Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

drtom

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  16:21:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in mid dec i tried 4.0,r68 and found it flawless on my mag 1700.
since i struggled with previous versions i could not be of help to others so i just occassionally use my gps. i checked this week to see whats been happening,read quite a few pages.
i noticed osprey last post on dec 9,2010 and no mention of him.
any news?
i have always appreciated the work done by him and you others

thanks
tom

computers r fun
started with vic 20,much fun. magellan 1700,800, mp 3/57
Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  18:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

@helcer,

in addition to bumbum's statements (yes, enabling "TimeSyncing" and "AlwaysRunning" probably is not the best choice at all), I think
quote:

5. blanc windows screen opens - my device, recycle .... symbols on the left side, x right top, two icons right down - minibar and ..

definitly limits the problem you have.

a. Due to the fact 'MiniBar' indeed is loaded, the error must lie in the red colored line(s) listet next in b., will say there is possibly a mistake given in settings-file MioPocket.ini

[Skin]
Shell=

because variable ShellPath is constructed of value that ini-file's entry 'Shell' has been set. Is this value set, especially such a value like 'iPhoneToday'?

b. That's MioPocket's load order (ShellStart.mscr)

#Launch the MioPocket shell
If(not ProcExists(FileBase(ShellPath)&".exe"))
	Run(ShellPath)
EndIf
#Launch startup programs
CallScript("StartupPrograms.mscr")

With script StartupPrograms.mscr the following steps are performed
is

#MiniBar  the close button and mini taskbar that hover on top of most applications
If(UseMiniBar AND not ProcExists("MiniBar.exe"))
	#Add message to log
	WriteFile(StartupLogFile, "StartupPrograms.mscr: Running the MiniBar...^NL^", TRUE)
	Run(SkinFolder\"MiniBar\MiniBar.exe")
EndIf
#Minimize all open windows
Run(ProgramsFolder\"PHM Tools\Desktop.exe")
#If iPhoneToday is running, bring it to the foreground (by running it again)
If(Shell eq "iPhoneToday" AND ProcExists("iPhoneToday.exe"))
	#Add message to log
	WriteFile(StartupLogFile, "StartupPrograms.mscr: Bringing the iPhoneToday shell to the foreground...^NL^", TRUE)
	Run(ShellPath)
EndIf

hello jwoegerbauer and thank´s again for supporting
1. i have finished - hope so - the sd-card like the video supports, it was not easy because ther is no comment and "he" switches very fast. although i´ve done but not yet tested because i prefer to run miopocket without leetlauncher if possible. leetlauncher already works with my pioneer very well, it´s very easy to change all you want but it is not yet supported and i miss some progs. i installed it some days before and i have it on another sd-card, ready to take whenever i want.
2. the shell is exactly like you wrote
3. am i right that i shall copy the text

#MiniBar  the close button and mini taskbar that hover on top of most applications
	#Add message to log
	WriteFile(StartupLogFile, "StartupPrograms.mscr: Running the MiniBar...^NL^", TRUE)
EndIf
	#Add message to log
	WriteFile(StartupLogFile, "StartupPrograms.mscr: Bringing the iPhoneToday shell to the foreground...^NL^", TRUE)
	Run(ShellPath)
EndIf

[/quote]

into "StartupPoograms.mscr" ?

help, and you`ll be helped
Pioneer Avic F500BT - HTC Touch HD - Navigon 6310 - Nokia E63 - Acer N50
Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  19:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

hello again, think my english is quite bad

as i wrote, i copied ...

#MiniBar the close button and mini taskbar that hover on top of most applications
#Add message to log
EndIf
#Add message to log
Run(ShellPath)
EndIf

to the startupprograms.mscr - think i missunderstood - nothing changed.

also tried like the video shows - does not start because device only does, if the mort´s and copytools and keys are in the folder testmode - from the root nothing happens than starting the original soft. try to put the files into testmode folder and test again.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  20:33:40  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@helcer,

wahrscheinlich ist mein Englisch auch unter aller Sau, aber mich kümmert's eigentlich nicht, da ich den Eindruck habe, dass ich verstanden werde. Vielleicht liege ich aber auch falsch?

Don't get confused: you have nothing to copy anywhere. All I wanted to show you was, that with script ShellStart.mscr (i.e. MioPocket's real starter routine) both the MiniBar and the Shell (iPhoneToday) are loaded. Because - in your case - only MiniBar indeed gets loaded, but not the shell (iPhoneToday), the reason must be found why this. In my eyes only two reasons are thinkable, either file MioPocket.ini is corrupted, or not enough RAM available - 4MB are realistically needed (Only a side remark: Using 24-Bit images for every pixel - red, green and blue - three bytes are used to store it. Using 32-Bit images, as this is throughout the case with MioPocket 4.0, instead of storing three bytes for every pixel - red, green and blue, now four are stored: red, green, blue and alpha, or RGBA. A default iPT-type icon is 133x133 pixels, hence if stored as 24-Bit image 53.067KB are used, and if stored as 32-Bit image 70.756KB are used. MioPocket 4.0 by default comes with over 50 icons (32-Bit images), thus at least 3.54MB RAM are needed alone for the icons, not counted yet the RAM needed for background image used and other graphics, and of course iPhoneToday.exe itself.)
Again my question: after installing MioPocket (unlock process), in file MioPocket.ini, what value has key Shell in section [Skin]? And the additional question: after installing MioPocket (unlock process), what amount of RAM is available?

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 18 mars 2011 20:41:42
Go to Top of Page

Anakin

Brazil
33 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2011 :  20:41:43  Show Profile  Visit Anakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Very nice this ScreenCleaner. Thanks a lot!

Anakin
Mio C320, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
http://clovis3d.blogspot.com/
http://clovis3dme.blogspot.com.br/
Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  01:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer, think i´ve found :-)

[Skin]
;Shell that MioPocket will use ("iPhoneToday" or "SystemInformation"). It runs MioAutoRun\Skin\<Shell>\<Shell>.exe.
Shell=iPhoneToday

;Skin that MioPocket will use. If blank, it will be set to the default for the shell and/or device resolution.
Skin=

continued - just found the info about ram:
program memory 219 mb, 14,1 mb used, 205 mb free
storage memory 14,6 mb, 340 kb used, 14,3 mb free

info: when i run startup menu - run utilities - the 2 icons right down open
opening the minibar works but cant run all options

... will comment all when mio runs on my pio

Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  16:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

@upan275
the bad message is, as jwoegerbauer mentioned, that you can only repair the registry of your device, if you have as connection.

The good message is that for these YF devices you most probably can find a complete ROM to flash it new from SD card.

It's may some time intensely to find. For your start, I remember, when I had such a chinese device, I posted here in this Forum the links where I had found the Flash ROM. I think it was the old Miopocket 3.0 thread. Please search for bumbum chinese crap ;)

@jwoegerbauer

[quote]CopyTool.exe
NNtestmode.exe
45487613469745412354668745684665.? (0 Bytes)
70560201322534565929232100000201.? (0 Bytes)

but I don't know the meaning of the last two in detail.

I strongly believe this two 0 bytes files are only indicators to let CopyTool start the installation. Same as 0 byte MNAVDCE.CAB in GOPAL Install folder.

@helcer
Please copy Miopocket completely new, but before change in
MioPocket.Defaults.ini

;Whether or not the system date and time are synchronized during installation and after navigation apps run.
TimeSync=1

to

;Whether or not the system date and time are synchronized during installation and after navigation apps run.
TimeSync=0

If that doesn't bring sucess, I have some further ideas

BTW
You said you want to install Miopocket internally. Are able to identify the first starting exe in your internal Flashdisk?
For example in the Gopal device it's Menu.exe for others it's shell exe. If you can it's easy to install Miopocket. Remove the may existing MioAutoRun folder there, copy a fresh MioAutorun folder there.

copy the 3 files to the same place where your starting exe is and rename them accordingly. Don't forget to disable copytool on SD

@bumbum
hello bumbum, cant get my pioneer run by sd-installation - also not by changing timesync to 0
so i want to install directly to myflashdisk now
is this correct?
all miopocket files - also reg. removed
copy new miopocket folder, extras and media to the root of myflashdisk
copy mortscreen, ..mscr and ... exe to myflashdisk/apl (here exists the mainmenu.exe - which is the start exe)
rename mainmenu.exe to mainmenuori.exe
rename mscr and exe to copytool.mscr and exe

how can i install e button in miopocket afterwoods to open the original soft?

thanks for help

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  17:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@helcer

OT: You may have noticed that some posts are wiped, most probably done by a mod because of the use of German language. We have to accept this is English speaking board.

quote:
is this correct?

Please see readme
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/MioPocket%20Readme.html#2.2b

as I wrote, (in case your device is not hive based, which I do not think) the only thing you should
1. remove is the small MioAutoRun folder in your Flash Disk
2. Make a Hardreset and everything of Miopocket is gone
3. copy a "fresh" (not the one from SD)MioAutoRun and Media (no Extras) folder to Flash Disk
4. Rename mainmenu.exe to mainmenu_orig.exe
5. copy mortscript, ..mscr and ... exe to myflashdisk/apl (here rename mscr and exe to mainmenu.mscr and exe
Don't rename Mortscript exe
6.Hardreset

after Hardreset you will be asked, if you want to run your original SW or Miopocket.

If you have a seperate "Navigation".exe, you can install it from Miopocket screen

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  17:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum

thank you, i´ll try this

ps: i wonderd why all of my posts are deleted, only one was in german - think there were also important informations about miopocket

tell u soon if it works

Go to Top of Page

louger20

8 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  18:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum

Thanks a lot for your help and the help of others in trying to get my Magellan Maestro 4700 working with Miopocket and iGO. I have finally got it working, but I had to downgrade from Miopocket 4.0 to Miopocket 3.0 Release 58. I came across someone in the archives that had gotten their working with, but had not mentioned iGO, so I thought I would try it and it worked. There was just one slight change I had to make for anyone else who is interested. Miopocket would not install without changing MioAutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to icopy.exe and icopy.mscr instead, as if it was Miopocket 4.0. Anyway, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  18:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@louger20

If you had been able to get GPS signal in 3.0, it should also work in 4.0. IMHO Miopocket doesn't influent GPS at all.
One explanation could be that in 3.0 some of devices original processes is killed from Miopocket, which still runs in 4.0, or vice versa. So if you want, you may compare with taskmanager the running processes of both versions.

PS You should note Port and Baud before

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

louger20

8 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  19:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum

You know, that is interesting because I was doing some research through the net and found an older post on another site in which someone was trying to unlock this unit. They had partially done so, but found that their unlock procedure left the Magellan in a state in which the GPS was still being accessed by the units stock software. This did not allow other GPS software to access the GPS hardware. This might be the problem I was experiencing with 4.0.
Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  19:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[ed]no success, installation successful - reboot - all frozen
windows screen with my device .... on the left side, x right top, 2 Buttons for minibar right down [ed]

Go to Top of Page

helcer

23 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  19:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excuse me please, why are my posts and questions always be modified or removed - what am i doing wrong? i´ve read the rules and dont understand right now - pls. help

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2011 :  20:28:27  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Calm down, nothing is lost or deleted or modified, I can everything see.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 19 mars 2011 20:29:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05