Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1933

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2010 :  21:00:20  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Osprey
I upgraded to R62

I still have an "iphonetoday" error message each time i launch igo8 (fatal error/illegal operation). The only difference is now, i have to clic "OK" before the device launch Igo8 (before, i had error and igo launched automaticaly "above" the error windows)
Any idea to fix this?

2nd point:
I use 800x480 skin.
2 issues:
- the top right "x" cross still look buggy: in fact i have to "x" button close to each other: one in the bar (but not working) and one other in a small button... very small (half height of the bar)... too small to be clicked with a finger... i always have to use a stylus, and that's a big issue, because with the new interface of Miopocket, everyting is more "finger friendly, so i usualy try to use only my finger and not stylus.
- Miopocket now include "eurokeyboard", that is quite cool. But with 800x480 skin, the keyboard is definitly too small. There is a specific version of eurokeyboard for 800x480, much more "finger friendly". Is it not possible to include it natively in Miopocket? Do i risk to break anything if i try to install it "over" the existing version of eurokeayboard provided with Miopocket?

last: is there any way to configure winmobile to get bigger "generic" menu bar (i mean for all applications)? The small menus are really difficult to use, and i didn't find where i can change this. if yes, could you include this in future 800x480 skin?

thx

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR

Edited by - gandalf_barbones on 06 sept. 2010 21:01:18
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  02:22:36  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wayway,
1. Thanks for the tip. I'll add a note at the end of the Nextar instructions to try the Wayteq instructions.
2. I really have no experience with Garmin, sorry. It could just be the Garmin software. You might try finding some a thread or forum focused more on that.

bman,
Did you not replace MortScript.exe in the root of your SD card with the one that comes with R62?

jwoegerbauer,
If you'll notice, they're actually different, not the same files (hence, not "duplicated"). I've verified that the CE4 versions work on my CE5 device, but I'm not sure if switching to those would harm performance or features in .NET apps. As TroNik said, Microsoft must've made separate versions for a reason.

gandalf_barbones,
1. PND. When they're available, you always want to use PND/PNA versions of apps. The latest iPhoneToday comes with R62.
2. I don't know why iPhoneToday would crash with iGO. Have you tried the suggestion that you quoted earlier? Even though I just said that it's the same version in MioPocket, it's actually the iPhoneTodayDesktop.exe version renamed, so the iPhoneToday.exe is slightly different. I don't why it would make any difference. I'm just going on what that other poster said.
3. Are you saying that the large close button on the MiniBar (that hovers over apps) doesn't work for you? If so, what's the error message? As for the one that's on the skin, itself, you'd probably be better off going into Skin Changer, then the "TopBar Icons" page and selecting the "Aluminum" icon
4. I imagine that it's the same version of EuroKeyboard, just a larger layout. You can probably use it by identifying which .txt file it is and then copying it to MioAutoRun\Programs\EuroKeyboard. Do you have a link?
5. FYI, there are no skins for specific resolutions with the new (iPhoneToday) shell. Everything scales to any resolution.

k4955,
1. Well, Moov Mode is what you're meant to use. It runs an app that comes with the Moovs for enabling USB. I added it to the menu because the generic choices don't work.
2. Near the top of Auto.mscr are the settings for the startup menu. You can edit them there. I don't have any idea why MioPocket Settings wouldn't load, except for a bad file, maybe.

Sega_dude,
1. MioPocket puts very, very little on the drive where Windows is, and makes room for itself, anyways. You don't need to worry about it.
2. SDMMC. That's your SD card.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 07 sept. 2010 03:43:04
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  09:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
When I take Autorun and Initialize from R59, MP installs and works. Also, I get a list of keyboards, tested Eurokeyboard for some editing - OK. In ControlPanel - InputPanel, the keyboard 'sticks' and remains as compared to the other behaviour. Igo starts, runs, and exits as it should. After a poweroff/on MP hangs. The following softreset results in "show input list" when trying to select a keyboard (same as before).
I think that R59's autorun does something to get the KB selectable whereas Initialize, on a softreset, negates that.
I'll continue testing but don't have so much time.
Your thoughts?

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  09:56:02  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone,
Here's Release 63.

To the handful of you who downloaded my first attempt, please re-download, as what you have has a couple of problems.

Download: MegaUpload

===============================================
** MioPocket 4.0 (Release 63) - Sep 6, 2010 ** (Osprey)
===============================================

1. Added options to the Skin Changer to increase the size of icons and text.

2. Sharpened the appearance of the bottom bar icons. Also tweaked a few mainscreen icons.

3. Added the ability with SDfree installation to put the Media folder on an SD card. If the folder is found on the flash drive or the SD card, it will be used. If it is not found in either location, the user will be prompted for the drive where it will be created.

4. Added to the startup menu a utilities sub-menu and an option to remove MioPocket. Both should be useful if the user needs to remove a failed installation. The utilities sub-menu has options for running CE Commander, FileManCE, Regedit and a couple of utilities.

5. Added Microsoft's NetCFCfg utility for configuring .NET Compact Framework, including an icon on the Settings page.

6. Added a "Processes" icon to the Tools page that runs CEProcessV.exe (which has been in MioPocket, but not exposed via icon). CEProcessV.exe is simpler for killing processes than Task Manager and allows for seeing the exact path of the dependent DLLs that are being loaded. Some other useful information about the DLLs and the system in general are viewable.

7. Added an option to MioPocket Settings to toggle the new shell's time display between 24-hour and 12-hour modes.

8. Added an option to MioPocket Settings to toggle the new shell's launch animation (zoom effect when clicking on icons). This can sometimes cure problems with apps launching.

9. Added TroNik\Suspend.exe to MioPocket Settings' "Configure Standby" sub-menu.

10. Added a GoPal icon and launcher script. (thanks to jwoegerbauer)

11. Fixed issue preventing .NET CF apps from running on some devices. (credit to TroNik)

12. Fixed issue preventing Flash (including all Flash-based games), XnView, Map24 Mobile and possibly more from running on many devices.

13. XnView's window will now expand to fullscreen.

14. The MiniBar's close/X button will now close the volume control.

15. Solved issue with paths not being fixed in many files, including start menu and desktop shortcuts.

16. Fixed fonts being hard to read on 320x240 devices. Installation of fresh copies of MioPocket will now set a larger default font size and space the icons out more to accomodate it.

17. Fixed "Disable regular registry backup" in MioPocket Settings not saving the change.

18. Fixed the Command Prompt and MiniBar icons on the Tools page pointing to Storage Card.

19. Reduced startup time by a few seconds by re-ordering the startup code.

20. Installing the JOTKBD and Transcriber drivers now backs up the old drivers and/or registry settings to MioAutoRun\Backup.

21. Fixed an error deleting registry values in the "Remove MioPocket" script. Also fixed the original nav app filename not being re-named back with an SDfree installation. Also, fixed the status messages overwriting each other.

22. Fixed problems with minimizing iGO via the NavMinimize triangle.

23. Edited GAPI so that it no longer shows the taskbar when run.

24. Undid a keyboard registry change that affected power button usage some devices. (thanks to TroNik)

25. Fixed SD card drives named "SDMMC" getting renamed to "SDMMC2" because of Application Data redirection (a similar issue that occurred and was fixed with My Documents redirection). (thanks to rickgtx)

26. Running nav apps through their scripts (ex. through the start menu) when MioPocket's shell is not running will no longer launch the shell when they exit.

27. Closing MioPocket will now kill the "AlwaysRunning" script, which will free up some more RAM, especially useful when running nav apps.

28. Hearts will now automatically enter a player name for you and will also save in-progress games across hard resets.

29. Fixed the wallpaper choice getting overwritten during installation if the user chose it from the desktop directly or from Control Panel (i.e. not from MioPocket Settings).

30. Launching the Control Panel will now display the MiniBar, if it isn't already running, so that some of the applets can be closed. Also, edited the Terminal Server Client Licenses applet to now display properly. Also, re-wrote the versioning of many Control Panel applets (and ctlpnl.exe) from 5.0 to 4.0, possibly helping them on CE4.

31. The MortScript.exe in the same folder as MioAutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr will now be overwritten with the on in the Programs folder if it's an old version (i.e. if the user neglected to update it). This should prevent "Couldn't create directory '\<drive>\MioAutoRun|Backup'" errors.

32. Removed the GAPI splash screen and prevented GAPI from displaying the taskbar when launching and exiting.

33. Removed the GetSystemPowerStatusEx function from WisBar.exe (the taskbar skinning app), since some devices don't support it. (credit to TroNik)

34. Removed eVB (Embedded Visual Basic), since nothing was using it anymore.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 07 sept. 2010 23:40:55
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  12:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Thanks for the new release, but
1. the device goes into an endless installing loop (testet SD-Installation)
2. as reportet for the last version, disabling Start Menu ended in a chrash

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

Akiii

4 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  12:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a question about MioPocket. The igo what is installed in the pack is it igo8? and if I want to add more maps or pois after the install it will make a %content% folder where I can place the new files?

Regards,
Ákos
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
Quick test of R63.
The same problems re. Power off/on.
No access to keyboard.
New for R63, cannot set date/time as controlpanel is empty.
Rgds

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

NRT

Australia
51 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  13:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

Osprey,

Thanks for the new release, but

Same on my mio moov 300

Navman S50 & MioMoov 300 running iGO, Primo & TomTom

Edited by - NRT on 07 sept. 2010 13:46:48
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  17:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NRT

quote:
Originally posted by Cachi

quote:
Originally posted by NRT
Does the mio 560 run SmartST_CE? and is there a file somewhere called ANWDOG.EXE

Yes it runs SmartST_CE, but i don´t know if is there ANWDOG.EXE, i don´t know where i have to find it.

Have a look and see if you have a directory called Program Files and inside that MioBT - ANWDOG.EXE should be there. Try mapping one of the icons in miopocket to run it (or use one of the file managers to run it)and let me know what happens.

Just checked my Moov370 no file in MioBT.

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

GrRusel

29 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  17:45:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

Osprey,

search in file MioAutoRun.mscr
If(MioPocketInstalled AND (not RegValueExists("HKLM", "init", "Launch9999") OR not DirExists("\Windows\Programs\Nokia")))
and replace it with
If(MioPocketInstalled AND (not RegValueExists("HKLM", "init", "Launch9999")))

Mio Moov V735TV & MioPocket MINI 4.0 Release 2
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  18:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Akiii

Hi,

I have a question about MioPocket. The igo what is installed in the pack is it igo8? and if I want to add more maps or pois after the install it will make a %content% folder where I can place the new files?

Regards,
Ákos

It depends on your units memory as maps take up a lot of space but can be added to folder :content/maps alternativly put them on a SD card if possible, the pois can be placed in a new folder :content/userdata/poi files must be in .kml format.

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  18:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrRusel
search in file MioAutoRun.mscr
If(MioPocketInstalled AND (not RegValueExists("HKLM", "init", "Launch9999") OR not DirExists("\Windows\Programs\Nokia")))
and replace it with
If(MioPocketInstalled AND (not RegValueExists("HKLM", "init", "Launch9999")))

Thanks GrRusel, that solves the Loop problem, but now I have the "old" taskbar under the Bottom Bar of iPhoneToday

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

thief1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  18:58:06  Show Profile  Visit thief1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm new to this site, it looks great. The link to download the latest version is not working for me. How can I get the latest version (release 63)?

thief1
Tomorrow's dream is best lived today.
Go to Top of Page

thief1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  19:07:14  Show Profile  Visit thief1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The link to download release 63 did not work for me. Since I'm new to this site, am I seeing a broken link issue or is it just me not understanding the process to get it here? Thanks.

thief1
Tomorrow's dream is best lived today.
Go to Top of Page

nlof

1 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  19:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded the latest release (63) from megaupload. Avira claims a virus :TR/Spy.76800.45. Anyone else found this; is it a false positive?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05