Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2172

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  02:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 Osprey, Thank you the error occurs after installation immediately after setup closes and Miopocket is loading to the skin.

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

jerrico

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  03:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, Yes I was referring to to pulling the battery cable to reset the unit. I also have tried doing a hard reset. I just tried formatting and reloading the SD card with the software, no luck. Also I did install using the SD card method. All I get from the unit is the splash screen with a satellite picture on it and the scrolling progress bar like you get on a windows startup. I left it try for several minutes and nothing. I also tried pulling the battery cable and leaving it disconnected for several minutes, no good.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  03:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bsweeny,
Check MioAutoRun\Backup\StartupLog.txt (I said that before, but I meant InstallLog.txt before).

jerrico,
You can try this: create a folder named 2577 in the root of the SD card, copy MioAutoRun\Programs\FileManCE2\FileManCE.exe to it, rename FileManCE.exe to autorun.exe and then insert the SD card into the device. If a file manager doesn't appear, then the idea doesn't work. After that, you can try copying FileManCE.exe to MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.exe, since that ought to be what the system is trying to run on startup. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do, since I don't understand why your device is behaving like this.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 11 oct. 2010 03:59:15
Go to Top of Page

eagle1313

16 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  06:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

bsweeny,
eagle1313,
That shouldn't happen with SD installation. You're sure that you didn't change any files on the internal flash drive, right? Does the device boot up normally when the SD card is not inserted? If so, then my guess is that the card is the problem. Re-format it with Extras\Win32\SD Formatter in the MioPocket zip, re-copy MioPocket and try again.

Will try that and give you feedback. Thx
Go to Top of Page

eagle1313

16 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  07:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It worked... Thx Osprey!!!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  08:58:00  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone,
I've made a simple video that shows most of the key features of MioPocket 4.0. It goes over how to edit/delete/copy/move/add icons, play videos in fullscreen, play music in the background, use the image viewer, minimize apps, switch between apps, change skin elements (like wallpaper) and so on. If you've never used MioPocket or are a current user and would appreciate a demonstration (especially if it shows you something cool that you didn't realize), check it out:
MioPocket 4.0 video guide

eagle1313,
I'm glad to hear it. Yeah, corruption on SD cards is a common problem, but it's also an easily-solved one, fortunately.

Edited by - Osprey on 11 oct. 2010 09:14:54
Go to Top of Page

eagle1313

16 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  10:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One mote little thing for you Osprey... can you help me width this:

- http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=82603&whichpage=3
- http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76200

Hope someone can help me width this also...
Go to Top of Page

moex

2 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  15:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

moex,
If you're doing an SD installation, I suggest re-formatting your card with Extras\Win32\SD Formatter in the MioPocket, re-copying MioPocket and trying again.

Hi Osprey,

Tried using the SD format tool, but no success.

Anything else I could try?
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  18:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,Janne

Finally got the keyboard input device panel working on win ce 4.2 after a lot of trial and error.
I used mini miopocket on a Mio C710 and all the keyboards are available so the problem is the difference between full MP4 and Mini MP4 and as a lot of script files are removed with MP4 mini perhaps you could narrow it down.Bye

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

rlarry

Romania
7 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  19:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Osprey,
I see that you are a master in WinCE and GPS devices.
My device could not connect to the GPS module because of those differences I found in the registy?

OLD BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY BEFORE MIOPOKET
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\26]
"Hnd"=dword:D2845D20
"Name"="COM7:"
"Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\GPS"
"BusParent"=dword:D004E6E0
"InterfaceType"=dword:00000000
"BusName"="BuiltIn_0_21_0"

NEW REGITRY AFTER GOING TO SERVICE
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\26]
"Hnd"=dword:D28A34A0
"Name"="COM7:"
"Key"="Drivers\\BuiltIn\\GPS"
"BusParent"=dword:D0042140
"InterfaceType"=dword:00000000
"BusName"="BuiltIn_0_21_0"

There are and other differences in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\XX]
(where XX is from 01 to 43).
Can and other differences influence the GPS module from the device?

Evolio E520
Go to Top of Page

rlarry

Romania
7 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  19:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thing is
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Security\Crypto]
"Seed"=hex:3f,9f,97,b4,d6,6f,e5,ae,a0,45,07,64,49,7c,50,25,0c,6a,f6,cc

know someone for what is this entry in the registry?

Evolio E520
Go to Top of Page

edmaronline

5 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2010 :  22:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi anyone knows anything about Aldiko to Wince? This is a very nice ebook reader.
Thanks!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2010 :  05:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
eagle1313,
I can't help with that, unfortunately.

moex,
Is "FlashDrive" in MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini set "\My Flash Disk"? If not, it should be that and you can change it. If it's already that, then you can set ResetAfterInstall=0 in the same file. It's not a good solution unless you have to, but it'll avoid that soft reset.

John Dough,
Nice find. I wish that I could determine from that exactly where the issue is, but I can't, since I tweaked a lot of things in many places. I still need someone to narrow it down. If either of you are up for it, replace folders under MioPocket Mini's MioAutoRun with those from Release 66 (by replace, I mean delete the old before copying, don't overwrite).

rlarry,
Registry changes can break hardware, yes. It looks like the service center didn't flash your device with the same settings that your device came with. You have the backup of the version that you need, though, so I'm not sure why you don't just import it and see if it fixes your problems.

edmaronline,
That's an Android app. They can't run in Windows CE.

Edited by - Osprey on 12 oct. 2010 09:04:43
Go to Top of Page

rlarry

Romania
7 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2010 :  08:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey
I don't imported them till now because, now I'm afraid to not break something again. I want to be sure that what I'm doing it is right, before proceding the import.
I think that they took the registrys of other device and put them into my device. They did not given much explanations about what they had done.
Thanks for the help.
In the next days I will proceed to the import and I will announce you about the result.
Might help someone someday.

Evolio E520
Go to Top of Page

Cosmo_z

7 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2010 :  15:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey,
I uninstalled version 59 with "Remove MP" and tried to install version 66. Using the same procedure that i've used for the version 59, the installation of version 66 not start. In my opinion it is necessary to clean the registry.
I tried the keyboard JOTKB some days ago. Touchscreen do not work more. I had to reset the device with the factory settings and re-fix the touchscreen.
I also noted that by starting the device without the SD, device reaches the Navigon software screen, but very slowly, as if it upload things to the registry do not need.

The most important thing is completely clean the registry from previous installation, then I can do other things.
how can I do this?
Which items of registry should I check?

thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05