Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2270

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 3790 Show POIs on map?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2011 :  17:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my 650, I can use Where To -> Browse Map -> Zoom In once, and the built in POIs show on the map/display.

With my new 3790LMT, I can find no way to display the POIs on the map, 3D or 2D.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Bruce.

Ads

SiamMarine

Thailand
372 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2011 :  18:13:48  Show Profile  Visit SiamMarine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No Pois for US/EU firmware.
You will see by asian f/w.
Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05 avr. 2011 :  22:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drat. Ok, thanks for the info. It sure would be nice to know the logic they used in removing that.
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  16:13:59  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion there is too young software engineer for US/EU 37xx series firmware who cannot do it same like Asian engineer sitting oposite desk (same office).
Too high wall between desks. ;-)

I'm sorry I'm sarcastic but I'm also extremely disappointed of mentioned situation with 37xx series. I couldn't imagine it before (nuvi 2xx, 3xx, 7xx, 6xx, 8xx, ...). Shock !

mariusz
nüvi 3490T (105-01652-00), nüvi 760 (006-B0754-00) & still 250W (006-B0737-00)
Go to Top of Page

ddabcd277

310 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  16:22:31  Show Profile  Visit ddabcd277's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Map POIs can be seen in "North Up" or "Track Up" modes. I think only Custom POI can be seen in "3D" mode.

Edited by - ddabcd277 on 06 avr. 2011 16:23:02
Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  16:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my 3790, no POIs are displayed in Browse Map regardless of mode, 3D, Track Up, or North Up, and regardless of zoom level. I have not found any way to get the POIs to show regardless of the settings.

I have seen a custom POI (red light camera) show in 3D mode. No built in POIs show in any mode. I too am very disappointed.
Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI: Garmin support replied that their purpose was to unclutter the screen, and that the change has been made to all recent map updates across ALL products. So no POIs on the map from now on, for anyone.
Go to Top of Page

popej

Poland
530 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  23:00:35  Show Profile  Visit popej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can still read on Garmin site about City Navigator North America: "Provides more than 6 million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, parking, entertainment, fuel and shopping".

This is not a map problem, as you can easily check with Mapsource or older nuvi. This is mad design, Garmin lost grip on reality ;)

popej
Go to Top of Page

bachastain

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  23:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 6 million will still be there, you just can't seen them on the map at any zoom level. If I'm understanding this correctly, the only way to tell if you're near a POI is to tap the position and see what pops up. You'll also be able to search for POIs and get that displayed, one at a time.

Here's the exact quote in case I'm interpreting it wrongly.

"The reason why you are experiencing this is because we have reduced the amount of information on the map screen to help make the maps not seem as cluttered with a lot of information. This has been implemented in to all recent map updates for all units. This also helps make the unit run faster without having to draw as much information on the screen."

My 650 still displays POIs if I zoom in at least once, and it's on the latest map. I don't know why they can't do the same for the 3790.
Go to Top of Page

SiamMarine

Thailand
372 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  05:05:53  Show Profile  Visit SiamMarine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will show you POIs Icon display on map.
With 3790US(Malaysia firmware) + CNEU 2010.40

Is CNEU2010.40 the map that Garmin said ??

And Asian firmware let me to use both of JCV display options. (Full and half screen jcv display) as pic below.
With full screen I will see both JCV pic & Lane assist appear at the same time.

Edited by - SiamMarine on 07 avr. 2011 05:58:51
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  08:00:35  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiamMarine

And Asian firmware let me to use both of JCV display options. (Full and half screen jcv display) as pic below.
With full screen I will see both JCV pic & Lane assist appear at the same time.
Don't mix JCV functions with showing POI on maps in this thread, please.

I think Garmin is going wrong way with "erasing POI" from maps. It is (was) really useful option/feature. We know & use it from many years (nuvi 2xx, 3xx, 7xx, etc.).
Garmin's Project Managers - wake up please & listen to customers !

Beetl(e)dit: IMO Limitation of showing POIs (as option for customer/device) should be good & enough solution. After implementation mentioned feature we will be able to limit totals.

mariusz

Edited by - beetle-m on 14 avr. 2011 07:46:29
Go to Top of Page

neadrenalin

477 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  10:22:41  Show Profile  Visit neadrenalin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think we should sign a petition and forward it to Garmin.

I vote for customizeable POI displaying (like in TW/SG versions), available in EUROPEAN and US devices. This functionality is already in the firmware, just disabled, for unknown reasons.
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  10:42:32  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with neadrenalin. Thank you for your opinion.

As we know from different sources there is probably some technical problem with showing all POIs. If it is true Garmin should think how to solve it (one my suggestion in previous post). Solve doesn't mean: removing possibility of showing POI on the maps.

What we can:
- prepare petition & sign
- prepare web questionary to show how many users want to see POIs on the map
- send separate e-mails to Garmin's management or support with complaint
- try to return our nuvi 37xx series

mariusz
Go to Top of Page

popej

Poland
530 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  11:17:33  Show Profile  Visit popej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For me the only reasonable solution is:
-All POI visible when browsing a map. We buy maps, we like to be able to see details. When touching POI on screen, nuvi should display details. "Where to" should accept POI from map.
-All POI visible in pedestrian mode. We use POI in this mode.
-Selected POI visible in navigations mode. We'd like to see parking or gas station when driving.
-Reasonable declutter, depending on zoom, work mode and user settings.

We can start a petition for POI. Next we will start a petition for usable routes, for old TMC behavior etc. Or maybe we just should face reality and move elsewhere?

popej
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2011 :  16:15:26  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only few users isn't enough to prepare petition

mariusz
Go to Top of Page

popej

Poland
530 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2011 :  17:16:31  Show Profile  Visit popej's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually we can put petition on-line and ask users to sign it. Maybe there are more than a few disappointed. We could check.
I mean general petition:
- request for routes, like it is in specification,
- request for fulfilling promise, that was displayed for half a year on garmin site,
- request for features, that are already present in Asian versions,
- request for corrections, that are present in new models.

popej
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05