Erreur dans la requête SQL

Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1930

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Garmin Lifetime Map Updater Program Released
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

NanaimoRick

Canada
7635 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2011 :  00:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE Garmin e-mailed me this afternoon:

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that we have pushed PC v2.0.5 which has a fix for the update checking frequency. In addition, there are a few fixes for random crashes we’ve seen and a fix for an issue some users with proxies were having connecting to our servers.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

smiley1081

Italy
1269 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2011 :  20:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing about the Mac version?

Have you downloaded the files from my father's iMac? (I uses the internal message system of the forum...)
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7635 Posts

Posted - 03 août 2011 :  22:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I downloaded them and sent them to Garmin.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

geezer

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2011 :  22:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After updating my 3790 maps with the Mac Lifetime Map Updater, the older maps installed in Roadtrip were locked. I has to go online and unlock them.

Then I updated my old 2720 and the older Roadtrip maps were locked again.

Edited by - geezer on 04 août 2011 22:32:11
Go to Top of Page

brianna007

83 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  13:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the map updater program install firmware and software updates? Or does it just do map updates?

Edited by - brianna007 on 06 août 2011 13:45:26
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  14:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Err, the map updater program does maps ... use WebUpdater to update software.
Go to Top of Page

bharritt

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  16:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished the latest map update using the old map updater which took over 2 hours. This time, I feel, is excessive considering I have have high speed cable internet access and a an i5-750 quad core PC. Considering this excessive update time and the history Garmin has with buggy software, I won't be install the lifetime updater and having it soak up my system resources by running all the time in the background anytime soon.

Brent
Nuvi 2460LMT, Nuvi 750, Streetpilot, GPS II
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  16:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The time is caused by the delay between the USB port and your nuvi, it's the USB spec that is the problem, not your PC or broadband spec.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7635 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  17:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about that, as the vast majority of the time involved is in the download not the transfer to the Nuvi from the PC which is where the USB port spec comes into play but on a 750 the USB does become a factor as it's the old slow 1.1 spec that's being used not the 4 times faster 2.0 spec of newer models.

Anyhow, it would have taken EXACTLY the same amount of time to download and install the new maps whether you used the Lifetime Updater program or the previous method. All the Lifetime Updater is is a "frontend" which allows for some automation of the process (no need to log into your mygarmin.com account, etc.). The same processes are running when you actually download the map data. If it took 2 hours with the previous system, it took 2 hours with the Lifetime Updater.

You do have to remember that for example, a full download to a 3790 leaving a copy of the files on your computer, is ~3.9 GB (4079064 KB). I have a 6Mbps DSL internet connection and my update takes 3 hours (same PC hardware as you). If you got it done in 2 then your connection speed is about a third faster than mine, although I pick up some time as I have a 2.0 USB port on the Nuvi and you don't but loss time as my downloaded files include other data like JV files that you don't have. It's a big file(s) and it's going to take a fair length of time to download and install and there is really not much anyone can do about it.

If your worried about the Lifetime Updater "soaking up resources" then your PC must be pretty much maxed out. The program uses little system resources, and according to Garmin, no more than the Windows Update process which very few people mind running all the time.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 06 août 2011 18:41:46
Go to Top of Page

smiley1081

Italy
1269 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  18:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smiley1081

Nothing about the Mac version?

Have you downloaded the files from my father's iMac? (I uses the internal message system of the forum...)

We probably scared it!

Today it decided to update the maps on my father's 1350...

Still at 2.0.0.
Go to Top of Page

adamgirard

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  19:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using 2.0.5 on Windows 7 x64 and my nuvi 760. I downloaded the maps yesterday, set to download to my device and computer. Just hooked up my device and clicked Install. It gives me the software license agreement, I click agree and a dialog box pops up "Note: There was an error installing your maps. Please try again. If problems continue, please contact Garmin customer support." I keep getting this message.

I'm really getting sick of this program. I first had the issue where it would always tell me I had a new map available when I didn't, I had to do a clean install to update and fix that and now that I actually have maps to update it won't work. Also, even though I told it to also download to my computer, the folder where it says the map file will go is completely empty. Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

brianna007

83 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2011 :  23:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a more recent version of this map updater comes out does it automatically get installed? I see no way of checking if the version installed is current.
Go to Top of Page

smiley1081

Italy
1269 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2011 :  00:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Settings/Info/ or whatever they are called in the English locale, Brianna007...
Go to Top of Page

brianna007

83 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2011 :  02:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All it says is updater 2.0.5 I do not see a button to check for a newer version of the map updater application.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7635 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2011 :  03:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the main screen of the Garmin Lifetime Updater click on the Settings button in the bottom left corner. On the next screen click on About on the left side of the screen. On the About screen you should see the version number in the center of the screen, below the Garmin logo. Under the version number you should see "Check for Updates", click on that to get the newest version.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05