Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2173

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

ABTguy

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  07:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Master Osprey,

I have a weird problem on my China-made PNA with the following specs.

I had MioPocket 3.0 installed earlier, and when I tried to "update" it with the MP4, I made some mistake. Somehow I did not "uninstall" the MP3, and I just copied the MP4 files over to the \SDMMC\MioAutoRun\ folder. And executed the MioAutoRun.exe mortscript files. I did not get any questions asked from the installation menu, so thought it did not work, I reset the PNA, and the new MP4 interface loaded.

Sensing that something did not run well, I run WinCE explorer and only to realised that the explorer could not see the "contents" of my SDMMC. Then tried a few attempts to "uninstall" the MP3 (or 4 now), and it halted at very begining of the process telling me that there was one registry could not be uninstalled & progress stopped. In a fright, I tried to reformat the SD card, remove the MioAutoRun (exe, mscr & mortscript) files from the internal flash drive as well.

Then I restarted, then after I point the default GPS programs to \windiows\explorer.exe to use WinCE explorer, I realise that I could not see a single file in the SDMMC (even if fresh files are copied over), same for internal flash. If I use a separate explorer to view the files, it's all there. Now that I can't click the MioAutoRun.exe file to reinstall the MP4, can you advise me any other method I can get the program right ?

Right now I am using a "Launchpad" program to run on systeminformation.exe file to load a simple interface, which can show me the links for my GPS programs. But I still prefer to use MP4 due to the strong functionality.

As can see above, some of the programs are running with mortscripts, esp Garmin. I can't run Garmin in the fisrt place after launchpad loaded. I have to run the "WinCE" explorer at least once, then the mortscript can be executed. Thought I could do that with MP4 installation mortscript, but it did not.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - ABTguy on 19 août 2010 07:58:42
Go to Top of Page

Maximus9

Romania
53 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  08:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There really should be a code line in the MP uninstal routine to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MioPocket key registry key. On persistent, hive-based registry devices this would allow people to reinstall, and on non-persistent devices, it would do no harm.
ABTguy, delete that registry entry manually, using a reg editor or even CEcmd (TotalCommander) built in reg editor.

Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  08:36:31  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
Yes. I currently select it manually which is little time consuming especially while driving :D. I did find you have MkDir(FlashDrive\"Media") in several scripts, MioAutoRun.mscr and Unlock.mscr and it would be better for you to make the changes. Thanks.

I have two issues to report with CE6.

1) The Hard Reset does not do what it says. It performs a Soft Reset instead at least on Mag 5045. However, I don't have this issue on Mag 4250 (CE5). Not sure it's code diff between CE5 and CE6 in HardReset.exe or it's my 5045 hardware. On 5045 to perform a hard reset I would have to slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds. Has anyone else had this issue on CE6 devices?

2) EXE Check fails with "Application ExecutabilityCheck.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down". Must be the incompatibility with COMMCTRL.DLL and/or COREDLL.DLL found with Dependency Walker. Do you have an alternative to modify ExecutabilityCheck.exe?

Edited by - KhaKev on 19 août 2010 08:52:36
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  10:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
The power issue is the real showstopper.
I waited several minutes but the SD-card is still not accessible. My guess is that R6x has introduced extra
overhead which is not somehow taken into account.
Considering it worked flawlessly on R59, I'll stay on that release for now and drop R6x.
Thanks for your efforts

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

ABTguy

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  10:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus9

There really should be a code line in the MP uninstal routine to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MioPocket key registry key. On persistent, hive-based registry devices this would allow people to reinstall, and on non-persistent devices, it would do no harm.
ABTguy, delete that registry entry manually, using a reg editor or even CEcmd (TotalCommander) built in reg editor.

Ok I will try it later. But could this thing affect the Wince explorer not able to load mortscript ?

And thanks for the quick advise.

Edited by - ABTguy on 19 août 2010 10:38:42
Go to Top of Page

iamgun

2 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  10:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just upgrade from Release 60 (on Mio C320b model)
- On release 60, It work well but when it go to sleep mode it will resume in a 5 minute passed. This problem make me do upgrade to Release 61.

- On Release 61, I found some problem when I run iGo Primo - It will show a GAPI windows for confirm a Device model every time! even i select a right device model already!

What should I do? Please suggest.
Go to Top of Page

b.breum

13 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  14:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a mio moov 370 europe
I cant get BT or TMC to work properly.
Running it on SD and R61.

BT connect with phone only works without the unlock, same with TMC.

Mio moov 370 Europe
SD unlock MioPocket 4.0 (Release 63) - Aug, 2010
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  14:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
bumbum,
That's not a "patch"; it's 86MB large, as large as MioPocket, itself :). Maybe you meant a different link...?

Osprey you are right. But I wrote, that I included to this patch an older, but functional Version of Miopocket, because I remember, that I spent much time in getting most of the programs working and thought it will be usefull for Maximus9.

However this is the "official" script for Sony devices, discussed in many communities.

RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Volume", "Mute", 5)

Kill ("SonyCalibMan.exe")

Close("SonyAppMan") 

Copy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\MortScript.exe","\Windows\MortScript.exe")
Copy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\toolhelp.dll","\Windows\toolhelp.dll")
Copy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\TestMode.exe","\Windows\TestMode.exe")
Copy("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\PowerOn.mscr","\Windows\PowerOn.mscr")

RunOnPowerOn ("\Windows\MortScript.exe","\Windows\PowerOn.mscr" )

RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 18")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 15")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","on Serial")

Run ("\Windows\TestMode.exe")
Sleep (50)
Kill ("TestMode.exe")

While (TRUE)
RunWait ("\Mounted Volume\iGO8\iGO8.exe")
PowerOff
EndWhile 

If you look at, it was made to run iGO as replacement of the old Navigon Software on internal Flash

The patch in my download means to run Miopocket from external Memorystick , a typical Miopcket SD installation, (without deleting Original Software)but a little bit more tricky, because this device does not have SD Autostart function.

Well, if Maximus9 is happy with only adding this 3 lines to Miopocket, I am happy too ;), but I know exactly that at least without this 3 lines

RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 18")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","off 15")
RunWait("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\ToolDevice.exe","on Serial")

non of the included GPS programs included in Miopocket and also not other GPS Softwarelike iGO will find a GPS Signal.

That's why my patch is at it is.
Memory stick insertet==>Miopocket starts, GPS has Signal
Memory stick not insertet ==> Original Software starts, also with GPS Signal

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 19 août 2010 14:40:39
Go to Top of Page

aiolos

26 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  16:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a few days of email exchange with Frederick, the author of task manager, we got to the bottom of the problem. The new version 3.4 will include the necessary changes so that it will work properly on all winCE 5.
If you're interested in the details, the problem came down to the use of imaging.dll which isn't included in winCE 5 (at least not on all builds). The new version won't depend on that.

Navigon 8110, 480x272
WinCE 5.0, SIRF Star III
CPU 533MHz, RAM 128 MB
Go to Top of Page

passioner

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  16:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What should I do for total removing MioPocket 4, V61? I have done "remove Mio" Button, but there is a error code 27 and I think the files are not deleted. Right?
When I insert the SD there are the menus of MioPocket and it will installed again.
Should I delete some files manually from device and from SD-Card?

Please help me.

thanks in advance

-----------------
Mio Moov 505 TV
WinCe 6
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  17:03:55  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KhaKev

I have two issues to report with CE6.

1) The Hard Reset does not do what it says. It performs a Soft Reset instead at least on Mag 5045. However, I don't have this issue on Mag 4250 (CE5). Not sure it's code diff between CE5 and CE6 in HardReset.exe or it's my 5045 hardware. On 5045 to perform a hard reset I would have to slide and hold the power switch for 5 seconds. Has anyone else had this issue on CE6 devices?

It depends, how "reset" is implemented by the OEM, whether it is implemented as either a soft-reset, where RAM is maintained during the reset, or a hard-reset where the entire system is reset. The mostly implemented standard method to reset a device in CE 5.0 is to call KernelIoControl with IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT (i.e. performing a warm boot of the target device).
Example "C" code: KernelIoControl(IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL);
In no case hard-reset is the standard: that must have come from the OEM of your device.

BTW: In Windows CE 6.0, IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT will have no effect if called from a user application or driver.

FYI: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/32227222/ioctlhalreboot-in-ce-60.aspx

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 19 août 2010 17:27:28
Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  17:48:32  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Thanks for the good info. I will play with PM.DLL and update. Need to dumprom first though. Do you know any working dumprom working in CE6? DiskRW does not work anymore. I've checked buzzdev.net and confirmed it. Thx.

EDIT:

Tried NDump+new_9may10.rar from here but still no go, because "NDump needs a device which has installed Compact Framework 2.0 or higher"

Edited by - KhaKev on 19 août 2010 18:30:31
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  18:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, the programs that show errors in Miopocket don't out of Miopocket so its got to be an issue with Miopocket Not My Windows? it must be a problem in how the shortcut finds the exe! because its a cannot find the program error not a can't load error. duck hunt is one of the ones with a funny file extension so it does not work please help us fix this issue. thank you again

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D

Edited by - bsweeny on 19 août 2010 19:28:11
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  20:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bsweeny,

just for clarification. My post was about a Sony device with a very crippled WinCE 4.2 Version, which I owned approx 2 years ago, what means Miopocket Version was also not the actual one.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  20:16:13  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KhaKev

jwoegerbauer,
Thanks for the good info. I will play with PM.DLL and update. Need to dumprom first though. Do you know any working dumprom working in CE6? DiskRW does not work anymore. I've checked buzzdev.net and confirmed it. Thx.

EDIT:

Tried NDump+new_9may10.rar from here but still no go, because "NDump needs a device which has installed Compact Framework 2.0 or higher"

1) Sorry, can't help with a "working dumper", perhaps somebody else following the posts here.
2) Why not simply install .NET CF: a) USB mass storage mode is sufficient, i.e. AS is not needed, and b) only a .NET CF 3.5 .CAB-file is needed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05