Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin nuvi 24xx Series - User Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

AlanHo

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  08:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can place the traffic icon at the bottom of the screen - but I am not sure what it leads to.

I gave up using the FM traffic facility on my Nuvi 770 because (I am in the UK) it was so unreliable. I regularly hit jams on motorways that were not predicted, or was directed off the motorway (which I sometimes ignored) and met no hold-ups. On one notable occasion it directed my off the motorway up the slip road exit into a traffic jam on the junction island - then immediately back onto the same motorway from the island. I have no intention of using the traffic on the 2460.
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  13:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlanHo

The map screen shown when navigating is still wrong - it does not show the small windows stacked vertically on the right of the screen I referred to in my earlier post or how to customise them

Have not used on 2400 unit, but on the others you would press Menu > Tools > Settings > Navigation > Auto > Data Layout (or something like that) and choose "more data".
Go to Top of Page

Pamlico

75 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  14:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"it does not show the small windows stacked vertically on the right of the screen .... or how to customise them"

Right, unfortunately, but if you touch each of those small windows you get the option of what you want the individual window to display.
Go to Top of Page

johnnytuinals

151 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  17:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Have not used on 2400 unit, but on the others you would press Menu > Tools > Settings > Navigation > Auto > Data Layout (or something like that) and choose "more data".
[/quote]

Thanks for your help.
I went to everything you said and when I go back to the Main Map,
It does not have a icon I can press for Traffic in my area.
It was always on my C550 at the bottom on the screen.
But I am sure there has to be a way to get that Icon to show up on the main map so I know where the traffic might be so I can avoid it before starting any trips..
Thanks again.................JT
Go to Top of Page

ST-Bob

USA
3684 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  17:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On most of the Nuvis I've seen with traffic receivers the traffic icon doesn't appear on the map until the receiver tells the GPS there's traffic on your route or the current limited-access highway you're driving on. Then a traffic symbol appears and you can press it for details and location.

Other times, to get to the traffic display you need to go through the menus. The 2400 series is probably similar to that. Although you can customize the 4 data display boxes far more than older Nuvis, I doubt you can put a non-data containing button in the boxes. The choices will probably be somewhat limited.

Bob Peloquin - Moderator-Lowrance iWay forum
Massachusetts, USA
Various Iways, nüvi 750

Edited by - ST-Bob on 18 mars 2011 17:36:24
Go to Top of Page

johnnytuinals

151 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  19:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your time
I called Garmin and spoken to 2 differant techs
And both told me that there should be a Icon on the Map,left side
of the screen.
Second tech had me reset the Info to the traffic data area in the 2460.
Both techs said there should be a Icon even if its not lit for
traffic in the area.......Thanks JT
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  22:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to a video of the 2460. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcR1J4Di1WA
Go to Top of Page

johnnytuinals

151 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  22:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right ,,,,,where is the Traffic Icon?I cannot see one
I called Garmin up and they are replacing my 3 day old 2460LTM
They told me even if there is no traffic,there is surposed to still
be a traffic icon on the map.
They first thought it was the power cord till we went into the System of the GPS
and it shows that the GPS was getting a signal......
So its a early software problem they told me since there is no traffic Icon on the Map.Same with the Video you posted?................Thanks JT
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
880 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  10:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't get your hopes up, it wouldn't be the first time that Garmin customer support have got it wrong, and you get back a unit with exactly the same 'fault'. Unless something is different on the latest nuvis you don't get the traffic icon UNLESS the power cord is plugged in, powered and working correctly and receiving a signal containing traffic info. Will be interesting to hear what you find when your new unit arrives.
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  12:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet there is nothing wrong with the unit. It takes time for the traffic icon to show. And I believe it might only be while you have an active route.

Presently owned Dezl 760LMT Montana 600 2460lmt 1490T SP2610 SP2720 GPSMAP 276C GPSMAP 60CS NorthStar 951XD in the boat since 1996.
Previous owned Garmin 48,76cs,210. Nuvi 880,1490T.
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
880 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  13:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you need an active route otherwise the unit can't tell whether there is 'traffic on route' or not

Edited by - sussamb on 19 mars 2011 13:28:14
Go to Top of Page

gatorguy

USA
648 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  13:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not true. I'm often warned of potential traffic issues ahead, both by red/yellow on-screen icon and verbally, even with no set destination on my 1695. My old 760 with MSNDirect would do the same.

Garmin 1695 / 760 / 255 / Navigon for Android / Navigon 8100T / Garmin Dakota 10 / Geomate
Go to Top of Page

sussamb

United Kingdom
880 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  13:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Gator, you're right, my reply was a bit 'tongue in cheek' hence the smile. You can't tell if there is traffic on route unless you have a route selected, BUT you will get a traffic icon if you meet what I said originally 'you don't get the traffic icon UNLESS the power cord is plugged in, powered and working correctly and receiving a signal containing traffic info'.
Go to Top of Page

Captcaper

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  14:30:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have much expierence driving in the citys..Traffic here is not going to happen at any time of the year.I live in the Northern most part of NH. Go down south on business few times a month if that. Usually I'm running an active route.
But I do notice it takes time to get the traffic icon up on the screen so he might be not giving it time. I doubt if there is something wrong with his unit.
Probably good idea to turn it on a while before hitting the road if someone is conceren

Presently owned Dezl 760LMT Montana 600 2460lmt 1490T SP2610 SP2720 GPSMAP 276C GPSMAP 60CS NorthStar 951XD in the boat since 1996.
Previous owned Garmin 48,76cs,210. Nuvi 880,1490T.
Go to Top of Page

johnnytuinals

151 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  18:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my 2460 is always Powered with the power plug(always on when I am driving}
Point is on my C550 I always had a Traffic Icon in the lower screen and it would always tell me what traffic tie up there are before going anywhere(10 miles too 75 miles worth of traffic}.I thought that
was a cool feature.
Anyways I am heading towards brooklyn within 2 hours and will see if any sort of a traffic icon gets picked up.
Garmin will be sending me a replacement on Monday sooooo if I need a new 2460 I will have it and if I don't then I can refuse the package.....Thanks..........JT
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05