said weak signal for 24 minutes.

Edited by - caryrae on 09 janv. 2012 22:29:16
Go to Top of Page

pratzert

356 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2012 :  14:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the seemingly poor experiences of users with the HD trafic on the 3490 is why they have introduced the Smartphone Link package. It may provide better results AND they can charge extra for it.

Go to Top of Page

andrewm568

5 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2012 :  03:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryrae
When I came back it said weak signal for 24 minutes.

How do you determine traffic signal strength? Is there some diagnostic screen somewhere?

The 3490 is in my wife's car so I don't get to play with it very often - I was dubious of the HD traffic though.
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
591 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2012 :  03:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just press the traffic icon on the map and you will see the signal bars on the top.
Go to Top of Page

Jim9999

52 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2012 :  15:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried making suggestions about the 3490 to:?
http://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/

Have an idea? Of course we want to hear from you!

We're lucky to have enthusiastic customers who care about our products. We will never get tired of hearing your feedback during a long run or a fishing trip, but now we have an even better way for you to share.

This form sends your suggestion straight to the innovation experts. But, before you submit your idea, be sure to read the Terms of Use carefully. Once you tell us your idea, it can be freely used by Garmin. Whether we use your idea or not, we're grateful for your enthusiasm to make our products the best they can be!
Go to Top of Page

JStu313

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2012 :  19:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pratzert

I wonder if the seemingly poor experiences of users with the HD trafic on the 3490 is why they have introduced the Smartphone Link package. It may provide better results AND they can charge extra for it.

It's hard for me to determine if the results are any better, but I AM disappointed in that the Smartphone Link app doesn't appear to include reporting of surface streets, unlike the HD traffic reports. I've been using both services in San Diego and have yet to see one incident report other than highways in the past month, yet if I disable the bluetooth and resort to HD, there could be multiple incidents on surface streets.

That said, the source data (or at least what gets passed to the device) appears to be different.
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
591 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2012 :  23:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just hooked up my 3490 to the PC to check for updates and in the additional updates using the webupdater it mentions a new Navigon Map theme for anyone interested. Sure there are other models that can get the new theme too.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7739 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2012 :  16:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the 37xx models also have this new theme listed in Webupdater.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Harvey

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2012 :  06:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have purchased a Garmin 3490 LMT and I have a few questions. These pertain specifically to the model sold in Canada.

First, I was originally under the impression that HD traffic was not available in Canada since I had read that there are no HD radio stations in Canada. However, since the model 3490 LMT is being sold in Canada, now I'm not sure exactly what to believe. Is HD traffic available, or am I paying extra money for a receiver that can only do what it's advertised to do when I am in the U.S.?

Secondly, my traffic cable has some strange labelling. On the part that plugs into the cigarette lighter, on the left side, it says "Garmin M/N GTM 60 HD" (this is obviously perfectly normal); however, on the right side it says "Canada 310". Does anyone know if this is some sort traffic unit made specially for Canada, and if so, then what's the difference? If this description isn't clear, I'll be happy to upload a picture, if someone can tell me how to do it.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7739 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2012 :  15:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is how to post a picture, if you need to:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12223

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

Puffins Nest

33 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2012 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Harvey, I have the 3490lmt. The same information you mentioned is on the plug but only on the one side on a label. On the other side it just says 'Garmin'. By the way I used the 3490lmt on a long trip last month and the traffic receiver worked great especially in the larger, heavy traffic areas, both in Canada and the US. Example on the TCH (20) before Quebec City I received a signal advising about an incident and delay at the tunnel approaching Montreal and several other notifications along the route to Toronto and in Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2012 :  19:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information.

I've actually just found a link on the GPS Passion Forums which completely answers my question. The link is www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143968.

Unfortunately, Toronto, does not have HD traffic because it has no HD radio stations.

Edited by - Harvey on 20 févr. 2012 21:01:42
Go to Top of Page

bobaber

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2012 :  23:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember reading in this forum about how to call up your complete route in the map page on the 3490lmt but I can't find it now. Will some one please post how. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7739 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2012 :  23:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the map page with the route/trip loaded, press the green bar on the top of the screen. On the list of turns screen press the 3bar icon in the upper left corner and then select Show Map.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05