Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

qpcxd

China
10 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  15:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

qpcxd,
I just did a file compare and MioAutoRun.mscr is exactly the same file in R66 and R65 as in R64, so there's no reason that I can see for there to be any difference at all in behavior.

Dear Osprey,thank u so much for your help!
Now I am using MioPocket 4.0 R64.

For the R65&R66 Installation:
First when I use the SD Card Installation there was the message"couldn't create directory \storge card\mioautorun\backup Line51(\storage card\mioautorun.mscr MkDir(Drive\mioautorun\backup)" after my crating "backup" file manually, the Installation could be continued,but the "Miomap" icon was invalid(cannot tap it) after reboot.

Second when I use the SD Card-free Installation the way in Option #1: Copy directly to flash drive,tap the "miomap" icon but it couldn't boot the startup menu.

Third time when I use the SD Card-free Installation the way in Option #2:Copy via SD card the problom also appeared.

In the end when I use the SD Card-free Installation the way in Option #1: Copy directly to flash drive for the R64 Installation,after copied the files tap the "Miomap" icon the "Run MioPocket" menu appeared ! It was success!

I think if it can call the startup menu ("Run MioPocket) appear there will be success for R65&R66.

I shoud to give up install R65 and R66 for the moment because I cannot find the right way now.

Thank U!

Edited by - qpcxd on 24 sept. 2010 15:58:18
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  17:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
papouphil,
If you simply copy the MioAutoRun folder of each new release over your existing one, it will not replace your icons. Instead, when MioPocket starts up, a question will pop up, saying, "New icons have been detected. Would you like to backup your current icons and use the new ones?" If you choose No, your current icon layout will not change. If you choose Yes, your current icon layout will be backed up and replaced with the new release's. At any time, you can go into Skin Changer, press the "Backups & Defaults" icon and restore the backup.

Osprey,

is this because in a fresh copy icons.xml is called icons.default.xml?

Your answer regarding coredll.dll. If execheck or depends reporting coredll.dll as the problemmaker, what else would you do than the trick with coredl2.dll? Some while back, I was very successful with a WinCE 4.2 device.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  17:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bsweeny
Firstly, the guy who wrote the tutorial, has a, let's call it, very loose understanding of how the device works. Please don't stick to his description or you will constantly run into dead ends.

!!! Does someone know a site with a good and correct description of the internal workings of a PDA/PNA for bsweeny? The two that i have are both in german.

Second the post is mostly fluff.
The only useful information i could get out of it is that, acording to the author, you will have to copy the MioAutoRun.exe, MortScript.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to the D7 directory. Rename the Destinator.exe to whatever you like and then rename MioAutoRun.exe to Destinator.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Destinator.mscr
The MioAutoRun folder should remain at the root of the storage card, i guess.

That's it, nothing more to do for you.
Tell us how it went.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  17:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey
Had some ideas about saving space.
After the script has detected which CE version the device is running, it could delete the CE4, CE5 or CE6 folder depending on, which one isn't needed.
For CE4 devices also some applications that require CE5 could be automaticly deleted.
Another way would be to actually check the files in the Windows and System folder of MioPocket against the ones already present on the device and delete duplicates.

Regards Gremlin

Edited by - Gremlin on 24 sept. 2010 17:46:09
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  17:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gremlin,

quote:

the idea is not that bad at all, but savings are only a few MB. On the other hand it could sometimes be of use to try a CE4 driver on CE5.

quote:
The two that i have are both in german.

Please post them. Google translate isn't that bad ;)

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

kenstone

13 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  19:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey,

Thanks for the great software, impressive!
Sorry if I repeated the same question, as I couldn't find the information anywhere.
I have a chinese PNA device, it is already 'unlocked' (I could reach the windows CE 6). The question is, could i install Miopocket 4.0 without go through the unlock scripts? like skipping the unlock device part, and proceed with the rest of the installation.
Or is this actually done automatically by Miopocket installation once we hit 'MioAutorun.mscr'?
Please kindly advice.
Thanks.

p/s: sorry for my poor English.

Regards,
Kenstone
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  19:23:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The amount of space to save by deleting one of the CE directories isn't that big on a CE5 device, but on a CE4 device its 10MB.

The page i used to learn about the internal workings of PNA was this:
http://www.gopal-navigator.de/wiki/index.php?title=Interner_Speicher%2C_Aufbau_und_Funktionsweise

But it is only really useful, if one has no background in the internals of other M$ OS. As the CE guys use a different terminology than the rest. So it took me a a bunch of days to understand a OS, that works just like the others! :lol:

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  19:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenstone
Or is this actually done automatically by Miopocket installation once we hit 'MioAutorun.mscr'?

Unlocking means nothing else but replacing the former shell with a less restrictive one.

So when you replace the default shell with MioPocket, either because you want the additional freedom or just the additional tools and eye candy your 'unlocking' your PNA.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

krushal

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  19:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How change the language to English?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  21:14:01  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

@Osprey
After the script has detected which CE version the device is running, it could delete the CE4, CE5 or CE6 folder depending on, which one isn't needed.
For CE4 devices also some applications that require CE5 could be automaticly deleted.
Another way would be to actually check the files in the Windows and System folder of MioPocket against the ones already present on the device and delete duplicates.

Regards Gremlin

Most of your ideas already were discussed in the tips & tricks side thread, for example here. Scripts to trim storage space used by MioPocket, i.e. achieve a gain in storage space by deleting some folders, exes, dlls, scripts, etc, you can find there, too. You should take the time and try them out, if there is the necessity to do so for you! Note: maximal 12,5 MB is possible.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 24 sept. 2010 21:18:12
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  21:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
Note: maximal 12,5 MB is possible.

You're figures must be old, i count a bit over 16MB without even trying.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  02:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

@bsweeny
Firstly, the guy who wrote the tutorial, has a, let's call it, very loose understanding of how the device works. Please don't stick to his description or you will constantly run into dead ends.

!!! Does someone know a site with a good and correct description of the internal workings of a PDA/PNA for bsweeny? The two that i have are both in german.

Second the post is mostly fluff.
The only useful information i could get out of it is that, acording to the author, you will have to copy the MioAutoRun.exe, MortScript.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to the D7 directory. Rename the Destinator.exe to whatever you like and then rename MioAutoRun.exe to Destinator.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to Destinator.mscr
The MioAutoRun folder should remain at the root of the storage card, i guess.

That's it, nothing more to do for you.
Tell us how it went.
Regards Gremlin

thank you, well I tried this before and it works but not like it should everytime it booted it installed. the program I used to unlock is at this link also information from the same author

www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109519

download is called tabs v1 along with nk.bin.

these are used to unlock the devise tell me what you think of it?

this way works but Mods the whole devise

thank you

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  03:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but i'm a bit thrown by your answer.
Do you want to run MioPocket on your device or another unlocker?

quote:
Originally posted by bsweeny
thank you, well I tried this before and it works but not like it should

How do you think it should work?

quote:
everytime it booted it installed.

You mean after each Reset? That's how MioPocket is suppose to work.
MioPocket is actually an installer, which is executed every time your device starts up from a powerless state or after a hard - or soft reset.
It will not install, when the device is awaken from suspend.

quote:
the program I used to unlock is at this link also information from the same author

www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109519

download is called tabs v1 along with nk.bin.

these are used to unlock the devise tell me what you think of it?

this way works but Mods the whole devise

This part here sounds strange.
quote:
The device has a small amount of ROM that is used to boot the device, similar to the BIOS on a PC. This BIOS will read a file called NK.BIN off the SD card, which is basically an image file for Windows. The Windows files are extracted from NK.BIN including the registry and then loads.

Though a behavior like this is possible, it sounds stupid. It would require the device to have more RAM, than when it works the usual way. Roughly 16MB more RAM, which sounds unlikely knowing that the device is on the cheap side.
How much RAM does your device have?

Can you boot your Omnitech into desktop without loading Destinator and check the used RAM with resinfo too?

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  03:46:03  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jkowal,
Hmm. Try choosing "Switch to SiRF" from the GPS Utilities menu (on MioPocket's GPS page). Also, if you open MioAutoRun\Scripts\AppLauncher.mscr, there's a line near the bottom that calls GPSModeToggle.mscr. You could try putting a # sign in front of that. If neither of those help, you might try finding and setting AlwaysRunning=0 in MioPocket.ini, then soft reset.

Gremlin,
1. Sorry! :) I'd been planning a lighter version of MioPocket for a while. I wanted to do it a year and a half ago, but someone took the MioPocket name and created an un-related project named "MioPocket Lite," so I lost interest. Then, I got the interest back 6 months ago, but had to finish MioPocket 4.0, since the lighter version would be based on it. Then, after release, I had my hands full fixing 4.0's bugs. Now, finally, 4.0 is fairly stable and close to 3.0's final solidity, so the timing was right. Seriously, sorry to upstage you. I felt similarly when the guy made "MioPocket Lite" (though worse because he used the name). Anyways, I'm not going to put a whole lot of time into it (not like I do with MioPocket), so if you have ideas that you were going to put into your unlock that you'd like to share, I'm definitely listening.
2. I've been told that the included alarm clock app is usable on 320x240 if you use the time zone clocks on the left side and move the dialog windows around. Still, I tried for over two years to find another alarm clock app that works better at 320x240 and couldn't find another that even worked at all. A few weeks ago, I did find the "World Clock" app that I added to R65. It has alarm features in it and I was excited at first, but I couldn't make the alarm work every time. Perhaps you'll have better luck.
3. Yeah, I've considered a number of times having installation delete unnecessary files, but I'm hesitant to because deleting folders on a user's device is not something to be taken lightly. This was really driven home to me a few days ago when I used the "Remove MioPocket" icon in a pre-release build of MioPocket Mini. It ended up deleting everything (and I mean everything) on both my SD card and my flash drive. My guess is that the target folder was missing, but I'm not sure. I removed the DelTree operation from the script just to be safe. Anyways, the point is that that can have bad results and I'd rather not risk MioPocket (or Mini) being responsible if it happens to anyone. I'd rather users delete things like that, themselves, if they value a little extra space.

qpcxd,
Maybe you should start over from scratch. Like I said, there's no difference in MioAutoRun.mscr (or MioAutoRun.exe or MortScript.exe), so there shouldn't be any difference. You might be doing something slightly different each time or it's because you're not starting over from scratch. Then again, if you're happy with R64, you could also just stick with that, since R65 and R66 don't include many changes.

bumbum,
1. Yes, icons.xml, settings.xml and MioPocket.ini come as icons.Defaults.xml, settings.Defaults.xml and MioPocket.Defaults.ini, respectively, so that they don't overwrite the ones on the device (which were renamed without the ".Defaults" during first installation).
2. Well, EXE Check and Dependency Walker don't really tell you whether any DLL is the problem. They just tell you which DLLs the app needs. Even if coredll.dll is the only one listed, the problem could still be in the CE version of the app (changeable via "Re-write version"). Also, they don't always list all DLLs needed. For example, you never see GX.dll listed as a dependency for GAPI apps, but it's often needed. Similarly, TaskMgr.exe doesn't list imaging.dll, but still uses it. Anyways, that's just technicality. What I was saying is that you should definitely try coredl2.dll; just try a number of things with coredll.dll first. I just wouldn't want people to change to coredl2.dll right at the very beginning of troubleshooting (as your instructions seemed to suggest), since it may complicate the troubleshooting.

kenstone,
Yes, you can skip installation by copying MioAutoRun\System\CE6\toolhelp.dll to MioAutoRun\Scripts, MioAutoRun\Programs and MioAutoRun\Programs\MortScript, then running MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.exe. Alternately, you could just "install" MioPocket Mini, which does away with most of the things that make installation somewhat risky and would allow you to run more of your own apps than skipping installation in full MioPocket.

krushal,
Do you mean that you have a device on which the OS (start menu, desktop, explorer, etc.) is in, for example, Chinese? If so, look in the Extras\Patches folder in the MioPocket zip to change the MUI to English.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 25 sept. 2010 03:53:13
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  03:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey
How exactly did you disable the GAPI option in the player? I just can't figure it out.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05