Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 Nextar X3 : using IntelliNav to update ?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DocMCSE

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2011 :  01:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've recently bought a refurbished Nextar X3-03 GPS not knowing the company has never released any map updates. After unlocking the unit (thanks to MioPocket 4.0) I found that the GPS is using IntelliNav v1.00.06 from Netropa. Looking on the IntelliNav site I found that they sell a SD card with newer maps for their own GPS known as the IntelliNav 1 here http://store.intellinav.com/. They also sell 3 other GPS units (2, 3 ans SE) and through iNav software named iGuidance for Pocket PC based devices http://inavcorp-store.stores.yahoo.net/ignamegpssov2.html. Has anyone tried any of these map upgrades or even the iGuidance 2009 for Pocket PC on these Nextar units? I'm leaning toward the iGuidance 2009 direction as it comes on a 4GB SD card (I sure hope the thing can accept a 4GB SD card) for only $10 more than the simple map update SD (or even an 8GB for another $10, anyone know if this thing has a limit on the size of SD card it will recognize). Any thoughts or guidance (pun intended ) on this subject is very welcome!

Mark

Simply one man's opinion.

Ads

gpspassion

93944 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2011 :  10:39:01  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good question, since you're running MioPocket, you might be able to get the Intellinav application+maps on the memory card to work, I don't think the Nextar app would read the maps directly though as they were protected in the later versions of Intellinav.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

DocMCSE

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2011 :  18:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your answer, what do you think are my chances of getting the iGuidance product to operate on this thing? Reason I ask is that I'm not 100% certain that the IntelliNav map update SD card also comes with the executable so if the built in executable will not use the new maps I'll be simply waisting my hard earned money going in that direction. While the iGuidance SD seems to contain the full application and updated maps as well for 10-20 dollars more.

Simply one man's opinion.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93944 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2011 :  05:09:42  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hard to tell without trying, I would go for the full version for sure. Depending on the price it might make more sense to move on systems with good support going forward, like a TomTom or a Garmin entry level system. Check out the hot deals section in the forums, there have been some great prices lately.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05